Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:25:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 108192 times)
Potus
Potus2036

« on: July 26, 2015, 09:08:09 PM »

Morgens For President

Ladies and gentlemen,

I am honored by your presence today. Anne and I thank you for joining us in this new chapter of our lives. Going forward, we will appreciate every ounce of love and support you can send our way. History suggests that we'll be needing it.

Many of you may harbor some confusion about why we're going forward with this. Many of you may think that because I'm not politician, I shouldn't involve myself in these affairs. I hardly disagree.

I am running for President of the United States, now let me tell you why.

During my time at Procter and Gamble, I've had the pleasure of being part of a team that has turned it into one of the largest and most successful companies in America. We've quadrupled the size of the company and I'm glad my leadership was a part of that.

I've spent many years of my life dedicated to the success of Procter and Gamble. We've hired new workers, opened new plans, and helped build this country for many years.

That's the honor and value of serving in business. The business community makes so many lives better by simply existing. The private sector is crucial to the success of every part of our society.

I've had the distinct honor of serving several charitable organizations in my life. Through my work with the Cincinnati Children's Hospital, I can tell you that rarely is progress made without private backing. As a board member for the Museum of Natural History, I can tell you the many millions of families and schools that visit the museum would not enjoy that opportunity if not for the private sector. The Red Cross depends on the support of millions of businesses, workers, and families across the country to bring help to those in need. Our society needs entrepreneurship and the private sector to move forward.

So what does this have to do with my running for President?

I believe that the private sector is hurting and because of that our society is hurting. Millions of American families are hurting.

Many people in Washington will look at this announcement, smirk, and drop the newspaper. That is what is wrong with Washington.

When prices go up and wages don't, Washington shrugs. When people are forced to depend on government for their living, Washington looks away. When the worker struggles and the small business closes, Washington is nowhere to be found. When we start a half-a-billion dollar deficit, Washington retreats.

Why is this? Because Washington is doing just find. Your pain isn't pain to them. The taxes out of your paycheck are paychecks into their pockets.

I believe that with an outsider in charge we can get this country moving in the right direction. We can fix Washington. We can make life better for every American.

That is why I'm running for President. Thank you.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 10:23:40 PM »

Americans for Morgens

January 2nd
     -Barnstorming in New Hampshire
     -Townhall in Nashua
     -Tour of Conner Bottling Works

January 3rd
     -Townhall in Manchester
     -Speech to Manchester Chamber of Commerce

"You know, folks, I voted for President Nixon in 1968. I thought he had what it took to address the fundamental economic problems in our country. But these last four years have proven me wrong.

The federal deficit is quickly approaching half-a-billion dollars. That is money our federal government is borrowing to get bigger and bigger, to spend more money on more projects and programs. The last decade has seen an incredible growth in government, but weak growth in the economy. Taxes and spending have gone up, but our household budgets have gotten smaller.

The deficit and government growth threatens the fundamentals of a growing economy. Businesses need to be able to borrow money to hire new workers, to build new factories, and to strengthen our communities. There is only so much money to lend and the federal government is taking up half-a-billion dollars of it. The government prevents growth, depresses wages, and shelters unemployment. The growth of the federal government is a secret tax on the American people, one of the largest taxes in the country."

January 4th
     -Townhall in Bedford
     -Speech on War on Poverty

"Poverty strangles the soul. Poverty makes those forced to endure it feel as though there is nothing left in the world they can fight for. I believe the duty of the federal government is to tell them that idea is wrong. If the federal government is to pursue a strategy to eliminate poverty, it must do so by giving people the power to change their own lives, not trying to change it for them.

The policies put in place under Johnson and continued under Nixon have not fulfilled this goal. As a businessman, I helped put thousands of people across this country to work. I saw firsthand the great things that a job can do for a person. Waking up in the morning, going to work, earning a living, and taking care of your family provides us the grounding we need to be happy in life. Welfare, as conceived by Nixon and Johnson, has not done this."

January 4th
     -Townhall in Concord
     -Roundtable with Concord community on deficit
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 03:38:27 PM »

Buckley endorses Morgens!

Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 07:47:29 PM »

Businessman
Running in the First Five States

Voiceover: Howard Morgens is one of the most brilliant businessmen in America. As the leader of Procter & Gamble, Mr. Morgens has quadrupled the value of the company, put thousands of people to work, and put P&G on the map.

Morgens: My name is Howard Morgens and I'm running to be the Republican nominee for President of the United States. I believe we need a businessman in Washington who is going to balance the budget, grow the economy, and provide the leadership we need in troubled times. I hope I'll earn your vote

At The Table

Voiceover: Successful businessman Howard Morgens knows how to get a good deal done. As the leader of the all-American company Procter & Gamble, Morgens has quadrupled the size of the company, in part by being a good negotiator.

Different Voiceover: In achieving detente with the Soviet Union, President Nixon has given away the kitchen sink. Howard Morgens won't let the Reds off so easy.

Morgens: During my time in business, I've learned to push a hard bargain. I'm a candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States and I hope to have your support.

A Strong America

Morgens: Hello, I'm Howard Morgens, candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States. In the past ten years, our country has gone through various stages of unrest, pain, and division. At the heart of it all, I think the beliefs that drove many social movements is a belief in broadening the American Dream. I empathize with wanting to expand the American Dream to folks who've never had that kind of hope. However, the way to do that is not radicalism, liberalism, and judicial activism. The radicals, the bad actors, and the demonstrators aren't looking to relieve pain, because you can only find relief through a stronger economy, a strong belief in free enterprise, and a belief in America's greatness. I'm Howard Morgens, Republican candidate for President, and I would appreciate your support.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 08:21:11 PM »

Morgens for America

January 9th
     -Filing for the New Hampshire Primary
     -Foreign policy speech on the steps of the State Capitol

Excerpt from Speech:

"I do not believe that President Nixon pushes the Soviets enough. His pursuit of detente, his desire for peace with America's enemies has blinded him to the incredible reliance the Soviet Union has on the United States. The Russians need us to keep from starving. As President, I will not accept any sort of arms reduction or arms freeze that does not eliminate the Soviet advantage among nuclear weapons.

I support a program that will protect farm incomes while putting pressure on the Soviets and expanding our global influence. Food is a valuable commodity across the globe. I support the federal government stepping up purchases of American grain and other food products, typically bound for the Soviet Union, and using it to feed the Third World, strengthen our alliances, and weaken the Soviet Union."

January 10th
     -Townhall in Concord

Excerpt from townhall answer on Vietnam:

"Look, I absolutely respect the President as Commander-in-Chief and I readily accept that he might have some sort of intelligence that I don't have. However, I think it's hard for anyone to say President Nixon has handled Vietnam particularly well. My personal opinion on this is clear: we need to know why we're in Vietnam. I believe Vietnam is a necessary fight to have against communism.

I believe the Korean War is an effective model when it comes to our current conflict. Today, one Korea is prosperous and the other is a Communist wasteland. We must strengthen South Vietnam, build its infrastructure and economy as well as its military, and we must take sweeping conventional measures to weaken the Communists in the region.

Let's show them the greatness of the American way and let us stop the forces of tyranny in their tracks. Communicating with China could be an important step in reaching a Korea-like consensus in Vietnam. Our top priority, for me, is clear: a free South Vietnam,"

January 11th
     -File for the Florida Primary
     -Barnstorming in Tallahassee
     -Townhall in Tallahassee

January 12th
     -Barnstorming in Gainesville
     -Address to Gainesville Chamber of Commerce
     -Townhall in Gainesville

Excerpt from town hall answer on busing:

"I've got an ad running that talks about my support for making life better for people, and I think that is what advocates of busing want. But the truth of the matter is this: the solution to the African American quality of life problem isn't busing. The current economy harms black Americans even more than it does white Americans. How is a school supposed to be nice when a trip to the grocery eats up the whole family's paycheck and they can't afford to improve their community? I support laws that make sure business startup loans and home loans are made on completely financial grounds, not racial grounds. Busing does nothing to solve the fundamental problem and creates a lot of needless tension, it's all about the economy."

January 13th
     -Barnstorming in Miami
     -Citizens' Roundtable in Miami
     -Rally in Miami

January 14th
    -Campaigning with William F. Buckley in New Hampshire
    -Rally with Buckley in New Hampshire
    -Roundtable in Concord with Buckley
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 08:47:47 PM »

Morgens for America: Memo Jan. 10

The Morgens campaign has hired a New Hampshire-specific campaign staff to win the nation's highest profile primary.

The campaign has hired one permanent field worker for each of the state's counties and apportioned sufficient funding to have a paid precinct captain in every precinct in the state. The county directors are responsible for building the campaign infrastructure in each county and recruiting precinct captains that can persuade voters.

The Morgens campaign, benefiting from its enormous warchest, has established field offices in Manchester, Concord, Nashua, and Portsmouth. These offices will serve as ground zero for doorknocking, letter writing, and other on-the-ground campaign activities.

Additionally, a state campaign committee has been established for each of the four other First Five states to conduct the hiring and infrastructure building.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 09:28:41 PM »

More Text From New Hampshire Foreign Policy Speech

"The most important job the Commander-in-Chief has is to protect and preserve freedom. Every day, the President, ought to wake up in the morning knowing in their heart that freedom is right and tyranny is wrong. This is the fundamental battle between freedom and communism.

The leader of the free world must know, with every fiber of their being, that freedom must be preserved. I believe that in our present struggle with communism, that conviction must come to the forefront. We must go to the negotiating table knowing what freedom does for people.

The free world, in contrast with communism, is near and dear to my heart. I was born a middle class kid in St. Louis, Missouri in 1910. My lifetime has seen victory in World War 1, the Roaring Twenties, the Great Depression, and the defeat of the Nazis in addition to the struggles we face in recent years. I do not come from an exceptionally privileged background. I was not born to royalty or left an enormous inheritance. I was a middle class kid from St. Louis who knew how to work hard and dream big.

I worked hard all through school. One thing led to another and I found myself a graduate of one of the greatest business school's in the country with a good job. Over the years, I kept working hard, but my big dreams were limited by the scope of my position. I knew our company could be more than it was. I knew it could be one of the greatest in America, and one of the greatest in the world.

After spending my entire adult life at Procter & Gamble, I became its CEO. During my time as CEO, I oversaw the introduction of many new household products, the largest investment in product development the company had ever made, the acquisition of the greatest coffee brand in the country, and an enormous expansion of the company overseas. Today, Proctor & Gamble is worth four times as much as it was when I became CEO.

All of that was done by a normal, middle class kid from St. Louis.

Now, I brought the press here today by promising them a foreign policy speech, and I'll give them one. However, my beliefs about the world cannot be separated from the life I've lived. My life is a testament to everything the Commander-in-Chief is supposed to defend. Where else in the world can a middle class kid from an average sized city take a company into the Fortune 500? Nowhere. That's your answer.

And that is exactly why freedom's victory over communism is so important to me.

Communism is the only ideology in the world that tells people they were simply born to die and they'll make life as easy on you as possible. At the end of the day, that promise boils down to "we'll make sure you don't starve." The Soviets despise faith. They despise family. They despise our way of life.

However, why is it then, that our farmers are the only way the Soviets can feed their people? The way of life they seek to destroy is what feeds them. They attempt to bite the hand that literally feeds them.

I do not believe that President Nixon pushes the Soviets enough. His pursuit of detente, his desire for peace with America's enemies has blinded him to the incredible reliance the Soviet Union has on the United States. The Russians need us to keep from starving. As President, I will not accept any sort of arms reduction or arms freeze that does not eliminate the Soviet advantage among nuclear weapons.

I support a program that will protect farm incomes while putting pressure on the Soviets and expanding our global influence. Food is a valuable commodity across the globe. I support the federal government stepping up purchases of American grain and other food products, typically bound for the Soviet Union, and using it to feed the Third World, strengthen our alliances, and weaken the Soviet Union.

The fruits of our freedom are so bountiful that they can be shared with the world while increasing our farmers' standard of living.

President Nixon pursues agreement for agreement's sake. He does not seek to negotiate in the interest of freedom or in the interests of America. He assumes that any sort of deal that opens dialogue with the communists is a good deal.

As I said, I believe that the Commander-in-Chief has a duty to preserve freedom. Any agreement, on any issue should serve the interests of the free world and seek to reveal the weakness of communism.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 09:37:05 PM »

Romney endorses Morgens!
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 09:13:26 PM »

Nixon Ad: Crunch (airing in Arizona, Florida, and New Hampshire).

Clip of a group of women eating potato chips is shown.
Narrator: Procter and Gamble invented the Potato Chip.
Clip of women loudly eating chips shown again.
Narrator: Nixon went to China.
Clip of baby in diapers shown.
Narrator: Procter and Gamble invented diapers.

Narrator: But Nixon has cleaned up the mess here at home.

Narrator: Americans, who do you want as your President? A leader?

Narrator: Or a potato chip salesman.

Nixon went to China in February.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 08:59:39 PM »

Going to need an extension.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 09:05:54 PM »

Tomorrow at 2 or 3 Eastern time?
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 11:18:27 AM »

Morgens for America

January 16th
      -Visit field offices, thank volunteers, make calls
      -Knock on doors in Manchester

January 17th
      -Grand opening of State Election HQ in Manchester, NH
      -Rally at HQ
      -Hold Business Roundtable

January 18th
      -Speak at Chamber Meeting in Nashua
      -Barnstorm in Nashua
      -Hold house party with supports in Nashua

January 19th
      -Opening of a local HQ in Wolfesboro, NH
      -Townhall in Wolfesboro
      -House party with supporters in Wolfesboro

January 20th
      -Barnstorming in Concord, NH
      -Thank you party with volunteers in Concord, NH
      -Family time

January 21st
      -Barnstorming in Manchester, NH
      -Meetings with potential donors at State HQ
      -Phone calls with volunteers at State HQ
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 11:54:11 AM »

The Nixon campaign will participate in the Republican Primary debates.

Us too.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 11:54:17 PM »

About 20 minutes left before I go with the results.

I know it's lazy and bad, but I'd like to repeat my schedule from last week with changes to the town's. All New Hampshire, all the time.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 04:44:38 PM »

Withdrawing to endorse Ashbrook. Time is getting crunched and my heart isn't really in the campaign anymore.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 04:59:29 PM »

Withdrawing to endorse Ashbrook. Time is getting crunched and my heart isn't really in the campaign anymore.
Ashbrook already dropped out.

Goldwater, oops.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 12:12:14 AM »

Morgens Cuts Check and Runs
NIXON NOW MORE THAN EVER

Former presidential candidate and Procter & Gamble CEO Howard Morgens withdrew his support for Barry Goldwater Jr and endorsed President Richard Nixon.

"My campaign was about America's people and America's greatness. In the time since I ended my campaign, President Nixon has shown tremendous leadership, extraordinary vision, and resolute optimism about America's standing in at home and abroad. We have seen the President do the impossible: make negotiation work for America.

I will freely admit that I am a convert on this. As an opponent, I scoffed at and attacked President Nixon's efforts to achieve detente with certain Communist countries. But today, however, I recognize the President's brilliant and unlikely success in making America's position in the world stronger.

Looking back on it, I had the same feeling that no doubt many before me have felt. Why in the hell did I bet against Richard Nixon? It was a bad bet then, and it's a bad bet now. I consider it my distinct honor to throw my support behind President Nixon's re-election bid. I have written my first campaign contribution to the President and I assure him that if he keeps up the tremendous work, there will be more on its way."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies