Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:12:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 51
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 107425 times)
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: February 15, 2016, 08:19:52 PM »

Could we get an extension to tomorrow?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1051 on: February 15, 2016, 09:17:49 PM »

Could we get an extension to tomorrow?

Granted.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1052 on: February 16, 2016, 01:28:34 PM »

I'm so sorry I didn't see this, can I have polls in Alabama, Mississippi, Utah and California
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1053 on: February 16, 2016, 02:19:31 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2016, 03:22:49 PM by Classic Conservative »

John G. Schmitz's Schedule
September 1, 1972
Meet and Greet in Shaker Hieghts, Ohio with Congressman John Ashbrook
    "The reason I am running for President my friends, is every single time we get someone like Nixon in this office, we don't win we saw it four years ago when my great friend George Wallace ran we the people are sick and tired of getting burned by career politicians and we lose jobs, wars and our money.

Town Hall at the Medina, Ohio Fire Station with Congressman John Ashbrook and Congressman Sam Stieger
    "Look here in Medina, I have heard you have lost tons of your boys in Vietnam. I support the Vietnam War but I also think we need to be smart when we fight and not just go their guns a blazing we need a decisive military plan that will rebuild our military and update our equipment and work with South Vietnam and say we need your help to win this thing because it's your country not ours."

Meet and Greet in Gahanna, Ohio with Congressman John Ashbrook and John Wayne
     "I have promised to bring traditional values back to our nation, including prayer in schools. That's a big one we are a godly and Christian Nation and we shouldn't take our creator away from our schools and create a communistic child."

Town Hall in Republic, Ohio with Congressman John Ashbrook and John Wayne
    "John Wayne, is probably my favorite endorsement so far, he is what America needs to be a country where the spirit of hardwork and the individual flourishes and we need to have our country stand for Liberty throughout the world and we definitely need to be able to keep our guns."

September 2, 1972

Meet and Greet in Burntout, Alabama with Congressman John Rarick and Colonel Harlan Sanders
      "That mans question about the Confederate Flag was wonderful. I personally think the flag is a symbol of southern heritage but I get why some don't think that. I understand why we had the War between the States. It's because of the Tenth Admendment, we need a constitutionalist as our President and I will be that President."

Town Hall in Muscle Shoals, Alabama with Congressman John Rarick and Colonel Harlan Sanders
     "I just had a question about this earlier today in Burnout. Look the Confederate Flag is a symbol of the South, just like the Pine Tree Flag is a symbol of the Yankees in New England. I want the flag to be displayed wherever it can be including a town hall, school room, state house or your front lawn. But we should be talking about how our values are getting killed by the sons of bitches in Washington."

Meet and Greet in Phil Campbell, Alabama
     "Our nation needs a vigorous dollar and a booming economy. Like I have said before I used to be a big businessman and a capitalist, I know how these things work and our country will just be great and our dollar being sound and our economy will be booming when I am President."

September 3, 1972
Meet and Greet in Bonanza, Utah
    "Yes, oil is our best energy source in this country. What I will do as President is end this communistic regulation crap on you guys in Washington and just let you prosper and let you do whatever you want with the oil that you have drilled whether it's selling it to Americans or the Europeans."

Town Hall in Spanish Fork, Utah with the Mayor of Provo
    "Why you should vote for me is a good question. Raise your hand if your undecided (around half of the room raises their hand around 300 people). You should vote for me because I offer change from the status quo and I know how to make the politicians scared and run home to their mommies. We need leadership foreign and domestic, we need a strong dollar, a booming economy and we need someone who tells it like it is and doesn't lie to you. And that's why you should vote for me. After hearing that how many of you are undecided now (only 30 people raise hand)

Rally in Royal, Utah
    "America we need change and the communist Nixon can't bring you change nor can Soviet Spy Muskie. Our change needs to come from We the People not from the insiders in Washington who let our boys die, kill our economy and take away our constitution and our land. Stand with me and I ask for your vote."

September 4, 1972
Town Hall in Yost, Utah
    "Ah, I love this question what will you audit as President. I will Audit the Federal Reserve and Fort Knox. I will open every door of Fort Knox on live on every television station so you can see if the cronies in Washington are lying or not."

Attend the Lincoln Dinner in Salt Lake City, Utah and make speak to the crowd
    "I know you are probably wondering why is an independent candidate here. I am here on behalf of We the People. And they want to tell you we are coming for you this year and that they want change and not the status quo. I know that most of you are supporting President Nixon and you are all probably pretty scared to hell of a President Schmitz. But, I am here to tell you my vision and path for our great country."

Part 2 to come later
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1054 on: February 16, 2016, 03:25:07 PM »

Gallup Polls:

California:

Richard Nixon/Sam Yorty: 52%
Ed Muskie/Birch Bayh: 35%
John Schmitz/John Rarick: 8%
Undecided: 5%

Utah:

Richard Nixon/Sam Yorty: 50%
John Schmitz/John Rarick: 22%
Ed Muskie/Birch Bayh: 21%
Undecided: 7%

Alabama:

Richard Nixon/Sam Yorty: 41%
John Schmitz/John Rarick: 29%
Ed Muskie/Birch Bayh: 20%
Undecided: 10%

Mississippi:

Richard Nixon/Sam Yorty: 42%
John Schmitz/John Rarick: 28%
Ed Muskie/Birch Bayh: 21%
Undecided: 9%
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1055 on: February 16, 2016, 04:17:10 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2016, 06:30:52 PM by Spiral »

Sam Yorty Campaign Schedule: September 1-7

HE'S BACK!

September 1
-Town Hall in Redmond, OR
-Town Hall in Tigard, OR
-Town Hall in Springfield, OR
-Rally and Voter Registration in Salem, OR
-Meeting with activists in Eugene, OR

VOTER: Mayor, I voted for you in the primary this year, but I'm wondering why you switched over to the Republicans and joined Nixon when you've been critical of all of them.

YORTY: Because, ma'am, this is about much more than my personal ambitions or any one of my opponents. This is about where our country is gonna go. I ran as a Democrat because I believed in what I thought were its basic principles, but now I see that the party has changed. It's become so radicalized that they just couldn't stomach someone like me, and so the party bosses nullified the votes of millions of Americans and picked their own candidate at the convention. A party like that has no business representing ordinary people, so I'm no longer putting up with them. I have voiced differences with President Nixon before, but this is a man who has a vision for the country. He wants to restore peace and keep us safe from all threats, from the communists abroad to the delinquents here at home. Ed Muskie has no vision, no conviction, and no spine. He doesn't represent you or me, and he's not qualified to be our next president. That's the choice voters have this election.

September 2
-Meet and Greet in Walla Walla, WA
-Meet and Greet in Salmon Creek, WA
-Meet and Greet in Lynnwood, WA
-Rally and Voter Registration in Spokane Valley, WA
-Rally and Voter Registration in Vancouver, WA

September 3
-Town Hall in Shoreline, WA
-Town Hall in Auburn, WA
-Rally and Voter Registration in Spokane, WA
-Rally and Voter Registration in Seattle, WA
-Meeting with farmers union in Kent, WA

As I go around Washington and the rest of the country, I see people who come up to me with the same types of problems. "How will I keep my family afloat?" "What's going to happen to our jobs?" "Are we going to be safe?" These people deserve straight talk, so I'll say this: things are rough right now, and they'll continue to be for a little while, but we've got to persevere. This country has gone through depressions and wars and all other kinds of calamities. Recovery starts with electing a president this year, though. President Nixon is the only man who's able to turn the tide and restore our pride. You look at who's managed the country for the last few decades, and for most of that time, it's been controlled by the Democrats. What did they give us now after all of that time governing? Riots, corruption, lost jobs, and an all-around weakened country. We can't turn the keys over to the Democrats again, because all they're gonna do is offer more of that. We've got to continue on the path we're on and finish the job. Only then will we become better off than ever.

September 4
-Town Hall in Liberty, MO
-Town Hall in Joplin, MO
-Town Hall in Cape Girardeau, MO
-Rally and Voter Registration in Independence, MO
-Rally and Voter Registration in Springfield, MO

September 5
-Meeting with factory workers in O'Fallon, MO
-Meeting with farmers union in Jefferson City, MO
-Rally and Voter Registration in Columbia, MO
-Rally and Voter Registration in St. Louis, MO
-Rally and Voter Registration in Kansas City, MO

We gotta give credit where credit is due: you farmers across the country have done a great job despite all your hardships. Here in the Midwest, the economy thrives on agriculture. We need a president who respects farmers and what they do for the country. Some of you may be thinking, "Why would a guy like Nixon care about me?" I'll have you know that the man himself grew up in poverty and knows exactly what it's like to face the struggles many of you have gone through. He even grew up on a ranch in California when he was a young lad. Richard Nixon worked his way to the top and has thanked everyone who helped him along the way. Now he wants to make sure that no one here gets left behind.

September 6
-Town Hall in Radcliff, KY
-Town Hall in Jeffersontown, KY
-Rally and Voter Registration in Lexington, KY
-Meeting with coal miners in Greenville, KY
-Appearance on CBS News

REPORTER: Mayor, what is your reaction to what just unfolded in Munich?

YORTY: This is an absolute tragedy. The rest of the world stands with Israel and Germany, who have both lost lives to this disgusting terrorist group. We should remind ourselves that even in a high-security event like the Olympics, something like this had the chance of happening, and it did. We should never back down to these terrorists, and we must do what it takes to keep our people safe.

REPORTER: Do you think that your Democratic opponents in this election are strong enough on this issue of national security and preparedness?

YORTY: Ed Muskie has been unwilling in the past to take a strong stance on national security. In a world like this, it's absolutely necessary. I'm sure he grieves like the rest of us, but he has yet to prove how he would avoid a similar event unfolding in the U.S. President Nixon understands the threats we face and he's already reached out to the countries at the same time that he's been bolstering our own security. Whoever does win the election has to be prepared for anything on Day One. Senator Muskie doesn't pass that test of being our commander-in-chief.

September 7
-Town Hall in New Berlin, WI
-Town Hall in Fond Du Lac, WI
-Town Hall in La Crosse, WI
-Rally and Voter Registration in Green Bay, WI
-Rally and Voter Registration in Milwaukee, WI
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1056 on: February 16, 2016, 04:20:34 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2016, 10:11:27 PM by Classic Conservative »

John G. Schmitz's Schedule
September 5, 1972
Announce Schmitz's Plan to "Preserve Our American Heritage Plan" at Fort Ticonderoga with Congressman John Rarick, John Wayne, Ludwig Von Mises and Senator James Buckley
     "Wow, over 2,000 people here to hear about our new plan to Preserve Our American Heritage! Our history has been eroded by communists and leftists and I think we are sick and tired of it. Our museums and our educational system aren't showing us our real history. They only show you the bad stuff, like slavery, the Indian Wars and the list goes on and on. God forbid they tell us the truth."

Town Hall in Ithaca, New York with Ludwig Von Mises and Senator James Buckley
    "Your are totally right sir, our law and order in this country is going into a hell hole and I think that's why people are angry. I'm angry, your angry, We the People are Angry. My law and order plan is simple. First we support the police with everything we can and institute a death penalty if you kill a cop. Secondly, we put criminals and drug dealers in jail and rapists and murderers are put to death. We have a big drug problem so and a lot of them are rapists and they come from Mexico and Guatemala and they are illegals so they will be deported and then I think our law and order in this country will be fine."

Rally in Brooklyn, New York with Ludwig Von Mises and Senator James Buckley
    "I am here and you are here because we need to take our country back. As you can see, I rarely ever say the same speech and that's good because I speak my mind just like you do and I tell it like it is and that's the truth. I'm running because what the politicians say to you in the paper, on television and on the radio isn't what they say to me when we have our weekly meetings in Washington D.C. I promise you only two things first off to tell you the truth and secondly to keep my promises and if I don't, I want you to vote against me in 4 years time."

September 6, 1972
Town Hall in Corinth, Mississippi
Town Hall in Olive Branch, Mississippi
Town Hall in West Memphis, Arkansas
Town Hall in Marianna, Arkansas

September 7, 1972
Town Hall in Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Meet and Greet in Athens, Georgia
Town Hall in Albany, Georgia
Town Hall in Macon, Georgia

John Rarick's Schedule

September 1: Louisana
September 2: Alabama
September 3: Louisana
September 4: Georgia
September 5: New York
September 6: Tennessee
September 7: Kentucky

Our Campaign has raised over $1.2 Million Dollars in the last three weeks and had over 5,000 volunteers signed up in the last week.

Round 17 Endorsements

Curtis LeMay
Former General and George Wallace's Running Mate in 1968
     "Last time around, I ran with my good friend George Wallace for President, because he stood for We the People. If you thought that George was a good candidate, John is the best candidate that we have ever seen. He stands for the military and he's pro-Vietnam and wants to end communism. He's the only candidate who was a veteran and he still serves in the Marine Reserve. I am confident in this ticket and I will be voting for John Schmitz in nine weeks time."
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1057 on: February 16, 2016, 04:48:20 PM »

SCHMITZ'S ADS

RICHARD NIXON IS A TRAITOR AND SUPPORTS OUR ENEMIES

Nixon dishes our friend in Taiwan and instead backs the communists in China

Nixon took us off the gold standard which will ruin our dollar

Nixon's Vice President was a liar, criminal and a fraud. What else can he or his cronies in Washington do that's illegal.

Richard Nixon's friends do this in China, he could do the same to you.

Vote for a true patriot and a supporter of We the People. Vote for John G. Schmitz!! I'm John G. Schmitz and I approve this message.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #1058 on: February 16, 2016, 06:32:25 PM »

Muskie/Bayh for America Turn I

September 1st
Meet and greet in Spokane, WA.
Rally in Seattle, WA.
Rally in Portland, OR.
"These past four years we have seen the progress of Roosevelt, and Truman, and Kennedy undone, by a man that fancies himself a moderate. Tell me, what moderate would choose Sam Yorty as his running mate? What moderate would continue our destructive policies in Southeast Asia? Richard Nixon should call himself what he is, a reactionary."

September 2nd
Meet with civic leaders in Salem, OR.
Town hall in Coos Bay, OR.
Town hall in Brookings, OR.
"You know what really surprised me about Sam Yorty signing onto the Republican ticket? He'd campaigned to replace the President for the past four months! It's mind boggling to me. I mean, which Sam Yorty are we going to get in the White House? Democrat or Republican?"

September 3rd
Fly to Pittsburg, PA.
Town hall in New Kensington, PA.
Town hall in Hunker, PA.
Rally in Pittsburg, PA.
"We must have a President who will stand up for the working people of this country, not one who turns them against each other. We must have a President who builds on the legacy of Roosevelt, and not tear it down, and Nixon is not that President."

September 4th
Meet with state leaders in Harrisburg, PA.
Town hall in Allentown, PA.
Town hall in Oxford, PA.
Rally in Philadelphia, PA.
"It's well past time that the right to healthcare is guaranteed to every American, rich and poor. We cannot rest until every child can get to the doctor. We cannot rest until every hardworking American no longer has to choose between their own financial well being and going to the doctor."

September 5th
Town hall in Jersey City, NJ.
Rally in Atlantic City, NJ.
Rally in Trenton, NJ.

September 6th
Town hall in Flint, MI.
Town hall in Ann Arbor, MI.
Meet with union officials in Detroit, MI.
Rally in Detroit, MI.
"Don't be fooled by Nixon's pick of Yorty as his running mate, given the chance they would turn on the unions faster than I can say strike. As a tried and true Democrat I will always protect our hardworking union members while in office."

September 7th
Meet with state leaders in Springfield, IL.
Town hall in Springfield, IL.
Rally in Chicago, IL.
Fundraiser in Chicago, IL.

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1059 on: February 16, 2016, 06:51:45 PM »

Is this still due tonight? I can certainly get everything in on time if you need me to but I haven't seen anything from YPestis or NeverAgain yet...
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1060 on: February 16, 2016, 06:52:38 PM »

Is this still due tonight? I can certainly get everything in on time if you need me to but I haven't seen anything from YPestis or NeverAgain yet...
YPestis just posted, and I am getting ready for such soon.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1061 on: February 16, 2016, 06:59:32 PM »

YPestis just posted, and I am getting ready for such soon.

He posted right while I was typing that up...

Oops Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1062 on: February 16, 2016, 07:02:37 PM »

I could give another extension to tomorrow, but nothing more than that.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1063 on: February 16, 2016, 07:04:52 PM »

I could give another extension to tomorrow, but nothing more than that.

It's fine, I was just wondering Smiley

I'll have my stuff up shortly.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1064 on: February 16, 2016, 08:49:21 PM »

Bayh Campaign Schedule, Sep. 1st - 7th

Friday, Sep 1:  KENTUCKY
Louisville - Policy Speech on "Restoring Our Democracy"
Lexington - Rally with Supporters on "Crooks, Crime, and Cambodia. Why We Need Change."
Frankfort - Town Hall Speech
Bowling Green - Rally with KY Congressional Democrats

"Today we face so much disruption and corruption from our leaders in Washington, that's why I have always fought hard for the working people of Indiana just like a President Muskie will do for America."

Bowling Green, KY

Saturday, Sep. 2:  INDIANA
Indianapolis - Potluck with Constituents
Bloomington - Town Hall on "The Importance of Fairness to Democracy"
South Bend - Rally with Local Unions on "Labor Rights are Human Rights"

Sunday, Sep. 3:  INDIANA
Ft. Wayne - Attend Sunday Mass with Local Citizens
Evansville - Rally on "Save Our Kids in Vietnam"
Gary - Rally with Factory Workers on "Fair Wages for Fair Work!"
Lafayette - Meeting with Mothers of Soldiers over Seas

"Unlike others in the campaign who have flip-flopped, we have remained unwaivering in our call for fair wages for fair work and the need to end hostilities in Vietnam."

Ft. Wayne, IN

Monday, Sep 4: ILLINOIS
North Chicago - Policy Speech on "Combating Inflation and Unemployment"
South Chicago - Town Hall
Aurora - Barnstorming
Springfield - Testify before State Legislature on "No More War in Vietnam"

"We must continue to work to expand our economy, reduce unemployment, and promote basic economic fairness."

Tuesday, Sep 5: MISSOURI
Kansas City - Radio Interview on Kansas City Radio
St. Louis - Rally on "The Foreign Policy Debacle of this Administration:
Columbia - Rally on "Women's Rights - Pass the EPA!"
Joplin - Get Out the Vote Campaign

Wednesday, Sep 6: MICHIGAN
Ann Arbor - Policy Speech on "Jobs, Wages, Rights, and Dignity"
Flint - Rally on "Civil Rights Must Continue To Be Fought For" with Senator Muskie
Mackinaw City - Barnstorming
Detroit - Voter Registration and Meet + Greet

"It's time for us to achieve civil rights - rights for women, rights for minorities, rights for workers - NOW!"

Ann Arbor, MI

Thurday, Sep 7:  MICHIGAN
Detroit - Rally on "The Corruption in the White House must End"
Dearborn - Voter Registration and Meet + Greet
Ocean City - Barnstorming
Traverse City - Town Hall

"Our democracy is based on the rule of law - and that is entirely inconsistent with the governmental abuses and corruption that we are seeing now in this Administration."
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1065 on: February 16, 2016, 08:52:52 PM »

The Nixon Campaign - September 1 to September 7, 1972

President Nixon campaigns in lower Manhattan as part of his tour of New York City.

September 1, 1972

- President Nixon travels to Atlantic City, New Jersey, where he delivers a speech to a crowded audience of supporters upon arrival and proceeds to campaign around the city throughout the morning.

- President Nixon flies to Trenton, New Jersey, to spend the afternoon meeting with state GOP leaders and coordinating voter organization efforts. He also attends a number of rallies around the city to help boost voter support.

- President Nixon delivers a passionate speech to a crowd of 10,000 outside of the New Jersey State Capitol Building. He is joined by Governor Cahill and a variety of other prominent local officeholders and celebrities.

"Hello, New Jersey! Thank you, thank you very much! It's great to have such a warm welcome this evening from a group of patriotic Americans in a state that stood strong with Nixon in '68, has stood strong with Nixon over the last four years, and will stand strong with Nixon again in '72! It's truly an honor to have all of your support, and I appreciate the help that the state of New Jersey has given me over the past few years more than I could ever describe in words. However, if we want to continue the progress and reform that has been started by the Nixon Administration throughout the course of the last four years, then we need to continue to work hard in this campaign and get the rest of the nation on board! Because you see, New Jersey, this campaign isn't just about reaching the 270 electoral vote threshold necessary to win a second term. This campaign is about showing the American people what the Nixon Administration has done to help and will continue to do if allowed to remain in office, and this campaign is about giving hope to the millions of Americans who are only now finally being able to truly access the full meaning of the American Dream. Under my first four years in office, I worked tirelessly to help all of the American people regardless of their race, gender, religion, or socioeconomic status, and I passed meaningful reform that fixed our nation's economy for all within its reach, expanded the breadth of civil rights, and established a more meaningful and more effective way to protect our environment so our children and our children's children can enjoy our world in the very same way that we are able to. Under the Nixon Administration, the United States' place in the international community was defined, refined, and expanded, and we were able to work with other nations and communities in order to ensure that our world will be safe and prosperous for years to come. I ask you, New Jersey, are you not proud of the progress that our nation has made? Do you not eagerly look forward to four more years of economic growth, foreign policy success, and a better, more beautiful America for all of those within its borders? I know I sure do, New Jersey, and I know you do, too. It is for this reason that I sincerely ask for your vote this November - a vote not just for Nixon, but for progress, peace, and prosperity for all. Thank you."

September 2, 1972

- After traveling to Newark overnight, President Nixon begins to campaign around the city, focusing on increasing voter turnout among GOP supporters and emphasizing the success of his first term.

- President Nixon eats lunch with local party leaders in Newark and proceeds to travel to Jersey City, where he spends a busy afternoon campaigning. President Nixon attends a variety of rallies to promote his reelection campaign.

September 3, 1972

- President Nixon travels to Staten Island to begin his four-day, five-borough tour of New York City. He spends the morning attending a variety of stump speeches around the island, discussing his positions on civil rights, the economy, and foreign policy, as well as the successes of the Nixon Administration during his first four years in office.

- President Nixon eats lunch at a Staten Island deli and proceeds to travel to Brooklyn, where he meets an anxious crowd of 15,000 supporters and delivers a strongly-worded speech regarding his motives and accomplished goals as President.

- President Nixon spends the evening touring Brooklyn and participating in a variety of campaign events, rallying Republican voters in the area and convincing them to turn out to vote in November.

September 4, 1972

- President Nixon travels to Queens, where he begins a heavy day of campaigning at dawn in order to drive up voter organization in the area and foster new support. He focuses heavily on his biography and experience as he travels throughout the area.

- President Nixon participates in a number of town halls around Queens throughout the mid-morning and early afternoon, addressing the concerns of voters and emphasizing his successes in foreign policy and civil rights throughout his first term.

- President Nixon delivers a speech to a crowded audience as his day in Queens comes to an end, outlining his goals for a second term in office and convincing supporters to volunteer for his campaign.

September 5, 1972

- After traveling to Manhattan overnight, President Nixon attends a massive fundraising and organizing event at the Rockefeller Center alongside Governor Nelson Rockefeller, convincing local party leaders and GOP activists to increase voter turnout among Nixon supporters and help organize his state campaign in the months leading up to the election.

- President Nixon and Governor Rockefeller travel around the city throughout the day, attending a number of rallies and other campaign events in order to rouse support for his campaign.

- President Nixon spends the evening addressing Manhattan and the nation in a massive televised rally, outlining his goals for the nation for a potential second term and galvanizing supporters across the country.

"Good evening, Manhattan! Good evening, New York! Good evening, America! It is so great to be with you tonight, and I look forward to having an honest, genuine discussion about the issues that face us today. You see America, the people of our nation are about to make a choice of uttermost importance. Today, Americans face a monumental decision, a decision that will determine what path our nation takes over the next four years, a decision that will determine what kind of world our children and grandchildren will inherit from us, a decision that will determine who is to lead the American people during this era of great challenges. From the left and from the right, our Administration is being attacked today for not doing enough, for not helping the American people, for not being true to our word and making our nation a better place than it was when I took the presidential oath of office four years ago. It is clear as of this point in time that our opponents will stop at nothing to diminish me, that they will do anything to gain power, that they will spare no expense - they will spare no lie - to make it seem that the Nixon Administration has not helped the American people. My opponents care not for the truth - they care not for what is right and what is wrong - they care simply for whether or not they will be able to seize the White House come this November. My opponents accuse me of not truly caring about the well-being of the American people, but I must ask them - how can they make these accusations in good faith? How can they make these accusations and at the same time dismiss the accomplishments of the Nixon Administration as 'minor' or 'mundane'? During my first four years in office, I signed legislation that brought our nation's economy from a period of stagnation and and sluggishness into a period of growth and prosperity for all Americans, especially for those who were previously struggling to put dinner on the table for their families. During my first four years in office, we established the Environmental Protection Agency, and I signed into law the Clean Air Act and the National Environmental Policy Act in order to make sure that our children and our children's children can enjoy the same clean, safe, and beautiful world that we do today. During my first four years in office, I signed into law Title IX, which protected equal educational opportunity for all Americans regardless of their gender. During my first four years in office, we reopened diplomatic relations with China and participated in diplomatic talks with the Soviet Union in order to preserve peace and international brotherhood across the world for years to come. For God's sake, America, during my first four years in office, we sent men to the moon! So I ask you, America, are you not proud of what we have done over the past four years? Do you not look forward to what can and will be another four years of amazing progress and prosperity under President Nixon? I know you do, America, and I know I do too. So please, America, do what you know is right, and reelect Nixon in '72. Thank you, thank you!"

September 6, 1972

- President Nixon travels to the Bronx, where he attends a publicity event at the Bronx Zoo and spends the rest of the morning traveling throughout the city in order to rally support for his campaign.

- President Nixon spends the afternoon holding a variety of town halls throughout the Bronx, talking with locals and getting to better understand their views on the issues facing the American people. President Nixon spends the rest of the evening touring disadvantaged neighborhoods throughout the city and meeting with those who want to learn more about his platform and desire to help all of those within America's borders.

September 7, 1972

- President Nixon flies to Buffalo, New York for a brief rally with supporters before flying back to Washington, D.C. in order to attend to his presidential duties and rest with his family.

- President Nixon is photographed playing with his dogs Vicki, Pasha, and King Timahoe.

- President Nixon is disappointed to find out that the White House kitchen has run out of soup crackers.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1066 on: February 16, 2016, 09:04:07 PM »

Nixon/Yorty ads will be up momentarily.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1067 on: February 16, 2016, 09:26:24 PM »

The Nixon Campaign - Advertisement #1 (Turn Seventeen)

A man on the moon.

Women with the educational opportunities that they deserve.

Peace, unity, and diplomacy in the international community.

Four years ago, many of these things may have seemed far-fetched or unachievable. But under the Nixon Administration, Americans can once more believe that the opportunities of our nation know no bounds.

Under President Nixon, America has seen progress like it never has before. Support the expansion American Dream, and vote Nixon in '72.

To be aired in:

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1068 on: February 16, 2016, 10:27:52 PM »

Nixon Campaign - Advertisement #2

I stand before you as a fellow American.

We live in extraordinary and challenging times. Make no mistake: this nation has gone through much turmoil in the last few years.

When I came into office, people were rioting in the streets. Blood was shed often.

But we as a nation could no longer tolerate that. We stood on principle and we went back to work.

This administration has worked from day one to stop the violence in the streets and truly restore peace.

Parents should let their children go to school without worrying what will happen. Communities and businesses should thrive.

It has been a long road, but as your President, I am honored to have played a role in healing our nation's wounds. Let's keep working together to make the United States better than ever.

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1069 on: February 16, 2016, 10:42:10 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2016, 10:44:46 PM by Classic Conservative »

SCHMITZ RADIO AD

Our country is in trouble and we all know it, we have terrorists in our street shooting up cops, our dollar is weak, we are losing our boys every single day in Vietnam and we aren't winning in Indochina. We are not winning anymore, our values are losing and abortion will be on-demand and unlimited in just under a year. Americans, it's time for We the People to take our country back and if we do not the American Dream could soon be dead. If you believe in this message that We the People can take our country back, it's time to make a choice that will bring us back to our founders dream and Vote for Schmitz in '72.

I'm John G. Schmitz and I approve this message.

This ad is being played on all radio stations in the fifty states and the District of Columbia.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1070 on: February 16, 2016, 10:43:40 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2016, 10:54:06 PM by Spiral »

REPORTER #1: Mayor Yorty, how is the campaign going?

YORTY: Fantastic! Thank you for asking.

REPORTER #2: What do you have to say about the repeated attacks from Senator Muskie this week?

YORTY: Same old business that we've seen for months, folks. Senator Muskie has been smarting ever since I beat him in New Hampshire and now he's exasperated after he thought that he had seen the last of me. This election isn't about me, Sam Yorty, even if he wants to make people think it is. This is about picking a leader, and President Nixon has the guts and the stamina to lead us forward after years of chaotic governance from the Democrats. Muskie has nothing to run on.

REPORTER #3: What about the ads playing from the Schmitz campaign calling the President a traitor?

YORTY: These are but the rantings of a man desperate for attention. Mr. Schmitz has tried to grab every last ounce of relevance he can muster up through these accusations, as we've seen repeatedly over this past year. I understand his appeal, although following Schmitz's campaign is like getting on board a sinking ship. President Nixon is for law and order, a strong national defense, and a revival of this economy. I encourage his supporters to take a better look at our campaign and they may like what they see.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1071 on: February 16, 2016, 10:55:13 PM »

The Nixon Campaign - Advertisement #3 (Turn Seventeen)

Principle. Courage. Integrity. These are all values that define the life and actions of our nation's President, Richard M. Nixon.

Throughout his lifelong service to our nation through his work as a Senator, Vice President, and President of the United States, Richard Nixon has been a consistent and compassionate supporter of the values that define our nation and give it its faith and strength.

In these crucial times, it is vital that we, the American people, choose hope and progress over the hate-driven radicalism of extremists who wish to diminish the efforts of those who have worked for decades to improve our nation.

In this time of great importance, the American people will put their trust and confidence in the only leader who can truly make America stronger. Vote Nixon '72.

To be aired in:

YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #1072 on: February 16, 2016, 11:02:42 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2016, 11:04:15 PM by YPestis25 »

Muskie/Bayh Advertisement

"Do you want proven leadership?"

"Do you want to choose a ticket that is better than just the lesser of two evils?"

"Then vote for the principled choice this fall. Vote for Muskie/Bayh."

To run in:

YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #1073 on: February 16, 2016, 11:07:41 PM »

Press Release from Muskie/Bayh Campaign

We are proud to announce the opening of five new campaign offices in the Northeast, and three in the Midwest.

Two of our new offices will be located in Pennsylvania, one each in Philadelphia and Pittsburg. A third will be located in New York City. The last two will be placed in Baltimore, Maryland and Atlantic City, New Jersey.

Of our three offices in the Midwest, one will be placed in Chicago. Another will be placed in Detroit, and out last will be opened in St. Louis.

Our campaign hopes to expand these offices throughout the country over the coming weeks.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1074 on: February 16, 2016, 11:08:21 PM »

Schmitz South Carolina Press Conference

REPORTER #1: Congressman Schmitz, Mayor Yorty said earlier today in a press conference that your rantings are those of a madmen. What do you say to him?

SCHMITZ: Ah, my favorite mayor Flip Flopping Sam. Sam is a good man, I know him very well. My so called "rantings" aren't those of a madman they are what, I hear in every town hall and meet and greet, I attend. People are angry at Chairman Mao Lovin' Nixon and Flip Flopping Sam, who said just months earlier that Nixons Presidency was a failure, and now he's Dick's running mate. This should be a non-issue anyway.

REPORTER #2: Congressman Schmitz, what do you think of the Munich Attacks recently.

SCHMITZ: Really, I am disgusted that the world has come to this, people now kill and murder people at sporting events. One thing we must do is Stand with Our Allies of Israel and West Germany. Israel is our greatest ally and is the homeland of the Jewish People. I ask everyone to pray for the families of the victims and that we can restore law and order in those country.

REPORTER #3: Congressman Schmitz, you have recently stated that you wouldn't mind the Confederate Flag flying on a state Capitol building, some has called this very rude and racist considering the South lost the war.

SCHMITZ: Ah, great question, I support the Confederate Flag. I don't think we should be flying it on the rooftop of the US Capitol Building but if South Carolina or Alabama wants to fly it on their Capitol building. They can they are allowed to and I won't and can't do anything. It is a Tenth Admendment Issue it is  about States Rights and States should be allowed to fly a damn piece of cloth. I would however have an issue if some radical and racist black group came along wanting to fly the Black Pride or Black Panther Flag.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies