Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:12:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 51
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 108919 times)
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: October 02, 2015, 09:28:54 AM »

Wallace Endorsements

John Sparkman

-He lays out an extensive GOTV campaign in Alabama and he calls for state's rights and more infrastructure programs.

John C. Stennis

-He urges people to vote for Wallace in the primary, telling every democratic ethnic voter would vote for Wallace as he's a man of the south. Lays out a GOTV campaign with campaign on Wallace's integrity and his good intentions in Missippi.

John James Flynt, Jr.

-Wallace is a traditional, southern Democrat committed to the democrat cause of fighting for the little guy and state's rights. He will fight for all of Georgia and every southern Georgian ought' to vote for him. He will have an extensive GOTV campaign in Georgia with Wallace's staff to fight for Georgia and it's state's values and protecting the south .
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #626 on: October 02, 2015, 09:48:23 AM »

WALLCE AD

Vote Wallace

Governor for the people

A governor true in his convictions

Governor against busing

Govenror against Federal Intursion

Governor Agaisnt Forced Integration

Governor for Education

Governor for Infastructure

Governor For the People

Vote Wallace, For a safe future

Played in Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee,North Carolina- $250,000
Played in Indiana, Ohio- $ 125, 000

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #627 on: October 02, 2015, 09:59:54 AM »

By the way, news coverage on the results begins in exactly ten hours. There's a lot of results to create, so I can't wait until Midnight (that is, Chilean midnight).

I'm not quite sure yet of how exactly to make the release, so I'll get into planning once I finish some university related matters.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #628 on: October 02, 2015, 12:32:59 PM »

Endorsements(TBF):
Mayor-Commisioner Walter Washington of D. C.

"Never before has our city been so ready for a movement. After the fighting for civil rights and many riots, we were tense and ready to spring. I am proud to endorse Representative Morris Udall's campaign for the Presidency, and I feel good to know that I am part of the movement of hope."
- Head up GOTV in Washington, D. C.

Acting Mayor Sanford Garelik of New York City
"Mo Udall is the best candidate to carry on Former Mayor Lindsay's movement."
- Help transfer remnants of Lindsay's campaign to Udall
- Mayoral Duties

Governor William Guy of North Dakota
"No Udall is the best man who understands Midwestern values and has the needed pragmatism to win."
- GOTV on last day
- Speech
- Gubernatorial duties

Former Governor Philip H. Hoff of Vermont
"Morris Udall has Vermont's best interests at heart. I proudly endorse him, knowing that the country need not be divided as Nixon and another man want. I urge those of you undecided who respect me to support Udall as a man of the people - a uniter, not a divider."

- Chair Vermont campaign
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #629 on: October 02, 2015, 01:39:11 PM »

McGovern's Campaign Schedule Will Be Up Soon, but...

McGovern Files For All Available Primaries!
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #630 on: October 02, 2015, 02:12:42 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2015, 05:39:17 PM by VPH »

Southern Values (TV)

Narrator: "Looking for a Democrat who stands for your values? Look no further than Senator Fred Harris."

Coal Miner in Tennessee: "Fred Harris stands for the unions that have made our region strong. He picketed with us when we fought the management head honchos."

Restaurant-owning couple in Mississippi: "We've told all our family and friends about Fred Harris. He wants to make paying our taxes simpler so that our family store can prosper."

Young Vietnam veteran in North Carolina: "When I came back from the war, I had trouble finding a job. Thanks to Fred Harris, I have hope that veterans will be treated right."

Suburban mother in Tennessee: "Fred Harris is the only candidate who will keep the peace in our streets. Even the other 'law and order' candidates did nothing to stop rising crime during their time in office. Fred Harris' plans will keep my young boys safe from criminals."

Retiree in Georgia: "I don't want some ideologue to dismantle the government or nationalize industries. I want a more efficient government that cares about the people, and Fred Harris is the only candidate who can deliver."

Factory worker in Alabama: "Here in Alabama, we value hard work, prosperity, and honesty. I see those qualities in Fred Harris. Like me, he's worked hard all his life and knows what it's like to struggle. That's why he understands us.

Narrator: "Fred Harris understands the common man and woman. Vote for Harris. Vote for American families. Vote for a stronger South."

Airing in:
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #631 on: October 02, 2015, 05:20:52 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2015, 05:39:29 PM by VPH »

A Look at the Records (Newspaper)
(Paid for by a mailer fundraising campaign)

Narrator: "Senator Edmund Muskie voted for the Gulf on Tonkin resolution, but now he claims to oppose the war. Which way is it, Ed?

Mayor Sam Yorty beat many Republicans to the game by supporting president Nixon 12 years ago. Then, he faced off against FDR's son in 1965. Is Sam Yorty a real Democrat like he claims? He calls for law and order, but crime rose massively under his term. Does he really have the experience to keep the peace nationwide?

George Wallace spurned the Democratic Party in 1968, but now he's returned. Not only that, but he went from pushing smaller government to hakwing nationalization of industry. Really now?"

Fred Harris: "I, like many Americans, have many questions about the records of my opponents. I believe in accountability, and the named men should take responsibility for their past actions. I've been an unwavering voice for unions, higher education reform, a sensible end to the war, and tax reform to help working Americans. I'm a proud lifelong Democrat, and I'm running for president. I hope to have your vote, because we need to stand up and fight the flip-flopping, the corporate interests, and the extremists."

Ads will run until the date of that primary, so Pennsylvania for example will end after that election.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #632 on: October 02, 2015, 05:38:52 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2015, 07:59:24 PM by VPH »

Fred Harris GOTV Strategy

Massachusetts
-Emphasize anti-war credentials
-Reach out to McGovern supporters on Vietnam
-Mobilize the student vote en masse
-Get the mill-town support
-Use Mayor White's Boston machine to win that region
-Talk about Yorty's anti-ERA stance

Pennsylvania
-Push for a MAJOR win
-Make this a focal point of the campaign
-Attract high turnout in the Allegheny region
-Win the Pittsburgh area by a lot
-Get a strong performance among blacks and ethnic voters in Philadelphia
-Attract Muskie supporters with a populist appeal on issues like the minimum wage, jobs, and unions
-Hold and grow the lead
-Strong surrogate support should translate into success
-Push back on Yorty's attacks, especially emphasizing his anti-ERA stance among women
--Make Harris the anti-Yorty, anti-Wallace populist

Vermont
-Don't spend much money
-Get the anti-war vote
-Appeal to Mo Udall's voters via populism
-Perform well in rural areas

DC
-Rely on surrogate support
-Don't spend much money here at all
-Fundraise

Indiana
-Go for an all out win
-Get high turnout in South Indiana Democratic hotbeds
-Win Indianapolis and the surrounding areas
-Fight for strong union worker support around Gary and South Bend
-Turn out students for Harris
-Push back on Yorty's attacks and emphasize his anti-ERA stance
-Take McGovern support via emphasis on rural issues
--Make Harris the anti-Yorty, anti-Wallace populist

Ohio
-Win Ohio River Valley towns
-Perform strongly in black communities and among ethnic factory workers
-Get the union labor vote
-Turn out Students for Harris groups at OU, OSU, etc
-Win Cleavland
-Shoot for a healthy number of delegates
-Make Harris the anti-Yorty, anti-Wallace populist

Tennessee
-Garner strong support in Memphis and Nashville
-Hit 25% support as a goal
-Use Frank Garner and Ross Bass to the fullest
-Undermine Wallace by talking about his plans to nationalize industry and comparing that to Soviet policy
-Push hard against Yorty and Wallace
-Turn back Yorty's attacks by talking about his failures on law and order and on economic issues
-Do well in rural Eastern Tennessee by showing a firey populist side
-Talk about personal background on an Oklahoma farm
-Toe the high line against Wallace's savage personal attacks

Alabama
-Don't spend money here

Georgia
-Get delegates from this contest
-Do well in Atlanta and the suburbs
-Undermine Wallace by talking about his plans to nationalize industry
-Emphasize law and order credentials

North Carolina
-Win union worker vote
-Get strong support in the big cities and in the Appalachian regions
-Win the black vote, but do not alienate white populists
-Turn out students
-Undermine Wallace by talking about his plans to nationalize industry and comparing them to communism
-Toe the high line against Wallace's savage personal attacks
-Hit 20%
-Emphasize law and order credentials

North Dakota
-Get some delegates
-Win among Native Americans
-Talk about the war
-Emphasize shared rural backgrounds

Mississippi
-Get support in the Delta and Northeastern regions from farmers
-Get some delegates
-Talk about rural issues
-Talk about infrastructure plans

Louisiana
-Get strong support from Cajuns
-Evoke the Huey Long populist legacy in a quest for 18%
-Win numerous parts of New Orleans
-Talk about infrastructure plans
-Attack Wallace's anti-Catholicism and promote Harris as the way to stop Wallace

Tactics
-Student rallies
-Buses to bring voters to polls
-Massive phonebanking operations
-Canvassing in major cities
-Mailers to raise money for these efforts
-Working with surrogates to get out the vote
-Talking to voters everywhere they can be found
-Follow up calls on election night to make sure people voted
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #633 on: October 02, 2015, 05:52:28 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2015, 07:56:26 PM by Spiral »

TV Ad: People on the Street

We asked regular people on the street what they think about Mayor Sam Yorty.

“Oh, he’s a fighter! And he’s feisty!”

“The guy is honest, and I can’t say that about most politicians.”

“He’s got real courage to stand up and not be like all the other candidates.”

“I don’t agree with him all the time, but at least I know he’s actually fighting for people like me.”

“He cares about people. He wants to protect me and my family.”

“You can tell he’s an independent thinker. No one has bought him out.”

“We need more leaders who have conviction, so that’s why I’m supporting him.”

The verdict is clear: Sam Yorty fights for people like you.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #634 on: October 02, 2015, 06:03:59 PM »

Sam Yorty Campaign Schedule: April 18-April 30 (Part 1/2)

April 18
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Beverly, MA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Pittsfield, MA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Attleboro, MA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Braintree, MA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Arlington, MA

Massachusetts, you have seen how our campaign’s support has skyrocketed across the country over time. Not only are we doing well in the South, but we’re doing well in the West, and, contrary to what the talking heads on TV think, we’re doing well in the North too! I hope my opponents haven’t forgotten that our very first victory was in neighboring New Hampshire. And, folks, what was done in New Hampshire can be done in Massachusetts with enough hard work! We are the underdogs in this state, but we have an opportunity to do much better than anyone realized. Will you mobilize in the streets and make sure that all of your voices are heard next week?

April 19
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Medford, MA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Fall River, MA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Newton, MA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Brockton, MA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Cambridge, MA

April 20
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Quincy, MA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Lowell, MA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Springfield, MA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Worcester, MA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Boston, MA

Understand that we have irresponsible leaders running this country. All they want is business as usual so they can continue on their careers at the expense of everyone else. Frankly, we’ve had enough of that kind of mentality! George McGovern, Ed Muskie, and Fred Harris are all part of the same gang in Washington who are desperately out of touch with regular Americans. In Massachusetts and across the country, you have good, hard-working Americans struggling to live their lives and who just want to leave their kids in a better state than where they were. Those who want the American dream know that it’s harder by the day to achieve that dream. The United States needs a change right now, and I humbly ask for your support so that we can bring the change we need in this country. Everyone will be better off for it.

April 21
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Radnor, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Mount Lebanon, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Norristown, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in State College, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Chester City, PA

For 40 years, I’ve been at the forefront of the labor issue. No one here has the proven track record for defending unions that can top mine. From a young lawyer to a state assemblyman to a congressman and to a major city mayor, this is something that I have never stopped fighting for. And, let me tell ya, you want a fighter in the White House, I can’t think of anyone else better than myself! I appreciate that my opponents like Senator Harris, Senator McGovern, and Governor Wallace bring up these issues, but they’re newcomers compared to me. An old, steady hand is what will provide the leadership we need on these issues.

April 22
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Cheltenham, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Wilkes Barre City, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Ridley, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in York City, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Lower Paxton, PA

You can tell that Senator Muskie is worn out, folks. He knows that this is his last stand. He’ll try to win Pennsylvania so he can run for a few more miles. However, he doesn’t realize that his campaign continues to lack energy and an inspiring message. All I’ve heard from him for months is, “Yorty is bad, and I can unite people!” What kind of a message is that if you keep relying on me for attacks? I barely hear him talk about his own solutions. Senator Muskie is desperate, and he should know that he clearly can’t unite people if even his own party has rejected him time and time again. On the 25th, let’s send a message to Senator Muskie that his time is finally up!

April 23
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Altoona, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Haverford, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Abington, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Harrisburg, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Scranton, PA

Here in Scranton and in many other places across the country, manufacturing has slowly been decimated. Who’s to blame for this? Well, many people are to blame, but President Nixon certainly hasn’t given a real damn about ordinary people like all of you out here. This is true of many politicians in Washington, D.C. All they want to do is secure your vote and cash out their paycheck! Meanwhile, they’ve forgotten about the thousands of families who have lost good-paying jobs and their own paychecks that come from them. As someone running for the highest office in the land, I would be a failure as President if I didn’t try to do anything about this, and, believe me, I’ll be fighting for you every step of the way. I won’t forget about you.

April 24
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Lower Merion, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Lancaster City, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Bensalem, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Millcreek Township, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Upper Darby, PA

April 25
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Reading City, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Erie, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Allentown, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Pittsburgh, PA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Philadelphia, PA

Mr. Hoover had his fair share of controversies over the years, but what you can’t dispute is that he cared about keeping this country safe. We need men with the backbone of Mr. Hoover to bring back good government. When you have criminals and terrorists running rampant, it’s time for a good crackdown, and so far our leaders have done little to nothing to stop these threats to society. Why should you care? Because, ladies and gentlemen, they’re a threat to you, your family, your friends, and your neighbors. These people have no morals, and they’re not afraid to wreak havoc and do harm. Philadelphia has seen riots just like many other cities have, so you know what I’m talking about. These other candidates won’t do jack to keep you safe. They have no solutions. They have no backbone. All they care about is getting elected. Isn’t it time to elect leaders that actually care about you and your safety?

April 26
-Town Hall in La Porte, IN
-Town Hall in Munster, IN
-Rally in Muncie, IN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Carmel, IN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Indianapolis, IN

What have I been saying all this time? It’s clear that the current strategy in Vietnam of a half-hearted effort has gone bust, and it’s thanks to the current administration. We cannot tolerate an advancing AVRN taking back territory, nor can we tolerate the North’s jets launching surprise attacks at our ships. Ladies and gentlemen, we have to get the job done. A President Yorty would reorganize our entire Vietnam strategy and focus on winning. It can be done, but not with the incompetent people currently in charge. If you want to defeat communism and spread liberty across the world, then it’s time for a new type of leader—not the same old Washington hacks.

April 27
-Town Hall in Mason, OH
-Town Hall in Bowling Green, OH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Huber Heights, OH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Strongsville, OH
-Fundraiser in Columbus, OH

The middle class and the poorest among us don’t have many voices in government who really do care about them. As I’ve said before, many of my opponents are just career politicians who care more about being reelected than representing their constituents. They are not statesmen, they are opportunists. The fact that we have so many of them around is just sickening. On the campaign trail, I’ve talked for months about the concrete solutions I’m proposing to raise everybody’s standard of living. You need a leader who has the vision and who has the guts to do what they say, and I think I can claim that about myself. All of my career in politics has been about that. Ohio, I’m counting on you to keep up our momentum so we can head in the White House and do what needs to be done!

April 28
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Dublin, OH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Beavercreek, OH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Fairfield, OH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Newark, OH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Findlay, OH

It warms my heart to see so many good-natured, hard-working Americans coming out and believing in a message like mine. You, folks, are the reason why this campaign is going strong. If it was just me, then I would be a lonely voice in a sea of many. But, all the work that you have put in counts. Thanks to you, we have made a difference and we have won in a number of states already! I know that we can keep this up. Ohio, I need you to storm the polls and make your voices heard! We can win here, and we can win the nomination!

April 29
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Grove City, OH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Euclid, OH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Springfield, OH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Youngstown, OH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Hamilton, OH

April 30
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Dayton, OH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Toledo, OH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Cincinnati, OH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Cleveland, OH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Columbus, OH

The economy is not President Nixon’s strong suit, to put it lightly. Under his presidency, he has implanted disastrous price controls and ramped up spending to uncontrollable levels. Not only are households feeling the pinch right now, but future generations will be saddled with debt that can make this country insolvent if nothing is done about it. We have to be compassionate, yes, but we also have to be frugal with our resources. Invest in sectors that yield good results and encourage economic growth, not deliberately constrain it. As President, I’m going to look out for you. I want to make sure that our economy rebounds and is stronger than ever. With the current leadership, you’ll just feel the same grief as ever. With me, things will change.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #635 on: October 02, 2015, 06:09:16 PM »

Sam Yorty Campaign Schedule: May 1-6 (Part 2/2)

The Southern Strategy

May 1
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Warner Robins, GA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Macon, GA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Athens, GA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Savannah, GA
-Fundraiser in Atlanta, GA

Governor Wallace has flip-flopped on some key issues in a matter of years. Just in 1968, he was for smaller government in our lives. He thought the Johnson years were full of bloated bureaucracy. Now, fast forward to 1972, and he's for nationalizing industry! If that isn't a turnaround I don't know what is! He may hate the hippies, but he should be careful about his own radical beliefs, because they sound more Soviet to me than anything. Why don't you go for a candidate who is grounded in reality and who has always been consistent?

May 2
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Rocky Mount, NC
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Jacksonville, NC
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Greenville, NC
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Chapel Hill, NC
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Concord, NC

If I were advising Nixon right now, here’s what I would tell him: Bomb the North! We can’t keep being indecisive about what our goals are. If you want to squash the communists in Vietnam, then, by God, do something about it! Bombing would only be a start to finishing the job, though. As I laid out in my plans a couple of weeks back in Arlington, we need to be smart with bombing the North and also invest more troops in key areas. Sometimes I wish the politicians in D.C. would listen to citizens a little more often, but we already know from their records that they are failures. It’s time for a clean slate.

May 3
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Asheville, NC
-Barnstorming and GOTV in High Point, NC
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Cary, NC
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Fayetteville, NC
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Winston-Salem, NC

Fred Harris is part of the establishment that has left us in the state that we’re in today. He may talk differently and sound like a populist, but remember: the guy is a run-of-the-mill lawyer! He doesn’t understand where you all are coming from. He can’t relate. Not only that, but he has little to show in his career about what he’s accomplished. Senator Harris may talk the talk, but he just can’t walk the walk. If you’re thinking about supporting Harris in the primary, I ask that you look at my campaign. I can claim to be a person of integrity like Senator Harris claims for himself, but I can also show it. I’ve stood up to special interests and big party bosses throughout my career. In this election, I’m the true populist.

May 4
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Wilmington, NC
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Durham, NC
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Greensboro, NC
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Raleigh, NC
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Charlotte, NC

Folks, I appreciate Governor Wallace. However, Governor Wallace is a latecomer. After waffling on another third-party bid, he decides to retreat to the Democrats. Now, I’m a man who likes consistency. I echo something that Senator Harris asked a while back: What is Governor Wallace’s allegiance to the Democratic Party? He offers a lot of red meat to the good people of the South, but can we be sure that he would effectively campaign against Nixon in the general election? I have some doubts. Now, who has been here in the primaries raising these issues from the beginning? I was the first one to talk about the crime epidemic plaguing our neighborhoods. I warned against the pro-busing forces invading our communities and lowering the quality of education. I’ve been firm against the radicals trying to take over this party and who now support candidates like McGovern. I’ve been fighting over these issues from the very beginning of my campaign, and I’ve shown the dedication needed to take the fight over the long haul. If you want to win, North Carolina, then I’m your choice this week.

May 5
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Alexandria, LA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Monroe, LA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Kenner, LA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Bossier City, LA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Lake Charles, LA

This policy of busing that Washington is pushing will be devastating to families across the country. As you’re out trying to decide who to caucus for, you have to examine the records of the candidates. Fred Harris, Ed Muskie, and George McGovern all unapologetically support busing nationwide. This means that, for the sake of “equality,” we will erode quality education and increase friction in our communities. Only a fool would support policies like that, so they do not deserve your vote. Look at my record, though. I have been firm and said “no” to busing from the beginning, because I know the harm it will do in Louisiana and everywhere else. Even when the media battered me for weeks about it, I’ve stood my ground. Know that you’ll have a fighter in the White House in Sam Yorty.

May 6
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Lafayette, LA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Metairie, LA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Shreveport, LA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Baton Rogue, LA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in New Orleans, LA

Louisiana, I know we can win here! We’re the best organized campaign and we have the momentum going as the one candidate who can compete with and beat McGovern. Senator McGovern is a threat to you and your entire way of life. I fear what he could do if he ever were in the White House. Now that he’s in the lead nationally, we need to unite behind one candidate who can stand toe-to-toe with him. Many of you like Governor Wallace, but he has proven to be too divisive and does not have the resources to win the nomination. If you’re tempted by Senator Harris’s populist rhetoric, he’s nearly as bad as McGovern with his pro-busing policy and his embrace of the radicals. In this caucus tonight, I need you to show up and vote to stop McGovern. The only way to do that is to caucus for Yorty.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #636 on: October 02, 2015, 06:22:42 PM »

Campaign Activities

-Aggressive fundraising in California, New York, Florida, Illinois, Texas, Michigan, Ohio, Virginia, and North Carolina
-Contacting new donors in California, New York, Florida, Texas, Virginia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and North Carolina
-Opening new campaign offices in California, Michigan, Maryland, Washington, and New York
-Greatly expanding campaign offices in California
-Hiring staff/recruiting volunteers in California, Michigan, Maryland, Arkansas, and Kentucky
-Expansion of direct mail advertising in California, Michigan, Maryland, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Washington

The Yorty campaign will file for the Michigan, Maryland, Oregon, and California primaries.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #637 on: October 02, 2015, 06:41:06 PM »

Sam Yorty Endorsements

Former Governor Jimmie Davis (D-LA)

Folks, I may be an old crooner now, but I know someone with spirit when I see 'em. Sam Yorty is my kind of guy. I think he has what it takes to go all the way to the White House if we give him a chance. That starts in Louisiana. You betcha I'll work to make him win here!

Governor Davis will be heading the Yorty campaign's Louisiana operation, barnstorming the state and organizing activists to show up on caucus night.

Former Governor John McKeithen (D-LA)

Mayor Yorty represents the spirit of the Democratic Party that I fear is slipping away. He understands the importance of heritage and American strength while the other candidates have failed to impress me. He has my support, and hopefully Louisiana's.

Governor McKeithen will be barnstorming Lousiana for all two weeks and organizing activists to show up on caucus night.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #638 on: October 02, 2015, 07:00:02 PM »

No more than one or two hours left here.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #639 on: October 02, 2015, 07:06:15 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2015, 07:45:49 PM by Intell »

WALLACE AD

Look Folks, I've been hearing people say that I don't have an allegiance to the democratic party, and guess what I don't.

All these politicians, especially Harris will bow to the party rather than working for the people.

They will follow through on the left's continuing of the destruction of state's rights and the constitution. They would rather serve their greedy democratic party establishment then the people, that's why Wallace is your guy, he's fought for the people, not for the party, he fought against his party when it was right and never towed the party line. Vote Wallace a man for the people not for the party.

Played in: Red States

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #640 on: October 02, 2015, 07:43:54 PM »

No more than one or two hours left here.

Will post in about an hour. Sorry, just trying to get my details all straightened out!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #641 on: October 02, 2015, 07:53:34 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2015, 07:58:50 PM by Spiral »

Sam Yorty GOTV Strategy: Delegate Hunting

Leaving April and heading into May, the Yorty campaign's strategy for the primaries and caucuses is simple: maximize delegates across the board. While there are not as many states open for a clear victory as in past primaries, the campaign is competitive in most of them and it seeks to bolster their showings through an intense GOTV operation. This way, they may still come out as the 'winner' in the end. For all of the states, the following actions are being conducted:

-Targeting undecided voters, highlighting Yorty’s independent streak and willingness to “speak the truth” on law and order along with other issues
-Targeting blue collar voters in urban and suburban areas, highlighting the economy, labor issues, law and order, and Vietnam
-Targeting ethnic voters statewide, highlighting the economy, labor issues, law and order, and Vietnam
-Targeting white collar voters in urban areas, highlighting the economy, education, and law and order
-Targeting low-income voters across the state (especially in rural areas), highlighting the economy, education, and healthcare
-Targeting union members across the state, highlighting labor, the economy, education, and healthcare
-Targeting veterans and those currently serving across the state, highlighting a muscular foreign policy and new attention on veterans' affairs
-Targeting moderate and conservative Democrats, citing Yorty's positions on law and order, the economy, and foreign policy
-Targeting disaffected Democrats across the state who normally don't vote
-Targeting Republicans to vote in the Democratic primaries, highlighting Yorty as the candidate with the greatest crossover appeal
-Persuading former Lindsay supporters to switch to Yorty, highlighting their similarities on issues such as law and order along with noting their civility to each other on the campaign trail
-Persuading Muskie supporters to switch to Yorty, criticizing Muskie as "just another politician" and showcasing Yorty as a similar moderate Democrat
-Persuading Harris supporters to switch to Yorty, criticizing Harris for his extreme anti-war views on Vietnam and pointing to Yorty as the more "genuine" champion of issues such as labor, education, healthcare, etc.
-Persuading Wallace supporters to switch to Yorty, criticizing Wallace for his flip-flopping on issues and portraying as a "figure of the past," while pulling them in on issues such as busing, law and order, Vietnam, and labor

For select states, unique actions are underway:

Massachusetts
-Persuading McGovern supporters to switch to Yorty by painting Yorty as a populist who understands their needs
-Neutralizing Muskie by painting him as a Washington insider and a has-been who "had his shot" at the nomination
-Bolstering support among white ethnic voters that would otherwise go to Wallace
-Push for a strong performance

Pennsylvania
-Persuading McGovern supporters to switch to Yorty by painting Yorty as a populist who understands their needs
-Targeting factory voters, citing Yorty's pro-worker policies and populist beliefs that resonate with this group
-Neutralizing Harris and Wallace by painting Harris as a Washington insider and Wallace as a opportunistic flip-flopper
-Targeting Amish voters, citing Yorty's belief in family values and support for Amish autonomy
-Push for a victory

Ohio
-Neutralizing Muskie by painting him as a Washington insider and a has-been who "had his shot" at the nomination
-Neutralizing Harris and Wallace by painting Harris as a Washington insider and Wallace as a opportunistic flip-flopper
-Targeting Amish voters, citing Yorty's belief in family values and support for Amish autonomy
-Push for a victory

Indiana
-Targeting Evangelical voters, citing Yorty's beliefs in family values and strong communities
-Targeting Black protestant voters, citing Yorty's beliefs in family values and strong communities
-Push for a strong performance

Tennessee
-Aggressively bringing down Wallace's support by calling him an opportunistic flip-flopper
-Targeting Baptist voters, citing Yorty's beliefs in family values and strong communities
-Consolidating support as the "anti-Wallace" alternative by pointing out flaws in Muskie and Harris
-Targeting coal workers, citing Yorty's pro-worker policies and his push for better jobs

Georgia
-Aggressively bringing down Wallace's support by calling him an opportunistic flip-flopper
-Targeting poor black voters, positioning Yorty as the strongest "anti-Wallace" alternative who will look out for them
-Consolidating support as the "anti-Wallace" alternative by pointing out flaws in Muskie and Harris

Alabama
-Targeting Evangelical voters, citing Yorty's belief in family values and strong communities
-Targeting black voters, positioning Yorty as the strongest "anti-Wallace" alternative

Mississippi
-Targeting Evangelical voters, citing Yorty's belief in family values and strong communities
-Targeting black voters, positioning Yorty as the strongest "anti-Wallace" alternative

North Carolina
-Targeting Black Protestant voters, citing Yorty's belief in family values and strong communities
-Push for a victory

Louisiana
-Targeting Black Protestant voters, citing Yorty's belief in family values and strong communities
-Push for a victory

North Dakota
-Targeting voters across the board by highlighting Yorty's Western appeal and independent nature
-Targeting rural voters by highlighting Yorty's level of attention paid to them on the campaign trail

It is the Yorty campaign's hope that with this very aggressive GOTV operation, they will be able to acquire as many delegates as possible and come out with the most in the end, even if they don't win the plurality of states--for, in the end, delegates are what count in the convention.

In the first week, with many McGovern supporters up in the air with him off the ballot in Massachusetts and Pennsylvania, Yorty hopes to secure a decent chunk of those voters, as well as boost the regular voting blocs that come out for Yorty. For Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Indiana, special attention is being paid to organizing in both the large cities and in sparse rural areas. Yorty typically overperforms in rural areas by a large measure, although Yorty is also seeking to overperform just as much in urban areas, so the candidate is employing a big-city strategy in the final days of campaigning in those states. As much as possible, Yorty is also undermining Muskie and Harris by painting them as creatures of Washington who don't relate to ordinary Americans. The Rust Belt is fertile ground for Yorty, so he is expected to exceed expectations in these states when the votes are counted.

Coming into May, the Southern primaries are also given much attention, and despite Wallace's presence, the campaign believes that Yorty can still do very well and even win in at least two states: North Carolina and Louisiana. In addition, Yorty is also positioning himself in a new role in the South: the main "anti-Wallace" alternative. With this strategy, the campaign is actively seeking out voters to strategically switch their allegiances from other candidates to Yorty in order to halt Wallace's momentum. Wallace is painted as the radical while Yorty is the moderate with the only chance of beating him in any of the Southern primaries. To this effect, the campaign has been relentless in taking in voters from Harris, Muskie, and even McGovern. Yorty surrogates have also been attacking Harris and Muskie constantly for their pro-busing stance and their general hostility to Southern values, further eroding opponents' support. This strategy is being employed throughout the entire region, even in Wallace's home state of Alabama to weaken him, where Yorty still expects to pick up a sizable number of delegates.

Ultimately, should the Yorty campaign's GOTV strategy be successful, Yorty will overperform in nearly all of the states and collect many more delegates than expected. As the campaign with the strongest organization, it is expected that all of these efforts with yield excellent results and put Yorty in a solid path to the nomination.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #642 on: October 02, 2015, 07:55:43 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2015, 07:59:47 PM by VPH »

Public Media Statement on Attack Ads
Nashville, Tennessee

"Now I've got two dishonest demagogues on my back. Two guys who don't give a rip about the common people. Pick honesty, America.

Both of them are lying through their teeth. Mayor Yorty, a lifelong politician, seems to want to call me out for being a lawyer. Mind you, at that, a lawyer who always stuck up for the people suing the big bosses and the corrupt special interests. As a lawyer, I've done much to help common folks. Moreover, he lies about my position on busing. I've never said I support nationwide busing. Busing is an inefficient way to do things. My economic plan will promote prosperity for all Americans without forcing anything on the states.

One of them, Governor George Wallace, seems to be glazed over by a crazy fantasy of his. He thinks he can seamlessly rejoin this party when it was his fault we got Richard Nixon in 1968. Isn't that crazy, folks? Wallace says he's right, but which Wallace is talking? 1968 Wallace or 1972 Wallace? Last time, he was in favor of cutting the government. Now he's in support of expanding it. Last time, he called for government out of business. Now he wants government to take over business in a communist fashion. In 1968, he ran with a VP who wanted to use nukes on Vietnam. Now Wallace is anti war. He says he respects states' rights, but he calls for massive federal programs. C'mon, America, we don't need another snake-oil salesman in the White House. We already have Nixon there.

The second attacker is Mayor Sam Yorty. Where do I start. Perhaps on the fact that under his administration, crime increased? Mayor Yorty presided over violent riots and did not prevent them. I've already told you all about his endorsement of Nixon in 1960. Get that, he helped set the stage for the president plundering out nation at this moment. Saigon Sam wants more bombs, more violence, and more war. We don't need Nixon-lite. He's come out against the ERA. That's a slight to every woman in America.

I've laid out my plans. Protection of the American worker, combat against high prices and rising unemployment, responsible end to conflict in Asia, and a crackdown on the special interest head honchos. I was the first populist in this race, and I'll keep fighting for the people."
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #643 on: October 02, 2015, 08:03:47 PM »

So glad I can sit out of this one...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #644 on: October 02, 2015, 08:10:43 PM »

One is dead...

Seven left the race...

Another just a heartbeat away...

Eight fight for the crown...

And a deranged assassin wonders whom to hunt.

OOC: Yeah, I was bored waiting for the schedules. Finding the right pictures to make a "poster" took a while, and my skill at Paint is non-existant.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #645 on: October 02, 2015, 08:14:49 PM »

One is dead...

Seven left the race...

Another just a heartbeat away...

Eight fight for the crown...

And a deranged assassin wonders whom to hunt.

OOC: Yeah, I was bored waiting for the schedules. Finding the right pictures to make a "poster" took a while, and my skill at Paint is non-existant.

Sexy.

Who is the deranged assassin?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #646 on: October 02, 2015, 08:17:51 PM »

TV Ad: Busing

"I unequivocally stand in favor of equal education. And that, like it or not, requires busing. [. . .] Only through busing can we have equal education." --Ed Muskie, Florida straw poll

"I stand firmly behind the policy of busing. [. . .] Busing is part of the big picture of general societal integration and ending racism." --Fred Harris, Democratic primary debate

The records speak for themselves. Ed Muskie and Fred Harris do not stand for Southern values.

Vote for someone who does. Vote for Sam Yorty.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #647 on: October 02, 2015, 08:21:40 PM »

Why, Mr. Arthur Bremer! You don't think he's going to play nice and not shoot a presidential candidate, do you?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #648 on: October 02, 2015, 08:28:44 PM »

Sam Yorty Response to Fred Harris

Senator Harris, again, is trying to weasel his way out of a situation by launching attacks at others. Here are the facts: he is a lawyer by trade who doesn't have much of a record. He comes into Washington as a senator and snuggles up to the party establishment, and that's best shown by how he got the DNC chairmanship. He can call me a crazy demagogue all he wants, but I have a plan to end the crime wave, revive the economy, and win the war in Vietnam. He doesn't.

Also, Senator Harris got caught in a brazen lie. He claims that he doesn't support busing as a nationwide policy. Really? That's not what you said a few months ago at the last debate. He made it clear that he supports busing and is unapologetic about it. Either Senator Harris is being deceptive about his real beliefs or he has flip-flopped on this in a really short time.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #649 on: October 02, 2015, 08:29:42 PM »

Question when is the candidate going to get shot, this coming turn???
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies