Post random maps here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:55:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Post random maps here (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post random maps here  (Read 985274 times)
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

« on: June 13, 2009, 04:11:56 PM »

I was just rather shocked at Vermont and Utah going to the same party :/

It has happened before you know.  Tongue
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 05:06:58 AM »
« Edited: August 01, 2009, 08:55:38 AM by ChrisJG777 »

Just a random map, nothing more.  I'll allow you to draw your own interpretations.  Tongue

Edited to add:

Same as above, but with popular vote percentages.  Tongue
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 05:32:30 PM »

An unlikely election result, though could be possible if the Republican's a moderate from California and the Democrat's a moderate from some Southern State like Texas, but the chances of this happening are very remote.

The New England region's off for a start.

Tongue
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 12:34:25 PM »

An unlikely election result, though could be possible if the Republican's a moderate from California and the Democrat's a moderate from some Southern State like Texas, but the chances of this happening are very remote.

Tongue

West Wing 2006! Smiley

I have seen that map, but it's completely unrelated to this one, which is just something I came up with one day.  Tongue
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 06:06:06 PM »

Tongue

West Wing 2006! Smiley

I have seen that map, but it's completely unrelated to this one, which is just something I came up with one day.  Tongue

Looks like Carter in 1976 mixed in with Clinton in 1996 and 1992. The only thing wrong is with the Dakotas and Montana.

I thought I'd mix a bit of Johnson '64 in as well.  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 01:50:33 PM »

Those, who read "Off-topic" and "Forum community" boards will know, what this map means

Shouldn't the colours be the other way round there, or am I missing something?  Tongue
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 09:26:41 AM »

Now something like this has probably been done before, but hey.  Tongue
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 05:11:25 AM »

Is there anything significant about this or is it just a random, meaningless map?  Tongue
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 05:11:47 PM »

Potential match-up between George W. Bush, John Kerry and a member of the species Allosaurus fragilis (Marsh, 1877)Tongue

Bush (R-TX)/Cheney (R-WY)
Kerry (D-MA)/Edwards (D-NC)
Allosaurus (I-MT)/Utahraptor (I-UT)

The Allosaurus' impressive performance in the South and Oklahoma due in part to some religious nut-jobs somehow seeing a living dinosaur as proof of the story of creation, and of course the Allosaurus' remarks where he said he was against the Separation of Church and State (prey in schools, geddit?).  He also does well in the Mountain west, where he and his running mate hail from, and he manages to win over a whole plethora of "liberals" and "conservatives, ensuring him a landslide.  Bush narrowly wins Texas.

Now for the Allosaurus' re-election bid in 2008, which has John McCain, Barack Obama and Cthulhu running as his opponents.

McCain (R-AZ)/Palin (R-AK)
Obama (D-IL)/Biden (D-DE)
Cthulhu (I-NJ)/Cthulhu (I-NJ)

Once again the Allosaurus landslides, losing the states of Arizona to the Republicans, Illinois to the Democrats and New Jersey to Cthulhu (though it must be noted that in New Jersey, Cthulhu was the only candidate on the ballot).  However, the Allosaurus does pick up Texas, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island and 3 out of 4 of Maine's electoral votes.  Due to an insanity inducing warp in the space time continuum, Cthulhu is his own running mate.

Tongue  Grin
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 06:51:36 AM »

Once again the Allosaurus landslides, losing the states of Arizona to the Republicans, Illinois to the Democrats and New Jersey to Cthulhu (though it must be noted that in New Jersey, Cthulhu was the only candidate on the ballot).  However, the Allosaurus does pick up Texas, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island and 3 out of 4 of Maine's electoral votes.  Due to an insanity inducing warp in the space time continuum, Cthulhu is his own running mate.

New Jersey wouldn't be allowed to cast its Presidential and Vice Presidential votes for Cthulhu; the Constitution forbids electors to vote for a Presidential and Vice Presidential candidate from their state.

I am well aware of what the constitution stipulates as regards to presidential and vice presidential home-states, but this is A) Cthulhu we're talking about here, an unspeakable insanity inducing god-like alien with an uncanny ability manipulate and warp the space-time continuum, and B) this a non serious fictional presidential election map.  Tongue

By the way, you are familiar with Cthulhu and aware of the works of H.P. Lovecraft, right?  Tongue
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 01:19:39 PM »

New Jersey wouldn't be allowed to cast its Presidential and Vice Presidential votes for Cthulhu; the Constitution forbids electors to vote for a Presidential and Vice Presidential candidate from their state.

I am well aware of what the constitution stipulates as regards to presidential and vice presidential home-states, but this is A) Cthulhu we're talking about here, an unspeakable insanity inducing god-like alien with an uncanny ability manipulate and warp the space-time continuum, and B) this a non serious fictional presidential election map.  Tongue

By the way, you are familiar with Cthulhu and aware of the works of H.P. Lovecraft, right?  Tongue

Yes, but that doesn't mean I can't nitpick over minor details of an intentionally implausible map. Tongue

Yes it does.  Tongue
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 07:38:26 AM »

You've had the first column of states go Republican, the second column go Democratic and Maine and Nebraska, who split their electoral votes, go independent.  Tongue
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 06:45:02 PM »

Uh, the results of the 1988 Presidential election if only Virginia and New Jersey were allowed to vote?  Tongue
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 07:33:41 AM »

JewishConservative quite clearly has an overinflated opinion of himself, as we can see from the presidential maps.  Ha ha, but no, it ain't gonna happen.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies