Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:00:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 108227 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: July 26, 2015, 05:20:46 PM »

Mayor John Lindsay in Manchester, New Hampshire

"President Nixon invests our futures not in the ingenuity of fellow Americans, not in the strength of our freedom, not in the education of our children, but in manpower in the Vietnam war, in Washington doublethink, and in talk over action. The President has done little to fight what ails Americans, and more to fight his enemies in the oval office and play paranoid games. We can't take four more years of broken promises.

In the White House, we need someone who will fight for tax justice over tax subisides for the wealthiest Americans, someone who will bring hope to America's crime stricken cities, someone who will put money for jobs, education, and healthcare for regular Americans, and someone who will put a final end to Vietnam once and for all. I believe I am that candidate.

President Nixon put an end to the fraud of Progressive Republicanism. The progressive vision does not belong in the Republican Party. It belongs in the Democratic Party. This is a new era of American politics, and we no longer need the leaders of yesteryear, but the leaders of today. I hope I can bring forward a vision that will define the next American century, and renew hope for the future. That's why I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States of America.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 03:09:55 PM »

Lindsay '72 - Campaign Schedule

January 2nd
Barnstorming in Tuscon, AZ
Town Hall in Casa Grande, AZ
Town Hall in Mesa, AZ

January 3rd
Town Hall in Mesa, AZ
Barnstorming in Phoenix, AZ
Fundraising in Phoenix, AZ

"The solid doors of Washington remain closed to outsiders. President Nixon only hears the echoes within those walls. He doesn't hear struggling Arizonans, attempting to pay their bills, keep their streets clean, or achieve the American dream, he only hears the voices to continue sending men to die in Vietnam and voices saying to implement programs that will raise inflation. I will be a voice for the American people in Washington, not a voice from Washington on the American people."

- Mayor Lindsay talking to voters in Arizona

January 4th
Barnstorming in Des Moines, Iowa
Fundraising in Des Moines, Iowa
Town Hall in Ames, Iowa

January 5th
Barnstorming in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Town Hall in Iowa City, Iowa
Town Hall in Iowa City, Iowa

"I know farmers are struggling in this economy. President Nixon has put into place arbitrary policies that do little to help farmers. I will be a voice for farmers. I will fight for you by put together a new farm program that will expand wages, reducce waste, and make sure the lowest among you get paid what you deserve. The American people are tired of empty promises. Time for bold solutions."

- Mayor Lindsay's speech to an Iowa Farm Group.

January 6th
Town Hall in Keene, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Jaffrey, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Peterborough, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Bennington, New Hampshire

January 7th
Town Hall in Hillsboro, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Weare, New Hampshire
Barnstorming in Concord, New Hampshire

January 8th
Town Hall in Suncook, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Manchester, New Hampshire
Barnstorming in Manchester, New Hampshire
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 08:38:50 PM »

Lindsay 72 Ad: A Fighter
Airing in New Hampshire, Iowa, Arizona

"I spoke out against the war 7 years ago because it was a senseless waste. On hot summer days, I walked the streets of New York because we couldn't surrender to violence. I cut pollution by 30% because our lives were on the line. I won some. I lost some. and I learned. Maybe it's time we had a President who knows how to fight, and what to fight for. That's why I want the job."

Narrator
"Lindsay hasn't had the luxury of just talking about our problems, he's been too busy fighting them."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 03:26:11 PM »

My schedule will be up tonight.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 09:40:55 PM »

Lindsay '72 Schedule: January 9th-January 16th

"As the Mayor of the Second Biggest Government in the United States, I understand what it takes to run a government for the people. It takes energy, it takes knowledge, but most importantly, it takes passion and fight. The willingness to fight for everyone. Nixon fights - he fights for millionaires and special interests. That's great for them, but bad for you. If you send me to Washington as your next President, I will be a President that fights on your behalf, not on theirs."

January 9th, 1972
Barnstorming in Tallahassee, Florida
Fundraising in Tallahassee, Florida
Meet and Greet in Perry, Florida
Meet and Greet in Live Oak, Florida

January 10th, 1972
Barnstorming in Jacksonville, Florida
Meet and Greet in St. Augustine, Florida
Meet and Greet in Palm Coast, Florida

January 11th, 1972
Meet and Greet in Daytona Beach, Florida
Town Hall in Port Orange, Florida
Barnstorming in Orlando, Florida

"We don't nearly treat our elderly well enough. As soon as we expand Social Security benefits, we hack into Medicare for them. It's time we treated the elderly the way they've treated us, with respect. In New York City, I implemented the half fare transit for the elderly, the largest in the world, and gave them housing. I believe we can expand this program on a more national level with little cost to the tax payer."

January 12th, 1972
Barnstorming in Chicago, Illinois
Fundraising in Chicago, Illinois

January 13th, 1972
Barnstorming in Flagstaff, Arizona
Town Hall in Williams, Arizona
Meet and Greet in Prescott, Arizona

January 14th, 1972
Barnstorming in Glendale, Arizona
Barnstorming in Phoenix, Arizona
Meet and Greet in Phoenix, Arizona

"I'm from New York City, where I spent 6 years in charge of the second biggest government in the United States. As Mayor, you listen to people, whether you like it or not. You hear their stories - their day to day struggles finding employment, housing, and clean air to breathe. And you fight for those people. I've gone to bat for the people there. I've won some, I've lost some, and I've learned valuable lessons in my time. I hope, throughout this campaign, I'll earn your trust so America can send a President to Washington, not the other way around."

January 15th, 1972
Barnstorming in Mesa, Arizona
Town Hall in Tempe, Arizona
Meet and Greet in Tempe, Arizona
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 10:15:44 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2015, 10:24:56 PM by maxheem »

Endorsers of John Lindsay

- Former Governor of Massachusetts Endicott Peabody will be campaigning in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- Former Governor Sam Goddard will be campaigning in Arizona.
- Former Congressman George F. Senner will be campaigning in Arizona
- Former Congressman Joseph Oliva Huot will be campaigning in New Hampshire.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 05:49:20 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2015, 05:58:31 PM by maxheem »

Lindsay 72 Schedule: January 16th-22nd, 1972

"The War in Vietnam doesn't just affect the lives of solidiers, it affects those here in America. For every dollar spent in Vietnam, its a hospital or a school that goes unbuilt, housing unrepaired, and men and women without jobs - and instead we're spending it on a quagmire gone haywire. That's why I spoke out against the war while so many were hiding for cover. "

January 16th, 1972:
Town Hall in Clarinda, Iowa
Town Hall in Creston, Iowa
Town Hall in Indianola, Iowa
Opening Campaign office in Des Moines, Iowa

January 17th, 1972:
Meet and Greet in Des Moines, Iowa
Town Hall in Ames, Iowa

"The shock of a terrorist plot in Chicago makes me think about how safe we truly are within our own borders. With all this focus on foreign dictatorships that we keep trying to thwart, we have to better defend ourselves rather than putting our stamp around the globe."

January 18th, 1972:
Fundraising in Chciago, Illinois
Opening Campaign office in Chicago, Illinois

January 19th, 1972:
Barnstorming in Rockford, Illinois
Town Hall in Elgin, Illinois
Town Hall in Peoria, Illinois

"I hear the voices of middle America loud and clear, and they are tired the talking, the promises, the pledging, the warning, and the offering that comes from a politician wishing to go to Washington. They are tired of it, because they know that politician, as soon as they go to Washington, becomes quiet, and doesn't fight for you, but fights for themselves, for special interest dollars. I pledge as President, as I've learned from being in charge of the second largest government in the country, to fight the problems that ail our country, and to fight for the ones who are in need, not for the ones that already have and demand more."

January 20th, 1972:
Meet and Greet in Page, Arizona
Meet and Greet in Kayenta, Arizona
Meet and Greet in Williams, Arizona

January 21st, 1972:
Barnstorming in Flagstaff, Arizona
Opening office in Flagstaff, Arizona
Town Hall in Holbrook, Arizona
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 05:57:18 PM »

Endorsers of John Lindsay (January 16-22, 1972)

- Former Governor Endicott Peabody will be fundraising in Massachusetts.
- Former Governor Sam Goddard will be campaigning in Arizona.
- Former Congressman George F. Senner will be campaigning in Arizona
- Former Congressman Joseph Oliva Huot will be campaigning in New Hampshire.
- Tampa Mayor Dick Greco will be campaigning in Florida.
- Former Governor Sam Shapiro will be campaigning in Illinois
- Orlando Mayor Carl Langford will be holding fundraisers for John Lindsay in Florida.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 05:35:01 PM »

John Lindsay will debate his fellow candidates.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 10:44:53 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2015, 11:03:05 PM by maxheem »

"Governor Carter attacked my record as Mayor of New York City, and I don't disagree that the city that I chose to be Mayor of has had issues. I don't deny that running the second largest government in the United States comes with it's own set of problems, and lots of em. But I've stayed on the job and I've fought, every step of the way, to make the lives of New Yorkers better. I was re-elected as Mayor because they felt I was fighting for them. Governor Carter, meanwhile, spent only a few months at his new job as Governor of Georgia before deciding he need a promotion. You don't just get promotions, Mr. Carter, you earn them. I won't be talked down to about my job performance by someone who hasn't even performed his own."

January 23rd, 1972:
Press Conference in Des Moines, Iowa
Town Hall in West Des Moines, Iowa

January 24th, 1972:
GOTV in Des Moines, Iowa
GOTV in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
GOTV in Iowa City, Iowa

"The American people are sick of the Washington doublespeak. Doublespeak can come from members of both parties, from Richard Nixon or Ed Muskie, but what talks more than doublespeak is a record. I have opposed Vietnam seven years ago while politicians in Washington were cowering in fear. With the bungling of peace talks, we continue in this war that President Nixon wishes to continue, and Senator Muskie, beholden to Washington, started. As soon as I am President I will call for a full withdraw of troops for Vietnam and an end to these quagmire foreign adventures once and for all."

January 25th, 1972:
Barnstorming in Tampa, Florida
Fundraising in Tampa, Florida
Meet and Greet in Sarasota, Florida

January 26th, 1972:
Town Hall in Douglas, Arizona
Town Hall in Tombstone, Arizona
Meet and Greet in Sierra Vista, Arizona
Meet and Greet in Green Valley, Arizona

"Crime in this country is on the rise, and we need a leader who has stood up to rampant crime. I have walked the streets of New York City, because I believed we need our streets to be safe. I put more cops on the streets, and I put into place measures that controlled the flow of Guns. I believe that combination will make sure families can feel safe outside and inside their home."

January 27th:
Barnstorming in Tuscon, Arizona
Town Hall in Ajo, Arizona
Town Hall in Yuma, Arizona

January 28th:
GOTV in Phoenix, Arizona
GOTV in Mesa, Arizona
GOTV in Casa Grande, Arizona

January 29th:
GOTV in Tuscon, Arizona
GOTV in Mesa, Arizona
GOTV in Phoenix, Arizona

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 11:00:11 PM »

John Lindsay 1972 Ad:
This ad airs in Arizona, Florida, Illinois, and Wisconsin

"When there was a riot in the New York prisons, and there were hostages, John Lindsay didn't send in troops, he went in himself, and no prisoner or hostage was killed. Lindsay fought for halffare transit and housing for seniors, free university education for every high school graduate, white or black, 4000 more police officers on the streets, and cleaner air for the first time, and he won those battles. After six years on the second toughest job in the United States, he's ready for the toughest."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 11:34:21 PM »

Lindsay Statement on the death of Senator Carl Hayden
"Senator Carl Hayden's death has brought sadness to all of Arizona, and to the rest of the United States. I feel for his family, friends, and coworkers. While he had a reputation for silence, he spoke up loudly for the people of Arizona, and his legacy as a fighter for the people will live on beyond his death."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 10:28:08 AM »

Yessir, I still need to do the endorsement schedule.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2015, 04:26:00 PM »

Mayor Lindsay Victory Speech

"Tonight, the citizens of Arizona spoke loud and clear: We need a fighter in Washington! For to long, Washington has pushed a President onto America, but tonight, America is sending a message that we won't accept their nominee. I give a thanks to Arizona voters, and a thanks to my opponents in this contest for giving us a contest of ideas rather than a contest of rhetoric. To voters in the upcoming states, I promise you - voting for John Lindsay in 1972 will send a message to the power brokers that Americans want to send a President to Washington to change the status quo, to end the wars, and to instead fight for the people of this country."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 05:57:18 PM »

John Lindsay files for the Illinois primary.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 08:55:52 PM »

John Lindsay Debate Performance

Introduction:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Question 1:

Question 2:

Question 3:

Question 4:

Conclusion:
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 10:26:59 PM »

John Lindsay '72 Schedule (Round 5, Part 1): January 30th - February 6th, 1972

"The wealthy get tax breaks under the Nixon administration, and those breaks are on the backs of everyone, including seniors. We don't do nearly enough for seniors, and when we do something, they get something taken away because of the concerns of Washington insiders. As we finally expanded social security, funding for Medicaid suffered. We need to expand our coverage of seniors, because as a society we owe them that much."

January 30th:
Meet and Greet in Pensacola, Florida
Meet and Greet in Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Meet and Greet in Panama City, Florida

February 1st:
Opening office in Tallahassee, Florida
Barnstorming in Tallahassee, Florida
Meet and Greet in Perry, Florida

February 2nd:
Fundraising in Jacksonville, Florida
Opening office in Jacksonville, Florida
Meet and Greet in St. Augustine, Florida

"I welcome Senator Fred Harris to the race. I know he has been a strong progressive in the Senate, and I believe his voice will be on the right side on most of the issues we face. However, the race has too many voices from Washington: Senators that have spoken up boldly, but have had little effect on the way things are. As mayor of New York City, I didn't have time to give long, ponderous speeches on the Senate floor about the problems we face as a nation, I only had time to fight for solutions. Under my tenure as New York Mayor, we put more cops on the streets, because crime was running rampart, I gave half-fare transportation for seniors, because they've earned it, and I've lowered pollution by 30%, because our lives were on the line. I'm the only candidate who has governed over such a large, diverse segment of people."

February 3rd:
Barnstorming in Daytona Beach, Florida
Town Hall in Port Orange, Florida

February 4th:
Opening office in Orlando, Florida
Town Hall in Dade City, Florida
Meet and Greet in Clearwater, Florida

February 5th:
Fundraising in Tampa, Florida
Barnstorming in St. Petersburg, Florida

"President Nixon's adventure to China is emblematic of the disconnect the President has with the American people. We face an inflationary crisis, the peace talks are getting worse and worse, crime is running rampant, and our President is shaking hands with Mao ZeDong. A President needs to have their priorities straight. They need to be strong, and they need to fix the problems domestically before getting out into foreign entanglements. A large chunk of Americans are struggling to get by - they aren't helped by the Nixon-Kissinger foreign policy."

February 6th:
Meet and Greet in Sarasota, Florida
Meet and Greet in Arcada, Florida
Meet and Greet in Port Charlotte, Florida
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 05:25:46 PM »

John Lindsay '72 Schedule (Round 5, Part 2): February 7th-13th, 1972

"It's not enough to desegregate busing in America. We have to make sure economic and educational opportunities are abound for blacks and whites. That's why, as Mayor of New York, I gave a college guarantee for anyone who graduates high school, expanded job training for whites and blacks, and I will continue my efforts to fight for those opportunities in the White House."

February 7th:
Meet and Greet in Cape Coral, Florida
Meet and Greet in Fort Meyers, Florida
Town Hall in Naples, Florida

February 8th:
Meet and Greet in Naples, Florida
Meet and Greet in Marco, Florida
Meet and Greet in Coral Gables, Florida

February 9th:
Barnstorming in Miami, Florida
Fundraising in Miami, Florida
Opening office in Miami, Florida

February 10th:
Town Hall in Miami Beach, Florida
Barnstorming in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Town Hall in West Palm Beach, Florida

February 11th:
Barnstorming in Columbia, South Carolina
Meeting with South Carolina Black Caucus in Columbia, South Carolina
Town Hall in Orangeburg, South Carolina

February 12th:
Town Hall in Walterboro, South Carolina
Barnstorming in Charleston, South Carolina
Town Hall in Georgetown, South Carolina
Town Hall in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

February 13th:
Town Hall in Evansville, Indiana
Town Hall in New Albany, Indiana
Town Hall in Bloomington, Indiana
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 10:41:30 PM »

John Lindsay '72 Schedule (Round 5, Part 3): February 14th-22nd, 1972

"While millionaires and billionaires thrive under Nixon's administration, poorer Americans are having a worsening situation, as inflation destroys their standard of living. As Nixon sends more troops into Vietnam and butchers the peace talks, less dollars go to hospitals, education, and services that allow help the poor. With friends like that, you don't need enemies. As President, I will not spend my time focusing on a failed foreign agenda. I would spending my time building up America's infrastructure, lifting Americans out of poverty, and giving America's cities the tools to fight crime."

February 14th:
Barnstorming in Indianapolis, Indiana
Fundraising in Indianapolis, Indiana
Meet and Greet in Lafayette, Indiana

February 15th:
Barnstorming in Gary, Indiana
Town Hall in Michigan City, Indiana
Barnstorming in South Bend, Indiana

February 16th:
Barnstorming in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Barnstorming in Lansing, Michigan
Meeting with Legislature in Lansing, Michigan
Meet and Greet in Ann Arbor, Michigan

February 17th:
Barnstorming in Detroit, Michigan
Fundraising in Detroit, Michigan
Meet and Greet in Warren, Michigan

February 18th:
Meet and Greet in Kenosha, Wisconsin
Meet and Greet in Racine, Wisconsin
Meet and Greet in Waukesha, Wisconsin

February 19th:
Barnstorming in Miluwakee, Wisconsin
Fundraising in Miluwakee, Wisconsin
Town Hall in Jainesville, Wisconsin

February 20th:
Barnstorming in Madison, Wisconsin
Town Hall in Portage, Wisconsin
Town Hall in Fort Du Lac, Wisconsin

February 21st:
Meeting large donors in Chicago, Illinois

February 22nd:
Meet and Greet in Waukegan, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Rockford, Illinois
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 08:49:43 PM »

John Lindsay '72 Schedule (Round 5, Part 4): February 23rd-28th, 1972

February 23rd:
Barnstorming in De Kalb, Illinois
Town Hall in Aurora, Illinois
Town Hall in Mendota, Illinois

February 24th:
Town Hall in Rock Island, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Kewanee, Illinois
Town Hall in Galesburg, Illinois

February 25th:
Barnstorming in Peoria, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Normal, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Bloomington, Illinois

February 26th:
Town Hall in Champaign, Illinois
Town Hall in Decator, Illinois
Barnstorming in Springfield, Illinois

February 27th:
Meeting with State Democrat leaders in Springfield, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Taylorville, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Carlinvillee, Illinois

February 28th:
Meet and Greet in Litchfield, Illinois
Town Hall in Alton, Illinois
Town Hall in East St. Louis, Illinois
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 09:43:39 PM »

A Fighter, not a Promise - Radio Ad

Narrator: There are many Senators running for the Presidency of the United States, and they all sound the same - promising, but with no record of solving problems. John Lindsay is different - he's been New York City's mayor for 6 years and has fought for every accomplishment. And he's gotten a lot done - half-fare transit for thousands of seniors, free college education for whites and blacks, the first massive reduction in pollution ever. In your primary, vote John Lindsay, for a fighter, not a promise.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2015, 05:51:37 PM »

John Lindsay '72 Schedule - March 1st - 7th, 1972

"Senator Muskie was a good Governor of Maine, I won't begrudge him that. The problem Senator Muskie has is he has become a creature of Washington. Rather than stand and fight for the needs of everyday people, he has succumbed to the Washington bureaucrat echo chamber, which accomplishes nothing but talk and vague ideas. Muskie was wrong on Vietnam, and though he knows it now, he knew it too late. I opposed Vietnam seven years ago, while most politicians were hiding in fear. I won't be grandstanding on these issues - I'll be too busy fighting to solve them!"

March 1st, 1972:
Meet and Greet in Chester, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Carbondale, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Marion, Illinois

March 2nd, 1972:
Meet and Greet in Cairo, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Metropolis, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Benton, Illinois

Voter: "Senator Fred Harris remarked that you can't relate to rural voters. Do you have a response for the candidate?"

Lindsay: "I have a lot of respect for Senator Harris, in particular his fight for ordinary people. What I have to say to that is there is a nugget of truth in there - I've been Mayor of New York City, the largest city in the country. I haven't dealt as much in the suburban and rural. However, traveling this great country of ours, I've learned that the aspirations of people, wherever they are, aren't too different. Every American wants good healthcare, an ability to provide for their families, and for their children to grow up better than they did. I will work for an America that puts those things forward as priorities, not the special interests that control Washington."

March 3rd, 1972:
Town Hall in Olney, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Paris, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Watsekee, Illinois

March 4th: 1972:
Opening another office in Chicago, Illinois

March 5th, 1972:
Meeting with State Democrats in Tallahassee, Florida
Fundraising in Tallahassee, Florida
Meet and Greet in Live Oak, Florida

"Democrats need someone who won't just win, but win because they stood besides selfish pride. Senator Edmund Muskie has run a campaign by solely running on his own machine, his own supposed electability. How can you win a general election if you can't even win over your own party! I stand today to tell you that I am the most electable candidate, not because I tout my Washington connections, but because I've fought hard for the people of New York City, and I'll bring that fight into the ring with Richard Nixon, and if elected, bring that fight hard in the Presidency. Thank you."

March 6th, 1972:
Town Hall in Gainesville, Florida
Town Hall in Ocela, Florida

March 7th, 1972:
Barnstorming in Palm Coast, Florida
Barnstomring in Jacksonville, Florida
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 06:11:06 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2015, 06:18:36 PM by Maxwell »

John Lindsay - Florida Busing Straw Poll

Quote from: Restricted

Quote from: Restricted
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2015, 01:00:48 PM »

May this turn's deadline be extended to midnight tonight?

I concur.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2015, 05:07:09 PM »

March 8th-14th - Frontrunner Lindsay!

"With our campaign ahead in the polls, it's clear that Washington hears us. They just don't want to respond! The voices of men, women, and children, white, black, hispanic all are calling for an end to the Washington echo-chamber and a beginning of the right priorities for our country. I've been fighting for the people my whole career and I won't stop when we win this primary and send a President to Washington, not the other way around!"

March 8th:
Town Hall in Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Town Hall in St. Augestine, Florida

March 9th:
Meet and Greet in Leesburg, Florida

March 10th:
Fundraising in Orlando, Florida
Town Hall in Haines City, Florida
Town Hall in Barlow, Florida

"Seniors in this country have it hard enough as it is. Washington Bureacrats, every time seniors finally get the benefits they need, they cut other benefits in the name of 'restraint'. With friends like that, you don't need enemies. In New York, I expanded housing for senior citizens, and I will work for Seniors and expand Social Security and Medicare as President."

March 11th:
Fundraising in Tampa, florida
Barnstorming in St. Petersburg, Florida

March 12th:
Meet and Greet in Clearwater, Florida
Meet and Greet in Largo, Florida
Meet and Greet in Englewood, Florida

"Senator Muskie has changed his message - he's gone from sounding like the frontrunner to the sounding like the fighting challenger. Only problem: he's been a part of the Washington echo-chamber for years. Edmund Muskie has not stood for the working class, he has not stood for the families of those in Vietnam, he has stood for the Washington political class. And the truth is, the Senators in this race all have one thing in common - they have made their voices heard, but have done nothing of substance on the issues. As President, I will bring our troops home immediately, I will put forward progarms that benefit middle Americans rather than upper class, and I will fight for a fair and reasonable wage. And I've been Mayor of New York, so I know how to fight. *audience laughs*"

March 13th:
Town Hall in Port Charlotte, Florida
Town Hall in Fort Meyers, Florida
Town Hall in Cape Corai, Florida

"Today is your final day. It's time to head to the ballot box to make your voice heard. President Nixon doesn't want to face me. He doesn't want to face someone who has stood up for the people in the second toughest job in the country. He doesn't want to face someone who has given educational oppurutunities to students white and black, given seniors the right to live as they deserve, and has stood courageously against Vietnam while other politicians cowered in fear. In the Florida primary, cast your ballot for the electors for John Lindsay, and we'll really give Richard Nixon hell!"

March 14th:
GOTV in the Miami-Miami Beach Area, Florida
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies