Post random maps here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:07:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Post random maps here (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post random maps here  (Read 979856 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: March 22, 2014, 02:00:18 PM »
« edited: March 24, 2014, 12:54:06 PM by TheCranberry »

2044 Presidential Election:

Gov. Elizabeth Nunn (D-GA) / Rep. Caspian Polis (D-CO) - 55.36% - 345

Sen. Charles Ryan (R-WI) / Rep. Eliza Lee (R-UT) - 44.64% - 193

State Map:

County Map:

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 05:18:51 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2014, 05:25:50 AM by TheCranberry »

Her daughter.
First I decided on the states, and then I took the children of Dem/Rep politicians of these states.
Her daughter will be just forty then, but I couldn't find any other promising Georgia Democrats I like, whose children's names are on Wikipedia.

That actually looks like a pretty realistic potential map for 2044, though I think that Arkansas and Oklahoma will go 70% Republican and feel that Virginia and Maryland will be about 60% Democratic.
I changed the first ones, but not Maryland. Outside of New England and Northern New York, the Northeast swung towards the Republicans, so Maryland and Delaware went just barely to the Democrats. Outside of Baltimore and the D.C metro, Maryland is heavily Republican on this map.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 12:17:38 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2014, 12:50:38 PM by TheCranberry »

Only problem I have is Oldham Country Kentucky voting Democrat.  That won't be happening any time soon, even the young people here like the GOP.
I don't know about that county in particular, but I wanted to make Kentucky a lot more democratic as you would it expect to be. So maybe I flipped some counties that would never go (Atlas) red, but it is the future, so, meh... A lot can happen ^^

I really don't see Arkansas being that Republican.  60% is more reasonable.  Also Arkansas will not lose a congressional district.  Population growth would have to be negative for that to happen.
A lot can happen in thirty years... And I had one EV too much, so I said, hey, Arkansas is going to loose a CD.

Ew, St. Louis County, MN goes red?
It did in 2012, at least according to Wikipedia, so why not in 2044?

I'd like to think we'll have flipped Denton county by 2044. But I guess Dentonians just couldn't get behind Nunn's tax reform ideas
It still went for the GOP, just with a slimmer margin then the surrounding counties to its north.

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 08:52:50 AM »

I don't know about that county in particular, but I wanted to make Kentucky a lot more democratic as you would it expect to be. So maybe I flipped some counties that would never go (Atlas) red, but it is the future, so, meh... A lot can happen ^^

That's okay, its a pretty small county, but its the wealthiest county in Kentucky and is very Republican.  The areas surrounding Louisville are pretty Conservative.  Just some friendly advise for Kentucky going Democratic, I'd recommend the areas around Cincinnati and Lexington along with some poor Eastern Kentucky counties.  But I don't blame you for not knowing.  Its a very well made map.
OK. Thanks for the advise, I plan to do other similar maps, so I can use it very well.

Whoa, switching between forums continues to mess me up with party colors. Tongue Must remind myself every day that red means Dem on Atlas...
I've got the same problem more often then less. Then I look at other maps, and think to myself: "Massachustes going for the GOP? What the..." until I realize, blue is the good color there Tongue
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 03:31:19 AM »

Decided to give you that beauty Tongue

Second Republic of the Confederated States of America - 1961 Presidential Election:

Liberal Party of the Confederacy: Lyndon B Johnson (L-TX) - 168 EVs

Conservative Party of the Confederacy: James Eastland (C-MS) - 79 EVs

After the Second Secession in fall 1960, initated by Alabama and followed by many other southern states from Virginia to Oklahoma, the political landscape in the Confederacy soon split between supporters of an all-in war against the North (predominant in areas not bordering the Northern States), and supporters of a possible peace with the North, and maybe a reintegration into the USA, albeit with a greater autonomy (predominant in areas bordering the Northern States or the Atlantic Ocean, whereto the USA sent a great navy presence). The leader of the "War" or conservative fraction was James Eastland, former Senator from Mississippi,  while former Texas Senator and former Vice Presidential Candidate on the Democratic 1960 Election ticket Lyndon Johnson led the "Peace" or Liberal fraction. Eastland tried to portray Johnson as Kennedy's agent in the South, yet Johnson prevailed, albeit mostly due to strong Army presence on the borders. Reintegration talks with the North soon initiated.
(The lighter color in Missouri means that just parts of the state are under Confederate control).
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 09:35:27 AM »

QUITE A DIFFERENT AMERICA

Point of divergence here is the Civil Rights Act being passed in the 50ies by an independent President Eisenhower. Neither Democrats nor Republicans realign themselves on civil right issues as they do OTL. The 60ies see Presidents Kennedy and Johnson as in OTL, the latter reelected in 1968. Civil Rights cease to be a big issue in the late 60ies, also in the South.

1972:

Senator Mark Hatfield (R-OR) / Senator John Tower (R-TX) - 341 EVs

Senator Edmund Muskie (D-ME) / Governor George Wallace (D-AL) - 197 EVs

1976:

President Mark Hatfield (R-OR) / Vice President John Tower (R-TX) - 312 EVs
Senator Sam Yorty (D-CA) / Representative Woody Jenkins (D-LA) - 226 EVs

1980:

Senator Robert Kennedy (D-MA) / Governor Charles Flinch (D-MS) - 381 EVs
Frmr Governor Spiro Agnew (R-MD) / Senator Charles Percy (R-IL) - 157 EVs
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 04:35:04 PM »

QUITE A DIFFERENT AMERICA

Point of divergence here is the Civil Rights Act being passed in the 50ies by an independent President Eisenhower. Neither Democrats nor Republicans realign themselves on civil right issues as they do OTL. The 60ies see Presidents Kennedy and Johnson as in OTL, the latter reelected in 1968. Civil Rights cease to be a big issue in the late 60ies, also in the South.

Cool map series! It reminded me of one I did last year, where the Civil Rights and Voting Rights acts aren't passed as in OTL, similar to what you did.

edited to add: I found it: link to A Divergent America

Aha - yeah it seems similar indeed. I intend to diverge from your series the further we get to the present, though. Wink

QUITE A DIFFERENT AMERICA, PART DEUX

1984:

President Robert Kennedy (D-MA) / Vice President Charles Flinch (D-MS) - 387 EVs 
Senator William Cohen (R-ME) / Senator Alan Simpson (R-WY) - 151 EVs

1988:

Secretary of Defense Alexander Haig (R-PA) / Frmr Director of the CIA George Bush (R-TX) - 434 EVs
Frmr Senator Gary Hart (D-CO) / Senator Joe Biden (D-DE) - 104 EVs

1992:

Senator Bob Dole (R-KS) / Representative Jack Kemp (R-NY) - 273 EVs
Governor Mario Cuomo (D-NY) / Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) - 265 EVs
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 11:32:18 AM »

QUITE A DIFFERENT AMERICA, PART THREE

Composition of 103rd United States Congress:
Red - 2 Democratic Senators
Blue - 2 Republican Senators
Grey - Split Senate Delegation

Republicans - 62
Democrats - 38

House:

Republicans -226

Democrats - 208

1994 Midterms:

Senate:

50% Shade - Retain seat
70% Shade - Pick-up open seat
90% Shade - Pick-up through defeat of incumbent

Republicans - 53 (-9)
Democrats - 47 (+9)

House:

Democrats - 234 (+26)
Republicans - 200 (-26)

1996:

Senator Joe Biden (D-DE) / Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) - 512 EVs
President Bob Dole (R-KS) / Senator Dan Quayle (R-IN) - 22 EVs
Mr. Pat Buchanan (I-VA) / Rep. Ron Paul (I-TX) - 4 EVs

Senate:

Democrats - 50 (+3)
Republicans - 50 (-3)

House:

Democrats - 234 (nc)
Republicans - 197 (-3)
Independents - 3 (+3) (VT-AL caucusing with Democrats, AK-AL and NE-3 caucusing with Republicans)

1998 Midterms:

Senate:

Democrats - 51 (+1)
Republicans - 49 (-1)

House:

Democrats - 226 (-8)
Republicans - 204 (+7)
Independents - 4 (+1) (VT-AL, ME-2 -Dem. Caucus; AK-AL, NE-3 Rep. Caucus)

2000:

President Joe Biden (D-DE) / Vice President Patty Murray (D-WA) - 277 EVs
Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA) / Senator John McCain (R-AZ) - 261 EVs

Senate:

Democrats - 52 (+1)
Republicans - 48 (-1)
House:

Democrats - 218 (-8)
Republicans - 215 (+11)
Independents - 1 (-3) (VT-AL caucusing with Democrats)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies