Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:19:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 108600 times)
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« on: July 26, 2015, 11:28:24 PM »

Goldwater Jr. in '72!

(Goldwater Jr. announcing his run for president)
Good evening! Over the course of a few months I've put a lot of thought and prayer into this decision I have made, and I have as of four hours ago filed the proper paperwork to run for the great office of President of these United States.

Now I'm sure you are wondering why I of all people am running against President Nixon. Well, like many of you here I voted for him, for the promises that he gave, for American renewal, for ending the war in Vietnam, for stopping the excesses of government, for an improved economy. But instead the President has failed to deliver on his promises. Let's look at each of these promises that we, the "Silent Majority" voted for last election.

Over the course of the past few years we've seen increased bombing in Vietnam, and still our troops die at the hand of the VietCong in lands thousands of miles away from their home! All of this at the order of the President. The draft is still in place, sending young men to a foreign land to die without a choice! Instead we must let the Vietnamese fight their own battles, and while we may support their cause, our policy of helping them is all wrong, we need to work on a peace, rather than furthering death and destruction. This administration has instead put conquering the Vietnamese at a higher priority than making peace. Furthermore, we've seen these lies of this administration reported on through the recently revealed Pentagon Papers, yet the President still does not answer to us, his Silent Majority.

When it is not Vietnam, the president supports dictators in foreign lands over democratically elected leaders, when those leaders disagree with what the president wants! If we want to end this Cold War, we need allies that we can trust, not demagogues and theocrats! We need to talk with the Soviets and Chinese, open up trade, so that we all can benefit, and the common people in those countries will see us and want to be like us, free and democratic!

When it comes to his domestic policy, all we see are failures to meet the promises of the people who elected him. He promised to curb spending and government programs, to improve the economy for all, but instead he has only done the opposite. We have seen the government takeover of medicine, price controls and distortion of the economy, and the elimination of the Gold Standard. All of these things together, combined with the foreign wars will only lead to bankruptcy!

That is why I am running, to fulfill the promises of that this administration was elected on, making peace in Vietnam, restoring the economy through ways that work like tax cuts, budget restraints, and sound money. Not dictating how lives should be run, instead I am here to run for that silent majority that is being silenced! If we want America to remain the greatest country, a country of democracy and freedom, than we need a strong economy and a wise foreign policy, two things the president has worked against. The time to bring back the golden age of America is now, and I will obey the promises I have made to you.

Thank you, and god bless the United States of America.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 10:23:18 PM »

Goldwater Jr. Schedule
January 2nd, 1972:
Follow necessary steps to file for the New Hampshire primary.
Barnstorm in Manchester, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Manchester, New Hampshire
Set up New Hampshire HQ and Volunteers

January 3rd, 1972:
Fly to Tallahassee, Florida
Follow necessary steps to file for the Florida primary
Hold Town Hall in Tallahassee, Florida
Set up Florida HQ and Volunteers

January 4th, 1972:
Fly to Des Moines, Iowa
Hold Town Hall in Des Moines, Iowa
Meet and Greet after Town Hall
Set Up Iowa HQ and Volunteers

January 5th, 1972:
Rally and Speech at the University of Iowa
Barnstorming small towns throughout Iowa

January 6th, 1972:
Fly to Phoenix, Arizona
Barnstorm in Phoenix
Hold Town Hall in Phoenix with Senator Goldwater Sr.
Set up Arizona HQ and Volunteers (Senator Goldwater Sr. head of Arizona HQ)

January 7th, 1972:
Rally and Speech at University of Arizona with Senator Goldwater Sr.
Meet with students at UofA with Senator Goldwater Sr.
Barnstorm Tuscon, Arizona with Senator Goldwater Sr.

January 8th, 1972:
Barnstorm Tucson, Arizona with Senator Goldwater Sr.
Hold Town Hall in Tuscon, Arizona
Barnstorm outlying areas of Tuscon with Senator Goldwater Sr.

Endorsers:

Senator James Buckley (C-NY)

I'm proud to support Congressman Goldwater in his effort, he represents the principles at the heart of America, and the American people. People see his honesty, his integrity, and his commitment to making America better.

Senator Barry Goldwater Sr. (R-AZ)

I support my son in this effort to bring true American, conservative values to the White House. We have continued to see this degradation of the honor of the presidency, the broken promises, and the refusal to follow the will of the American people, and the disregard for the Constitution.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 11:49:44 AM »

Can we get an extension till midnight?
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 08:32:38 PM »

Goldwater Jr. in 72!

TV and Radio ad to run in IA, AZ, FL and NH:

Richard Nixon:"...In regards to Vietnam, must prevent such confrontations."

Richard Nixon: "I am talking not about marching feet but helping hands."

Richard Nixon campaigned against the war in Vietnam, yet here we are four years later, fighting an unending battle, with our boys dying every day. Where are the helping hands? I only see an unending march to war. This is not what we voted for Mr. President. Vote for a real Republican, one who keeps his promises, vote Barry Goldwater Jr.

Schedule:

Jan 9th:
Fundraiser in Flagstaff AZ
Barnstorm Flagstaff, AZ
Town Hall in Winslow, AZ

Jan 10th:
Barnstorm Flagstaff, AZ
Town Hall in Flagstaff, AZ
Meet and Greet in Flagstaff, AZ

Jan 12th:
Barnstorm Sedona, AZ
Barnstorm Clarkdale, AZ
Town Hall in Clarkdale, AZ

Voter: What is the biggest difference between you and President Nixon?

Goldwater: The difference is I keep my promise to my constituents, look at my voting record, I keep my promises to them, I am upheld to them, not my own personal gain. Compare this to the President who campaigned on restoring the economy, and pulling us out of Vietnam. Instead we've seen illegal actions in Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. We've also seen the rejected of the most solid monetary policy we've had, the gold standard.

Jan 13th:
Barnstorm Prescott, AZ
Town Hall in Prescott, AZ
Meet and Greet in Prescott, AZ

Jan 14th:
Barnstorm Phoenix, AZ
Rally and Speech in Phoenix with Senators Fannin and Goldwater, and Governor Williams

Jan 15th:
Meet and Greets throughout Phoenix, AZ
Fundraiser in Phoenix, AZ

Endorsements:
Senator Paul Fannin

Congressman Goldwater knows what it takes to be President, and know what is best for America right now, whereas the President seems to think he is not beholden to the people that elected him.
(Barnstorming AZ)

Governor Williams

If there's one person who I'd trust to run the country right now, it's Congressman Goldwater. He's smart, knows who he represents, and knows when to step back and let things handle themselves. He has my vote.
(Barnstorming AZ)

Fmr. Sec. of Def. Thomas S. Gates, Jr.

Foreign policy. That's a place where the President thinks he's the expert. Well I've served with the president in the Eisenhower cabinet, and he's no expert, and certainly no Eisenhower. I trust Goldwater with Foreign Policy, he follows a much more sensible approach.
(Barnstorming Iowa)

Past Endorsers:
Senator Goldwater: Barnstorming AZ, heading volunteers
Senator James Buckley: Barnstorming NH
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 05:43:29 PM »

Barry in '72!
Schedule:
Jan 16th-20th:
Meeting potential Donors in NY, CA, TX, AZ, NH and VA
Holding Fundraisers in respective states
Run Simple Newspaper Ads in local papers in AZ, IA, NH, and FL

Jan 21st:
Rally and Speech at Arizona State University
Meet and Greet at Arizona State University
Town hall at Arizona State University
Fundraiser in Tempe, AZ

Jan 22nd:
Rally and Speech at Northern Arizona University
Meet and Greet at Northern Arizona University
Town hall at Northern Arizona University
Fundraiser in Flagstaff, AZ

Endorsements:
Rep. John Jacob Rhodes (R-AZ)

I've served with Congressman Goldwater in congress, and I can say he knows how do get things done, and has done great things to work towards making our country great, and keeps his promises to his voters. I wholeheartedly endorse him. (Organizing Volunteers for Goldwater in AZ-01)

Rep. Sam Steiger (R-AZ)

If there's one thing I know, it's honesty. Congressman Goldwater is honest with the American people, the president is not. The president broke promises, and the law in expanding the Vietnam war. What we need is honesty and integrity in the White House, and Congressman Goldwater represents that. (Organizing Volunteers for Goldwater in AZ-03

Past Endorsers:
Senator Goldwater: Organizing AZ Campaign)
Senator James Buckley: (Barnstorming NH)
Senator Paul Fannin (Barnstorming AZ)
Governor Williams (Barnstorming AZ)
Fmr. Sec. of Def. Thomas S. Gates, Jr. (Barnstorming New Hampshire)
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 05:01:19 PM »

The Goldwater campaign will join the debate.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 11:26:47 AM »

I'll try and get my schedule up today, but just in case, may I ask for an extension as well.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 02:21:19 PM »

I will have my schedule up shortly.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 04:05:05 PM »

Goldwater Campaign Schedule:

Jan 23:
Organizing Volunteers and staff in AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Yuma, AZ
Town Hall in Yuma, AZ

Jan 24:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Fortuna Foothills, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Mohawk, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Dateland, AZ

Jan 25:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Theba, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Mobile, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Maricopa, AZ

Jan 26:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Casa Grande, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Chandler, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Gilbert, AZ

Jan 27:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Mesa
Barnstorming and GOTV in Tempe, AZ
Attend Carl Hayden's funeral in Tempe, AZ
Speak at Senator Hayden's memorial service in Tempe, AZ With Senators Goldwater and Fannin and Governor Williams

I can remember the first time I met Senator Hayden, it was on one of my father's first campaigns. The first thing I noticed when I met him was his composure, a kind and thoughtful man, a man my father held in high regards. Later on when I had a chance to speak in greater detail with him, I understood why. He was someone who truly cared about his state and the people who he represented. He was the model statesman, and I, along with all of Arizona will miss him.

Jan 28:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Scottsdale, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Glendale, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Phoenix, AZ

Jan 29:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Flagstaff, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Kayenta, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Red Mesa, AZ

Past Endorsers:
Rep. Sam Steiger (Barnstorming and leading staffers and volunteers in GOTV efforts in his district)
Rep. John Jacob Rhodes (Barnstorming and leading staffers and volunteers in GOTV efforts in his district)
Senator Goldwater: (Barnstorming and leading volunteers in GOTV in small towns across AZ)
Senator James Buckley: (Fundraising)
Senator Paul Fannin (Barnstorming and leading volunteers in GOTV in small towns across AZ)
Governor Williams (Barnstorming and GOTV in Phoenix and surrounding areas with volunteers)
Fmr. Sec. of Def. Thomas S. Gates, Jr. (Fundraising)

Goldwater Jr. GOTV Strategy:
  • Sending volunteers out to small towns, priority on those which Nixon ignored
  • Enlisting college students in volunteer work
  • Sending volunteers door to door with fliers highlighting Nixon's broken promises

Newspaper advertisements will continue in AZ, IA, FL, NH
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 08:44:11 PM »

Withdrawing to endorse Ashbrook. Time is getting crunched and my heart isn't really in the campaign anymore.
Ashbrook already dropped out.

Goldwater, oops.
Thank you for the endorsement, btw, when does this turn end?
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 10:27:03 PM »

Goldwater February Schedule:

Feb. 1 - Feb. 8:
Barnstorming New Hampshire with Morgens
Visiting every county in NH
Town Hall at end of everyday

Feb. 8 - Feb. 13:
Fundraising in NH, FL, CA, and NY

Feb. 14:
Celebrating Valentine's day in FL

Feb. 15 - Feb. 21:
Barnstorming Florida with Morgens
Visiting every Small towns in Florida
Town Hall at end of everyday

Feb. 21 - Feb. 28:
Barnstorming and GOTV in NH with Morgens

Past Endorsers:
Rep. Sam Steiger (Barnstorming and leading staffers and volunteers in GOTV efforts in NH)
Rep. John Jacob Rhodes (Barnstorming and leading staffers and volunteers in GOTV efforts in his NH)
Senator Goldwater: (Barnstorming and leading volunteers in GOTV in small towns across FL)
Senator Paul Fannin (Barnstorming and leading volunteers in GOTV in small towns across FL)
Governor Williams (Barnstorming and GOTV in NH)
Fmr. Sec. of Def. Thomas S. Gates, Jr. (Fundraising)

New Endorsers:

William F. Buckley
Nixon needs to go, he's becoming more like a democrat everyday, he's betrayed those who put him into office, instead we need a real Republican, and that's Barry Goldwater.
(Fundraising)

Robert Taft Jr.
It's clear to me that Nixon isn't the man he promised to be, he's betrayed the trust of the Republican party, and the American people. The one we can trust is Barry Goldwater.
(Barnstorming in NH)

Howard Morgens
While I cannot continue my campaign, I will trust in someone who can, someone who will bring economic success to this country, and someone you and I can trust, from here on, I support Barry Goldwater.
(Fundraising when not campaigning with Goldwater)

Newspaper ads and continual fliers given out by door-to-door volunteers and recruits

Debate Responses:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Look, obviously the fight for civil rights is an ongoing issue, but busing is just a waste of resources with no real benefit. We should not expect a great uproot of the familiar, instead it should be a gradual process, minds are not changed overnight. Schools should be integrated, but to bus students all over creation to create "diversity" is not a good enough answer to spend taxpayer money.

I am for a strong military, but that does not mean we should even have a draft. Military service should be voluntary, except in extreme circumstances. Given that this war in Vietnam isn't a declared war, and this administration has totally overstepped its bounds means that I would pardon draft dodgers! I would also bring back the troops! These endless wars will bankrupt our country, and these soldiers are coming back wounded in bodybags. Most of them were forced into it against their will, and that is not something I stand for, and I don't think that the rest of America supports coercion either.

If Nixon is the nominee that this party chooses, then I will not run as an independent, however, unless he makes some worthwhile changes in his administration, I will not actively campaign for him.

Obviously, I have made my position on the Vietnam police action quite clear, and it has been totally mismanaged. I will do my best to bring peace in Vietnam, the US should take more of an advisory role. If it is congress' will to continue the war then they should put the war to a vote then get in, win the war and get out. But it is not the US's job to be the world's policemen. We Republicans were elected to get out of the war in Vietnam, and unlike the president, if elected, that will be my top priority.

MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 07:50:50 PM »

Hey, I've been really busy with work, can I get an extension?
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 10:20:06 PM »

Goldwater Campaign Schedule:

March 1:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Nashua, NH
Barnstorm and GOTV in Manchester, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Manchester, New Hampshire

March 2:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Dover, NH
Town Hall in Dover, NH
Meet and Greet in surrounding areas

March 3:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Rochester, NH
Barnstorming and GOTV in Concord, NH
Rally and speech in Concord, NH

Richard Nixon has turned his back on his party, on his promises, and the people who voted for him! He does not deserve the trust of this party, or the American people! We need someone who keeps their promises, who will represent his "silent majority." Well this majority isn't so silent now! We've got to make it clear that it is us, that the president is held accountable to!

March 4:

Barnstorming and GOTV in Salem, NH
Town Hall in Salem, NH
Barnstorming and GOTV in Amherst, NH

March 5:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Conway, NH
Meet and Greet in Conway, NH
Barnstorming and GOTV in Berlin, NH
Town Hall in Berlin, NH

March 6:

Barnstorming and GOTV in Atkinson, NH
Barnstorming and GOTV in Pembroke, NH
Barnstorming and GOTV in Laconia, NH0

March 7:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Concord, NH
Barnstorming and GOTV in Manchester, NH
Barnstorming and GOTV in Nashua, NH
Rally and Speech in Nashua, NH

Endorsers:
Rep. Sam Steiger (Barnstorming and leading staffers and volunteers in GOTV efforts in NH)
Rep. John Jacob Rhodes (Barnstorming and leading staffers and volunteers in GOTV efforts in his NH)
Senator Goldwater: (Barnstorming and leading volunteers in GOTV in small towns across NH)
Senator Paul Fannin (Barnstorming and leading volunteers in GOTV in small towns across NH)
Governor Williams (Barnstorming and GOTV in NH)
Fmr. Sec. of Def. Thomas S. Gates, Jr. (Barnstorming and GOTV in NH)
William F. Buckley: (Barnstorming and GOTV in NH)
Robert Taft Jr.: (Barnstorming and GOTV in NH)
Howard Morgens: (Barnstorming and GOTV in NH)

Newspaper ads and continual fliers given out by door-to-door volunteers and recruits

TV and Radio Ad to run in New Hampshire and Florida:
There's only one person that stands between Richard Nixon and the Republican nomination. That's you. There's only two candidates left in this race, and you need to make the choice. There's a candidate who has lied, cheated and broken promises once elected. The other has stood up for the constitution, the people he represents, and stands upon his word. Richard Nixon broke his promises for Vietnam, Richard Nixon broke his promise when he said he would reign in government waste. The only candidate left that keeps his promises needs your help, Barry Goldwater needs your help to show the president that he is held accountable, by you the people that put him in office. So come election day vote for the candidate that represents you and the Republican Party, vote Barry Goldwater Jr.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 12:28:40 AM »

So is this extended to tomorrow?
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2015, 08:24:44 PM »

Goldwater Jr in '72: The Candidate for You

March 8th:
Fly to Lincoln, IL
Organize Write-In Campaign
Town Hall in Lincoln, IL
Fly to Pensacola, FL

March 9th:
Town Hall in Pensacola
Barnstorm and GOTV in Pensacola, FL and Surrounding Areas
Barnstorm and GOTV in Panama City, FL and Surrounding Areas

March 10th:
Town Hall in Tallahassee, FL
Barnstorm and GOTV in Tallahassee, FL and Surrounding Areas
Barnstorm and GOTV in Gainesville, FL and Surrounding Areas
Barnstorm and GOTV in Daytona Beach, FL and Surrounding Areas

March 11th:
Town Hall in Saint Augustine, FL
Barnstorm and GOTV in Saint Augustine, FL and Surrounding Areas
Barnstorm and GOTV in Jacksonville, FL and Surrounding Areas
Rally in Jacksonville, FL

March 12th:
Town Hall in Orlando, FL
Barnstorm and GOTV in Orlando, FL and Surrounding Areas
Barnstorm and GOTV in Kissimmee, FL and Surrounding Areas

March 13th:
Town Hall in Tampa, FL
Barnstorm and GOTV in Tampa, FL and Surrounding Areas
Barnstorm and GOTV in Saint Petersburg, FL and Surrounding Areas
Barnstorm and GOTV in Sarasota, FL and Surrounding Areas

March 14th:

Barnstorm and GOTV in Fort Myers, FL and Surrounding Areas
Barnstorm and GOTV in Boca Raton, FL and Surrounding Areas
Barnstorm and GOTV in Fort Lauderdale, FL and Surrounding Areas
Barnstorm and GOTV in Miami, FL and Surrounding Areas
Hold Election Night party in Miami

Run Previous ad in FL, IL, SC, MO

Endorsers
Rep. Sam Steiger (Barnstorming and leading staffers and volunteers in GOTV efforts in FL)
Rep. John Jacob Rhodes (Barnstorming and leading staffers and volunteers in GOTV efforts in his FL)
Senator Goldwater: (Barnstorming and leading volunteers in GOTV in small towns across FL)
Senator Paul Fannin (Barnstorming and leading volunteers in GOTV in small towns across FL)
Governor Williams (Barnstorming and GOTV in FL)
Fmr. Sec. of Def. Thomas S. Gates, Jr. (Barnstorming and GOTV in FL)
William F. Buckley: (Barnstorming and GOTV in FL)
Robert Taft Jr.: (Barnstorming and GOTV in FL)
Howard Morgens: (Barnstorming and GOTV in FL)
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 12:33:43 AM »

Sorry, been so busy with school, Goldwater Jr. will be barnstorming Wisconsin and fundraising with all his surrogates.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 02:49:33 PM »

Yes, I am still in this, and I'll have my schedule up shortly, school has been overly busy for me.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 03:53:21 PM »

Goldwater Jr. in 72, The Candidate For You!

Goldwater will file for both the Pennsylvania and Massachusetts primaries.

Wednesday, March 22, 1972
Fly to Charleston, SC
Hold Rally/Fundraiser in Charleston, SC
Meet and Greet after Rally/Fundraiser
Barnstorm Charleston, SC

Thank you for all of your support! Together we will work together to show that the president is beholden to his promises, and we the people that put him in office! I urge everyone of you to spread the word to your friends as we continue this fight, let us continue the fight for liberty, and the fight against executive privilege!

Thursday, March 23, 1972
Meet and Greet in Myrtle Beach, SC
Barnstorm Conway, SC
Town Hall in Dillion, SC

Friday, March 24, 1972
Town Hall and Rally in Florence, SC
Meet and Greet in Sumter, SC
Barnstorm Camden, SC

Saturday, March 25, 1972
Hold Rally/Fundraiser in Columbia, SC
Barnstorm Columbia, SC

Sunday, March 26, 1972
Fly to Saint Louis, MO
Hold Rally/Fundraiser in Saint Louis, MO
Barnstorm Saint Louis, MO

Monday, March 27, 1972
Meet and Greet in Farmington, MO
Barnstorm Poplar Bluff, MO
Town Hall in Lebanon, MO

Tuesday, March 28, 1972
Rally/Fundraiser in Springfield, MO
Town Hall in Columbia, MO
Speech in Kansas City, MO
Meet and Greet after speech

Wednesday, March 29, 1972
Fly to Greenville, SC
Town Hall and Speech in Greenville, SC
Barnstorm Greenville, SC
Speech at Clemson University
Rally Student Volunteers

Thursday, March 30, 1972
Barnstorm and GOTV in Clemson, SC
Barnstorm and GOTV in Greenville, SC
Barnstorm and GOTV in Spartanburg, SC
Barnstorm and GOTV in Rock Hill, SC
Watch returns in Columbia, SC

Friday, March 31, 1972
Fly to Milwaukee, WI
Rally and Fundraiser in Milwaukee, WI
Barnstorm and GOTV in Milwaukee, WI
Speech at Marquette University

Saturday, April 01, 1972
Barnstorm and GOTV in Janesville, WI
Barnstorm and GOTV in Madison, WI
Barnstorm and GOTV in Madison, WI Suburbs

Sunday, April 02, 1972
Barnstorm and GOTV in Wisconsin Dells, WI
Barnstorm and GOTV in Oshkosh, WI
Barnstorm and GOTV in Appleton, WI

Monday, April 03, 1972
Barnstorm and GOTV in Green Bay, WI
Speech at Lambeau Stadium
Meet and Greet after Speech
Fundraising in Green Bay, WI

Tuesday, April 04, 1972
Barnstorm and GOTV in Wausau, WI
Barnstorm and GOTV in Eau Claire, WI
Barnstorm and GOTV in Madison, WI
Watch Returns in Madison, WI

Endorsers
Rep. Sam Steiger (Barnstorming and leading staffers and volunteers in GOTV efforts in WI)
Rep. John Jacob Rhodes (Barnstorming and leading staffers and volunteers in GOTV efforts in his MO)
Senator Goldwater: (Barnstorming and leading volunteers in GOTV in small towns across SC)
Senator Paul Fannin (Barnstorming and leading volunteers in GOTV in small towns across SC)
Governor Williams (Barnstorming and GOTV in MO)
Fmr. Sec. of Def. Thomas S. Gates, Jr. (Barnstorming and GOTV in WI)
William F. Buckley: (Barnstorming and GOTV in SC)
Robert Taft Jr.: (Barnstorming and GOTV in WI)
Howard Morgens: (Fundraising, Barnstorming and GOTV in WI)

Note: Once MO and SC Caucuses finish, all endorsers focus on WI.

Run Previous ad in radio form in MO, SC and WI

MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 07:20:44 PM »

Morgens Cuts Check and Runs
NIXON NOW MORE THAN EVER

Former presidential candidate and Procter & Gamble CEO Howard Morgens withdrew his support for Barry Goldwater Jr and endorsed President Richard Nixon.

"My campaign was about America's people and America's greatness. In the time since I ended my campaign, President Nixon has shown tremendous leadership, extraordinary vision, and resolute optimism about America's standing in at home and abroad. We have seen the President do the impossible: make negotiation work for America.

I will freely admit that I am a convert on this. As an opponent, I scoffed at and attacked President Nixon's efforts to achieve detente with certain Communist countries. But today, however, I recognize the President's brilliant and unlikely success in making America's position in the world stronger.

Looking back on it, I had the same feeling that no doubt many before me have felt. Why in the hell did I bet against Richard Nixon? It was a bad bet then, and it's a bad bet now. I consider it my distinct honor to throw my support behind President Nixon's re-election bid. I have written my first campaign contribution to the President and I assure him that if he keeps up the tremendous work, there will be more on its way."

Cheesy

Is this allowed? Also when does this turn end?
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 02:41:36 PM »

Goldwater Jr is suspending his campaign and withholding his endorsement until a later time, he asks his supporters to vote for him in any future primaries or caucuses. He will now run for reelection to his House seat, and will also consider running in 1974 for senate.

OOC: it's been a great run and I'd like to contribute more but school has been rough this semester so I can't put in the time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies