Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:26:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 51
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 107397 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2015, 02:11:11 AM »

Sam Yorty Debate Responses

Opening Statement:

My name is Sam Yorty. I have been a mayor for over a decade, turning Los Angeles from a middle-sized metropolis to one of the largest and most prosperous cities in the U.S. My experience shows that I have the management skills to turn this country around where our leaders have failed us time and time again. I speak for the disgruntled and disaffected who haven't had a voice before now. Whatever happens tonight, it should be a lively debate that I look forward to.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Busing has good intentions, but it's clear to me that it's only caused more harm in these communities than good. What have we seen across the country since these policies have been introduced? More friction, less understanding, and no real progress. You have to take big changes like integration one step at a time, and busing is a good example of too much too quickly. I know plenty of people are ready to pounce on me on this, but let's get the facts straight: I am no segregationist like Mr. Wallace. As Mayor of Los Angeles, I was the first mayor in the city's history to have a racially integrated staff. There is a difference between governments integrating and communities integrating, though. It takes time for people as a whole to change their old ways. The government can encourage change by setting a good example for others, but placing these mandates helps no one and hurts their own cause.

First, let's be clear: The law is the law, folks. All of these draft dodgers have broken the law, and they're due for punishment like any other criminal. My opponents who are advocating for some kind of amnesty are plainly saying that they are not taking their own nation's laws seriously. Not only that, but laws about our very own national security can just be overlooked. I can't accept that, and neither can millions of other Americans. As President, I would enforce the laws that we already have in place, and I would issue no  amnesty for those who have evaded the draft.

As for the draft itself, I think it would be foolish for us to scrap it. When we as a country decide to go to war, it should be to protect ourselves and defend what we stand for. The draft is there so that we have the forces necessary to get the job done in times like that. If we switch to a voluntary system for the military, I fear that we won't be nearly as prepared for large threats. Going to war means that we're all in this together, and that there must be a shared sense of responsibility to protect our family, friends, and neighbors. Knowing the value of that responsibiility is good for everyone, especially our young people. That's why we must keep the draft.

I'm not able to make this pledge. While I share disagreements with everyone on this stage, there are a few whom I absolutely cannot support, and that would be Senator McGovern, Senator McCarthy, Senator Gravel, and Senator Harris. I pick them because out of all the candidates, these folks represent the fringes of the Democratic Party that I fear are taking over. They believe that we must pull out from all across the world, leaving the Soviets to fill that vacuum and gain the upper hand. They are weak on social policies and would let the country erupt in flames without lifting a finger. They also promote reckless economics that would make even Richard Nixon blush. If any one of these people are nominated, it will be the death of the Democratic Party as we know it, for they will drive millions of voters away from our side.

Like my fellow Democrats, I want to end this war in Vietnam. Unlike my fellow Democrats, I want to end it through victory, not defeat. I am not one to believe that we're fighting this war for no reason, nor do I believe that all of our soldiers have died in vain. The other candidates have given up and would allow communism to further spread across the world, endangering freedom and democracy wherever it is. That's not something that I'll ever accept. This issue is what drove me to enter the presidential race, because all of my opponents are on the same page when they want to retreat and leave South Vietnam to be engulfed by the North.

No one wants to be bogged down in a long stalemate, so I would approach Vietnam differently than Nixon and his futile peace talks. The key to winning is to hit them hard with a lot of force, fast. As President, I will introduce a large surge of troops in my first month. We will bomb key infrastructures in the North to cripple their ability to fight back, and we will choke them off in Laos to restrict their movement. There will also be a strong effort to empower the South by arming and training citizens. For my critics who call my plans extreme, people forget that President Eisenhower helped to end the Korean War by threatening nuclear weapons. We should not be afraid to use our tremendous strength for good. I will get the job done in Vietnam quickly, destroy communism in Southeast Asia, and have our boys leave with honor. No one else on this stage can claim to do that.

Closing Statement:

I'm called a lot of names, including by my opponents tonight. Saigon Sam. Suitcase Sam. Mad Sam Yorty. Whatever you call me, at least you know where I stand. I speak only the truth on the campaign trail, and the truth that I speak of is the truth that millions of decent, hard-working Americans want to hear from their politicians. The people are angry, frustrated, and exhausted. They know that their leaders have failed them, and they want to head in a new direction. While my opponents want to dismiss me as some extremist, I'm really a moderate, just as most people in this country are. I believe in defending American interests, standing against communism, stopping civil unrest, and living within our means. If you believe in this message, I humbly ask for your vote. Thank you.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2015, 03:26:31 AM »

Sam Yorty Campaign Schedule: January 30-February 14 (Part I)

Ladies and gentlemen, we shocked those uptight Washington stiffs with our showing in Arizona. Not only that, but we made them look like complete fools. These were the guys predicting a nail biter between Muskie and Lindsay. What happened? Muskie embarrassed himself with a fourth place showing, and we firmly came in at second place! *cheers* This just shows our strength, and we can't be stopped. If you think that we'll be going away anytime soon, you don't know what's going to hit you next month!

January 30
-Town Hall in Lutz, FL
-Town Hall in Holiday, FL
-Town Hall in West Pensacola, FL
-Town Hall in Palm Springs, FL
-Town Hall in Bartow, FL

January 31
-Town Hall in Belle Glade, FL
-Town Hall in Marco Island, FL
-Town Hall in Sebastian, FL
-Town Hall in Meadow Woods, FL
-Rally in Boca Raton, FL

Florida, you might have seen Governor Carter call me Saigon Sam and say that the country would be "screwed" with me as president during the debate. He seems to be all over the state these days, but don't let his words fool you. I'll say it simply: the guy is a total lightweight. He jumped into this race not only in his first term as Georgia's governor, but in his first year. He has no accomplishments to speak of, and he's acting like he's qualified for a job like this. Florida, do your part and give Governor Carter the embarrassing showing he deserves.

February 1
-Meet and Greet in Pebble Creek, FL
-Meet and Greet in Medulla, FL
-Meet and Greet in Brooksville, FL
-Meet and Greet in Gateway, FL
-Meet and Greet in Beverly Hills, FL

February 2
-Meet and Greet in Fuller Heights, FL
-Meet and Greet in Sugarmill Woods, FL
-Meet and Greet in Avon Park, FL
-Meet and Greet in Goulds, FL
-Meet and Greet in Miami Shores, FL

February 3
-Meet and Greet in Palatka, FL
-Meet and Greet in Key Largo, FL
-Meet and Greet in Mango, FL
-Town Hall in Jupiter Farms, FL
-Fundraiser in Palm Bay, FL

February 4
-Town Hall in Oviedo, FL
-Town Hall in Winter Haven, FL
-Town Hall in Cooper City, FL
-Roundtable Meeting (Foreign Policy) in Deltona, FL
-Rally in Sunrise, FL

February 5
-Rally in Largo, FL
-Rally in Deerfield Beach, FL
-Rally in Riverview, FL
-Rally in Clearwater, FL
-Fundraiser in Tallahassee, FL

February 6
-Rally in Wellington, FL
-Rally in North Miami, FL
-Rally in Pine Hills, FL
-Fundraiser in Davie, FL
-Opening of new campaign office in Tampa, FL

Again, we see that President Nixon's Vietnamization policy is a complete disaster. He wants a peace agreement, yet he's still bombing Hanoi. This is what I call trying to have it both ways. Unfortunately, Mr. President, you can't have it both ways! If you want to get troops out, then get them out. If you want to win this war, then, by God, put your heart into winning this war! What will it be?

February 7
-Meet and Greet in Deering, NH
-Meet and Greet in Webster, NH
-Meet and Greet in Lyme, NH
-Meet and Greet in Unity, NH
-Meet and Greet in Lincoln, NH

February 8
-Meet and Greet in Jefferson, NH
-Meet and Greet in Washington, NH
-Meet and Greet in Gilsum, NH
-Meet and Greet in Monroe, NH
-Meet and Greet in Columbia, NH

February 9
-Meet and Greet in Acworth, NH
-Meet and Greet in Pittsburg, NH
-Meet and Greet in Lempster, NH
-Roundtable Meeting (Economy) in Salem, NH
-Fundraiser in Manchester, NH

It seems to be that economic issues are often overlooked by the other candidates. Foreign policy is important, but the prices of food and gas are of more concern to the average American's everyday life. This rampant inflation that Nixon has presided over has only become worse with his action. He just doesn't understand basic economics since these price controls don't help people in the end. The next president has to return some order back here again, and I've got the plan to bring back a soaring economy.

February 10
-Meet and Greet in Chichester, NH
-Meet and Greet in Dunbarton, NH
-Town Hall in Boscawen, NH
-Town Hall in Northwood, NH
-Voter Registration in Dover, NH

February 11
-Town Hall in Plaistow, NH
-Town Hall in Hollis, NH
-Town Hall in Pembroke, NH
-Town Hall in Meredith, NH
-Rally in Merrimack, NH

February 12
-Town Hall in Hooksett, NH
-Town Hall in Durham, NH
-Town Hall in Somersworth, NH
-Meeting with Democratic Party leaders in Londonderry, NH
-Rally in Concord, NH

February 13
-Town Hall in Exeter, NH
-Rally in Keene, NH
-Rally in Rochester, NH
-Voter Registration in Nashua, NH
-Fundraiser in Manchester, NH

February 14
-Town Hall in Ottawa Park, IL
-Town Hall in Deerfield, IL
-Town Hall in Yorkville, IL
-Town Hall in Island Lake, IL
-Opening of new campaign office in Chicago, IL
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2015, 05:14:35 AM »

Sam Yorty Campaign Schedule: February 15-28 (Part II)

February 15
-Town Hall in Bensenville, IL
-Town Hall in Dolton, IL
-Town Hall in Loves Park, IL
-Rally in Elgin, IL
-Fundraiser in Springfield, IL

This China visit is a bad deal. Our president is going to bed with Mao Zedong, a genocidal maniac who has killed off even more people than Stalin ever did! I wish I could say that I trust our president's judgment here, but I don't. A President Yorty would never dare do such a thing and cozy up to communist dictators. Like the Soviets, the Chinese are the same kind of enemy that we are fighting, and opening up relations to them only gives them more leverage in the long term. A country of almost a billion people is not one we should take lightly here, my friends. Let's grow a backbone and make it clear that we will continue to stand up for democracy and capitalism, everything they're revolted by.

February 16
-Town Hall in O'Fallon, IL
-Town Hall in Lake in the Hills, IL
-Town Hall in North Chicago, IL
-Rally in Palatine, IL
-Rally in Peoria, IL

February 17
-Town Hall in Centralia, IL
-Town Hall in Lake Forest, IL
-Rally in Oak Lawn, IL
-Voter Registration in Waukegan, IL
-Voter Registration in Chicago, IL

VOTER: Mayor, at this rate, are you out of step with your party?

YORTY: Quite the opposite, I would say. The Democratic Party is supposed to be the party of the common man. Democrats are supposed to look out for working class people and stand up against elitists of all stripes. That's the reason why I decided to be a Democrat many years ago, and I still believe in that. What I see happening now is the elitists gaining more and more control of the party over time. In particular, I see these limousine liberals prancing around and acting like they're in tune with Middle America when they're so horribly out of touch. I'm running this campaign as a vehicle for the people to rise up and return power back where it rightly belongs. It's a tough game to be doing this, but I'm optimistic that we can make it happen.

February 18
-Town Hall in Niles, IL
-Town Hall in Glen Ellyn, IL
-Rally in Moline, IL
-Rally in Tinley Park, IL
-Rally in Decatur, IL

February 19
-Rally in Berwyn, IL
-Rally in Des Plaines, IL
-Rally in Arlington Heights, IL
-Voter Registration in Rockford, IL
-Voter Registration in Aurora, IL

You look at all of these candidates running around in Illinois and across the country, and, to be frank, they're often stale. They have to rely on a whole team of speechwriters and PR consultants to tailor their images and seem perfect. Anyone with some common sense can see right through that, though. They're not being genuine to the voters. Me, I have never relied on those people for this whole campaign. What you see is what you get, and I'm speaking right from the heart on these issues. Everything I have said has come from myself and not some paid staffer of mine. I think that still means something in this day and age, and based on the results we've been getting so far, I think many people like what they have to hear.

February 20
-Rally in Joilet, IL
-Rally in Naperville, IL
-Rally in Chicago, IL
-Meeting with Mayor Richard Daley in Chicago, IL

February 21
-Town Hall in Five Forks, SC
-Town Hall in James Island, SC
-Town Hall in Sangaree, SC
-Town Hall in Red Bank, SC
-Fundraiser in Charleston, SC

February 22
-Rally in Cape Coral, FL
-Rally in Port St. Lucie, FL
-Rally in Hollywood, FL
-Rally in Hialeah, FL
-Fundraiser in Orlando, FL

Florida, the attacks keep pounding on me from all sides. I've been called a demagogue, Nixon-Lite, Joe McCarthy's reincarnation, and every other nasty remark in the book so far. Some other candidates might have capitulated by this point, but I know this fight is all too important! There's no going back for me, and I'm giving it my all in this campaign. Already we can see the fruits of our labor. We got a strong second-place showing in Arizona that stunned everybody. If you thought that Arizona was it, you're in for a ride, because we'll be strong across the country and we'll win the nomination!

February 23
-Meet and Greet in Freedom, NH
-Meet and Greet in Errol, NH
-Meet and Greet in Waterville Valley, NH
-Meet and Greet in Groton, NH
-Fundraiser in Nashua, NH

February 24
-Meet and Greet in Alstead, NH
-Meet and Greet in Wilmot, NH
-Meet and Greet in Center Harbor, NH
-Meet and Greet in Bath, NH
-Meet and Greet in Dummer, NH

February 25
-Meet and Greet in Orange, NH
-Meet and Greet in Chatham, NH
-Meet and Greet in Roxbury, NH
-Meet and Greet in Stark, NH
-Meet and Greet in Hart's Location, NH

February 26
-Meet and Greet in Hebron, NH
-Meet and Greet in Stoddard, NH
-Town Hall in Tamworth, NH
-Rally in Exeter, NH
-Rally in Claremont, NH

I for one am glad to have heard Mayor Lindsay talk about restoring law and order recently. You know what that means, doesn't it? It means that more than ever, our message is resonating! The frontrunners are picking up on how Americans are feeling and they're desperate to keep up with the times. If it wasn't for the action that we have taken over the last month speaking out on these issues, then the other candidates for President would just be ignoring it all. That right there shows you how strong this campaign has become. There isn't a doubt in my mind that we'll continue to gain momentum, in spite of all the attacks hurled at me, and in spite of the hand-wringing from some party bosses. Ladies and gentlemen, we are a force to be reckoned with.

February 27
-Town Hall in New Ipswich, NH
-Town Hall in Littleton, NH
-Town Hall in Rye, NH
-Rally in Bow, NH
-Barnstorming in Franklin, NH

February 28
-Meet and Greet in Danville, NH
-Meet and Greet in Brentwood, NH
-Barnstorming in Swanzey, NH
-Barnstorming in Newmarket, NH
-Barnstorming in Conway, NH
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2015, 05:39:19 PM »

Fred Harris Turn 5 Endorsements

Rep. William R. Roy (KS-2)

"I believe that Fred Harris is the best suited candidate for the job of president. His message resonates with millions of Americans like me who seek a more just American society, both at home and abroad. I'm happy to lend my full support to Senator Harris in his quest for the Oval Office."
Congressman Roy will be barnstorming and fundraising off and on in Kansas through the 15th of February, in Minnesota from the 16th through the 21st, and in Wisconsin from the 21st through the 29th

Catholic Priest and Activist Phillip Berrigan

"No other candidate puts forth such a holistic platform as Fred Harris. Not only does the senator exude a certain confidence in regards to ending the war, but he also professes deep knowledge about how to repair the fundamentally broken American economic system."
Fr. Berrigan will be visiting college campuses and youth gatherings to rouse youth support in Illinois, Massachusetts, and Virginia this turn.

West Virginia Senator Jennings Randolph

"During my long tenure in DC, I've seen many politicos decide to run for president. All too often, they get so caught up in electioneering that they become bitter and out of touch with the American people. It's about time we have a regular guy running for president who understands the concerns of everyday Americans. I've worked with him on various initiatives in the senate and realize how pragmatic and yet principled Senator Harris is. These key values not only show in his political life, but define him as an honorable citizen. In talking to my constituents from, miners to homemakers to factory workers to students, I realize that Senator Fred Harris is exactly what these folks are looking for. Fred Harris isn't a radical leftist. He isn't a reactionary either. He's the commonsense populist America needs after this destructive Nixon term. All his career, he's been a champion for causes near and dear not only to West Virginians, but people around the country. Fred Harris has my full and undivided support and I stand with him in his quest for the White House."
Senator Jennings Randolph will be barnstorming in West Virginia, Virginia (fundraising here too),  the interior of South Carolina, and rural Missouri (more fundraising again).
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2015, 08:54:52 PM »

Muskie for America Schedule Pt. 2

February 9th
Fundraiser in Portland, ME.
Barnstorm in Rochester, NH.
Rally in Dover, NH.

February 10th
Fundraiser in Exeter, NH.
Barnstorm in Exeter, NH.
Barnstorm in Portsmouth, NH.

February 11th
Fundraiser in Keene, NH.
Meet with Keene, NH civic leaders.
Rally in Keene, NH.

February 12th
Barnstorm in Laconia, NH.
Barnstorm in Gilford, NH.
Fundraiser in Laconia, NH.

February 13th
Fly to Miami, FL.
Rally in Miami, FL.
Barnstorm in Coral Gables, FL.
Barnstorm in Hialeah, FL.

February 14th
Meet with civic leaders in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Barnstorm in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Barnstorm in Boca Raton, FL.

February 15th
Fundraiser in West Palm Beach, FL.
Barnstorm in Jupiter, FL.
Barnstorm in Stuart, FL.
Barnstorm in Port St. Lucie, FL.

February 16th
Fly to Chicago, IL.
Fundraiser in Chicago, IL.
Barnstorm in Arlington Heights, IL.
Barnstorm in Woodstock, IL.

February 17th
Fundraiser in Springfield, IL.
Rally in Springfield, IL.
Barnstorm in surrounding area.

February 18th
Barnstorm in Mt. Vernon, IL.
Barnstorm in Marion, IL.
Barnstorm in Cairo, IL.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2015, 04:14:44 PM »

My Debate Responses And Full Schedule will be up later today, sorry for the delay I have been on vacation.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2015, 04:40:41 PM »

Muskie for America Schedule Pt. 3

February 19th
Barnstorm in Naperville, IL.
Barnstorm in Schaumberg, IL.

February 20th
Barnstorm in Skokie, IL.
Barnstorm in Oak Brook, IL.

February 21st
Fly to Orlando, FL.
Fundraiser in Orlando, FL.
Rally in Orlando, FL.

February 22nd
Barnstorm in Leesburg, FL.
Barnstorm in The Villages, FL.
Barnstorm in Ocoala, FL.
Fly to New Hampshire.

February 23rd
Barnstorm in Manchester, NH.
Barnstorm in Bedford, NH.
Barnstorm in Nashua, NH.

February 24th
Fundraiser in Nashua, NH.
Barnstorm in Amherst, NH.
Barnstorm in Londonderry, NH.

February 25th
Barnstorm in Rindge, NH.
Barnstorm in Jaffrey, NH.
Barnstorm in Peterborough, NH.

February 26th
Barnstorm in Keene, NH.
Barnstorm in Swanzey, NH.
Fundraiser in Keene, NH.

February 27th
Barnstorm in Hooksett, NH.
Barnstorm in Bow, NH.
Fundraiser in Concord, NH.

February 28th
Barnstorm in Northern New Hampshire.
Pre-Primary Rally in Concord, NH.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2015, 07:10:11 PM »

McCarthy Schedule Continued

February 17th

- Barnstorm in Miami, FL
- Barnstorm in Palm Beach, FL
- Barnstorm in West Palm Beach, FL
- Barnstorm in Orlando, FL

February 18th

- Barnstorm in Naples, FL
- Barnstorm in Fort Myers, FL
- Barnstorm in St. Augustine, FL
- Barnstorm in Boca Raton, FL

February 19th

- Barnstorm in Lakeland, FL
- Barnstorm in Hollywood, FL
- Town Hall in Gainesville, FL
- Fundraiser in Jacksonville, FL

February 20th

- Fundraiser in Jacksonville, FL
- Barnstorm in Jacksonville, FL
- Fundraiser in Tallahaasee, FL
- Barnstorm in Tallahaasee, FL

February 21st

- Barnstorm in Ocala, FL
- Town Hall in Cape Coral, FL
- Town Hall in Kissimmee, FL
- Town Hall in Sarasota, FL

February 22nd

- Fundraise in Orlando, FL

February 23rd

- Barnstorm in Panama City, FL
- Barnstorm in Venice, FL
- Barnstorm in Stuart, FL
- Town Hall in Dunedin, FL
- Fly to Illinois

February 24th

- Barnstorm in Chicago, IL
- Barnstorm in Schaumberg, IL

February 25th

- Barnstorm in Springfield, IL
- Barnstorm in Aurora, IL
- Barnstorm in Naperville, IL
- Barnstorm in Bloomington, IL

February 26th

- Barnstorm in Champaign, IL
- Town Hall in Peoria, IL
- Town Hall in Elgin, IL
- Fundraiser in Chicago, IL
- Fly to New Hampshire

February 27th

- Town Hall in Bedford, NH
- Town Hall in Laconia, NH
- Barnstorm in Rochester, NH
- Barnstorm in Derry, NH

February 28th

- Town Hall in Hampton, NH
- Town Hall in Lebanon, NH
- Town Hall in Hanover, NH
- Town Hall in Conway, NH

---------------
Debate

Opening Statement:

I would like to thank the organizers of the debate for hosting this important event. My name is Eugene McCarthy, and I solidly represent the anti-war wing of my party. I am the only candidate who has pledged to end the vietnam war within 30 days of my inauguration. This is South Vietnam's war to fight or not fight - not ours. I also support an immediate end to the draft, an immediate end to this pointless crusading around the world trying to influence government choices each country should be allowed to make on its own, and putting a quick end to the cold war. At home, I will reverse any and all hostile economic policies passed by President Nixon, and support full racial integration of society.

Busing is a critical policy to support civil rights in this nation, and Nixon's opposition to it has been nothing but a racist damper on the progress that has been made, and the same goes for Mr. Yorty. Let's Be Clear: Without Busing, we will never achieve full integration in our schools. For those states that refuse to comply, all federal funding for education will be cut off from the state until it agrees to comply. I will not make any exception to this rule, for doing so is giving into George Wallace and his racist allies.

As I said in my opening statement, I will bring an immediate end to the draft. And when I say immediate, I mean immediate. On my very first day in office, I will issue an executive order indefinitely suspending the draft, and then work to get a permanent abolition through congress that is impossible to reverse. Anyone who is currently serving because of the draft will be given a flight home as soon as they desire. If they wish, I will send a plane out on my first day in office. Any and all draft dodgers will be given an immediate and full pardon on my first day in office from any and all speculated or proven evading of the draft. Our military should become solely a defensive force, not interfering in the government choices of other countries or fighting other countries wars. We only fight when there is a direct threat to our country, if there is no such threat, then we do not get involved. Period. With this sort of military force, an all-volunteer system is both just and completely feasible.

I cannot endorse the warmonger Ed Muskie and the anti-integration warmonger Sam Yorty. Their presidencies would be a complete and total embarrassment to our party, our country, and the world. I would be willing to endorse anyone currently in this field aside from those two.

My position on the Vietnam war has been clear from the beginning. I am the only candidate who has pledged to end the war within 30 days of being inaugurated, and nothing will stop me from fulfilling that commitment. True, any attempts to reach any semblance of victory or peace in terms of how Nixon, Muskie, and Yorty would define it is impossible within that timeframe, but that doesn't matter. As I said earlier, our military should become solely a defensive force, involved in only those affairs that pose a clear, actual, and direct threat to our country. So, in this case, there is no direct threat to us, so we should stop our involvement, and I believe 30 days is a reasonable timeframe to safely evacuate every last soldier involved in that war and bring them home! If that means North Vietnam will win the war, that's something the world must endure. Don't get me wrong, communism is a terrible government system. But it is not our country's job to get involved in government decisions that do not directly affect us, NO MATTER WHAT!

Closing Statement:

This is a critical election for our party and our country. You have four paths to choose from, America. You can choose that warmongering, racist Nixon. You can choose the ultra-segregationist George Wallace. You can choose one of the Democrats in Name Only, Muskie and Yorty. Or you can go with the anti-war platform, which I believe to be the best path, and a path I represent more effectively than do the other anti-war candidates. I pledge here tonight that I will steadfastly follow all of the commitments I have made during this campaign as far as what I will do in office. I humbly ask you to look at me honestly, see that I represent the best possible path forward for the country and do so more effectively than anyone else, and give me your honest support.

MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2015, 10:27:03 PM »

Goldwater February Schedule:

Feb. 1 - Feb. 8:
Barnstorming New Hampshire with Morgens
Visiting every county in NH
Town Hall at end of everyday

Feb. 8 - Feb. 13:
Fundraising in NH, FL, CA, and NY

Feb. 14:
Celebrating Valentine's day in FL

Feb. 15 - Feb. 21:
Barnstorming Florida with Morgens
Visiting every Small towns in Florida
Town Hall at end of everyday

Feb. 21 - Feb. 28:
Barnstorming and GOTV in NH with Morgens

Past Endorsers:
Rep. Sam Steiger (Barnstorming and leading staffers and volunteers in GOTV efforts in NH)
Rep. John Jacob Rhodes (Barnstorming and leading staffers and volunteers in GOTV efforts in his NH)
Senator Goldwater: (Barnstorming and leading volunteers in GOTV in small towns across FL)
Senator James Buckley: (Fundraising)
Senator Paul Fannin (Barnstorming and leading volunteers in GOTV in small towns across FL)
Governor Williams (Barnstorming and GOTV in NH)
Fmr. Sec. of Def. Thomas S. Gates, Jr. (Fundraising)

New Endorsers:

William F. Buckley
Nixon needs to go, he's becoming more like a democrat everyday, he's betrayed those who put him into office, instead we need a real Republican, and that's Barry Goldwater.
(Fundraising)

Robert Taft Jr.
It's clear to me that Nixon isn't the man he promised to be, he's betrayed the trust of the Republican party, and the American people. The one we can trust is Barry Goldwater.
(Barnstorming in NH)

Howard Morgens
While I cannot continue my campaign, I will trust in someone who can, someone who will bring economic success to this country, and someone you and I can trust, from here on, I support Barry Goldwater.
(Fundraising when not campaigning with Goldwater)

Newspaper ads and continual fliers given out by door-to-door volunteers and recruits

Debate Responses:

Look, obviously the fight for civil rights is an ongoing issue, but busing is just a waste of resources with no real benefit. We should not expect a great uproot of the familiar, instead it should be a gradual process, minds are not changed overnight. Schools should be integrated, but to bus students all over creation to create "diversity" is not a good enough answer to spend taxpayer money.

I am for a strong military, but that does not mean we should even have a draft. Military service should be voluntary, except in extreme circumstances. Given that this war in Vietnam isn't a declared war, and this administration has totally overstepped its bounds means that I would pardon draft dodgers! I would also bring back the troops! These endless wars will bankrupt our country, and these soldiers are coming back wounded in bodybags. Most of them were forced into it against their will, and that is not something I stand for, and I don't think that the rest of America supports coercion either.

If Nixon is the nominee that this party chooses, then I will not run as an independent, however, unless he makes some worthwhile changes in his administration, I will not actively campaign for him.

Obviously, I have made my position on the Vietnam police action quite clear, and it has been totally mismanaged. I will do my best to bring peace in Vietnam, the US should take more of an advisory role. If it is congress' will to continue the war then they should put the war to a vote then get in, win the war and get out. But it is not the US's job to be the world's policemen. We Republicans were elected to get out of the war in Vietnam, and unlike the president, if elected, that will be my top priority.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2015, 10:41:30 PM »

John Lindsay '72 Schedule (Round 5, Part 3): February 14th-22nd, 1972

"While millionaires and billionaires thrive under Nixon's administration, poorer Americans are having a worsening situation, as inflation destroys their standard of living. As Nixon sends more troops into Vietnam and butchers the peace talks, less dollars go to hospitals, education, and services that allow help the poor. With friends like that, you don't need enemies. As President, I will not spend my time focusing on a failed foreign agenda. I would spending my time building up America's infrastructure, lifting Americans out of poverty, and giving America's cities the tools to fight crime."

February 14th:
Barnstorming in Indianapolis, Indiana
Fundraising in Indianapolis, Indiana
Meet and Greet in Lafayette, Indiana

February 15th:
Barnstorming in Gary, Indiana
Town Hall in Michigan City, Indiana
Barnstorming in South Bend, Indiana

February 16th:
Barnstorming in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Barnstorming in Lansing, Michigan
Meeting with Legislature in Lansing, Michigan
Meet and Greet in Ann Arbor, Michigan

February 17th:
Barnstorming in Detroit, Michigan
Fundraising in Detroit, Michigan
Meet and Greet in Warren, Michigan

February 18th:
Meet and Greet in Kenosha, Wisconsin
Meet and Greet in Racine, Wisconsin
Meet and Greet in Waukesha, Wisconsin

February 19th:
Barnstorming in Miluwakee, Wisconsin
Fundraising in Miluwakee, Wisconsin
Town Hall in Jainesville, Wisconsin

February 20th:
Barnstorming in Madison, Wisconsin
Town Hall in Portage, Wisconsin
Town Hall in Fort Du Lac, Wisconsin

February 21st:
Barnstorming in Chicago, Illinois
Meeting large donors in Chicago, Illinois
Fundraising in Chicago, Illinois

February 22nd:
Barnstorming in Chicago, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Waukegan, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Rockford, Illinois
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #235 on: August 14, 2015, 01:48:13 AM »

Yorty is Democrats' Best Bet for '72

By William Loeb, Editor-in-Chief of the Manchester Union Leader

While there is a great deal of variety looking at the Democrats running for President this year, it is clear that out of all the choices New Hampshire voters will face, one stands out above all the rest: Los Angeles Mayor Samuel W. Yorty. Yorty, known as the "Maverick Mayor," has been barnstorming the state and putting real dedication towards building up a campaign here like nobody else. That alone is commendable, but his willingness to buck the party line and be outspoken about his views also deserves credit. Yorty is the voice of reason out of the Democrats, and one of the only ones to not be beholden to special interests. Yorty would take a strong stand against communism, restore order here at home, and rein in fiscal irresponsibility. His Democratic opponents, comprised of peaceniks and opportunists, would achieve none of that.

In the end, Mr. Yorty would be the best candidate to take on President Nixon in the general election. Yorty would turn around Nixon's so-called "Silent Majority," which propelled him to victory four years ago, and use it against him. The Nixon record as we have seen is a stalemate in Vietnam, continued social instability, and a turbulent economy, leaving the president with little to run on this time. For New Hampshire Democrats who want the country back on a better path, voting for Sam Yorty on March 7 is the only sensible thing to do.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #236 on: August 14, 2015, 02:17:33 AM »

Sam Yorty Endorsements

William Loeb: Barnstorming in NH
W. Haydon Burns: Barnstorming in FL
Otto Kerner, Jr.: Barnstorming in IL
John W. King: Barnstorming in NH
Ross Perot: Fundraising in TX
Happy Chandler: Barnstorming in SC
Robert Byrd: Barnstorming in SC
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2015, 03:15:00 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2015, 03:17:55 AM by Co-Speaker Spiral »

Sam Yorty Campaign Activities

-Expanding office in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Opening new office in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Opening new office in Chicago, Illinois
-Opening new office in Tampa, Florida
-Opening new office in Charleston, South Carolina
-Aggressive fundraising in California, New York, Texas, Illinois, and Florida
-Registering new voters in New Hampshire, Florida, Illinois, and South Carolina
-Securing support from local Democratic Party officers in New Hampshire, Florida, Illinois, and South Carolina
-Expanding volunteers in New Hampshire, Florida, and Illinois
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #238 on: August 14, 2015, 01:32:13 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2015, 03:25:43 PM by Classic Conservative »

Congressman John G. Schmitz for President Round 5 Part 2 Schudele

February 6, 1972

Meet Voters in Indianapolis, Indiana
Town Hall in Crown Point, Indiana to a crowd of 290 people
Meet Voters in Highland, Indiana
Meet Voters in Alamo, Indiana
Rally in Plainfield Indiana to a crowd of 15,000 people
  "Our candidacy is seeing enthusiasm so large that the communists in The White House are scared. People are sick and tired of the same old thing in Washington, with our boys dying, blacks going crazy and no more gold standard. We need change and I'll be that change."
Open State Headquarters in South Bend, Indiana introduce oil salesman George Butternut* as state chairman

February 7, 1972

Meet Voters in Northern Alaska
Town Hall in North Pole, Alaska with Santa Claus
Meeting with Alaskan Independence Party
Meet and Greet in Anchorage Alaska
Rally in Fairbanks, Alaska to a crowd of 16,000 people
Opening State Headquarters in Fairbanks, Alaska name reindeer farmer Otto Caquiska* as state chairman

February 8, 1972

Meet Voters in Bolivar, Tennessee
Town Hall in Farragut, Tennessee to a crowd of 875 people with Thomas Anderson
Meeting with local businessmen in Nashville, Tennessee
Meet and Greet in Memphis, Tennessee
Rally in Chattanooga, Tennessee to a crowd of 29,000 people
Opening State Headquarters in Chattanooga, Tennessee name Thomas J. Anderson as state chairman

February 9, 1972

Meet Voters in Burbank, California
Town Hall in Anaheim, California
Meeting with John Wayne, Carl Karcher and Campaign Manager Zell Miller at The Wayne Homestead
Meet and Greet on Santa Monica Pier
Rally in San Diego to a crowd of 14,000
Opening State Headquarters in Santa Ana, California name John Wayne, Carl Karcher and Richard Nixons neighbors as State Chairpeople

February 10, 1972

Meet Voters in Dubuque, Iowa
Town Hall in Cedar Falls, Iowa to a crowd of 95 people
Meeting with local pastors and clergy in Sioux City, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Des Moines, Iowa
Rally in Ankeny, Iowa to a crowd of 2,000
Opening State Headquarters in Sioux City name Rev. Isisah Jones LDS, corn farmer Bill Anderson and businessman James Comely as state chairmen

February 11, 1972

Meet Voters in Alexandria, Virginia
Town Hall in Norfolk, Virginia to a crowd of 600 including 250 veterans
Meeting with Veterans in Virgina Beach
Rally in Richmond, Virginia
Opening State Headquarters in Colonial Heights, Virginia name AIP activist Bobby Hatfield and Veteran Mark P. Neilson as state chairmen

February 12, 1972

Meet Voters in Independence, Kansas
Town Hall in Prairie Village, Kansas
Meeting with Kansas Farmers and Cattle ranchers
Tour of Fort Leavenworth Prison
Rally in Topeka to a crowd of 4,500 people

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2015, 02:38:36 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2015, 02:54:41 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Carter 72' Campaign Schedule

January 30, 1972

Meet Voters in Wilmington, Illinois

Meet Voters in Crest Hill, Illinois

Meet Voters in Peotone, Illinois

Meet Voters in Braidwood, Illinois

January 31, 1972

Speech in Cicero, Illinois

The reality is that Mayor Yorty isn't just a Republican, he is the worst type of Republican. A red-baiter along the lines of Joseph McCarthy and Mitchell Palmer. Both met their downfalls, [ and I'm sure the fall of Saigon Sam, who wants us shed more blood and treasure on an impossible mission, will be suitably epic

Meet Voters in Rolling Meadows, Illinois

Meet Voters in Marengo, Illinois

February 1, 1972

Meet Voters in Neptune Beach, Florida

Meet Voters in Crystal Rivers, Florida

Tape Appearance on Jeopardy! Special (Politicians Week Semifinals-With John Stennis and Fred Hofheinz (not endorsements-to air in November 1972- from Washington D.C)

February 2 1972- February 7, 1972
Be Governor

February 8, 1972

Meet Voters in Labelle, Florida

Meet Voters in Marco Island, Florida

Meet Voters in Bonita Springs, Florida

February 9-13, 1972

Barnstorm across New Hampshire (With Arthur Goldberg)

February 14

Spend Day with Rosalynn, Atlanta, Georgia

February 15-22

Campaign across Chicago

February 22-28

Campaign in Central and South Florida
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2015, 02:48:43 PM »

Watch returns at Fountainbleu Hotel in Miami, Florida-prepare possible exit/endorsement speech.

Just a remainder to be careful with the primary schedule, there's no primary or caucus on the 28th (New Hampshire actually comes next turn).

This ends tomorrow, BTW!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #241 on: August 14, 2015, 04:17:14 PM »

Nixon Debate Responses.

We have a court system, and I must enforce the rulings of the court system. The fact is, unless the legislation pertaining to the desegregation is repealed, the practice will continue. As of 1970, less than ten percent of African American students attend segregated schools. This is progress, and I’ll be damned if I let us reverse the course.

The draft will and can end. We are currently undergoing the process of handing over must combat roles to the South Vietnamese, and the need for the draft will dissipate sometime in the next year or so. Until then, the status quo will continue for the time being. Let me be clear; draft dodgers are nothing less than bums. When I was called up, I went. So did so many other young men who have given their lives on the streets of Saigon and in Da Nang. The draft dodgers transgressions will not go unpunished.

I supporter Mr. Goldwater Sr. in 1964 and while I have strong disagreements with Mr. Goldwater Jr, I’d certainly support his campaign. I believe we as Republicans should work together and not against one another to build a more prosperous and peaceful America.

The fact that an honorable peace no longer appears at hand is solely due to the intransigence of the government in Hanoi. We can entice them to the table as some of our friends in the Democratic Party have suggested, but I am assured that such efforts could fail. We have to drag them to the table, and I will do exactly that.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #242 on: August 14, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »

Fred Harris Ad-"Surprised?" Will air in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri and Minnesota

NARRATOR: "We've given them all a surprise. None of the entrenched candidates expected a crusader for the people. None of them expected anybody with revenue-neutral plans to ensure that every American has healthcare. None of them expected anybody with such a commonsense, concrete plan to end the war. None of them expected a candidate who grew up on a farm, pushing through poverty with his own hard work. Nobody believed that a progressive could be pragmatic too, fighting for unity in these divided times.
The truth is, they are surprised at Senator Fred Harris' rise in the presidential race. Why so surprised? A man of the people is what America needs. It's time we reshuffle the deck in front of the laborer, the farmer, the common man and woman. "

SENATOR HARRIS: "While I respect the positions of my opponents and thank them for warmly welcoming me into the race, I look forward to a good fight.. Too many insiders don't want a populist to shake up the establishment. I say we do it. For justice. For fairness. For an end to the war."

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #243 on: August 14, 2015, 10:16:40 PM »

I apologize sincerely, my internet and electricity went out for a couple of hours tonight and I could not finish my pictures and schedule. I hope to post them tomorrow morning, I apologize Lumine and my fellow candidates for the delay!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #244 on: August 15, 2015, 01:48:52 PM »

Newspaper Ad: A Vote For . . .

A VOTE FOR SAM YORTY IS A VOTE FOR . . .

•WINNING THE WAR IN VIETNAM

•RESTORING LAW AND ORDER

•REDUCING INFLATION

•ELIMINATING THE NATIONAL DEBT

VOTE FOR SAM YORTY IN YOUR UPCOMING PRIMARY

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #245 on: August 15, 2015, 06:28:39 PM »

Just Got Back From Work, My Stuff will be here in a couple of hours! Sorry guys, my life has been a little stressful the past few days!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #246 on: August 15, 2015, 06:56:38 PM »

Just Got Back From Work, My Stuff will be here in a couple of hours! Sorry guys, my life has been a little stressful the past few days!

I don't mind waiting a few hours, NeverAgain, don't worry!
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #247 on: August 15, 2015, 07:39:49 PM »

Can anyone give me like a lesson on Campaign RPing ?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #248 on: August 15, 2015, 08:49:43 PM »

John Lindsay '72 Schedule (Round 5, Part 4): February 23rd-28th, 1972

February 23rd:
Barnstorming in De Kalb, Illinois
Town Hall in Aurora, Illinois
Town Hall in Mendota, Illinois

February 24th:
Town Hall in Rock Island, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Kewanee, Illinois
Town Hall in Galesburg, Illinois

February 25th:
Barnstorming in Peoria, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Normal, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Bloomington, Illinois

February 26th:
Town Hall in Champaign, Illinois
Town Hall in Decator, Illinois
Barnstorming in Springfield, Illinois

February 27th:
Meeting with State Democrat leaders in Springfield, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Taylorville, Illinois
Meet and Greet in Carlinvillee, Illinois

February 28th:
Meet and Greet in Litchfield, Illinois
Town Hall in Alton, Illinois
Town Hall in East St. Louis, Illinois
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #249 on: August 15, 2015, 09:28:54 PM »

Muskie for America Radio Ad
Narrator: Ed Muskie is the one man in the race who can beat Nixon. He brought the Democratic Party back to life in Maine, and he'll reinvigorate it throughout America. Vote Muskie in your local primary.

To run in New Hampshire, Florida, and Illinois.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies