Post random maps here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:24:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Post random maps here (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Post random maps here  (Read 986650 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 05:59:52 PM »

Only thing I really disagree with is that UT is solid red and ID/WY are swing states. Unless the Republicans go through some seismic shift and become liberal, those states are the deepest ruby red.

Wyoming is such a tiny state that I could see it shifting just enough to put it into swing territory by 2040 just from migration and growth. Colorado 2008 basically.

I decided to put mormons in the Democratic column and I think that the ones in Boise, Idaho will have a strong enough presence combined with the state growing in size or shifting to become like 2008 Colorado. Why are the mormons Democrat? I figure since they're a small religious minority who dislike Trump that they'd overtime shift to the Democrats. The two big issues they opposed Trump on were the Muslim ban and his tough stance on illegal immigration. These are two issues that I don't really see the GOP softening on anytime soon. I think the GOP will neglect this group in the long run and since the mormons are disproportionately younger and their youth drastically outnumber their elderly then mormons as a whole will be pushed into the Democratic column by 2040.

Interesting. What cause the Pacific Coast and the Northeast to become so Republican?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2017, 11:20:14 AM »

A game of getting states to vote the opposite way while still looking reasonable turned into a mild democratic gerrymander.

How did you flip MI? The borders look the same, as far as I can tell...
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies