Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:08:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 107417 times)
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: February 22, 2016, 12:13:18 AM »

Muskie/Bayh Press Release

We are happy to announce the opening of 6 new campaign offices. Two in Texas, and four elsewhere.

The two offices in Texas will be located in Dallas and Houston.

The four remaining offices will be located in Des Moines, IA, Seattle, WA, Portland, OR, and Indianapolis, IN.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1101 on: February 22, 2016, 10:42:12 PM »

This is extended a final day, turn results tomorrow night.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #1102 on: February 23, 2016, 10:34:42 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2016, 11:39:10 PM by YPestis25 »

Muskie Debate Performance

Thank you for hosting this event tonight.  This debate is a wonderful opportunity for us to discuss the critical issues facing our country.  This election represents a stark choice. We have the opportunity to build on the tremendous progress of the past four decades, or we can instead stand idly by and watch it be slowly worn away. We need to expand our crucial social programs and ensure that every person in this country has an equal opportunity to rise to his or her potential – this is within our grasp.  My opponents promote policies that would make Herbert Hoover blush.  I look forward to a substantive debate tonight that helps elucidate the importance differences between us."

You must be logged in to read this quote.

"The war in Vietnam must be brought to a responsible end in an expeditious fashion.  For the past four years, President Nixon has promised the American people peace with honor.  But what have we gotten? Four more years of war and thousands of senseless deaths of our sons and civilians.  I promise to withdraw our troops from the frontlines within 100 days of taking office, and to progressively withdraw our troops to preserve the safety of our troops without destabilizing the area.   Too many American sons have risked their lives – have lost their lives – fighting for their country in a far-distant country.  It is time to end the war and I promise to do so safely and responsibly."

"Every American has the right to healthcare. Access to life saving care should never be determined by where you live, what your income is, what your race or gender is . . . .it should be guaranteed for all Americans.  It is unfathomable that in this great nation of ours, millions of our friends and neighbors are uninsured.  As President I will work to establish a national healthcare insurance system that covers every American.  I will ensure that all Americans have access to health care – including the most vulnerable among us such as children, older Americans, the elderly, and the poor.  As President, I will also allocate new federal funds toward the construction of 50 new health clinics for one of our hardest hit areas - rural America."

"I have – and still do – support busing.  But I am very aware that it's not perfect.  There are imperfections – things that we need to try to rectify – but it remains our likely best options.  In order to begin to erase the stain of segregation from our nation, we must ensure that children, black and white, are not bound by geographic segregation – that they have equal opportunity for quality education, that they have the opportunity to see each other as friends and quality.  0nly once this barrier is broken down will we see the breaking down of misconceptions and racial prejudices."

“Senator Bayh and I do in fact have specific policy proposals. We would end the war;  we would ensure health care for all Americans;  we would continue to expand civil rights;  we would expand our safety net social programs, and so much more.  A Muskie administration would represent a return to the policies that have worked for close to half a century. It would be based on the policies and politics of Democratic luminaries such as Roosevelt, Kennedy and Truman. We would govern responsibly, and respectably, returning honor to the Oval Office."

"Thank you for a great debate. This has been a great opportunity to articulate the substantive differences between President Nixon, Congressman Schmitz and myself. We would end the war;  we would ensure health care for all Americans;  we would continue to expand civil rights;  we would expand our safety net social programs.  I look forward to two more months of campaigning, and wish other candidates good luck.  I hope the voters have learned more about what a Muskie administration would offer to them and would offer America.  I ask for your support, I ask for your vote.  Thank you, and goodnight."

YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #1103 on: February 23, 2016, 10:39:24 PM »

Question I
  Great question, as the only person on this stage toward that served in the military and is a member of the Marine Corps Reserve, this issue is personal. There's a reason, I have been endorsed by General after General and soldier after soldier. It's because, I get what you are feeling everyday wondering if your son, or husband or father will come home alive. I have felt that feeling my entire life. My plan in Vietnam is simple though, we are going to fight that war until every one of those Commies over there is dead. I say that because we have lost over 50,000 of our boys over there and for what we are still in the same situation we were in twenty years ago. We have to make their dying, worth something. Our mission was to defeat the Communists in Vietnam, we failed in Korea, do we want another Korea in Vietnam or do we want a free Vietnam. My plan is simple we aren't going to deploy hundreds of thousands of our boys. We are going to make our allies work. We are going to end relations with the PROC, who are backing up North Vietnam and instead recognize our ally Taiwan. My goal is simple we are going to win this war by 1976 and we are going to make sure that every single communist or communist sympathizer is dead or waiting to be hanged.

"Could I respond to this? Now Congressman Schmitz, I'm sorry, but both President Nixon and myself served with our armed forces, and for you to say otherwise is frankly ridiculous. And, for you to use your military service as a shield for sending more of our brave boys to die across the Pacific is mind-boggling. You claim that ending the war by 1976 is an accomplishment. How many Americans will have to die for your plan to succeed? Do you have a figure, or do you realize that releasing it would so shock the American people as to effectively end you campaign here and now?"
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1104 on: February 24, 2016, 12:03:23 AM »

Bayh Campaign Schedule, Sep. 8th - 14th

Friday, Sep 8:  ILLINOIS
Chicago - Policy Speech on "The GI Bill of Rights"
Rockford - Rally with Supporters on "Protecting Social Security"
Joliet - Town Hall Speech
Champaign - Rally with IL Congressional Democrats
-Target Inner-City Voters

"Corruption has no place in our American democracy.  A Muskie Administration will restore the honor and dignity of our country."

Chicago, IL

Saturday, Sep. 9:  INDIANA
Indianapolis - Potluck with Constituents
Bloomington - Town Hall on "Saving The American Working Class"
South Bend - Rally with Local Unions on "Labor Rights are Human Rights"
- Target Unions and The Working Class

Sunday, Sep. 10:  INDIANA
Ft. Wayne - Attend Sunday Mass with Local Citizens
Evansville - Rally on "Supporting Small Farm Subsidies"
Gary - Rally with Factory Workers on "Fair Wages for Fair Work!"
Lafayette - Vigil for those who have lost friends + family overseas
-Target Rural and Farm Workers

"We must work to  ensure fair wages for fair work and promote workers' rights for all."

Ft. Wayne, IN

Monday, Sep 11: WISCONSIN
Milwaukee - Rally with George McGovern on "Saving Our Men and Women overseas"
Green Bay - Rally with George McGovern on "The Rights of Farm Workers"
Racine - Town Hall Speech
Madison - Meet with College Students at UWM

"We must end all hostilities in Southeast Asia and bring our boys home.  I promise that we will end the senseless loss of life and withdraw our troops in a safe but prompt manner."

Tuesday, Sep 12: IOWA
Iowa City - Radio Interview at Iowa University
Dubuque - Policy Speech on "Protecting Our Democracy
Cedar Rapids - Rally on "Labor Rights - The American Dream"
Des Moines - Rally on "The Need for Farm Subsidies"

Wednesday, Sep 13: MICHIGAN/TEXAS
Ann Arbor - Policy Speech on "Jobs, Wages, Rights, and Dignity"
Flint - Rally on "Civil Rights Must Continue To Be Fought For"
Houston - Rally on "Vietnam: Why We Must Get Out" With Fmr. Senator Yarborough
Austin - Barnstorming
El Paso - Voter Registration and Meet + Greet

"It's time for us to achieve civil rights - rights for women, rights for minorities, rights for workers - NOW!"

Ann Arbor, MI

Thurday, Sep 14:  TEXAS
Dallas - Rally on  "Crooks, Crime, and Cambodia. Get The Weasel Out of The White House."
Ft. Worth - Voter Registration and Meet + Greet
Laredo - Barnstorming
Galveston - Town Hall

"We must have health care for all.  Every American should be guaranteed the right to heath care in this great nation of ours.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1105 on: February 24, 2016, 12:16:19 AM »

This is getting suspended for the time being (not for long, I hope).

Darththebearnc (Nixon) has informed me that he will have to drop out, and after consulting with him and Spiral they've decided to ask ClassicConservative to see if he wishes to play Nixon instead of Schmitz. If he does, then we will see whether we carry on as normal or whether some changes can be made, if he doesn't, then we'll try a different road.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #1106 on: February 24, 2016, 12:18:10 AM »

Sad to see you go Darth. You were a great Nixon.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1107 on: February 24, 2016, 12:26:01 AM »

Sad to see you go Darth. You were a great Nixon.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1108 on: February 24, 2016, 01:10:02 AM »

Darththebearnc (Nixon) has informed me that he will have to drop out, and after consulting with him and Spiral they've decided to ask ClassicConservative to see if he wishes to play Nixon instead of Schmitz. If he does, then we will see whether we carry on as normal or whether some changes can be made, if he doesn't, then we'll try a different road.
I might drop a class next week, which would give me oodles of free time to take on Nixon. If CC doesn't want to drop Schmitz, I'd be happy to step back into the role. I'm not sure if I'll be able to immediately, though.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1109 on: February 24, 2016, 07:54:36 PM »

I might drop a class next week, which would give me oodles of free time to take on Nixon. If CC doesn't want to drop Schmitz, I'd be happy to step back into the role. I'm not sure if I'll be able to immediately, though.

It would be great to have you back, certainly!

Spiral, CC, NeverAgain and YPestis: It's up to you whether we wait a week or have Spiral take over Nixon's schedule to end this particular turn and then have ChairmanSanchez join at the next one. Do let me know of what you think as soon as possible.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1110 on: February 24, 2016, 08:05:07 PM »

Spiral, CC, NeverAgain and YPestis: It's up to you whether we wait a week or have Spiral take over Nixon's schedule to end this particular turn and then have ChairmanSanchez join at the next one. Do let me know of what you think as soon as possible.
I am fine with it.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #1111 on: February 24, 2016, 08:06:59 PM »

I am fine with it.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1112 on: February 24, 2016, 08:55:45 PM »

I am fine with it.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1113 on: March 01, 2016, 05:54:36 PM »

I am putting an end date of Thursday night, by the way, seeing that we have a Nixon. It's been a week already.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1114 on: March 01, 2016, 07:42:30 PM »

Sorry for the delay; I'll get a schedule up tonight.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1115 on: March 01, 2016, 10:46:48 PM »

Friday, September 8th, 1972:
-Opening campaign office in Moline, Illinois/Meet and Greet with volunteers.
-Speech to unionized workers at a Union Hall in Rock Island, Illinois.
-Touring the Rock Island Arsenal and visiting employees.
-Speech to High School Seniors at Rock Island High School, Rock Island, Illinois.
Nixon visits students after delivering his speech.
?You, as young adults, have the chance to shape history in many ways. Never has there been a greater time to be your age. Never has America?s future been so bright. You, in your lifetime, will live in a world free of nuclear weapons. Mark my words. You will live in age in which the powers of technology will be unleashed in such a positive way that we cannot possibly conceive todays. Mark my words. You will likely see a period of peace-a pax Americana-that in this world seems alien. But mark my words; you will see these things. For your rising generation, it is easy to dismiss this as far away. It is easy for others to dismiss you and tell you to wait your turn. Do not listen to such negativity. The future begins the second the present ends, and you can claim the torch now. Register to vote. Look earnestly into the candidates and their visions for this great country. Look ahead into the future that I just spoke about, and then look at how you can get there. I trust you know which choice is the right choice, and I trust that you will make it.?

Saturday, September 9th, 1972:
-Luncheon with small business owners at the St. Clair County Chamber of Commerce, Belleville, Illinois.
-Rally in Decatur, Illinois.
-Rally in Champaign, Illinois.
-Visiting steel workers in Granite City, Illinois.

Sunday, September 10th, 1972:
-Fundraiser in Chicago, Illinois, with Howard Morgens.
-Fundraiser in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Monday, September 11th, 1972.
-Rally in Indianapolis, Indiana.
-Opening campaign office in Indianapolis, Indiana.
-Rally in Bloomington, Indiana.
-Visiting a shipyard in Jeffersonville, Indiana.
?The American worker is the American patriot. He goes to the factory or to the office everyday not out of a sense of survival but a sense of duty and purpose, with a work ethic unparalleled in the industrialized world. These normal citizens, however small they may think they are, happen to be the engine of the international economy. We must stand with the American worker if we stand for America; that is why my administration has fought to improve working conditions. That is why my administration has fought and will fight again for healthcare reforms to make sure that every working family in America is secure. And that is why my administration has taken the initiative in cleaning our air and our water. If you believe in progress, and if you believe in America, then I ask you to believe in me and come out and reelect this administration!?

Tuesday, September 12th, 1972.
-Opening campaign office in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
-Rally in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
-Rally in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
-Rally in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
?My opponents have attacked me from the right and from the left; Congressman Schmitz?s often incoherent rants may resonate with a perpetually angry and marginal corner of America. But the America I know is not fearful of the future. It is not fearful of progress. It welcomes change and it embraces it. And as we ride the waves of these changing times, it is more critical than ever to have an experienced statesman at the helm. To elect a radical ideologue is akin to a moral surrender by the American people. And the American people, I know, never surrender to fear. So to those who are considering Congressman Schmitz, I ask not for you to consider me, as much as I ask of you to consider this: is America a weak nation? Do you want a President who doesn?t believe in America? Schmitz rails and rails against the anti-Americans in the race. So, consider that thought and ask yourselves: who really is the anti-American? Who really believes in this nation and our constitution, and trusts in its people??

Wednesday, September 13th, 1972.
-Rally in Detroit, Michigan.
-Rally in Bay City, Michigan.
-Rally in Saginaw, Michigan.
-Fundraiser in Grosse Point, Michigan.

Thursday, September 14th, 1972.
-Opening campaign office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
-Rally in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
-Rally in Altoona, Pennsylvania.
-Rally in Johnstown, Pennsylvania.
?My opponent, Senator Muskie, is a good man who has a good goal-that of peace. But our visions of peace are radically different. I envision a peace where South Vietnam exists independent of northern aggression. I envision a peace where our soldiers come home in accomplishment and victory. Senator Muskie?s vision of peace is a vision of surrender. It is a vision of our values being surrendered. It is a vision of our allies distrusting us and our enemies mocking us. Nobody wants to end this war more than me, but we ?gotta end this right. So lets end this war with the victory of a peace with honor.?

Friday, September 15th, 1972.
-Preparation for the presidential debate.
-Attending presidential debate (see next post).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1116 on: March 02, 2016, 01:14:02 AM »
« Edited: March 02, 2016, 01:53:12 AM by Get on board the Trump train! Cho cho! »

Nixon Debate Responses

Before I begin my answer, I first thank Senator Muskie and Congressman Schmitz for appearing with me tonight. I am looking forward to a spirited debate and a vigorous exchange of ideas here both tonight and throughout the remainder of the campaign.

This is the most pressing issue of our time; the North Vietnamese have been very fluid in their approach to peace. That is why my administration has taken the unprecedented step of reaching out to the People’s Republic of China. In doing so, not only have we opened doors with the Chinese, but we have also closed doors to the North Vietnamese. If they continue to act in an aggressive manner to the South Vietnamese, then we will continue the policies that we have implemented so far. If they continue to support the Viet Cong insurgency, we will continue to bomb their roads, military installations, and infrastructure. But if they seek peace, then be assured that we will also extend our hand, so that this war can finally come to a peaceful and honorable conclusion.

Senator Muskie will have you believe that I want this war to continue. And if the cost is surrender, then yes, I shall have this war continue. But we do not have to have a surrender. We can have peace with honor, the sweetest victory of all. He does not mention the times in which the North Vietnamese have scuttled the prospect of peace. His policy of withdrawal for the sake of withdrawal will appease the radicals at home, but at what cost? The cost of our security at home and the cost of the freedom of the South Vietnamese people? We can have our cake and eat it too. We can end the war and we can preserve South Vietnam’s independence. So we must stay the course, despite the costs, which are indeed enormous.

Congressman Schmitz believes himself to be an “expert” on military affairs. His policy is reckless and naive at best. At worst, it makes me question his intelligence, judgement, and his temperament. To sacrifice more men in this war for the sake of justifying previous sacrifices is not a policy that results in victory. It is the military equivalent of a Ponzi scheme.

He forgets that I am a veteran of the World War. Like myself, Senator Muskie has also served with distinction in the Navy. And I think I speak for both of us when I ask Congressman Schmitz to retract the regrettable and disgusting claim that neither of us have served our country. It is worth noting that while Senator Muskie and I watched our comrades die in war, Congressman Schmitz dilly-dallied with helicopters in peacetime. And yet, his call to arms and his expressed desire to start a third war continues. This is not conservatism, my friends, this is cowardice.

Senator Muskie believes in government. I believe in the American people. Senator Muskie and I agree that healthcare coverage should be universal. I assume we disagree on how to go about doing it. Notice his vague response to the question-how exactly will he do this?

My proposal is to allow the market and the government to work together in a manner that covers everyone and punishes no one. We can expand Medicaid to assist the poorest among us, and we can, as Senator Muskie noted, build more clinics in the most impoverished and underserved regions of our country. I propose also an employer mandate that would require large companies to do right by their workers. These companies will indeed have to give up some of their bottom line, but in implementing such a mandate, the cost would be redirected away from their hospitals, and thus, from their taxation rate. This proposal would allow the market to work as it always has, while guaranteeing coverage.

Unfortunately, Senator Muskie and Senator Kennedy chose to derail this healthcare program last year. Senator Kennedy no doubt had his own ambition in mind, and it came at the cost of millions of uninsured Americans. It is a shame that Senator Muskie chose the dashed ambition of Senator Kennedy over the healthcare and wellbeing of the American people, and he must be held to account for that at the ballot box.

While Senator Muskie is guilty of hypocrisy, Congressman Schmitz is guilty of inconsistency. His proposal is nonsensical. He calls for laisse faire economics-let the free market decide, he opines. Yet, in his last statement, he himself has called for healthcare to be removed from the workplace. If an employer fires an employee, why must he continue to cover his healthcare? Is that not the socialism that he so often talks about? Congressman Schmitz, the socialist. You’ll never hear those words out of his mouth-except when he basically says it!

As of two years ago, only one in ten African American students attended a racially segregated school, and I shall not rest until all schools are integrated. But busing is not the solution. I have said throughout my campaign and throughout my presidency that as President, I must enforce the laws as they exist. Until Congress can act to change the laws, I shall do just that. I believe it is time for busing to come to an end, and I am willing to work with Congress to find a more relevant solution that fits with the times we live in. But it is up to Congress to act; I will not act unilaterally with a pen or a phone on such an important and polarizing issue that effects so many young Americans.

Senator Muskie’s support for busing shows a blatant disconnect between him and the American people, a disconnect that was highlighted by his own party and their chaotic convention. Senator Muskie came in a distant second, and over the will of most Democratic primary voters, managed to squeeze himself the nomination. He has no regard for the will of the voters, and that shows just the same on this issue.

Well, after a decade of division, I find it important to reach across the aisle. Mayor Yorty-while at times critical of me, certainly-ran his campaign with vigor, decency, and with the best of intentions. He was the clear choice of a majority of Democratic primary voters who wanted an honest and robust exchange of ideas. Instead, a radical cabal of ultra-liberals in the Democratic Party hijacked the nomination and denied millions of Democrats their voice in the process. I cannot sit idly by while these voters are ignored, and thus, I invited Mayor Yorty to join the Republican ticket. Our ticket is the ticket of America. We are the ticket that represents Democrats and Republicans. We represent the employees and the employers. We represent all Americans, not just the radicals or the loudest voices.

I can not be more confident and more proud of this decision. He has proven to be an asset on the campaign trail and will remain one in the office of Vice Presidency, as we work together to heal our nation and bring us together. I must also praise Governor Scranton at this time, as he has graciously offered himself to service once more, this time as our Vice President, and I thank him for that.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1117 on: March 03, 2016, 01:49:45 PM »

MAJOR ADDRESS FROM MAYOR YORTY ON RECENT ATTACKS

My fellow Americans,

As we have seen over the past couple of weeks, a number of harsh attacks has been thrown at myself from our opponents in this race. As you might have noticed when you watch the evening news, I have been called everything from a fraud to reactionary to an unqualified maniac to an opportunist with no convictions. This sort of character assassination is nothing new in politics, of course, but what your opponents never want you, the voters, to hear is my own perspective. Tonight, I will attempt to clear up any distortions of my character and set the record straight once and for all.

Throughout my career, I have always sought to be a man of the people and serve my country in whatever way I could. Whether it was joining the Air Force during World War II, fighting for workers on the streets, or being part of growing a booming city, I've had many roles in representing ordinary people in this country and working for their best interests. When I ran for the presidency earlier this year, my whole campaign was based on taking back power and giving it to the people who have been silenced, marginalized, and beaten down.

My campaign turned out to have been far more successful than any of the pundits on the television ever predicted, because they failed to realize just how much pain is out there. Unfortunately, the big party bosses in the Democratic Party did not want to see us succeed, and so they clamped down on the movement and forced their own ticket, silencing the voices of millions of primary voters along the way. Men, women, rich, poor, white, black--all were ignored in favor of what the party wanted instead. Is this the kind of politics that Americans are supposed to tolerate before their very eyes?

You see, in truth, I am still the same Sam Yorty that I always have been--nothing more, nothing less. I'm a populist at heart and an American above all else. While our opponents are free to label me as a craven opportunist with no moral compass, my career has been defined by standing up for the little guy against many different special interests. The reason why I am not longer a Democrat is not because I have changed, I am no longer a Democrat because the party establishment has no role for myself or millions of other Americans, and they have made that abundantly clear through their actions.

I'd like to read to you part of a letter that I received from a woman named Sue, who lives in Pennsylvania. It goes as follows: "Mayor Yorty, I am a Democrat. I did not vote for you in the primary, but I am disgusted with how the party treated you and your supporters at the convention. They pulled every dirty trick they could to undermine you so they could anoint their own candidate. After what happened in July, I no longer feel clean voting for the Democrats this year. I don't agree with you and President Nixon on everything, especially on some big issues, but I get a sense of decency and responsibility that I don't when I see Ed Muskie. For that reason, you have my vote." There are many more voters like Sue who feel the same way. It is one thing to have a spirited contest, but it is another to bend the rules and effectively disenfranchise a plurality of the voters.

Now you may ask, Why would I join President Nixon when I've been so critical of him before? Is it petty revenge? One more shot at power? After leaving the party, I reevaluated my standing and asked once more what the best thing I could do for my country is. I came to the conclusion that what we as a country need to do now is to unite. The President is not some rabid ideologue who takes no prisoners; he is a reasonable man who is a capable administrator. The best thing to do now is to reach out and present a ticket of unity, and that's what we have been able to achieve. We need a "country first" mentality once more, not this petty politics of dividing by race and gender. The Nixon/Yorty ticket stands for peace at home, a strong international standing, and renewed prosperity.

If you are someone who voted for me in the Democratic primaries, I ask that you come along once more. If you never supported me, I still implore you to join our campaign. This election should be about bringing back a strong, confident country with limitless potential. We want to be the ones who reach out to all Americans, especially the ones who haven't had a voice in the political process in years. President Nixon and I still have our differences, of course, but we are mature individuals and we can respect our differences while working out the best possible solution.

This election is about much more than who I've supported or what our opponents can hurl at us. This year, we have a choice between a ticket who can unite the nation and and others who will only deepen our divides. I am proud to stand with President Nixon and I will not be deterred by anyone who launches smears our way. That is not the way to fix our problems. America can be greater than ever before, and it begins with your help. Get involved, be proud, and fight every day for what's right.

Thank you.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1118 on: March 03, 2016, 08:40:20 PM »

Nixon Ad: A Time For Trust.
Narrator: With America's best men fighting in Vietnam, and with our President pushing for a permanent, lasting peace, it is critical America elects a President with a consistent vision for the future of Vietnam. President Nixon has that vision. Senator Muskie has two visions. He just doesn't know which one.

Narrator: Senator Ed Muskie sees the path to peace as surrender in 1972. In 1968, he fought for the Johnson administrations pro-war platform. We know where he stands when it comes to garnering radical votes. Where will he stand if he’s in the White House?

Narrator: A vote for Muskie is a vote for mystery. A vote for Nixon is a vote for victory.

Airing in highlighted states.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1119 on: March 03, 2016, 08:52:56 PM »

Sam Yorty Campaign Schedule: September 8-15

September 8
-Town Hall in Waukee, IA
-Town Hall in Boone, IA
-Town Hall in Mason City, IA
-Meeting with farmers in Sioux City, IA
-Meeting with local activists in Davenport, IA

We have a good organization here in Iowa, but we can always do better. What I need you all to do is reach out to friends, family, and neighbors and get them involved in this campaign. Flyers, door knocking, phone banks--whatever it takes, get the message out. Muskie will always have his big-city machines to bring out the vote, but we can just as easily counter that if we have the enthusiasm on our side. Starting today, let's get moving. Are you with me?

September 9
-Town Hall in Decatur, IL
-Town Hall in Moline, IL
-Meeting with farmers in Bloomington, IL
-Rally in Naperville, IL
-Rally and Voter Registration in Chicago, IL

To those out there who supported me in the primaries this year, I thank you. We had a good fight, but the elites wouldn't let us get the nomination. Don't let that stop you from exercising your influence, though. It should make you even more motivated! I saw genuine anger, frustration, passion, and excitement every day on the campaign trail from the thousands of people I saw every day. We have to redirect that anger, frustration, passion, and excitement to this general election now. You may not agree with everything that President Nixon has done in office, but he's listening to you. He wants to know your concerns and he wants to help you. After what went down in the DNC, do you really think that Ed Muskie knows what you're feeling or cares about you? If he did, he would've backed away and said, "I can't become the nominee this way." Don't let Ed Muskie screw you over again, my friends. This election is too important.

September 10
-Meet and Greet in Jackson, MI
-Meet and Greet in Pittsfield, MI
-Town Hall in East Lansing, MI
-Town Hall in Pontiac, MI
-Rally and Voter Registration in Wyoming, IL

This election is important, folks. The choices are clear: We can move forward with a ticket that is about unifying America and strengthening America. The alternatives are not so good. You have one ticket that strong-armed their way to the nomination, subverting the will of the people. How can they claim to have a mandate if they never had one from the start? You also have another ticket that represents the fringe of politics, the conspiratorial name-calling that is all about shouting and never about solutions. You may not believe that President Nixon is perfect, and nobody really is, but he's the one guy in this election who has what it takes to reverse our malaise and bring us on a better path: a true American revival. I ask that you consider us for your vote in November.

September 11
-Rally in Troy, MI
-Rally in Ann Arbor, MI
-Rally in Sterling Heights, MI
-Meeting with factory workers in Detroit, MI

I feel your plight. As you know, I brought up the issue of manufacturing and jobs constantly in my own campaign. I may be running with the President now, but nothing has changed. I want to let you all know that President Nixon cares about your livelihoods just as much as I do. The world is becoming more and more globalized, and we may lose many of our jobs if we don't take the right precautions. President Nixon acknowledges that and he'll continue to take action. We'll be working to strengthen protections for American workers, and we'll provide incentives for companies to remain here in the U.S. Some of you may be skeptical, and I understand that--politicians have disappointed us all many times. But, I assure you that President Nixon is a friend to industries and workers alike.

September 12
-Town Hall in De Pere, WI
-Town Hall in Greenfield, WI
-Town Hall in New Berlin, WI
-Rally and Voter Registration in Janesville, WI
=Rally and Voter Registration in Racine, WI

September 13
-Town Hall in Horsham, PA
-Town Hall in Monroeville, PA
-Rally in State College, PA
-Rally in Lower Paxton, PA
-Meeting with union leaders in Erie, PA

Don't let the mudslinging and fear mongering from the Muskie campaign cloud your minds. You know me. You know that I've fought for labor for 40 years and I care about this issue. I want to tell you right here that there is no reason to be terrified over a Nixon second term. Collective bargaining plays an important role in our economy and we can't diminish that fact. Our Labor Department will be focused on bridging the divides that we see, not creating endless new skirmishes. Our main focus is on being able to raise workers' wages over time and creating a robust economy. I humbly ask for your support in this election, and I'll let you have the time to think over your decision. Thank you for the meeting, gentlemen.

September 14
-Meet and Greet in Hazel Dell, WA
-Meet and Greet in Moses Lake, WA
-Town Hall in Spanaway, WA
-Town Hall in Des Moines, WA
-Rally and Voter Registration in Bellevue, WA

September 15
-Meet and Greet in Claremont, NH
-Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
-Town Hall in Salem, NH
-Meeting with small business owners in Concord, NH
-Rally and Voter Registration in Manchester, NH

New Hampshire is a special place for me, let me tell ya. This time I'm not asking that you vote for me, though. I want you to vote for Richard Nixon, the one man who can unify our nation and bring us back to real prosperity. The President has shown judgment during tough calls. He's uniquely prepared to be our commander-in-chief and we can't afford a sudden change of course. Ed Muskie may have been in the Senate for a while, but writing bills and voting on them doesn't prepare you for a job of this caliber. We have seen tough times in this country for the last few years, there is no denying that. But, we have to ask ourselves: Who has the know-how to bring us back and make us stronger than ever? Richard Nixon has that vision, ladies and gentlemen.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1120 on: March 03, 2016, 09:06:35 PM »

This ends in an hour or so.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #1121 on: March 03, 2016, 10:58:53 PM »

Could we get a couple extra minutes to run some ads? Sorry, I'd been away from my computer for most of the day and forgot to check this.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1122 on: March 03, 2016, 11:02:18 PM »

Could we get a couple extra minutes to run some ads? Sorry, I'd been away from my computer for most of the day and forgot to check this.

Sure, there's no way I could post the results as I'm working on the other game as well, so an extra hour is available (no more).
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #1123 on: March 03, 2016, 11:03:48 PM »

Sure, there's no way I could post the results as I'm working on the other game as well, so an extra hour is available (no more).

Thank you!
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #1124 on: March 03, 2016, 11:12:52 PM »

Muskie Ad: An End to Corruption, Crooks, and Cambodia
Four years ago we were promised peace with honor.

Four years ago we were promised an end to the petty politics and corruption of Washington. What did we get?

Four more years in Vietnam and four more years of corrupt politics. Vote Muskie/Bayh this November.

To run in:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies