Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:42:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 108797 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: July 28, 2015, 04:11:58 AM »
« edited: July 28, 2015, 04:21:17 AM by Leinad, Southern Legislator »

Senator Mike Gravel (D-AK) Announces his Candidacy for President!

January 2nd, 1972
Manchester, New Hampshire

Sen. Mike Gravel made a speech to a crowd in Manchester today, starting his somewhat surprise campaign for the Presidency.

"I grew up in New England. In fact, just across the state line in Massachusetts. The son of French-Canadian immigrants, I learned the importance of work from my dad. I put that to use, as I worked several jobs before entering politics. When I moved to what was then the Alaska territory, I had no money and no job, but was able to become a real estate agent. These experiences have taught me the value of work and money. I enlisted in the military, in the counterintelligence corps, so I understand foreign policy as well.

"I've always stood for rule by the people, for the people. For democracy. Before I was in any office, I campaigned for Alaskan statehood, because the people deserve to be represented. When I was in the state legislature, I help create the state commission for human rights, and a regional high school system for rural Alaskan natives, because the people deserve their rights, and the people deserve education. When I was in the senate, I stood against the needless war in Vietnam, and I put into the record the government's secret actions--omitting parts that would compromise security--because the people deserve to know what their government is doing, and the people deserve peace.

"We need a president who will stand for the people. Who aren't afraid to go against their party, or make their colleagues angry, if it's the right thing to do. The current president has ran an administration on broken promises, and I'm running for president, because the people deserve better."

Gravel For President Campaign Staff

Campaign Manager: Bettye Fahrenkamp
Political Consultant: Joseph Napolitan
Media Strategist: Dick Maynard*
Director of Grassroots Outreach: Murray Mathers*
Director of Fundraising: Jack Greenwich*
Lawyer: Roger Morrison*

*I totally made these people up.

Gravel Schedule

January 2nd
Campaign Announcement Speech in Manchester, NH
Barnstorming in Concord, NH
Filing for New Hampshire Primary
Setting up New Hampshire HQ

January 3rd
Fundraiser in Boston, MA
Barnstorming in Derry, NH
Barnstorming in Rochester, NH
Barnstorming in Nashua, NH

"Other candidates may talk the talk, but I've walked the walk in Alaska, and in Washington. I've lived the American dream, and remain committed to giving as many Americans as possible that opportunity. I stand for education, healthcare, individual liberty for all, and foreign policy that doesn't go to war unless it's the only option left."

January 4th
Fly to Tallahassee, FL
Filing for Florida Primary
Barnstorming in Tallahassee, FL
Setting up Florida HQ

January 5th
Barnstorming in Jacksonville, FL
Barnstorming in Orlando, FL
Barnstorming in St. Petersburg, FL
Townhall in Tampa, FL

"Yes, I've heard what Congressman Schmitz has had to say, and I don't think it's worth responding to. Many young Americans are dying in a needless war, street violence is rampant, many Americans are impoverished, many are without healthcare--I'm sorry, but I won't take time to remark on a candidate who I'm not yet running against, and doesn't even have a realistic shot at winning! My job is to ensure that the government is properly serving the people, not to comment on someone else's incoherent ramblings."

January 6th
Fly to Ceder Rapids, IA
Barnstorming in Cedar Rapids, IA
Setting up Iowa HQ
Barnstorming in Des Moines, IA

"I think that the best way to reduce violence and unrest is to look at the root causes of the problems. And things would also improve if we helped the economy, by replacing the income tax with a progressive sales tax, and if we instituted a universal healthcare program, because all people have the right to healthcare."

January 7th
Fly to Tuscon, AZ
Barnstorming in Tuscon, AZ
Barnstorming in Mesa, AZ
Setting up Iowa HQ
Townhall in Phoenix, AZ

"Yes, I've heard what Shirley Chisholm has done, and I'm glad! I'm a supporter of equal rights, so to see not only a black person running, but a woman as well, is a positive sight for us all. I think that we deserve a president who will help guide America to becoming a land of opportunity for all people, and I would certainly be that president."

January 8th
Fly to Washington, DC
Congressional duties as United States Senator

Endorsements

Senator Abraham Ribicoff

"Mike is a senator committed to progressive ideals, but also grounded in sensible and responsible governance. He's stood for the people and against Washington's failed policies, so I'll stand with Mike Gravel for President!"

Noam Chomsky

"Senator Gravel is opposed to dictatorship of either the government or of business, and he's opposed to the pointless waste of life in Vietnam. America will be improved greatly with Mike Gravel in the White House."
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 12:27:26 AM »

New Mike Gravel Endorsers!

Ambassador Sargent Shriver (D-MD)

"Mike Gravel is a Senator who stands for the people, and that's what we need. As former Director of the Peace Corps, I know what it takes to help our nation to the peace it deserves, and so does Senator Gravel."

Governor William A. Egan (D-AK)

"I know Mike Gravel. I knew him when he was in the State Legislature, and I know that he's not afraid to rub elites the wrong way in order to advance the cause of the people. We need a president who can do that, and I know Mike Gravel will be that president."

Ambassador Raul Hector Castro (D-AZ)

"I'm an immigrant to America. I moved here from Mexico, and needed to work my way to a job. Eventually, I became a lawyer, and then an ambassador. I understand the value of hard work, and I understand the American dream. So does Mike Gravel."
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 11:58:42 PM »

Mike Gravel, Turn 2

January 9th
Fly to Tucson, AZ
Barnstorming in Tucson, AZ with Raul Hector Castro
Barnstorming in Sierra Vista, AZ
Barnstorming in Yuma, AZ
Barnstorming in Lake Havasu City, AZ with William A. Egan

"I heard that not everyone is too fond of my actions regarding the papers in Washington. And that's fine. This isn't a beauty contest, this is part of my long term efforts to create a more transparent, democratic government. I'm not trying to please the media, or Washington elites. I'm here to serve the people. Now, do you agree with my actions to increase government transparency? [cheers] I thought so."

January 10th
Barnstorming in Flagstaff, AZ with Abraham Ribicoff
Barnstorming in Prescott, AZ
Barnstorming in Casa Grande, AZ
Fundraising in Phoenix, AZ

January 11th
Barnstorming in Mesa, AZ
Barnstorming in Chandler, AZ
Barnstorming in Glendale, AZ with Raul Hector Castro
Townhall in Scottsdale, AZ

"I'm saddened by the riots in Louisiana. Yes, we need to bring wrongdoers to justice, but we also need to find the roots of our problems, and solve those. We live in a time of turmoil in this nation, a time of division, and a time of anger. This is not the time for partisan politics, like we've seen under the current administration. This is a time for politics based on unity, equality, liberty, and hope for a better America. If I'm elected President, I will be committed to peace, both at home, and abroad."

January 12th
Fly to Orlando, FL
Barnstorming in Orlando, FL with Sargent Shriver
Barnstorming in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Fundraising in Miami, FL
Barnstorming in Miami, FL

January 13th
Fly to Manchester, NH
Barnstorming in Manchester, NH with Noam Chomsky
Barnstorming in Laconia, NH
Barnstorming in Conway, NH

January 14th
Barnstorming in Berlin, NH
Barnstorming in Lebanon, NH
Barnstorming in Claremont, NH
Barnstorming in Keene, NH with Sargent Shriver

"I've visited all 9 counties in New Hampshire, because I think that to be president, you need to talk to people all across the nation. I'm running a grassroots campaign, because the people are those who decide who gets to be president--not the donors, not the lobbyists, and not the current elected officials in Washington. Being president is about being the leader of all Americans--no matter the race, gender, religion, or political affiliation--and giving them the power over their own lives and their own government."

January 15th
Fundraising in Manchester, NH
Speech in Boston, MA for Massachusetts Rad/Lib Caucus:

"The war is a failure. All wars not necessary to defend America are failures. Wastes of money, and more importantly, wastes of lives.

"The foreign policy of this nation has been frankly disasterous. This is a war that we should never have gone to, and many details have been hidden from the American people who the government is elected by, and who it's their duty to serve. Of course communism isn't the way, but I believe that because it isn't the way, it will defeat itself--without our imperialistic military intervention!

"I'm a candidate that has consistently stood against our involvement in South Asia. I've helped lead the charge against this needless war, by leading the charge against the draft, and it was me who helped release the details of this war to the people who deserve to know.

"If I'm elected president, we will leave Vietnam! If I'm elected president, we will never go to war unless it's the only option left! War is not a political tool, and trying to end communism is not worth American lives!"
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 03:44:26 AM »

Gravel for President New Grassroots Outreach Offices:

Offices will be open in:

Phoenix, AZ on January 9th.
Tucson, AZ on January 10th.
Flagstaff, AZ on January 10th.
Des Moines, IA on January 11th.
Orlando, FL on January 12th.
Miami, FL on January 12th.
Jacksonville, FL on January 13th.
Manchester, NH on January 13th.
Lebanon, NH on January 14th.
Dover, NH on January 14th.
Chicago, IL on January 15th.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 06:23:23 AM »

Gravel For President TV Ad:

Narrator: Lots of candidates talk a good game, but Senator Mike Gravel has a proven record of standing for the people, and against the Washington establishment. He stood against the draft in order to oppose the needless war in Vietnam, and when others wouldn't, he let the people know the details of just what their government had done. Mike Gravel stands for peace. And true to his party's name, Mike Gravel stands for democracy. Mike Gravel stands for America.

Gravel: Hello, I'm Mike Gravel, Senator from Alaska and Democratic candidate for President. I approve this message, and I'd love to have your support in the upcoming primaries and caucuses.

Runs in: Arizona, New Hampshire, Florida, Illinois.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 06:26:36 AM »

Yortymentum!

Keep up the excellent work here, Lumine. You're a great host.

Completely agree, although I think "Mikementum" sounds better.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 08:38:11 PM »

New Gravel Endorsers

House Majority Whip Tip O'Neill (D-MA)

"Senator Gravel has consistently stood in opposition of the needless intervention in Vietnam, and in his relatively short time in Washington he's done as much if not more than other candidates who have been here for several years. I trust him to provide the same no-nonsense leadership in the White House."

Senator Frank Church (D-ID)

"Mike isn't always the most popular Senator, but I think that's a good thing. He cares more about fixing the nation's problems than getting invited to parties. The system is flawed, but Mike's just the guy who can solve our problems."

Former Manchester Mayor Roland Vallee (D-NH)

"I met Mike Gravel in a campaign event a couple weeks ago in Manchester, and he immediately impressed me. I can tell he cares about the people, and he knows what the government really needs to do to help this nation achieve it's potential."

Congresswoman Patsy Mink (D-HI)

"Senator Gravel is a candidate who stands for equal rights for all, and an end to the war in Vietnam. This is what we need in America, and we need a president who understands that. My hope is that Mike Gravel will be that president."

Mink will be the chair of the Gravel campaign's Women's Outreach Committee.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 04:29:34 AM »

Mike Gravel, Turn 3

January 16th
Fly to Chicago, IL
Fundraising in Chicago
Speech in Chicago

"This is one of the biggest reasons why we shouldn't be at war in Vietnam: we already at war here at home. Today's youth feel neglected, and the crime rate is on the rise. We need to focus on the real concerns, not this obsessive crusade against communism."

Fly to Phoenix, AZ

January 17th
Barnstorming in Phoenix, AZ
Barnstorming in Flagstaff, AZ
Meet and greet in Scottsdale, AZ

January 18th
Barnstorming in Tuscon, AZ
Fundraising in Tuscon, AZ
Townhall in Mesa, AZ

"I heard what Mayor Yorty had to say, and to be honest, at first I forgot he was a Democrat and not a McCarthyist Republican! His rhetoric is fear-mongering, plain and simple. We don't need a President who's 'angry as hell,' we need a President who looks past emotions to solve our problems. And we definitely don't need a President who calls people he dislikes 'pinkos.' I trust the American people can see past this playground politics of name-calling, and find a true leader, who will run a government that works for the people, not against them.

January 19th
Barnstorming in Yuma, AZ
Meet and greet in Flagstaff, AZ
Fundraising in Flagstaff, AZ

January 20th
Barnstorming in Sierra Vista, AZ
Barnstorming in Glendale, AZ

January 21st
Fly to Nashua, NH
Fundraising in Manchester, NH
Town Hall in Manchester, NH

"Yes, the Soviet Union is a threat, obviously. I'm not sure what they were doing back home in Alaska, but it's not the best of signs. We need a leader who understands the threats, and has a foreign policy committed to peace, not just going to war with whoever we don't like. I was in the counterintelligence corps in the 50s, so I understand this Cold War we're in better than most other candidates. Obviously, the first thing we need to do is leave Vietnam."

January 22nd
Fly to Miami, FL
Barnstorming in Miami, FL
Meet and greet in Orlando, FL
Fundraising in Tampa, FL

Surrogates:
Noam Chomsky will campaign in New Hampshire
Sargent Shriver will campaign in Florida
Raul Hector Castro will campaign in Arizona
Frank Church will campaign in Arizona
Roland Vallee will campaign in New Hampshire
Patsy Mink will campaign in Arizona
Abraham Ribicoff will fundraise in Connecticut
William Egan will fundraise in Alaska
Tip O'Neill will fundraise in Massachusetts
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 08:50:01 PM »

Senator Mike Gravel will participate in the Democratic primary debates.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 04:55:33 AM »

Gravel Statement on the death of Senator Hayden
"Today, we lost a great Senator, and a great man. Carl Hayden understood that the value of speech isn't how much you say, but what you say. And he also understood that the purpose of government is to serve it's people, and that's what he did for a record 56 years. I entered the Senate when we left, but I still know what kind of person he was, and he was the kind of person that America needs. My condolences go out to his family and friends for their loss."
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 03:54:45 AM »

New Gravel Endorsers

Governor Patrick Lucey (D-WI)

"Sometimes it's not about doing what's easy, but about doing what's best for the American people. Mike Gravel understands this, so I support his candidacy for president."

Governor Wendell Anderson (DFL-MN)

"I hear people saying that Senator Gravel isn't electable, but I think standing for democratic principles is a winning message. I was part of the silver medalist hockey team back in '56, and I believe Mike Gravel can win the gold this year!"

Governor John C. West (D-SC)

"I'm an advocate for social change, and Mike Gravel is the best candidate to help the poor, because when he moved to Alaska, he himself had no job and no money. Politicians need to understand the people, and Gravel understands the people better than anyone else in this election."
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 12:10:44 AM »
« Edited: August 08, 2015, 12:13:18 AM by Leinad, Southern Legislator »

Mike Gravel Schedule

January 23rd
Fly to Phoenix, AZ
Meet and Greet in Mesa, AZ
Townhall in Phoenix, AZ

"Mayor Yorty is 0 for 2 in his recent comments. I didn't say anything about before he called me, and the rest of the candidates, "pinkos," a reckless assertion. Likewise, he's wrong about me putting national security at risk, as I intentionally left out any compromising portions of the papers. I believe in honest government; with me as President, the government wouldn't tolerate needless wars behind it's peoples backs."

January 24th
Barnstorming in Surprise, AZ
Barnstorming in Tempe, AZ
Townhall in Peoria, AZ

"Well, Nixon has been doing some things to end the war, but obviously not enough! If he really wanted the war to end, he would've kept his promise and ended the draft. I tried harder than anyone else in the senate to end the draft, but unfortunately it wasn't enough. That's why I'm running for President, so this nation can be led by someone who will really do what it takes to end the war."

January 25th
Barnstorming in Apache Junction, AZ
Meet and Greet in Sierra Vista, AZ
Barnstorming in Oro Valley, AZ
Barnstorming in Marana, AZ

January 26th
Meet and Greet in Yuma, AZ
Barnstorming in Bullhead City, AZ
Fundraising in Flagstaff, AZ

"The current system isn't working. We need to respond to domestic affairs with positivity, not anger, and we need to respond to foreign affairs by getting the hell out of Vietnam, and ensuring nothing like it happens ever again. It's my hope that we can start that journey this week, here in Arizona, and all the way to Washington D.C.!"

January 27th
GOTV in St. Johns, AZ
GOTV in Holbrook, AZ
GOTV in Casa Grande, AZ
GOTV in Prescott, AZ

January 28th
GOTV in Yuma, AZ
GOTV in Lake Havasu City, AZ
GOTV in Sierra Vista, AZ
GOTV in Flagstaff, AZ

January 29th
GOTV in Tuscon, AZ
GOTV in Mesa, AZ
GOTV in Phoenix, AZ
Caucus Night Rally in Phoenix, AZ

Surrogates
Noam Chomsky will campaign in Florida
Sargent Shriver will campaign in Arizona
Raul Hector Castro will campaign in Arizona
Frank Church will campaign in Arizona
Patsy Mink will campaign in Arizona
Abraham Ribicoff will campaign in Arizona
William Egan will campaign in Arizona
Tip O'Neill will campaign in Arizona
Patrick Lucey will fundraise in Wisconsin
Wendell Anderson will fundraise in Minnesota
John C. West will fundraise in South Carolina
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 12:12:13 AM »

Gravel Campaign Poster

To run in Arizona.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2015, 12:15:39 AM »

Sorry for my tardiness, I've had a few problems in real life. It's not too late, is it?

And thanks again to Lumine for doing this, it's not only quite fun but a great way to brush up on my 70s US political history.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 10:10:34 PM »

I'll have my stuff up in the next 30 minutes or so. Sorry for the delay!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 11:18:53 PM »

Mike Gravel Debate Answers

Intro: "Thank you for holding this debate! There are many important questions facing this nation, and I'm eager to answer them."

#1 (busing): "Well, it's not perfect, but I think it's a measure that needs to be taken. But it isn't the only thing we should be doing. I'm a firm believer in equal rights, and I believe that we can't take equal rights slowly. If elected President, I will make equal rights a priority. We need to give more opportunities to blacks, and encourage equality from the bottom-up."

#2 (draft amnesty): "Well, I don't think the draft should exist, so why should we put people in jail when the "laws" they break are unjust? One of the first things I'll do is end the draft--as I've already tried to do in the senate. After that we could discuss exactly what to do with draft dodgers."

#3 (nominee support): "I will support the nominee if they support ending the Vietnam War, and providing the true change we need. Some people in this race aren't that different to the Republicans, so what would the point be in supporting them?"

#4 (Vietnam): "Well, we need to leave Vietnam. It was a war we never should've been in. How is my record different? Well, that's easy, I fought hard on the Senate floor to end the draft, harder than anyone else here. And without compromising national security, I let the people know just how bad this war has been. I'm the most anti-war candidate in the race, and my record proves it. It's not just talk, I've taken action, and will continue to take action as President."

Closing statement: "Ladies and gentlemen, there are several good candidates in this election. But only one candidate has a proven record of standing against the war, and for the people. I hope you will all consider voting for me in the upcoming primaries and caucuses, thank you."
[/quote]

New Mike Gravel Endorsers

Congressman Ralph Metcalfe (D-IL)

"When Shirley Chisholm dropped out, I was disappointed, until I realized that Mike Gravel has the same progressive views and isn't afraid of enacting them. Not only that, but he will get us out of Vietnam, something that should've been done a long time ago."

Metcalfe will chair the Gravel Campaign's Black Outreach Committee

Actor Larry Hagman

"I'm an actor, so I know the real deal from a fake, and Senator Gravel is the real deal. When he talks about peace, he means it. Unless we, I don't know, find a genie in a bottle, electing Mike Gravel as President would be the best way to put our nation back on track."

Governor Robert Docking (D-K)

"As Governor of Kansas, I know what it takes to lead something. Mike Gravel has never been a governor, or even a mayor, but after just one meeting with him I know he has what it takes to lead, and that's what this country needs in the White House."
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 11:23:42 PM »

Mike Gravel Schedule

February 1st
Barnstorming in Chicago, IL
Meet and Greet in Arlington Heights, IL
Barnstorming in Evanston, IL
Townhall in Chicago, IL

"Well, I think the Arizona caucus sent a message. No one expected me to come in third, beating both Muskie and McGovern, but I did. The people have decided that the establishment favorite was inadequate, and prefered me to him, despite my lower name recognition and tenure. That says a lot about my message that we need to end the war, which is backed up by my actions in the Senate to do just that. I'm the true alternative to the status quo, and the people are realizing that."

February 2nd
Barnstorming in Peoria, IL
Barnstorming in Springfield, IL
Complete the necessary steps to file for the Illinois primary.
Open a campaign office in Springfield, IL

February 3rd
Fundraising in Springfield, IL
Barnstorming in Quincy, IL
Barnstorming in Belleville, IL
Open an campaign office in Belleville, IL

February 4th
Barnstorming in Joliet, IL
Barnstorming in Elgin, IL
Meet and Greet in Rockford, IL
Barnstorming in Moline, IL

Fly to Pensacola, FL

February 5th
Barnstorming in Pensacola, FL
Barnstorming in Panama City, FL
Fundraising in Tallahassee, FL
Townhall in Tallahassee, FL

"Of course the Soviet Union is a threat, and of course communism is bad. But it's not worth sending thousands of Americans, many against their own wishes, to risk their lives to stop it. There are better ways, such as diplomacy, or just letting it fade away on it's own."

February 6th
Barnstorming in Jacksonville, FL
Barnstorming in St. Augustine, FL
Meet and Greet in Daytona Beach, FL
Barnstorming in Orlando, FL

February 7th
Barnstorming in Tampa, FL
Barnstorming in Clearwater, FL
Fundraising in St. Petersburg, FL
Barnstorming in Bradenton, FL

Surrogates
Sargent Shriver will campaign in New Hampshire
Raul Hector Castro will fundraise in Arizona
Frank Church will campaign in Illinois
Patsy Mink will campaign in Florida
Abraham Ribicoff will campaign in New Hampshire
William Egan will campaign in Florida
Tip O'Neill will campaign in Illinois
Patrick Lucey will campaign in Illinois
Wendell Anderson will campaign in Florida
John C. West will campaign in Florida
Ralph Metcalfe will campaign in Illinois
Larry Hagman will fundraise in California
Robert Docking will fundraise in Kansas

February 8th
Barnstorming in Naples, FL
Meet and Greet in Miami, FL
Townhall in Miami, FL

"No, I don't think Mayor Lindsay is the frontrunner. With all due respect, his record in New York isn't all he's cracked it up to be. I've heard many people from their talk about how unpopular he is. Is this really the leader we want? I think we need someone who's already proven at the national level."

Fly to Manchester, NH

February 9th
Fundraiser in Manchester, NH
Barnstorming in Raymond, NH
Barnstorming in Durham, NH
Barnstorming in Dover, NH

February 10th
Barnstorming in Rochester, NH
Barnstorming in Berlin, NH
Meet and Greet in Bethlehem, NH

February 11st
Barnstorming in Lincoln, NH
Townhall in Danbury, NH
Barnstorming in Keene, NH
Townhall in Walpole, NH

February 12nd
Barnstorming in Hillsboro, NH
Barnstorming in Bennington, NH
Barnstorming in Peterborough, NH
Barnstorming in Jaffrey, NH

Fly to Chicago, IL

February 13rd
Barnstorming in Cicero, IL
Barnstorming in Schaumburg, IL
Barnstorming in Waukegan, IL

February 14th
Meet and Greet in Chicago, IL
Barnstorming in Naperville, IL
Barnstorming in Aurora, IL
Townhall in Rockford, IL

"I'm a big believer in equal rights for all. While I'm generally in favor of personal freedom, I think the government certainly plays a role in something so important as civil rights. It's not something that can wait, or that we need to take slow, it's something we need to ensure happens soon, because it's what everyone deserves."

Surrogates
Noam Chomsky will campaign in Illinois
Raul Hector Castro will campaign in Florida
Frank Church will fundraise in Idaho
Patsy Mink will campaign in New Hampshire
Abraham Ribicoff will campaign in Illinois
William Egan will fundraise in New York
Tip O'Neill will campaign in New Hampshire
Patrick Lucey will campaign in Florida
Wendell Anderson will campaign in Illinois
Larry Hagman will campaign in New Hampshire
Robert Docking will campaign in Florida

February 15th
Barnstorming in Champaign, IL
Fundraiser in Champaign, IL
Barnstorming in Decatur, IL
Barnstorming in Bloomington, IL

February 16th
Townhall in Moline, IL
Barnstorming in Belleville, IL

February 17th
Fly to Minneapolis, MN
Open a campaign office in Minneapolis, MN
Barnstorming in Minneapolis, MN

February 18th
Barnstorming in St. Paul, MN
Fundraiser in Minneapolis, MN
Meet and Greet in Minneapolis, MN

February 19th
Fly to Columbus, SC
Open a campaign office in Columbus, SC
Barnstorming in Columbus, SC

February 20th
Barnstorming in Charleston, SC
Barnstorming in Greenville, SC
Townhall in Rock Hill, SC

"I'm running a national campaign, yes. I think that's what's necessary to win, and my goal is, obviously, to win. I'm not as well-known or as well-funded as some others, but I'm interested in hearing what everyone thinks about the future of this country."

Fly to Miami, FL

February 21st
Fundraising in Miami, FL
Meet and Greet in Hollywood, FL
Barnstorming in Boca Raton, FL

Surrogates
Sargent Shriver will fundraise in Maryland
Raul Hector Castro will campaign in Illinois
Frank Church will campaign in Florida
William Egan will campaign in Illinois
Tip O'Neill will campaign in Florida
Patrick Lucey will campaign in Illinois
Wendell Anderson will campaign in Illinois
Larry Hagman will campaign in Florida
Robert Docking will campaign in Illinois

February 22nd
Barnstorming in Jupiter, FL
Barnstorming in Sebastian, FL
Barnstorming in Melbourne, FL
Barnstorming in Kissimmee, FL

February 23rd
Fundraising in Orlando, FL
Barnstorming in Gainesville, FL
Barnstorming in Lake City, FL
Townhall in Jacksonville, FL

"Yes, I think it's a good idea for Nixon to go to China, although it's hard to say it will help much if he keeps us in Vietnam. Having an understanding of our neighbors elsewhere on the globe will benefit us, but it's important we keep the home front as the main priority, and with the war in South Asia, that's clearly not what the current administration is doing."

February 24th
Barnstorming in Tallahassee, FL
Barnstorming in Niceville, FL
Barnstorming in Pensacola, FL

Fly to Nashua, NH

February 25th
Barnstorming in Salem, NH
Barnstorming in Hampton, NH
Barnstorming in Manchester, NH

February 26th
Barnstorming in Suncook, NH
Townhall in Concord, NH
Meet and Greet in Concord, NH
Barnstorming in Boscawen, NH

February 27th
Barnstorming in Belmont, NH
Barnstorming in Meredith, NH
Barnstorming in Plymouth, NH
Townhall in Grafton, NH

February 28th
Meet and Greet in Newport, NH
Barnstorming in Goffstown, NH
Townhall in Manchester, NH
Fundraising in Boston, MA

Surrogates
Noam Chomsky will campaign in Florida
Raul Hector Castro will campaign in New Hampshire
Frank Church will campaign in campaign in New Hampshire
Roland Vallee will fundraise in New Hampshire
Patsy Mink will campaign in Illinois
Abraham Ribicoff will campaign in Florida
Patrick Lucey will fundraise in Wisconsin
Wendell Anderson will campaign in Minnesota
John C. West will campaign in South Carolina
Larry Hagman will campaign in Illinois
Robert Docking will fundraise in Kansas

Phew...
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 10:01:20 PM »

Hey, I've been really busy with work, can I get an extension?

Sure, tomorrow night is the final date, then we will get New Hampshire results.

Phew, thanks from me as well!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 12:52:38 AM »

March 1
GOTV in Raymond, NH
GOTV in Conway, NH
GOTV in Somersworth, NH
GOTV in Amherst, NH
GOTV in Hanover, NH

March 2
GOTV in Durham, NH
GOTV in Laconia, NH
GOTV in Pelham, NH
GOTV in Exeter, NH
GOTV in Hooksett, NH

March 3
GOTV in Merrimack, NH
GOTV in Rochester, NH
GOTV in Hudson, NH
GOTV in Concord, NH
GOTV in Salem, NH

March 4
GOTV in Plaistow, NH
GOTV in Atkinson, NH
GOTV in Pembroke, NH
GOTV in Alton, NH
GOTV in Hollis, NH

March 5
GOTV in Swanton, NH
GOTV in Weare, NH
GOTV in Swanzey, NH
GOTV in Berlin, NH
GOTV in Newmarket, NH

March 6
GOTV in Bedford, NH
GOTV in Keene, NH
GOTV in Londonderry, NH
GOTV in Portsmouth, NH
GOTV in Goffstown, NH

March 7
GOTV in Derry, NH
GOTV in Dover, NH
GOTV in Nashua, NH
GOTV in Manchester, NH
Election Night Rally in Manchester, NH

"We need to end the war in Vietnam, and I will do that. I'm the only candidate with a proven anti-war record. We can win this race, but every vote will be needed!"

Surrogates
Raul Hector Castro will campaign in New Hampshire
Frank Church will campaign in New Hampshire
Patsy Mink will campaign in New Hampshire
William Egan will campaign in New Hampshire
Patrick Lucey will campaign in New Hampshire
Wendell Anderson will campaign in New Hampshire
John C. West will campaign in New Hampshire
Larry Hagman will campaign in New Hampshire
Robert Docking will campaign in New Hampshire
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 11:50:25 PM »

Mike Gravel Schedule

March 8th
Barnstorming in Minneapolis, MN
Barnstorming in St. Paul, MN
Barnstorming in Rochester, MN
Townhall in Duluth, MN

Fly to Chicago, IL

March 9th
Fundraising in Chicago, IL
Townhall in Chicago, IL
Meet with Mayor Richard Daley in Chicago, IL

March 10th
Barnstorming in Aurora, IL
Barnstorming in Rockford, IL
Barnstorming in Decatur, IL
Barnstorming in Wheaton, IL

March 11th
Barnstorming in Joliet, IL
Barnstorming in Waukegan, IL

March 12th
GOTV in Jacksonville, FL and surrounding areas
GOTV in Tallahassee, FL and surrounding areas
GOTV in Gainesville, FL and surrounding areas
GOTV in Kissimmee, FL and surrounding areas

March 13th
GOTV in Tampa, FL and surrounding areas
GOTV in St. Petersburg, FL and surrounding areas
GOTV in Orlando, FL and surrounding areas
GOTV in Ft. Myers, FL and surrounding areas

March 14th
GOTV in West Palm Beach, FL and surrounding areas
GOTV in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and surrounding areas
GOTV in Miami, FL and surrounding areas
Election Night Rally in Jacksonville, FL

"Tonight is when the voters will decide. Will they decide to vote for more of the same, or will they vote for change? I'm the candidate who will get us out of Vietnam, and bring progress to America! Maybe I'm not a favorite in this state, but I'm the candidate with a record of standing against the war where it's hardest, Washington DC."

Surrogates
Noam Chomsky will campaign in Illinois
Raul Hector Castro will campaign in Florida
Frank Church will campaign in Florida
Roland Vallee will campaign in Florida
Abraham Ribicoff will campaign in Florida
Tip O'Neill will campaign in Illinois
Patrick Lucey will campaign in Wisconsin
Wendell Anderson will campaign in Minnesota