Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:07:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 108679 times)
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« on: August 09, 2015, 12:53:22 AM »

Can Fred Harris file for the Illinois primary? (Late entry into the race)
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 09:51:33 AM »

Fred Harris Presidential Announcement
Chicago, Illinois
As you, I've been watching the 1972 Democratic Primary materialize through the first few primaries. I thought that this year, there might be a candidate I'm inclined to support. However, as disappointing as it sounds, no candidate sufficiently articulates a message of economic populism to garner my early support. As my dad always said, "if you see something in this world you don't like, go fix it". Thus, I decided to fix this primary problem the only way foreseeable, by running for president. It is today that I announce my campaign for this country's highest office. No doubt, detractors will surround my every step, saying that I entered the race too late for relevancy, that my ideas are too far out. It's up to us to prove the beltway pundits wrong.

There are issues out there that have been paid lip service, but not much in the way of specifics. Race is one of these issues. From the Right, I hear a message of 'law and order'. From the center-left, I hear 'empathy'. However, these empty promises of empathy don't do much without policy to ground these ideals. I chaired the Kerner commission, which uncovered a pressing need for action to ensure equality. This means affirmative action programs, higher education reform to provide financial and admissions based opportunity to minority students, and reaching out to communities to quell anger. Part of this is ending the slaughter in Vietnam. If there's any issue that angers most Americans, it's the Vietnam war. I will bring all of our ground troops home within 110 days of my presidency and negotiate a proper peace treaty. Another galvanizing issue is the egregious restructuring of society going on under president Nixon. The rich keep getting richer, while you and I fall behind. Growing up on the Oklahoma prairie, I saw firsthand how poverty is a wretched systemic problem. During my time in DC, I've witnessed executives taking advantage of the many loopholes in our tax code to get off tax free. This is why I propose closing these loopholes for the rich and providing universal healthcare with the revenues from this plan. We must step forth and address poverty, as economic condition links us all together as brothers, black, white, asian, hispanic, or native. Universal healthcare is one step towards a better future. Another is ensuring that rural and inner city schools are properly funded and that their students have access to higher education. Next, we need to increase the minimum wage to $2.00 across the board to cover higher costs of living. It's time to act on this populist agenda.

Today, we stand at a crossroads. Four more years of Nixon, or four years of a people's candidate? Four more years of war and privilege, or four years of peace and economic justice? The choice is yours, America. Choose wisely, vote Fred Harris!!

VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 11:38:08 AM »

Senator Fred Harris Debate
It will take courage to guide this country in a new direction, away from the hatred, fear, and injustice of the Nixon administration. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

1. You're right, busing is a controversial issue indeed. While I can comprehend the tensions, I stand firmly behind the policy of busing. As I said a few years ago, we are moving in the direction of two separate societies. If we allow our children to continue in de facto segregation without busing, how will we repair frayed race relations? How will we move towards a better future? Busing is part of the big picture of general societal integration and ending racism.

2. Again, this is a very tough and contentious issue that requires examination. Half of the question is straightforward. We are obligated to end the draft, and end the war as a whole. There's absolutely no question about it. The injustice of sending our young men, our brothers, sons, and friends, off to a war overseas must not continue. On the issue of draft dodgers, I do not support full amnesty, but I understand why we must not imprison or excessively punish these young men. Those who dodged the draft should be held to paying a small fine in order to compensate for their decision.

3. The wonderful thing about the Democratic Party is how it encompasses so many wonderful ideals and values. Even within this primary, we have a wide spectrum of candidates. That being said, I find myself belonging to the populist wing of this party. While I said in my announcement that I am displeased with the lack of ideas emanating from the other candidates, I'd stand strongly behind most of them if they win the nomination. I'd back John, Mike, Eugene, and George quite enthusiastically should any of them win the nomination. Of course, by then I'm hoping the nominee would have taken a more people-focused approach. Jimmy and Ed would get my endorsement too. The only Democratic candidate I cannot pledge to endorse is Mayor Sam Yorty. Nothing against him as a person, but his politics appall me. I can not and will not endorse a demagogue who does so much to prevent progress on justice in this nation. There are breeds of thinking that, while we are a big tent party, we should not embrace.

4. I WILL end the war! Our ground troops will be home within 110 days of my inauguration. I seek to maintain a diplomatic and peacekeeping adviser presence in Vietnam until we can iron out a peace settlement. I'd like to work with the international community to draft a strong, enforceable, peace treaty. War in southeast Asia can and must be stopped. I believe the voters in this primary recognize that fact.

Concluding Statements
Courage is the buzzword of this election. I've had the courage to stand up for underrepresented groups my whole career, and I promise you, America, I will stick up for the little guy as president. Instead of wavering on the issues, we need strong positions and powerful platforms.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 11:30:40 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2015, 10:47:03 PM by vivaportugalhabs »

Fred Harris Feb 1-10 Schedule (will edit later with endorsers)

February 1
Illinois HQ opening party: Chicago, IL
Official filing for Illinois primary: Chicago, IL
Meeting voters in the West Town and Near West Side neighborhoods: Chicago, IL
Dinner with CIO unionized meatpackers: Chicago, IL

February 2
Meeting voters on the South Side: Chicago, IL
Rally in Washington Park: Chicago, IL
Talking to students on the UChicago campus

February 3
Meeting Caterpillar factory workers: Peoria, IL
Rally on the riverfront: Peoria, IL
Meeting voters in Galesburg: Galesburg, IL

February 4
Barnstorming: Moline, IL
Meeting the mayor and city council: Rock Island, IL
Dinner with the local Democratic Party: East Moline, IL
Fundraiser: Moline, IL

February 5
Barnstorming: Springfield, IL
Fundraising: Springfield, IL
Meeting and registering voters at UIllinois: Springfield, IL

"This election will really depend on the youth vote. No matter who our nominee is, we need to reach out to students and tap into your wonderful energy. We stand together in our binding ties to justice. You all have a vitality that is so badly needed to shake up the system, and what better way to do so than voting Fred Harris in the Illinois primary?"

February 6
Barnstorming: Jacksonville, IL
Meeting voters: East St. Louis, IL
Barnstorming at a factory: East St. Louis, IL
Photo-op at the Cahokia Mounds: State Park Place, IL

February 7
Rally: Carbondale, IL
Meeting voters: Marion, IL
Barnstorming: Cairo, IL
Party Dinner: Cairo, IL

February 8
Fundraiser: Paducah, KY
Barnstorming: Evansville, IN
Meeting local union heads: Evansville, IN

February 9
Meeting blue-collar voters: Bloomington, IN
Rally/Fundraiser: Bloomington, IN
Resting

February 10
Attending an NAACP meeting: Indianapolis, IN
Meeting voters at a factory: Indianapolis, IN
Downtown Rally: Indianapolis, IN

VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 04:23:34 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2015, 03:42:24 PM by vivaportugalhabs »

February 11
Town hall meeting: St. Louis, MO
Economic inequality rally in front of the Gateway Arc: St. Louis, MO
Meeting with voters: St. Louis, MO
Opening an office: St. Louis, MO

February 12
Fundraising/Rally: St. Charles, MO
Meeting with state reps: Jefferson City, MO
Rallying about Vietnam at Mizzou: Columbia, MO
Meeting students: Columbia, MO

February 13
Meeting voters: Springfield, MO
Meeting miners: Fredericktown, MO
Rally about Union rights: Farmington, MO

February 14
Fundraising: Lee's Summit, MO
Meeting voters: Raytown, MO
Barnstorming downtown: Kansas City, MO

February 15
Barnstorming: Kansas City, KS
Talking to returning vets: Leavenworth, KS
Meeting voters: St. Joseph, MO

February 16
Rally: Omaha, NE
Barnstorming: Sioux Falls, SD
Dinner with locals: Makato, MN

February 17
Meeting voters: Minneapolis, MN
Office Opening: Minneapolis, MN
Barnstorming about the economy, Warehouse District: Minneapolis, MN
Fundraising dinner: Minneapolis, MN

February 18
Town Hall: St. Paul, MN
Meeting voters: St. Paul, MN
Rally: St. Paul, MN

February 19
Rally at the Entertainment Convention Center: Duluth, MN
Roundtable town hall with Duluth mayor Ben Boo (R) and Rep. John Blatnik (D)
Rally about Native American concerns: Fond Du Lac Reservation

February 20
Barnstorming: Eau Claire, WI
Barnstorming: Madison, WI
Meeting voters: Madison, WI

February 21
Meeting factory workers: Milwaukee, WI
Rally about unions: Downtown Milwaukee, WI
Fundraising: Milwaukee, WI

The backbone of America is labor. One of the most pressing concerns in this nation is the lack of support this administration has provided to American workers. Polish, Italian, Greek, Spanish, Hungarian, we all face the same struggles.

February 22
Barnstorming: Waukegan, IL
Meeting voters: North Chicago, IL
Meeting voters: Buffalo Grove, IL
Dinner with the local Democratic Party: Palatine, IL

February 23
Meeting voters: Rockford, IL
Rally about healthcare: Rockford, IL
Attending a Catholic Mass: Rockford, IL
Barnstorming: Aurora, IL

February 24
Meeting voters in Little Italy: Chicago, IL
Rally about the war: Chicago, IL
Fundraiser: Chicago, IL

February 25
Flying to Charleston, South Carolina
Speech for a local anti-war student group: Charleston, SC

February 26
Meeting with local NAACP: Charleston, SC
Barnstorming: Charleston, SC
Meeting voters: Downtown Charleston, SC

This country does not need more separation and division. We need unity. We do not need the racial extremism of Sam Yorty. We need commonsense. We do not need Ed Muskie's waffling on the issue of Vietnam. We need an end to this draft that unjustly targets young Black boys. We do not need a racially coded 'law and order' stance like that proposed by George Wallace. We need empathy and understanding. We do not need the violence and hatred of the AIP, espoused by John Schmitz. We need acceptance and peace.

February 27
Barnstorming: Myrtle Beach, SC
Meeting voters: Along the SC shoreline
Attending local Dem meeting: Florence, SC

February 28
Meeting voters: Columbia, SC
Rally: Greenville, SC
Meeting voters: Spartanburg, SC

February 29
Fly to St. Louis, MO
Speech: Belleville, IL
Rally: Mt. Vernon, IL
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 05:39:19 PM »

Fred Harris Turn 5 Endorsements

Rep. William R. Roy (KS-2)

"I believe that Fred Harris is the best suited candidate for the job of president. His message resonates with millions of Americans like me who seek a more just American society, both at home and abroad. I'm happy to lend my full support to Senator Harris in his quest for the Oval Office."
Congressman Roy will be barnstorming and fundraising off and on in Kansas through the 15th of February, in Minnesota from the 16th through the 21st, and in Wisconsin from the 21st through the 29th

Catholic Priest and Activist Phillip Berrigan

"No other candidate puts forth such a holistic platform as Fred Harris. Not only does the senator exude a certain confidence in regards to ending the war, but he also professes deep knowledge about how to repair the fundamentally broken American economic system."
Fr. Berrigan will be visiting college campuses and youth gatherings to rouse youth support in Illinois, Massachusetts, and Virginia this turn.

West Virginia Senator Jennings Randolph

"During my long tenure in DC, I've seen many politicos decide to run for president. All too often, they get so caught up in electioneering that they become bitter and out of touch with the American people. It's about time we have a regular guy running for president who understands the concerns of everyday Americans. I've worked with him on various initiatives in the senate and realize how pragmatic and yet principled Senator Harris is. These key values not only show in his political life, but define him as an honorable citizen. In talking to my constituents from, miners to homemakers to factory workers to students, I realize that Senator Fred Harris is exactly what these folks are looking for. Fred Harris isn't a radical leftist. He isn't a reactionary either. He's the commonsense populist America needs after this destructive Nixon term. All his career, he's been a champion for causes near and dear not only to West Virginians, but people around the country. Fred Harris has my full and undivided support and I stand with him in his quest for the White House."
Senator Jennings Randolph will be barnstorming in West Virginia, Virginia (fundraising here too),  the interior of South Carolina, and rural Missouri (more fundraising again).
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »

Fred Harris Ad-"Surprised?" Will air in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri and Minnesota

NARRATOR: "We've given them all a surprise. None of the entrenched candidates expected a crusader for the people. None of them expected anybody with revenue-neutral plans to ensure that every American has healthcare. None of them expected anybody with such a commonsense, concrete plan to end the war. None of them expected a candidate who grew up on a farm, pushing through poverty with his own hard work. Nobody believed that a progressive could be pragmatic too, fighting for unity in these divided times.
The truth is, they are surprised at Senator Fred Harris' rise in the presidential race. Why so surprised? A man of the people is what America needs. It's time we reshuffle the deck in front of the laborer, the farmer, the common man and woman. "

SENATOR HARRIS: "While I respect the positions of my opponents and thank them for warmly welcoming me into the race, I look forward to a good fight.. Too many insiders don't want a populist to shake up the establishment. I say we do it. For justice. For fairness. For an end to the war."

VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 12:55:13 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2015, 12:59:39 PM by vivaportugalhabs »

Turn 6 Fred Harris Endorsements

Milwaukee, WI Mayor Henry Maier

"Senator Harris represents all that's right for the people of Milwaukee. Through his tireless work on behalf of labor and his expertise promoting interracial dialogue and peace on the Kerner commission, his fights have meant a lot to the great people of my city. Certain candidates claim that a man from the prairie cannot know the struggles of city life. They're dead wrong. Senator Harris knows the problems of cities as well as any hotshot big city mayor. As the foremost representative of this city, I'd like to see his wisdom, experience, and passion in the White House."
Activities: Mayor Maier will be barnstorming, organizing, and fundraising in Milwaukee

Fmr. Oklahoma Senator Mike Monroney

"I've had the pleasure of serving in the US senate with Fred Harris for a number of years, and I'm glad to call him one of my best friends. He and I worked on a number of initiatives together, from public works projects for impoverished areas to initiatives to help Native Americans. I have confidence that Fred is the only candidate in the field with the will to do what it takes to put this country back on track. Since I'm retired, i'll be donating what time I have to the cause!"
Activities:Mike Monroney will be barnstorming in Idaho and Montana this turn

Arkansas Senator J. William Fulbright

"I've been considered by a number of candidates for my endorsement this primary season, but only one of them truly merits my full backing. I've not only seen Senator Fred Harris in action in the senate, but also through my recent meetings with him, it's become apparent to me that he would make a phenomenal president. Not only is his plan on Vietnam one of the best I've seen, but I know with certainty that Fred will not turn a blind eye to suffering Americans. He understands the issue of rural poverty, something that disproportionally impacts my state. I pledge to do what it takes to ensure that my good colleague Fred Harris wins the Democratic Nomination and eventually the general election."
Activities: Senator Fulbright will be barnstorming in Arkansas and Southwest Missouri this week

Past Endorsers
Rep. William Roy: Representative Roy will be organizing supporters in Kansas this week
Phillip Berrigan: Fr. Berrigan will visit University of Wisconsin, University of Minnesota, University of Michigan, and Ohio State University to talk to student activists about Fred Harris and set up "Students for Harris" clubs this week
Senator Jennings Randolph: Senator Randolph will be barnstorming in South Carolina for the 1st half of the week and will attend his senatorial duties for the second half of the week

Comments on Ed Muskie Allegations
"I am not surprised that some members of the media are spreading vicious personal rumors regarding his wife and family. I know Ed and he's a good man of character. These slanderous rumors are inhumane and as we move forward in this primary, I'd like to shy away from attacks on the character of other candidates. That being said, many of the attacks on Ed Muskie's record are justified. On Vietnam, he's shifted opinions and appears to be waffling on the issue. We all know this to be a fact, and I ask that voters pick a candidate with a true, sensible, and realistic withdrawal plan.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 05:36:33 PM »

Fred Harris Schedule

March 1
Barnstorming about the economy: Blue Island, IL
Meeting voters by doorknocking: Kankakee, IL
Addressing a crowd about the Vietnam war: Champaign, IL
Fundraiser at a Democratic Party Dinner: Urbana, IL

March 2
Meeting voters: Effingham, IL
Lunch with local Farm Bureau: Effingham, IL
Speech about agricultural policy: Flora, IL
Meeting voters: Benton, IL

"The strength of US agriculture is inextricably linked to our economic and physical health as a nation. Nixon and his cronies have allowed a complicated global system to overtake the family farm. I support opening up trade for farmers with other world superpowers so that American farms prosper as our products sell globally."

March 3
Meeting voters: Cape Girardeau, MO
Fundraiser: Cape Girardeau, MO
Photo-op and press conference: Van Buren, MO
Speech about poverty: West Plains, MO

March 4
Speech about infrastructure: Springfield, MO
Meeting voters: Springfield, MO
Barnstorming: Joplin, MO
Speaking to miners: Galena, KS

March 5
Meet voters: Raytown, MO
Meet voters: Independence, MO
Talk to factory workers in West Bottoms: Kansas City, MO
County Party fundraiser: Kansas City, MO

EXCERPT OF SPEECH AT FUNDRAISER:"The time to vote for change is now. The time to vote for a candidate who doesn't have to run away from his record on the war is now. The time to vote for a consistent fighter for the poor is now. The time to vote for racial justice and peace in our streets is now. Don't waste your vote on a wishy-washy centrist who's beholden to interests other than those of the people. Vote your conscience this election. Vote Harris.

March 6
Barnstorming: Macomb, IL
Meeting voters: Galesburg, IL
Speech about the war: Freeport, IL
Fundraiser: Winona, MN

March 7
Meeting voters: Lake City, MN
Barnstorming: Hastings, MN
Town Hall: Brooklyn Park, MN
Press conference: St. Paul, MN

REPORTER: "Why did you decide to run? Why not support McGovern, Gravel, Lindsay or McCarthy?"
HARRIS: "That's a fair question for sure. I'll break this one down man by man. In terms of Senator McGovern, he's an absolutely wonderful guy and I can call him a good friend and ally in the senate. The same generally applies to Senator McCarthy. I'll have you remember that Mr. McGovern and Mr. McCarthy voted to authorize the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution, a disheartening and unconstitutional step towards total war. Moreover, Senator McCarthy, while formerly a reliable progressive senate vote, seems to have shifted to the right some in recent years, which disappoints me. Senator Gravel I believe falls towards some generally anti-government positions at times, not acknowledging that the government needs to be a force for justice. While he also is a good man, I think those looking for a proper populist should be supporting me. On Mayor Lindsay, I know him as a great guy from all of our meetings and I really appreciate his input into this race. As the chair of the Kerner commission, I believe both he and I have a key understanding of race relations and urban issues and no matter who wins, I'd like our positions on said issues to enter the dialogue. However, I think he might be lacking in experience for the oval office, especially in reaching out to rural and suburban voters. My rural background I believe places me in a distinct position in this field, with urban and rural know-how. When Shirley Chisholm was in the race, I felt that we had a true populist. She had experience living and working in New York but also growing up on a rural Caribbean island. It was once she dropped out that I saw the void of a peoples' candidate and decided to fill that gap!"
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 04:21:59 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2015, 01:30:33 PM by vivaportugalhabs »

Fred Harris Schedule
March 8
Meeting voters: Greenwood, SC
Rally about inflation: Greenwood, SC
Fundraiser: Aiken, SC
Attending a local sporting event to meet voters: North Augusta, SC

March 9
South Carolina HQ opening w/guest Rep. Claude Pepper: Columbia, SC
Meeting voters downtown: Columbia, SC
Barnstorming about healhcare: Florence, SC
Talking to voters: Florence, SC

March 10
Beachfront rally about unity: Myrtle Beach, SC
Flight to Norfolk, VA
Speaking at local AFL-CIO dinner: Norfolk, VA
Meeting voters: Newport News, VA

March 11
Meeting voters: Richmond, VA
Fundraiser with Sen. Jennings Randolph: Richmond, VA
Meeting voters with Sen. Jennings Randolph: Arlington, VA
Dinner with Vietnam Vets: Arlington, VA

"Every other candidate talks about ending the war. I agree with them on this point and as you all know, the horrors of war are not from some movie. They are all too real. However, I haven't heard a peep from any other candidate about helping our vets when they get home. I'm proposing a 'New GI Bill' to help returning vets by ensuring that they have free college access, tax breaks for home and car purchases, quality healthcare, and jobs. We must recognize and appreciate the sacrifices young men like you have made for our nation."

March 12
Rally about unemployment: Quincy, IL
Downtown rally about labor unions: Chicago, IL
Talking to voters: Chicago, IL
Speaking with factory workers: Rockford, IL

March 13
Speech at UWisconsin about Vietnam policy: Madison, WI
Fundraiser lunch: Eau Claire, WI
Meeting voters: Minneapolis, MN
Speech about inflation: Bloomington, MN

"Prices are on the rise, and where's the president? Visiting his buddies in Red China while turning his back on the plight of the American people. I will fight to stop the inflation problem this country has encountered by directing the Federal Reserve to take action and end easy money practices. Combine this with my plan to invest in building up this nation's rural infrastructure, and we can have lower prices and more employment for Americans."

March 14
Barnstorming: East St. Louis, IL
Rally with Jesse Jackson about better race relations: East St. Louis, IL
Rally about unions in front of the Gateway Arch: St. Louis, MO
Meeting voters: Belleville, IL
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 09:55:52 PM »

Fred Harris Endorsements
Former Alaska Governor and Former Senator Ernest Gruening

"I'm overjoyed that Senator Harris is in this race. What's happening to America under Nixon is reprehensible, especially in regards to Vietnam and here at home too. People like Mike Gravel are seeking a quick power grab, but I know Fred Harris is the real deal."
Activities: Ernest Gruening will be organizing efforts in Alaska and Hawaii and meeting voters

Former Florida Senator and FL-11 Rep. Claude Pepper

"My constituents are all talking about Fred Harris, even though he's not on the Florida ballot. Some even say they'll write him in! I've had the chance to sit down with Senator Harris and I approve of the direction in which he wants to take this country. Senator Harris is one of the few who recognizes the pressing need for responsible fiscal policy that helps the most vulnerable among us. Moreover, he has a key understanding of how healthcare can be fixed."
Activities: Claude Pepper will be attending to congressional duties for part of the week, but will campaign in South Carolina on his days off.

Reverend and Civil Rights Leader Jesse Jackson

"I take great pleasure in endorsing Senator Fred Harris in his run for presidency! He will end the racial struggles plaguing this nation and bring forth equality for all Americans, no matter what their skin color is."
Activities: Jesse Jackson will be speaking for Harris in black communities across Illinois and Missouri

Past Endorsers
Mayor Henry Maier: The mayor will be fundraising for Sen. Harris in Milwaukee, along with distributing info
Fmr. Senator Mike Monroney: Monroney will be barnstorming in Kansas, Utah, and Wyoming
Senator J. William Fulbright: Senator Fulbright will be barnstorming in Alabama and Georgia for 3 days while not in senate duties
Rep. William Roy: Rep. Roy will be organizing in Kansas and meeting with union reps in Wichita and KCK.
Phillip Berrigan: Berrigan will set up 'Students For Harris" chapters at Illinois State, Northwestern, and University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign.
Senator Jennings Randolph: Senator Randolph will barnstorm in Virginia and Western Minnesota
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 06:25:06 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2015, 02:01:00 PM by vivaportugalhabs »

Fred Harris Schedule
March 15
Rally about the economy at Forest Park: St. Louis, MO
Meeting voters: Hannibal, MO
Barnstorming and GOTV: Quincy, IL
GOTV and dinner with local party: Macomb, IL

March 16
GOTV downtown/Meet and greet: Peoria, IL
Meeting workers/GOTV: Bloomington, IL
Rally about agricultural policy: Peru, IL
Speaking to voters/GOTV: Naperville, IL

"American workers are struggling as they carry the economy. Instead of attacking unions, let's recognize their storied history and importance! Unions abolished child labor and established the 8 hour workday! Unions brought about the minimum wage, and unions will be instrumental in our economic future, especially in increasing wages for workers and lessening inequity! I'm so glad to stand with you all, and I thank you all for your hard work."

March 17
Luncheon/GOTV: Skokie, IL
Town Hall in Little Italy: Chicago, IL
Press conference/Rally about equality with Jesse Jackson on the South Side: Chicago, IL
Talking to airport workers at O'Hare: Chicago, IL

EQUALITY RALLY (Attendance: 8,698)Sad"Black Americans have gained victories from the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act. However, the battle for civil rights is not over. I continue to stand in solidarity with the Black community as we seek commonsense solutions to achieve equality of opportunity. Every American deserves the same chance."

March 18
Flying to SC
Meeting voters: Sumter, SC
Rally about union job creation: Columbia, SC
Meeting voters: Orangeburg, SC
Dinner with returning war vets: Orangeburg, SC

"Nixon's no job creator. Our economy is slowing to a halt and it needs a kickstart! That means investment in infrastructure, research, and education! With my reforms, we will see a spike in employment and a more competitive country on the global business market!"

March 19
Breakfast with workers: Charleston, SC
Flying to IL
Meeting voters/GOTV: East St. Louis, IL
Rally about agriculture/GOTV: Effingham, IL

March 20
Speech about Vietnam at UIllinois with Jesse Jackson/GOTV: Urbana-Champaign, IL
Rally in Bridgeport about jobs/GOTV: Chicago, IL
GOTV in Chinatown and Armour Square: Chicago, IL
Dinner with union workers/GOTV: Chicago, IL

VOTER:"Hi Senator Harris it's wonderful to meet you! I've been telling all my family and friends about you!"
HARRIS: "Thank you! It's good to meet you too. Folks like you will help us win this election!"

March 21
GOTV Downown: Rockford, IL
GOTV: Springfield, IL
GOTV: Centreville, IL
GOTV and then a watch party with volunteers: East St. Louis, IL

Illinois GOTV Strategy

Maximize the student vote for Harris
i. Turning out 'Students for Harris" groups
ii. Unifying the anti-war student groups behind Harris
iii. Help from Fr. Phillip Berrigan
Turnout the high African American populations in East St Louis and Chicago
i. Talk to NAACP leaders and former civil rights activists
ii. Rev. Jesse Jackson will mobilize supporters
iii. Focusing on Fred Harris' leading role and solutions from the Kerner Commission for discussion with undecideds and Lindsay supporters
iv. Talking about Harris' role in opening up primaries
Make inroads into union workers across the state
i. Blue collar Polish-Americans and Italian Americans
ii. Irish-American voter mobilization
iii. Specifically targeting union leaders to mobilize voters
Targeting Supporters
i. Talking to Muskie supporters about his various flip flops on issues
ii. Talking to Yorty supporters about how Harris better stands for union labor and rural issues
iii. Talking to McCarthy supporters about McCarthy's economic conservatism and disdain for the people
iv. Talking to Gravel supporters about Harris' plans on Vietnam and how they're more responsible than Gravel's stance
v. Talking to Lindsay supporters about Harris' experience
Vietnam Vets and Families
i. Talking to Vietnam Vets and their families about the New GI Bill

Fred Harris files for the Wisconsin Primary
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 06:34:34 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2015, 12:04:06 AM by vivaportugalhabs »

Fred Harris Ad-Values
This ad will air on TV for the next week in the Chicago and St. Louis media markets.

"Illinois espouses the same values I grew up with. Hard work, dedication, wisdom, and a good sense of humor. I've greatly loved spending time here over the last few weeks, and I'm glad that all of my wonderful supporters here have so much energy. We've fought hard against the Muskie-Lindsay axis, but our battle is not over yet. I need your vote in the Democratic Primary. Here's a quick list of some of the policies I support:
-Bringing a responsible end to the atrocities in Vietnam, including a new GI bill
-Raising the minimum wage
-Keeping prices down to protect working families
-Ensuring peace and justice in our cities
-Fighting for labor unions
So please, on the 21st, make sure to cast your ballot for Fred Harris.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 11:48:22 PM »

Fred Harris Press Conference Televised Response to Eugene McCarthy

"Thank you, Mr. McCarthy for making it clear that I am no conservative, unlike you. I take pride in being a real Democrat. We all know you're not a Democrat anymore. I voted no on the nomination of Justice Powell because he never represented the people. As a lawyer for the tobacco industry and a bedfellow of the Chamber of Commerce, I knew then and know now that Powell's out to help big business at the expense of common Americans. Senator McCarthy should be the one answering questions about his yes vote on that nomination! Moreover, I didn't vote for the Gulf of Tonkin resolution like you did! Get that folks, he was for the war before he opposed it! On the economy, I support increasing the minimum wage, which I haven't heard a peep about from other candidates. Where's everybody else at on preventing corporations from evading taxes through loopholes? Eugene McCarthy has sold you out to the highest corporate bidders, America."
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2015, 06:22:25 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2015, 02:06:06 PM by vivaportugalhabs »

Fred Harris Endorsements
West Virginia Secretary of State Jay Rockefeller

"I already know who I'm voting for in the West Virginia primary! My vote and endorsement both go to Senator Fred Harris, a proven fighter in the senate. I know he'll be just as hardworking in the White House and pledge to help him get there!"
Activities: Mr. Rockefeller will be talking to mining communities about Fred Harris.

Wisconsin 7th Congressional District Rep. Dave Obey

"Wisconsin needs a champion. We value compassion, peace, and understanding, all of which Senator Fred Harris espouses. On everything from agricultural issues to the war in Vietnam, he's on the right side of the issues and merits my endorsement."
Activities: Rep. Obey will attend to congressional duties for the first half of the week and then help canvassing efforts in Northern Illinois.

Fmr. Tennessee Senator Ross Bass

"As a long time senator from Tennessee, I know what it's like to represent a decidedly conservative state and not compromise on populist values. While other candidates triangulate on issues like unemployment, wages, and inequality, Fred Harris stands firmly in the populist camp. His record definitely shows this."
Activities:Ross Bass will do a speaking tour of South Carolina and will partake in fundraising for the campaign.

Past Endorsers
Fmr. Senator and Fmr. Governor Ernest Gruening: The former Governor will talk to voters in Alaska and organize chapters of Harris supporters there
FL-11 Rep. Claude Pepper: Rep. Pepper will be canvassing the Chicago suburbs in the 3 days leading up to the election. Before then, he'll continue activities in South Carolina.
Rev. Jesse Jackson: Rev. Jackson will spend 3 days mobilizing Chicago's Black community for Sen. Harris, 3 days in East. St. Louis mobilizing Black voters, and a day in Cairo doing the same.
Mayor Henry Maier: The mayor will talk to local union members about Fred Harris at a series of dinners and attend to his mayoral duties
Fmr. Senator Mike Monroney: Monroney will be organizing volunteers in Missouri and barnstorming rural areas
Rep. Bill Roy: Rep. Roy will be touring rural Illinois to help with GOTV efforts.
Senator J. William Fulbright: Senator Fulbright will attend senatorial duties for 4 days and organize for Fred Harris in Pittsburgh, PA and Erie, PA for 3 days
Fr. Phillip Berrigan: Fr. Berrigan will be mobilizing Illinois university students to vote for Fred Harris. He will focus on GOTV especially with Students for Harris groups.
Senator Jennings Randolph:Senator Randolph will be fundraising for Fred Harris in West Virginia and Virginia.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2015, 10:16:44 PM »

McCarthy Week 3 Schedule

January 16

- Barnstorm in Nashua, NH
- Barnstorm in Dover, NH
- Barnstorm in Merrimack, NH with Rep. Edwards
- Town Hall in Conway, NH

January 17

- Fly to Florida
- Barnstorm in Jacksonville, FL
- Town Hall in Fort Lauderdale, FL

January 18

- Fundraiser in Palm Beach, FL
- Barnstorm in Destin, FL
- Barnstorm in Jupiter, FL
- Fundraiser in Tallahaasee, FL

January 19

- Barnstorm in Key West, FL
- Town Hall in Panama City, FL
- Barnstorm in Everglades, FL
- Fly to Iowa

January 20

- Fundraiser in Dubuque, IA
- Town Hall in Ames, IA
- Barnstorm in Iowa City, IA with Gov. Wellstone
- Barnstorm in Grimes, IA

January 21

- Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
- Town Hall in Mason City, IA
- Barnstorm in Decorah, IA
- Barnstorm in Johnston, IA

January 22

- Barnstorm in Grinnell, IA
- Barnstorm in West Des Moines, IA with Rep. Edwards
- Barnstorm in Oskaloosa, IA
- Town Hall in Pella, IA

Endorsements

U.S. Representative Don Edwards of California

Edwards will be Barnstorming in NH from January 16-19 and in IA from January 20-22

Minnesota Governor Wendell Anderson

Anderson will be Barnstorming in IA from January 16-22

Harris, I already claimed Gov. Anderson.
Oh, I'll fix that then. I apologize. I was told he was open!
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 02:10:37 PM »

Fred Harris for President Ad: Record
Airing this week in:

Shading corresponds to size of ad buy.

"Only one person in this field grew up poor on a farm in rural Oklahoma and has consistently fought for a higher minimum wage and fewer taxes on working families while holding the wealthiest few accountable. Only one candidate has proposed a public works package. Only one candidate has combined a Vietnam withdrawal with a new GI Bill to help our vets. He never voted for the Gulf of Tonkin resolution. Only one candidate has been a true champion for Native Americans, farmers, and young people. That candidate is Senator Fred Harris. With a proven record, strong family values, and a drive to help the people, Fred Harris deserves your vote!
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 01:33:05 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2015, 01:36:08 PM by vivaportugalhabs »

Fred Harris Speech on Illinois Results
"Today, we showed the establishment a new coalition. This is a coalition they're afraid of, because of the power it can hold. We pulled together farmers, union workers, Blacks, students, Yellow Dog Democrats, returning Vets, and more. What a fantastic result in Illinois and I'm so glad I got the chance to spend time in this wonderful state. I foresee vicious attacks from my opponents because they've witnessed the peoples' power in action, but we will fend them off. We will keep the ball rolling for the common man, from Missouri to Minnesota to South Carolina to Wisconsin!"

Random Stuff I Needed to fit in
-Winding down of operations at the Chicago HQ
-Followthrough contact with Harris volunteers and 'Students for Harris' groups
-Having Illinois volunteers call Missouri voters
-Hiring Rev. Jesse Jackson as the campaign's minority outreach director

CAMPAIGN MANAGER: "So what about now, Fred? We have the money, the volunteers and the energy!"
FRED HARRIS: "Full steam ahead, playing the right cards, fielding whatever gets thrown at us. Resources don't mean anything without application."
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 09:03:28 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2015, 09:17:48 PM by VPH »

Harris Hits the Trail
March 22
Rally about the economy at Oyster Point: Charleston, SC
Talking to voters: North Charleston, SC
GOTV: Charleston, SC
Dinner/Rally with the local NAACP (Alongside Jesse Jackson): Charleston, SC

March 23
Speech about agriculture: Florence, SC
GOTV W/Claude Pepper: Florence, SC
GOTV W/Claude Pepper: Sumter, SC
Town Hall: Sumter, SC

VOTER: "How will you fight inflation?"
HARRIS: "I won't freeze your wages, that's what! My plan to tackle inflation is to get a grip on our monetary system. I'll push the federal reserve to curb inflation to keep prices down. Also, with my plan to invest more into infrastructure projects, the economic prosperity will help stop damaging runaway inflation."

March 24
GOTV: Columbia, SC
Speech about Vietnam at the University of South Carolina: Columbia, SC
GOTV: Greenville, SC
Town Hall: Spartanburg, SC

March 25
Meeting voters: Rock Hill, SC
Speech about taxes: Myrtle Beach, SC
GOTV: Conway, SC
Fundraising dinner with Sen. Jennings Randolph: Norfolk, VA
Late night flight to Kansas City, MO

March 26
Speech at Harry Truman's boyhood home about foreign policy: Independence, MO
Rally about unions/GOTV: Raytown, MO
Knocking Doors (GOTV): Kansas City, KS
Town Hall/GOTV: St. Joseph, MO

"It was a man hailing from Independence who passed the first GI Bill. He also played an instrumental role in containing communism through provision of humanitarian aid. These are two Truman-era policies that need to be brought back. I'm the ONLY candidate who's proposed a new GI bill for the young men I'm going to bring home from Vietnam. Moreover, I understand that humanitarian means are the most effective for promoting democracy."

March 27
Rally about university costs at MSU: Springfield, MO
Town Hall: Poplar Bluff, MO
Press conference/Rally about jobs: Jefferson City, MO
Speech to the Mizzou Students for Harris group/campus GOTV with Phillip Berrigan: Columbia, MO

March 28
GOTV: Florrisant, MO
Town Hall: Clayton, MO
GOTV with Jesse Jackson: St. Louis, MO
Dinner with factory workers: St. Louis, MO
Nighttime flight to Minneapolis

March 29
GOTV and speech about inflation: Rochester, MN
Campus GOTV with Phillip Berrigan at UMinn: Minneapolis, MN
GOTV downtown: Minneapolis, MN
GOTV: Bloomington, MN

March 30
Presser: Moose Lake, MN
Fundraiser luncheon/town hall: St. Paul, MN
GOTV: Duluth, MN
Attending a watch party with the family and local volunteers: Duluth, MN

"We can only hope at this point that our results tonight will be favorable. We've done a lot of hard work, and I know all my surrogates and volunteers have done the same. It's been a tiring but rewarding stretch, and I know deep down that the people will speak tonight. The special interests will not overrun our energy."

March 31
GOTV with Rep. Obey: Superior, WI
Rally about jobs/GOTV with Rep. Obey: Eau Claire, WI
GOTV with Rep. Obey: Wausau, WI
Town Hall/GOTV: Green Bay, WI

"Creating jobs should be a top priority. We need to lower the unemployment rate, and the best way to do that is to improve this nation's infrastructure and attract businesses. Instead of our growing trade imbalance, the government should simplify the tax code to spur investment and close loopholes that harm small businesses. Investing in education will pay off by attracting high-tech industries to the US."

April 1
GOTV: Appleton, WI
GOTV (Doorknocking) with mayor Maier: Milwaukee, WI
Town Hall/Rally about union rights with the mayor: Milwaukee, WI
Speech with the mayor: Milwaukee, WI

April 2
Speech at the Serb Hall: Milwaukee, WI
GOTV: West Allis, WI
Campus GOTV with Phillip Berrigan at UWisconsin: Madison, WI
Rally about Vietnam downtown: Madison, WI

April 3
Flight to Wichita, KS
Speech at Wichita State University about unemployment: Wichita, KS
GOTV: Topeka, KS
GOTV: Kansas City, KS

April 4
Speech with local VFW group: Leavenworth, KS
Campus GOTV with Phillip Berrigan: Lawrence, KS
Flight to Milwaukee
Watching election results at the Serb Hall with workers and the mayor

KU STUDENT: "What's your stance on gender equality?"
FRED HARRIS: "Women and men are fundamentally equal. I fully support the ERA and call on the other candidates who haven't yet done so to publicly announce their support to."
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2015, 10:36:45 AM »

Fred Harris Endorsements
WI-2 Rep. Robert Kastenmeier

"I support Fred Harris for president, and I ask that you do the same. He's a true champion for progressive causes."
Activities: Rep. Kastenmeier will be touring his district and GOTV'ing, especially in Madison, WI.

MO-1 Rep. Bill Clay

"I've been a fighter for the environment, labor, and civil rights for years, and I finally see my efforts reflected on the national scale with the candidacy of Fred Harris. All too often, these politicians get all high and mighty and forget certain segments of the population. They forget Blacks, Hispanics, poor people, and other groups. Fred Harris stays humble and knows it's his duty to protect the vulnerable and oppressed. I will work tirelessly on his behalf to ensure he wins."
Activities: Rep. Clay will be doing GOTV in the St. Louis area leading up to the Missouri primary and then attending congressional duty afterwards.

Fmr. Nebraska Governor Frank Morrison

"A lot of folks have been clamoring for my endorsement, and I've finally decided to put my support behind a candidate. Senator Fred Harris represents America's future. His constant voice of support for family farmers, Native Americans, and the rural poor merited a further look for me. After talking to him, I decided to back Fred Harris 100% and will work hard for him."
Activities: Frank Morrison will be getting out the vote in Northwestern Missouri until that primary. Afterwards, he will help organize efforts in Western Kansas.

Past Endorsers
Jay Rockefeller: SoS Rockefeller will spend a week in Southwestern Virginia talking to voters and then the next week talking to voters in W. Virginia.
Dave Obey: Dave Obey will be fundraising week 1 and getting out the vote in his district week 2.
Ross Bass: Fmr. Senator Bass will be coordinating and ading with GOTV in South Carolina
Ernest Gruening: Gruening will barnstorm Alaska and Hawaii.
Claude Pepper: Claude Pepper will accompany Fred Harris to South Carolina events and will also GOTV up and down the SC coastline
Jesse Jackson: Rev. Jackson will be coordinating GOTV efforts with minority populations in St. Louis, Kansas City, Columbia, Charleston, Milwaukee, and Minneapolis.
Henry Maier: The mayor will drum up support and do GOTV in his city.
Mike Monroney: Monroney will focus on barnstorming S. Missouri in the first part of this time and fundraising for the second portion.
Bill Roy: Rep. Roy will tour his district barnstorming.
J. William Fulbright: Fulbright will be barnstorming and fundraising in Virginia for part of the time and do senatorial stuff later.
Phillip Berrigan: Fr. Berrigan will embark on a 'Students for Harris' turnout tour to talk to college students in Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Kansas.
Jennings Randolph: Senator Randolph will be organizing in Wisconsin for 5 days, attending senatorial duties, and then organizing volunteers/fundraising in Ohio.

SENATOR HARRIS FILES FOR PENNSYLVANIA AND MASSACHUSETTS
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 10:19:40 PM »

Oh gosh, those numbers out west are not impressive for me...
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 06:42:30 PM »

Statement on Mayor Lindsay's Tragic Passing
LaDonna and I are deeply saddened to hear of Mayor Lindsay's death. He was truly a great man, and I could sense in him a genuine regard for the well-being of America. He was an intelligent man, and through the course of our discussions, I developed a friendship with him. While we both were competing in these primaries, there was a certain bond between us. I'm going to miss Mayor Lindsay, and I know America will too. During this heavy-hearted time of loss, I pray for his family."
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 06:59:01 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2015, 12:14:57 AM by VPH »

Fred Harris GOTV Strategy
Missouri
-Target black communities in St. Louis and Kansas City
-Turn out students and youth
-Focus on turnout in St. Louis suburbs
-Target union members
-Push for a big win
-Ethnics in St Louis
-Mailer in St Louis area

South Carolina
-Focus on Yorty supporters and 'uncommitted' voters by emphasizing Fred Harris' strong record on unions and jobs
-Turn out blacks in Columbia and Charleston
-Focus on smaller inland cities
-Populist message all the way combined with hard work message
-Push for a decisive victory
-Mailer in Charleston area

Wisconsin
-Boost student turnout in Madison
-Turn out ethnic voters in Milwaukee and Kenosha
-Focus on factory workers
-Appeal to McGovern supporters with the fleshed out war/New GI Bill platform
-Get delegates

Minnesota
-Again, focus on big city Black voters
-Target progressives
-Cut into McCarthy's support by emphasizing Harris' true populist credentials
-Get the student vote
-Try to get some delegates out of the contest

General
-Court Lindsay supporters in big cities by appealing to the same constituencies and emphasizing his friendship
-Attract Yorty supporters by calling out his lies
-Attend Mayor Lindsay's funeral
-Set up a poll ride system in big cities with volunteers
-Fundraise through mailers
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2015, 12:11:16 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2015, 01:28:20 PM by VPH »

The Yorty Record (Radio)
"Where I grew up, in rural Oklahoma, we, like you, grew up taught to be honest and hard working. However, it seems Sam Yorty wasn't raised that way. His recent attacks are gross lies about me. Liars don't have my mercy, but I'm glad he's giving me the chance to reiterate my positions.

I've said time and time again that I only advocate withdrawal from Vietnam on the return of all of our POW's. We won't leave any men behind. When our vets return, they'll get an education and health benefits through my GI Bill to help them out. The only radical here is Sam Yorty. Mayor Yorty supports expanding this failed venture.

Moreover, his statements on busing are moot. I think that's an issue for voters to decide. We all know there are more effective ways to create an environment of integration. This means ensuring economic fairness first and foremost.

Sam Yorty's lies are repulsive and run contrary to all I was taught growing up. One doesn't need to lie about Mayor Yorty. The facts speak for themselves. Let's take a look at the facts on Saigon Sam's record:
-Failed to handle an outbreak of riots in his streets, leading to deaths
-Appointed corrupt cronies to the Harbor Commission
-Refused to endorse a Democrat in 1968, hoping for support from Nixon
-Allowed crime to increase under his tenure

Don't believe a demagogue. Believe a man of the people. Vote Fred Harris.

Harris-Man of the People (TV)

"Who stood up for Native Americans and farmers when the big oil companies wanted to trample on their land? Fred Harris. Who supports a GI Bill for returning Vietnam vets? Fred Harris. Who advocates closing loopholes for the Wall Street fat cats and giving main street a break? Fred Harris. Who's the first candidate to openly support the ERA? Fred Harris. Who knows how to balance law and order and racial progress from his experience? Fred Harris. There's only one candidate in the race who cares about the factory workers, farmer, plumbers, homemakers, cooks, construction workers, and veterans of America. Go ahead, guess who he is. Cast your ballot for Senator Harris. He'll be your voice in DC.

VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2015, 12:35:42 AM »

Muskie for America

March 22nd
Barnstorm in Sikeston, MO.
Barnstorm in Kennett, MO.
Union meeting in Cape Girardeau, MO.
"Unions, as I have said before, are the bedrock of the American dream, and without them, our country, and our workers would be unrecognizable."
Fundraiser in Cape Girardeau, MO.

March 23rd
Barnstorm in Perryville, MO.
Rally in St. Genevieve, MO.
Fundraiser in De Soto, MO.

March 24th
Meet civic leaders in Farmington, MO.
College rally in Rolla, MO.
"You are the future of this great nation. you are the soon to be leaders of America. Only with your help can we fulfill this country's great potential ."
Fundraiser in Rolla, MO.

March 25th
Rally in Colombia, MO.
Barnstorm in Boonetown, MO.
Rally in Jefferson City, MO, with Gov. Warren Hearnes.

March 26th
Fundraiser and meeting with leading state legislators in Jefferson City, MO.
Barnstorm in Kansas City, MO.
Rally with Sen. Stuart Symington, in Kansas City, MO.
"Our cities need revitalization! As President I will increase investment into some our poorest urban areas, leading to a brighter future for places like Kansas City!"

March 27th
Barnstorm in Joplin, MO.
Rally in Springfield, MO.
Fundraiser in Springfield, MO.

March 28th
Barnstorm in St. Charles, MO.
Rally in St. Louis, MO.
"Let's show them on April 30th, that we are still front runners this race! Let's show them that we are in this to win it! Thank you and goodnight."
Fundraiser in St. Louis, MO.

March 29th
Barnstorm and GOTV in Columbus, WI.
Barnstorm GOTV in Sun Prairie, WI.
Rally with Rep. Zablocki and GOTV in Milwaukee, WI.
"Thank you all for coming out tonight! Too many of our brave young men have died fighting in that pointless war across the Pacific! Far too many! Nixon promised us peace with honor! Has he delivered? No! As your president, I will deliver. I will ensure that no more American boys are killed on the offensive in South Vietnam. I have seen the horrors of war, and would not wish that upon anyone."

March 30th
Fundraiser in Milwaukee, WI.
Barnstorm and GOTV in Monticello, WI.
Fundraiser in Madison, WI.
Rally in Madison, WI.

March 31st
Barnstorm in Chippewa Falls, WI, with Rep. Obey.
Barnstorm in Ladysmith, WI, with Rep. Obey.
Barnstorm in Eau Claire, WI, with Rep. Obey.

April 1st
Fundraiser in Minneapolis, MN.
Barnstorm and GOTV in Minneapolis, MN.
Rally in St. Paul, MN.

April 2nd
Barnstorm throughout the Iron Range.
Rally in Duluth, MN.
"You hard working union members are the foundation of what makes this country great. You prove each and every day that with hard work, anything is possible. As President, I will always be a friend of the working man, and will always advocate for their protection from the rapaciousness of some of our most wealthy citizens."
Fundraiser in Duluth, MN.

April 3rd
Barnstorm and GOTV in Milwaukee, WI, with Reps. Henry Reuss and Clement Zablocki.
Rally in Northern Milwaukee, WI, with Henry Reuss.
Fundraiser with Henry Reuss.

April 4th
Final GOTV effort in Wisconsin with Milwaukee Reps. Reuss and Zablocki.
Fly to Harrisburg, PA and file for the Pennsylvania Primary.
Fly to Boston, MA and file for the Massachusetts Primary.
Fundraiser in Boston, MA.

Also, Rep. Obey endorsed me like 2 turns ago, so you can't canvass with him
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies