Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:59:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 107456 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: March 14, 2016, 11:59:53 AM »

Can I have Arkansas, Tennessee, South Carolina and Nevada polling please.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1176 on: March 14, 2016, 12:28:15 PM »

Certainly:

Gallup Polls:

Arkansas:

Richard Nixon/Sam Yorty: 36%
John Schmitz/John Rarick: 35%
Ed Muskie/Birch Bayh: 25%
Undecided: 4%

Tennessee:

Richard Nixon/Sam Yorty: 41%
John Schmitz/John Rarick: 31%
Ed Muskie/Birch Bayh: 23%

South Carolina:

Richard Nixon/Sam Yorty: 39%
John Schmitz/John Rarick: 33%
Ed Muskie/Birch Bayh: 23%

Nevada:

Richard Nixon/Sam Yorty: 48%
Ed Muskie/Birch Bayh: 39%
John Schmitz/John Rarick: 9%
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #1177 on: March 15, 2016, 09:00:34 PM »

When does this turn end?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1178 on: March 15, 2016, 09:05:10 PM »

By schedule, tomorrow night.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1179 on: March 16, 2016, 01:22:29 PM »

Could we possibly get an extension? Spiral and I are both pretty busy with academics as of late. I hope this isn't an inconvenience.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1180 on: March 16, 2016, 01:34:48 PM »

I also ask for an extension, I have not slept well this week and school has been pretty busy.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1181 on: March 16, 2016, 07:56:47 PM »

Saturday it is. It also gives me time to properly research a player request.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1182 on: March 18, 2016, 10:34:29 PM »

Meany: I refuse to endorse in 72'

Powerful AFL-CIO President George Meany spoke to the press today in New York City regarding the 1972 Presidential Election, a contest that has seen significant shifts in the past few weeks. Meany, whom some expected could make a last minute endorsement to sway union voters to one of the candidates bluntly declared he was not offering his support to any of the contenders, expressing his discontent with Henry Kissinger and the Nixon Administration's current negotiation process with North Vietnam, as well as the anti-war stance taken up by the Democratic Party for the election year.

Standing up by his endorsement of Mayor Sam Yorty in the later stages of the Democratic Primary Mr. Meany defended his character, his stances on the unions and anti-communism and denounced the tirade of attacks against the Mayor, being particularly vicious against Congressman John G. Schmitz's ads linking Yorty to the Communist Party in the 1930's. Mr. Meany also spoke positively of Senator Ed Muskie - whom he almost endorsed back in the primary - on his pro-labor record, while expressing his misgivings by the increasingly loud calls from inside the Democratic Party to end the war.

Ultimately, the AFL-CIO President 's refusal to endorse a candidate is likely to prevent what could have been a coup across the industrial Midwest to any candidate he might have endorsed, but it comes off as some welcomed support for Senator Muskie and Mayor Yorty's records. Polling shows union voters as seriously considering both the Democratic and Republican tickets, with the independent effort of John Schmitz far behind despite George Wallace's attempts at highlighting Schmitz's stance on the unions.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1183 on: March 18, 2016, 11:01:57 PM »

I'll have my schedule up tomorrow afternoon.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1184 on: March 19, 2016, 07:30:18 PM »

Bayh Campaign Schedule:  September 23, 1972 - September 29, 1972

Sunday, Sep 23:  IOWA
Clarinda - Rally in Town Square on "Small Town America in Our Declining Economy"
Des Moines - Lecture at Drake University on "The Over-reach of Government with the Draft"
Iowa City - Lunch with Voters at Hamburg Inn No 2
          - "GOTV" Campaign

Monday,  Sep 24:  MICHIGAN
Ann Arbor - Rally on "Protecting Labor Rights + Safety"
Detroit - Rally with Labor Members on "Fair Wages For Men and Women"
Flint - Town Hall on "Let's Understand Busing"
Grand Rapids - GOTV with Union Members and College Students

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Tuesday, Sep 25:  ILLINOIS
Chicago - Rally at University of Chicago on "Protecting Voting Rights in The 26th Amendment"
Springfield - Barnstorming
Joliet - Town Hall on "Protecting the Rights to Unionize Among Farm Workers"

Chicago, IL

Wednesday, Sep 26:  INDIANA
Indianapolis - Rally on "Social Security: Protect Our Seniors"
Gary - Barnstorming with Fellow Indiana Democrats
Michigan City - Town Hall on "Healthcare - A Needed Privlege"
Bloomington - Get Out The Vote Campaign with Younger Voters + Their Families

Thursday, Sep 27: INDIANA/MISSORI
South Bend - Rally on "Reviewing Social Services and their Qualities"
St. Louis - Rally on "Younger Voters - The Future Depends On You"
Kansas City - Rally on "Building Bridges, Not Burning Them"
Springfield - Town Hall Speech

Friday, Sep 28: TEXAS
Galveston - Rally on "Making The Economy Work - For The Many, Not The Few"
Austin - Q+A on Vietnam, "Why We Must Get Out"
Houston - Town Hall
Oak Point - Rally on "What President Muskie will do for you"

Austin, TX

Saturday, Sep 29: TEXAS
Dallas - Rally on "Southeast Asia: We Must Get Out"
El Paso - Barnstorming
San Antonio - Town Hall on "Peace with Honor, and actual Peace!"
Ft. Worth - Rally on "Tax Reform: Stop Shifting The Tax Burden to the Working People"

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1185 on: March 19, 2016, 07:32:52 PM »

Considering there's less than three hours left I can grant another extension (also to my benefit, it's been a very exhausting week for me), but I'd prefer it if it was requested by a player.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1186 on: March 19, 2016, 07:34:00 PM »

I ask for an extension for your benefit!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1187 on: March 19, 2016, 07:38:17 PM »

Good man. Monday it is!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1188 on: March 19, 2016, 07:40:40 PM »

Thank god. Thanks Spiral and Lumine.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1189 on: March 19, 2016, 07:42:23 PM »

Thanks, I literally just opened up Word to open up my schedule! Tongue
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1190 on: March 19, 2016, 07:43:12 PM »

YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #1191 on: March 19, 2016, 07:52:28 PM »

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1192 on: March 19, 2016, 08:03:26 PM »

Gallup Polls:

Illinois

Richard Nixon/Sam Yorty: 49%
Ed Muskie/Birch Bayh: 48%
John Schmitz/John Rarick: 2%
Undecided: 2%

Texas

Richard Nixon/Sam Yorty: 46%
Ed Muskie/Birch Bayh: 39%
John Schmitz/John Rarick: 10%
Undecided: 6%

Michigan

Richard Nixon/Sam Yorty: 47%
Ed Muskie/Birch Bayh: 46%
John Schmitz/John Rarick: 4%
Undecided: 3%

Pennsylvania

Richard Nixon/Sam Yorty: 49%
Ed Muskie/Birch Bayh: 44%
John Schmitz/John Rarick: 4%
Undecided: 3%
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1193 on: March 21, 2016, 12:35:59 PM »

Sam Yorty Campaign Schedule: September 23-30

September 23
-Town Hall in West Memphis, AR
-Town Hall in Forrest City, AR
-Town Hall in Hot Springs Village, AR
-Meeting with factory workers in Springsdale, AR
-Meeting with local activists in Jonesboro, AR

You and your family might have anxiety about your jobs, about how you'll put food on the table for your kids. A lot of you may have faced hard times throughout your lives. I know how it feels. When I grew up, my family didn't have a whole lot of money. I had to work plenty of part-time jobs in my formative years so we could get by. What we did have was a whole lot of love. The President was the same: He was just a little Quaker kid without much but a loving and supportive family. This administration wants to protect the family, grow people's wages, and give children access to the opportunities that led President Nixon and I to where we are. It can be done, folks, and all it takes is a team effort. That team is the United States of America. We're really all in this together if you think about it, no matter who you are.

September 24
-Town Hall in Malvern, AR
-Town Hall in Centerton, AR
-Town Hall in Mountain Home, AR
-Rally and Voter Registration in Rogers, AR
-Rally and Voter Registration in North Little Rock, AR

Many of you here might be tempted by Congressman Schmitz. I understand that. In a year with a lot of anger, he might be pretty appealing. Here's the thing, though: Schmitz can't win. He can have the South all locked up and lose in a landslide in every other state. If you want to bring the biggest bang for your buck with your vote, you have only two choices. Now, you can look at a guy like Ed Muskie: pro-busing, weak on crime, weak on national security. Not so great, right? Luckily, you have one choice left, and that's the President. For all our challenges, here's a man who's stood firm and worked every day to bring about real changes. He'll work to halt busing and improve your kid's education. He wants more police on the streets, not more appeasement. Also, he's the only man with a vision for this country on the world stage. Laying it all out, I think the choice is pretty clear. We'll be strong once more if you elect President Nixon to another four years.

September 25
-Town Hall in DeSoto, TX
-Town Hall in Flower Mound, TX
-Meeting with ranchers in Grand Prairie, TX
-Meeting with local activists in Plano, TX
-Rally and Voter Registration in El Paso, TX

Gotta say, Muskie's team has been giving a strong effort here in the Lone Star State. You know what that means, though? Y'all have to work twice as hard as before! We have neighborhoods out there that have barely been touched by past campaigns. We have thousands and thousands of people here in the state who likely have never voted and never gotten the proper motivation. This election, we have to give them that motivation! This campaign is about pushing our way back to a strong, secure, and optimistic nation. We have our opponents to the left and right of us. They may have biting words, but what they don't have is leadership. That's what we need more than anything right now. So, please, I ask of all of you to get out there and make this campaign count! Thank you!

September 26
-Town Hall in Moline, IL
-Town Hall in Buffalo Grove, IL
-Town Hall in Carol Stream, IL
-Rally and Voter Registration in Waukegan, IL
-Rally and Voter Registration in Rockford, IL

Here in Illinois, I see the same troubles that I see across the country. It may be a few shades different, but Americans all want to see high-paying jobs, safe streets, and quality schools. President Nixon inherited quite a mess when he took over four years ago, we can't deny that. Think about what he's had to juggle: a war in Vietnam, social unrest, massive inflation, and a whole host of other problems on top. No one man can make things perfect, folks, but I've seen President Nixon up close and he understands where we have to go from here. You see, we can't afford to change course now that we're beginning to pick up again. You listen to Ed Muskie rail against the administration every day, but ask yourself this: What's his plan? Where are his details? What kind of record does he have? He says "get out of Vietnam" but doesn't go much deeper than that. He wants quality healthcare for everyone--and we all do! But, again, what's the meat behind that? I look at Senator Muskie's record and I see a guy who promises a lot but just can't deliver. Let's not make the mistake of electing another one of those fellas in Washington!

September 27
-Town Hall in Clayton, MO
-Town Hall in Concord, MO
-Town Hall in Old Jamestown, MO
-Meeting with farmers in Florissant, MO
-Meeting with union leaders in St. Louis, MO

September 28
-Town Hall in Coos Bay, OR
-Town Hall in Central Point, OR
-Meeting with ranchers in Grants Pass, OR
-Meeting with local activists in Eugene, OR
-Rally and Voter Registration in Portland, OR

Hello, Oregon! I wanna begin by saying this: All too often we see divides in our country. We have big-city politicians who don't give a hoot about the farmer or about other working men. They don't know them, they don't see them, but they think they can dictate how their lives are run. I want to tell you right here that you've had enough of that! Now, some of you may be skeptical and say, "Gosh, Yorty, how can a guy like Richard Nixon relate to me?" Well, he grew up not too far away from here, in rural California. He didn't have much at all when he was a young one. He grew up on a ranch with his parents and many siblings. They were dirt poor and hardship was everywhere. With determination and a little bit of luck, he was able to escape that cycle of poverty and make something of himself. So, when I see our opponents attack Nixon as some sort of out-of-touch elitist, always remember that people aren't far from their roots. He understands you and he wants to give this country opportunities so that you and your children can really live this American dream.

September 29
-Town Hall in Hazel Dell, WA
-Town Hall in Centralia, WA
-Town Hall in Graham, WA
-Meeting with local activists in Belleuve, WA
-Rally and Voter Registration in Vancouver, WA

September 30
-Town Hall in Stevens Point, WI
-Town Hall in Mequon, WI
-Meeting with activists in Racine, WI
-Meeting with union leaders in Green Bay, WI
-Rally and Voter Registration in Kenosha, WI

I saw Mr. Meany's comments earlier about the race. I'm glad he complimented my record as well as our friends in the Democratic Party. That should tell you that everywhere you look, this race is far from over. Some of the pundits in the media may assume that labor is all locked up for Democrats like usual, but like many events this year, conventional wisdom has been thrown out the window! Look, the President and I are reaching out to all Americans because we represent all of you once we're in the White House. We can't turn a blind eye just because you don't tend to support us. This administration wants to protect and strengthen standards in the workplace so that workers get a fair shake. This doesn't mean that we have to be hostile to business at the same time, though. Too many believe it's either-or, but we've been looking to find a balance and we'll continue to do that if you give us four more years. Reach out to your buddies at work and in your unions, spread the message about this campaign. We stand firmly behind working Americans.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1194 on: March 21, 2016, 01:43:38 PM »

IT IS TIME FOR JOHN G. SCHMITZ

"Our nation is in trouble. Our nation that once supported God, is now getting God out of the public square. We are loosing our rights in the constitution every day whether it's to a government agent or a Supreme Court Justice. We, here at the Deseret News, believe that there is only one man who stands for Mormon Principles of hard work, integrity and family values. We need a President that will adhere to the constitution, not a President that will take away our rights to worship our savior Jesus Christ in school or legalize abortion. We need a president who will believe in the power of the individual and not the collective. We here at the Deseret News urge all Mormons in the United States, to vote for the only candidate for President that shares your principles and values. We urge you to vote for John G. Schmitz."

The Deseret News, is the oldest newspaper in Utah and the largest paper in the state of Utah. It is owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

This message is being printed in the Sunday circulation of the paper.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1195 on: March 21, 2016, 05:57:25 PM »

This still ends tonight, in about three hours.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1196 on: March 21, 2016, 05:59:12 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2016, 06:06:31 PM by Classic Conservative »

SCHMITZ CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE

September 23, 1972

Congressman Schmitz, held an early morning town hall in Paragould, Arkansas where he was endorsed by Former Congressman and Former Southern Baptist Convention President Brook Hays. Schmitz spoke about family values, the economy, agriculture, southern issues and busing.

He later held a rally in Jacksonville, Arkansas where he spoke about busing, southern issues, the Confederate Flag and the constitution.

Congressman Schmitz, later held a rally with citizens of Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana in Texarkana, Arkansas where he spoke about getting the government out of ranchers lives, protecting the constitution, economic populism, busing and agriculture.

Congressman Schmitz, later held a town hall in Crossett, Arkansas where he spoke about busing, the confederate flag, prayer in school and Vietnam.

Congressman Schmitz held his first evening rally with Governor George Wallace in Hot Springs, Arkansas where he spoke about law and order, southern issues, busing and the economy.

Schmitz later held the last rally of the evening in Pine Bluff, Arkansas where he spoke about busing, social issues, law and order, manufacturing, the economy and agriculture.

September 24, 1972

Congressman Schmitz attended a church service at a local Mormon Temple in Provo, Utah. He spoke about the constitution, getting to be a moral people again, family values and prayer in public schools. He later attended coffee hour and spoke with congregants.

He later held a town hall in Green River, Utah where he spoke about ranching, getting land back to the state, family values and the economy.

Congressman Schmitz later held a town hall in Bluff, Utah where he answered questions about school prayer, morality, the economy and agriculture.

Schmitz later held a rally in Garden City, Utah where he talked about school prayer, abortion, taxes, the constitution and busing.

Congressman Schmitz, later held a town hall event at Brigham Young University and answered questions about religion in the public sphere, the constitution and the economy. He later talked to a politics class, he also opened up the Students for Schmitz offices at BYU which already has over 50 members.

Congressman Schmitz held a late night rally in Salt Lake City, where he spoke about family values, the economy, busing and other issues.

September 25, 1972

Congressman Schmitz, held an early morning town hall in Cookeville, Tennessee where he spoke about busing, southern issues, manufacturing, the economy and the confederate flag.

He later held a rally in Dayton, Tennessee at the site of the Scopes Trial. He talked about how students should be able to learn about creation in public school and prayer in school. He was joined by advocates of the Butler Act.

Congressman Schmitz later held a town hall in Germantown, Tennessee where he answered questions about busing, forced integration and agricultural subsidies.

He later held a meet and greet in Bristol, Tennessee where he spoke about busing, the economy and creating a simple tax that will lower every single person's taxes.

Congressman Schmitz held his first rally of the evening in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee where he spoke about busing, the economy, agriculture and states rights. He also stressed the importance of law and order and praised the police for dealing with the hooligans and drug dealers that are raiding our streets and communities.

Schmitz held a late night rally in Nashville, Tennessee at the rally he spoke about manufacturing and how we should bring jobs back into our country and away from the Orient, he also spoke about law and order, busing and family values. He was introduced by different country musicians from the area.

September 26, 1972

Congressman Schmitz held a town hall in Westminster, South Carolina where he spoke about the economy, the confederate flag, states rights, busing and the constitution.

He later held a rally in Tuckertown, South Carolina where he spoke about busing, southern issues and family values.

Schmitz later met with campaign volunteers at a campaign headquarters in Blacksburg, South Carolina. Schmitz spoke about how the campaign has over 5,000 volunteers in South Carolina and has knocked on over 70,000 doors since February.

He later held a rally in Spartanburg, South Carolina he spoke about jobs, freedom, the constitution, agriculture, family values amongst other issues.

Schmitz held a town hall in Rock Hill, South Carolina where he spoke about busing, southern issues, law and order, the economy and family values.

Schmitz quickly hooped the border and held a campaign rally in Concord, North Carolina at a local convention center. He spoke about manufacturing, jobs, southern issues, family values and busing.

September 27, 1972

Congressman Schmitz held a rally in Pensacola, Florida where he spoke about southern issues, faith and family, prayer in school amongst other issues.

He later held a town hall in Quincy, Florida where he answered questions about the economy, faith and family, busing, prayer in school and the gold standard.

Schmitz held a rally at an orange grove in Orlando, Florida where he spoke about agriculture, busing, and other economic issues including the gold standard and low taxes

He later held a rally in Robins, Georgia where he spoke about agriculture, the economy, busing, southern issues and faith and family values.

Schmitz held a town hall in Griffin, Georgia where he spoke about family values, conservative principles, busing, the economy and Wallace's endorsement.

Schmitz later drove to Auburn, Alabama where he held a rally with Governor Wallace. Schmitz talked about busing, southern issues, Wallace's endorsement and law and order amongst other issues.

September 28, 1972

Congressman Schmitz held an early morning town hall event in Lake Charles, Louisiana where he spoke about busing, southern issues, family values and the constitution.

He also held a rally in Marksville, Louisiana where he spoke about law and order, family values and others important issues.

Congressman Schmitz held a town hall in Baton Rogue, Louisiana where he spoke about law and order and the hooligans in our streets, prayer and school amongst other issues.

Schmitz later held a rally in Hattiesburg, Mississippi where he spoke about busing, law and order, the confederate flag and social issues.

Schmitz met with union workers at a factory in Waynesboro, Mississippi and held a town hall with the workers there. He answered questions about his stance on unions, manufacturing, and busing.

Congressman Schmitz held a rally in Jackson, Mississippi at a convention center where he spoke about busing, the confederate flag and how our current president is a totalitarian.

September 29, 1972

Congressman Schmitz, held a town hall in Salmon, Idaho where he spoke about energy, returning land back to the states and Taiwan.

Schmitz later held a rally in Idaho Falls, Idaho where he spoke about returning our land to the people, getting rid of the EPA, family values and agriculture.

He later held a town hall in Jerome, Idaho where he answered questions about faith and family, oil and gas, agriculture and the constitution.

Schmitz held a rally in Island Park, Idaho where he spoke about oil and gas and getting the government out of our industries and getting rid of the clean air and water act, he also spoke about family values and the constitution.

Schmitz held a town hall in Pony, Montana where he spoke about abolishing the EPA, protecting gun rights, family values and getting back to our constitutional beginnings.

Congressman Schmitz held a rally in Helena, Montana during the rally he spoke about ranching, gun rights, busing and family values.

September 30, 1972

Congressman Schmitz, held a town hall in Searcy, Arkansas where he talked about busing, southern issues, family values and the economy.

Schmitz later held a rally in Fordyce, Arkansas where he talked about prayer in school, busing, agriculture and other issues.

He later held a meet and greet in Pocahontas, Arkansas where he met with voters and talked to them about the economy, busing and other important issues.

Schmitz held a rally in Rogers, Arkansas where he spoke about busing, the tenth admendment, law and order and the economy.

Schmitz later held a town hall in Conway, Arkansas where he spoke about busing, law and order, the economy and agriculture.

Schmitz held a late night rally in Little Rock, Arkansas there he spoke about standing for the working man and morality, he also spoke about the tenth admendment, law and order and busing.

Ellis Y. Berry
South Dakota Congressman
"Today, I am endorsing John Schmitz for President! John is a true conservative, who fights for his values and will never back down no matter how unpopular they are. We need a true leader and someone who shares our South Dakota Values in the Presidency and that's why, I endorsing Congressman Schmitz."

Brook Hays
Former Arkansas Congressman and Southern Baptist Convention President
"It's time for faith voters to rally around Congressmen Schmitz and Rarick. Schmitz is the only candidate in this race who will fight for family values and against busing. We need a strong moral man in the presidency and that's why, Schmitz has my vote!"
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1197 on: March 21, 2016, 06:33:31 PM »

Saturday, September 23rd, 1972.
-Attending Presidential duties in Washington and focusing on working with the Senate to confirm the nomination of William Scranton to be the interim Vice President.

Sunday, September 24th, 1972.
-Lobbying Senators individually in the Oval Office to work on the nomination of William Scranton to the Vice Presidency.

Monday, September 25th, 1972.
-Rally in Ann Arbor, Michigan with Congressman Gerald Ford.
-Rally in Grand Rapids, Michigan with Congressman Gerald Ford.
-Rally in Flint, Michigan with Congressman Gerald Ford.

"My opponents have attacked me from both the right and from the left. Do not mistake me to be a centrist; I am, and have been, a clear cut, common sense conservative. I define my policies and my ultimate goals by one sentence: government for the people, by the people. And so, my message to the American people is cut crystal clear: we must hang together or we must hang seperately. We must unite as a nation so we can achieve peace with China, so we can eliminate the threat of nuclear anihilation, so we can open doors that for too long have been shut, and so that every American can receive a hand up instead of a hand down. We must rise above the petty politics of Congressman Schmitz and Senator Muskie and unite as a nation, and make our voice clear: hope is stronger than fear! Unity is stronger than discord! That a helping hand is stronger than a bomb-throwing hand! That is my message! That is why I returned to politics-to bring this nation together! And our work is not done, our mission is not complete, and the wounds of the last decade are not healed until we send a message at the ballot box that the politics of fear and loathing will not dampen the ever shining beacon of American democracy!"

Tuesday, September 26th, 1972.
-Rally in Janesville, Wisconsin.
-Rally in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
-Rally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Wednesday, September 27th, 1972.
-Rally in Canton, Ohio.
-Rally in Akron, Ohio.
-Rally in Toledo, Ohio.
"My friends, look at our accomplishments. We have strived to bring the longest war to a close. We have opened China after decades of darkness. We have cleaned our air and purified our water. We have pushed repeatedly to delegate as much power as possible from Pennsylvania Avenue to the State Houses. While Senator Muskie has repeatedly put ambition before his constituents and country, and while Congressman Schmitz has focused on ideological wild goose chases, we have pushed for results. But we aren't finished yet. We will achieve peace with honor. We will end busing. We will restore faith in government, and at the next vacancy, we will even put a women on the highest court in the land. Let's not change horses mid-stream. Let's keep the fight up and let's keep getting results!"

Thursday, September 28th, 1972.
-Rally in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with former Governor Scranton.
-Rally in Johnstown, Pennsylvania with former Governor Scranton.
-Rally in Altoona, Pennsylvania with former Governor Scranton.

Friday, September 29th, 1972.
-Meetings on Capitol Hill with Senators over the upcoming Scranton nomination.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1198 on: March 21, 2016, 07:10:09 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2016, 08:10:42 PM by Classic Conservative »

John Rarick Campaign Schedule: September 23-30

September 23
-Town Hall in Nesmith, South Carolina
-Town Hall in Hartsville, South Carolina
-Town Hall in Fountain Inn, South Carolina
-Meeting with Factory Workers in Rock Hill, South Carolina
-Rally and Voter Registration in Spartanburg, South Carolina
-Rally and Voter Registration in Greenville, South Carolina

September 24
-Town Hall in Lumberton, North Carolina
-Town Hall in Goldsboro, North Carolina
-Town Hall in Kannapolis, North Carolina
-Rally and Voter Registration in Cary, North Carolina
-Meeting with Pastors in Raleigh, North Carolina
-Rally and Voter Registration in Asheville, North Carolina

September 25
-Town Hall in Melville, Louisiana
-Town Hall in Bell City, Louisiana
-Meeting with Pastors and Evangelical Leaders in New Orleans, Louisiana
-Rally and Voter Registration with Brook Hays in Monroe, Louisiana
-Rally and Voter Registration in Ruston, Louisiana

September 26
-Town Hall in Lake Butler, Florida
-Town Hall in Daytona Beach, Florida
-Meeting with Senior Citizens in Miami, Florida
-Meeting with Pastors in Panama City, Florida
-Rally and Voter Registration in Orlando, Florida
-Rally and Voter Registration in St. Augustine, Florida

September 27
-Town Hall in Wheatland, Wyoming
-Town Hall in Lusk, Wyoming
-Meeting with Ranchers and Farmers in Jackson Hole Valley, Wyoming
-Town Hall in Ranchester, Wyoming
-Town Hall in Green River, Wyoming
-Rally and Voter Registration in Jackson, Wyoming
-Rally and Voter Registration in Lander, Wyoming

September 28
-Town Hall in Sparta, Georgia
-Meeting with Farmers in Plains, Georgia
-Town Hall in Thomasville, Georgia
-Town Hall in Tybee Island, Georgia
-Rally and Voter Registration in Warner Robins, Georgia
-Rally and Voter Registration in Valdosta, Georgia

September 29
-Town Hall in Gold Hill, Utah
-Town Hall in Jericho, Utah
-Meet and Greet and Voter Registration in Indianola, Utah
-Meeting with Mormon Leaders in Park City, Utah
-Town Hall in West Valley City, Utah
-Rally in West Jordan, Utah
-Rally and Voter Registration in Lehi, Utah

September 30
-Town Hall in Stewartville, Alabama
-Town Hall in Athens, Alabama
-Rally in Murfreesboro, Tennessee
-Meeting with Grassroots Activists in Oak Ridge, Tennessee
-Rally and Voter Registration in Knoxville, Tennessee
-Town Hall in Bristol, Tennessee
-Rally and Voter Registration in Union City, Tennessee
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1199 on: March 21, 2016, 07:32:44 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2016, 08:20:59 PM by Classic Conservative »

SCHMITZ ENDORSEES SCHEDULE

Ezra Taft Benson
  Benson will be travelling across the states of Utah, Idaho and Arizona, rallying Mormon voters to support Schmitz. He will be meeting with church leaders and securing their support for Schmitz.

Senator James Buckley
   Buckley will be contacting supporters of his in New York and rallying them to Schmitz. He will also rally conservative activists across the nation who supported candidates from Goldwater to Ashbrook to Schmitz's side.

John Wayne
    John Wayne is rallying across the nation and talking to fans of his and getting them to support Schmitz. He is travelling across the California Coast, Stumping for Schmitz and is convincing people across middle America to support Schmitz specifically southerners and midwesterners.

Congressman John Ashbrook
    Ashbrook is travelling across the Midwest, Stumping for Schmitz. He is talking to both rural voters and union workers. He is also busy talking to conservative members of congress and asking them to support Schmitz.

Governor and '68 Candidate George Wallace
   Wallace is barnstorming in the South over this week, travelling from Alabama to Mississippi to Florida to South Carolina to Louisiana to Georgia to Texas to Tennessee and to North Carolina. He is getting his supporters all across this country to support Schmitz for President including many of his supporters from his former presidential run in North Carolina, Maryland amongst other states.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies