Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:44:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 51
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 107424 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2015, 12:10:44 AM »
« edited: August 08, 2015, 12:13:18 AM by Leinad, Southern Legislator »

Mike Gravel Schedule

January 23rd
Fly to Phoenix, AZ
Meet and Greet in Mesa, AZ
Barnstorming in Chandler, AZ
Townhall in Phoenix, AZ

"Mayor Yorty is 0 for 2 in his recent comments. I didn't say anything about before he called me, and the rest of the candidates, "pinkos," a reckless assertion. Likewise, he's wrong about me putting national security at risk, as I intentionally left out any compromising portions of the papers. I believe in honest government; with me as President, the government wouldn't tolerate needless wars behind it's peoples backs."

January 24th
Fundraising in Phoenix, AZ
Barnstorming in Surprise, AZ
Barnstorming in Tempe, AZ
Townhall in Peoria, AZ

"Well, Nixon has been doing some things to end the war, but obviously not enough! If he really wanted the war to end, he would've kept his promise and ended the draft. I tried harder than anyone else in the senate to end the draft, but unfortunately it wasn't enough. That's why I'm running for President, so this nation can be led by someone who will really do what it takes to end the war."

January 25th
Barnstorming in Apache Junction, AZ
Meet and Greet in Sierra Vista, AZ
Barnstorming in Oro Valley, AZ
Barnstorming in Marana, AZ

January 26th
Meet and Greet in Yuma, AZ
Barnstorming in Prescott, AZ
Barnstorming in Bullhead City, AZ
Fundraising in Flagstaff, AZ

"The current system isn't working. We need to respond to domestic affairs with positivity, not anger, and we need to respond to foreign affairs by getting the hell out of Vietnam, and ensuring nothing like it happens ever again. It's my hope that we can start that journey this week, here in Arizona, and all the way to Washington D.C.!"

January 27th
GOTV in St. Johns, AZ
GOTV in Holbrook, AZ
GOTV in Casa Grande, AZ
GOTV in Prescott, AZ

January 28th
GOTV in Yuma, AZ
GOTV in Lake Havasu City, AZ
GOTV in Sierra Vista, AZ
GOTV in Flagstaff, AZ

January 29th
GOTV in Tuscon, AZ
GOTV in Mesa, AZ
GOTV in Phoenix, AZ
Caucus Night Rally in Phoenix, AZ

Surrogates
Noam Chomsky will campaign in Florida
Sargent Shriver will campaign in Arizona
Raul Hector Castro will campaign in Arizona
Frank Church will campaign in Arizona
Roland Vallee will campaign in New Hampshire
Patsy Mink will campaign in Arizona
Abraham Ribicoff will campaign in Arizona
William Egan will campaign in Arizona
Tip O'Neill will campaign in Arizona
Patrick Lucey will fundraise in Wisconsin
Wendell Anderson will fundraise in Minnesota
John C. West will fundraise in South Carolina
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2015, 12:12:13 AM »

Gravel Campaign Poster

To run in Arizona.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2015, 12:14:05 AM »

About 20 minutes left before I go with the results.

I know it's lazy and bad, but I'd like to repeat my schedule from last week with changes to the town's. All New Hampshire, all the time.

Sure. It won't have much of an impact, but it won't hurt polling numbers.

And that's all for now, results will come in soon!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2015, 12:15:39 AM »

Sorry for my tardiness, I've had a few problems in real life. It's not too late, is it?

And thanks again to Lumine for doing this, it's not only quite fun but a great way to brush up on my 70s US political history.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #179 on: August 08, 2015, 12:46:10 AM »
« Edited: August 08, 2015, 12:48:35 AM by Lumine »

ABC News Special, Jan 29th, 1972:

Smith: Evening, this is Howard K. Smith from ABC News from Washington, brining you an update on the 1972 Presidential Race. This week saw another candidate dropping out of the race before the primaries, this time being Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm, ending her bid due to poor fundraising despite making quite an impact during her two-week effort for the presidency. While being low profile, the Arizona and Iowa caucuses have been strongly contested by several candidates, and they bring special significance to frontrunners Edmund Muskie and Richard Nixon, as their position depends on their ability to beat expectations and crush their many rivals. So let’s take a look at the results released by the Democratic and Republican HQ’s.

Republican Iowa Caucus:

Richard Nixon: 73.79% (30)
Barry Goldwater Jr: 17.98% (7)
Howard J. Morgens: 8.23%

Democratic Iowa Caucus:

Ed Muskie: 26.19% (17)
Uncommitted: 18.01% (10)
George McGovern: 17.60% (10)
Eugene McCarthy: 16.78% (9)
John Lindsay: 12.56%
Jimmy Carter: 6.11%
Mike Gravel: 1.34%
Sam Yorty: 0.89%
Shirley Chisholm: 0.42%

Smith: So there you have it, a convincing victory for President Nixon against Congressman Goldwater, who nonetheless managed to clinch seven delegates for the Republican Convention. Mr. Morgens barely campaigned in the state, but he got a respectable 8% mostly due to news coverage and ads. On the Democratic side Senator Muskie was the clear winner, yet his margin of victory is slightly underwhelming considering he only got seventeen delegates. There was a brutal fight between McGovern, McCarthy and the Uncommitted slate for second and third, and in the end McGovern would barely prevail for third. Closing the field comes Lindsay with a strong 12%, and Governor Carter with a more than surprising 6% despite minimum efforts. Closing the field we have negligible showings for Mike Gravel, Sam Yorty and Congresswoman Chisholm, who remained on the ballot. Let’s go to Arizona now:

Republican Arizona Caucus:

Richard Nixon: 57.16% (17)
Barry Goldwater Jr: 39.82% (11)
Howard Morgens: 3.02%

Democratic Arizona Caucus:

John Lindsay: 27.06% (8 )
Sam Yorty: 20.12% (6)
Mike Gravel: 17.81% (6)
Ed Muskie: 17.73% (5)
George McGovern: 13.23%
Jimmy Carter: 3.60%
Eugene McCarthy: 0.34%
Shirley Chisholm: 0.11%

Smith: I… eh… truly surprising results given the opinion polls, I must say. The main story has to be the Arizona Caucus here, we were hearing Congressman Goldwater was putting in place quite an operation, but to upstage the President and almost win 40% of the vote? It’s not as serious as the McCarthy result in New Hampshire last election since it’s a low profile caucus, but this spells trouble for the Nixon campaign, as Goldwater can now claim to be a more than serious challenger. The question is, of course, whether he can make inroads in New Hampshire, where Mr. Morgens has a lot of advantage.

(Cheering from the Goldwater HQ, we see Goldwater Sr and Jr celebrating)

Smith: The Democratic Caucus is also a large story, because Senator Muskie has been quite upstaged as well. Despite polls putting him head to head with Mayor Lindsay it seems his efforts have collapsed due to a lack of serious effort until the last week, strong "Nixon-lite" attacks and due tostrong Yorty and Gravel operations, leaving not only the New York Mayor the true winner of the night, but Sam Yorty in… second place. Mike Gravel also steals the anti-war crown for McGovern, leaving Muskie as low as fourth in what could have been a victory for him. Whether these results will change the dynamic of the race remain to be seen, but the first page of the 1972 spells a challenge for Richard Nixon… and trouble for Ed Muskie.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2015, 12:46:53 AM »

That took a lot of time to calculate, so I hope you enjoy the results. Turn Five begins later today, and remember that said turn will cover the entire month of February, so be prepared!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #181 on: August 08, 2015, 11:28:51 AM »

I'm out of town right now but I'll have a schedule up tomorrow.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #182 on: August 08, 2015, 12:07:01 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2015, 01:58:22 PM by Classic Conservative »

Schmitz for President '72

World Tour
January 23, 1972

10:00 AM- Arrive in Tel Aviv, Israel
2:00 PM-Speech at The Knesset in Tel Aviv
  "Israel's greatest ally is the United States we must stand by her in her darkest hour stand by our Jewish brothers. Regain the holy land for the chosen people and defeat these crazy pigs of Islam. I ask all of you to talk to your friends in America and tell them that Schmitz is your man."
4:00 PM- Meeting with The Chief Rabbis of Israel, Chrisitian Leaders and Mormom Leaders in Jerusalem

6:00 PM- Prayer at Western Wall

January 24, 1972
11:00 AM- Visit to The Parthenon in Athens Greece
2:00 PM- Speak to Greek Americans at The Embassy in Greece
5:00 PM- Meeting with The President and Prime Minister of The Hellenic State
9:00 PM- Meeting with the Patriarch of Constantinople in The Snyagoue in Rhodes

January 25, 1972
9:00 AM- Visit with The Pope in Vatican City
12:00 Noon- Speech to the Italian Parliament
  "Where we are today Rome was the founding of our western civilization, Rome and Athens places where the world grew from the dark to the light. The dark of the barbarians to the light of the enlightenment, God has blessed the West, those blessings we must grow and continue. We must fight our communist neighbors and that shall happen with your help."
3:00 PM- Speech at The American Consulate in Rome
5:00- Meeting with The American, English, French, Rhodesian and South African Ambassadors to Italy
8:00- Visit to Romes Historic sites

January 26, 1972
9:00 Visit with the Presidents of South Africa and Rhodesia

12:00 Noon- Speech with White Supremacists in South Africa
  "I agree with you about race, we need to divide the races across the world from the black pigs to the glorious whites across the world. White Power Yesterday, White Power Now, White Power Forever."
3:00 PM- Meeting with Former Belgian Rulers of The Congo
7:00 PM- Fundraiser at The Home of The South African President

January 27, 1972
9:00 AM- Meeting with The Polish Government in Exile
11:00 AM- Meeting with Conservative Party Leaders in London, UK
1:00 PM- Meeting with Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip
4:00 PM- Attend Royal Dinner
6:00 PM- Attend Vietnam Roundtable
8:00 PM- Fundraiser at The Home of a British MP
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #183 on: August 08, 2015, 12:49:38 PM »

Why Do They Support Schmitz?

John Schmitz has been gaining steam ever since he's announced his run for President, to a crowd of 25,000 people in Bakersfield, California. We went all over our nation to find some of his supporters and ask them why they support him.

Name: Frank Bixby
Party: American Independent Party
Veteran: Yes; USMC
Who did you support in 1968: George Wallace
Reason for Schmitz: "I support Schmitz beacuse of his policies on all of the issues race, communism, military and Christian values. He's the only person who has shown his plan for America"

Name: Judith Macabee
Party: Democratic
Veteran: No
Who did you vote for in the caucus: Sam Yorty
'68: Richard Nixon
Reason for Schmitz: "My fiancιe is fighting actively in Vietnam right now, Schmitz is the only candidate with military experience who will turn our country around my fiancιe and I both think that Schmitz will protect our boys."

Name: Rev. Tobias Greenfield
Party: Republican Party
Who did you vote for in the caucus: Goldwater
'68: Wallace
Reason for Schmitz: "Schmitz is the only real Christian in the race, he supports religious schools, want to make Christianity an offical religion and wants to bring back God to the public sphere."

Name: Oliver Porksfield
Party: Independent
Veteran: Yes; USAF
'68: Nixon
Reason for Schmitz: "Schmitz is the only candidate who shows real understanding to the economic crisis happening in our country right now. He plans to lower taxes and create new jobs."
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2015, 02:00:45 PM »

Awesome Update Lumine!

Quote from: Restricted
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2015, 04:26:00 PM »

Mayor Lindsay Victory Speech

"Tonight, the citizens of Arizona spoke loud and clear: We need a fighter in Washington! For to long, Washington has pushed a President onto America, but tonight, America is sending a message that we won't accept their nominee. I give a thanks to Arizona voters, and a thanks to my opponents in this contest for giving us a contest of ideas rather than a contest of rhetoric. To voters in the upcoming states, I promise you - voting for John Lindsay in 1972 will send a message to the power brokers that Americans want to send a President to Washington to change the status quo, to end the wars, and to instead fight for the people of this country."
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2015, 04:53:44 PM »

ROUND 4 ENDORSEMENTS!!!!!
The following people endorsed Congressman John G. Schmitz for Presudent for Round 4

Rev. Jerry Falwell
Pastor and Founder of Liberty University and Academy
   "Congressman Schmitz is the only candidate in the race that is willing to talk about race issues and religious liberty. Whites and blacks are not destined to be mixed, Congressman Schmitz is correct about that. We also need a deep religious man and that man is Congressman John G. Schmitz. I hope you join my family in supporting John G. Schmitz."
Rev. Falwell will campaign in West Virgina, Virginia and Kentucky over this week

Clay Smothers
Black State Representative from Texas
   "Well, I know I'll get some heat from this but I've decided to endorse Congressman Schmitz for President. I agree with him on race and I might even go farther than him or the KKK, even I wouldn't mind even being a slave. Slavery is good, it builds industry. This, I know isn't Congressman Schmitzs position but it's mine and I look forward to talking to him about race in the future."
Meeting with Pro-Slavery Groups and campaigning in Louisana and Texas

Thomas S. Gates Jr.
Former Lieutenant Commander and Secretary of Navy under Eisenhower
  "We need a President who will stand with our Soliders and help our veterans, that man is Congressman Schmitz, Congressman Schmitz himself did once take the call himself to protect our country and our citizens and he's taking it again, join me in supporting John Schmitz for President."
Meeting with Veterans and Active Duty Soliders across the country
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2015, 05:34:09 PM »

Turn Five: Fear and Loathing in New Hampshire:
January 30th to February 28, 1972

In the News!

Nixon goes to China!
Historic eight day visit to Beijing, Nixon first President to visit China

"Bloody Sunday" shocks the United Kingdom:
Thirteen dead after paratroopers shot unarmed protestors

Paris Peace Talks more and more unlikely to succeed
North Vietnamese delegation walks out to protest increasing air raids on Hanoi:

1.- February 1972 As you noticed, this turn covers the entire month of February. I decided to proceed that way because no primaries or caucuses were held here, and having five consecutive turns without anything important will probably kill the momentum we have been able to keep. Because of that, you have five days to plan your schedules, given that this turn includes debates and the early work to win New Hampshire and Florida.

2.- Illinois Primary: February 28th is the deadline to file in for the March 21st Illinois Primary, so if you are planning to contest it, please don't forget to file-in in your schedule.

3.- Special Endorser: William Loeb: The first special endorser has been unblocked! Normally I would allow players to contest it, but given the field and his performance so far Spiral easily wins the support of William Loeb and the Manchester Union Leader. Loeb supported Yorty in OTL, and here he would be even more supportive. That said, this just covers the Democratic side, Goldwater Jr and Morgens can apply for the Loeb endorsement for their respective primary. Spiral's reward is a large polling boost for the next turn, and a special bonus I will have to tell him in private.

4.- Nixon in China: As you know, Richard Nixon visited China from February 21st to February 28th, and as a result he won't be able to campaign that week. On the other hand, he will get positive media coverage for the trip, so this historical event is to be taken as a balanced  one (Nixon's gameplay is dimished, but he gets extra support).

Gallup: President Nixon's Approval Rating:

Approve: 50% (+1)
Disapprove: 41% (+2)
Undecided: 9% (-3)

Gallup: 1972 Presidential Election:

Generic Democrat: 41% (+1)
Richard M. Nixon: 40% (-1)
 George Wallace: 11% (-1)
John G. Schmitz: 1-2% (+-1)
Undecided: 6%

Primary Polling

Gallup: Republican Primary:

Richard Nixon: 67% (-3)
Barry Goldwater Jr: 19% (+7)
Howard Morgens: 6% (-1)
Undecided: 8% (-3)

It's Barrymentum for the Republicans as conservatives get fired up over the shocking Arizona result. Goldwater Jr. is now being taken seriously by many primary voters (especially those angry over the China overture), which means his polling rises. On the other hand, a failure to meet the expectations of being a credible challenger would cause a lot of damage to his campaign. While Goldwater comes out of Arizona swinging, he also faces a strategic dilemma: Howard Morgens has been investing his time and resources into the high profile New Hampshire, holding a lot of advantage over the conservative challenger.

Gallup: Democratic Primary:

Ed Muskie: 27% (-1)
John Lindsay: 21% (+3)
Sam Yorty: 14%
George McGovern: 11% (+1)
Mike Gravel: 10% (+1)
Eugene McCarthy: 8% (+1)
Jimmy Carter: 4%
Undecided: 6% (-2)

The barrage of attacks continue, as the reaction towards Yorty keep his national momentum down. Lindsay is the clear winner here, as the failure of Muskie to keep expectations up makes him vulnerable to the New York Mayor as a more than credible runner-up. The ones with the higher dilemma are, of course, the anti-war trio, as they fight for the same votes and in doing so they divide their own support. New Hampshire will certainly be crucial as Muskie needs to win there, just as one of the anti-war trio needs to come out on top if they are to claim the momentum.

Random and Player Consecuence Events:

Lindsay faces positive coverage, polling and fundraising surge:

Riding high in the polls today is New York City Mayor John Lindsay, who convincingly won the Arizona caucus to become the likely liberal/moderate alternative to Senator Ed Muskie. The news media have been giving increased coverage to the Mayor as the New Hampshire and Florida Primaries near, with the consecuence of significantly improving Lindsay's chances moving ahead on the calendar.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2015, 05:36:31 PM »

Primary Candidate Data

Notoriety = N, Organization = O, Finance = F

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2015, 05:46:48 PM »

Early States, Tentative Polling:

Gallup: Florida Republican Primary:

Richard Nixon: 68% (-6)
Barry Goldwater Jr: 13% (+8)
Howard Morgens: 9% (-1)
Undecided: 10% (+1)

Gallup: New Hampshire Republican Primary:

Richard Nixon: 60% (-1)
Howard Morgens: 19%
Barry Goldwater Jr: 12% (+4)
Undecided: 9% (-3)

Gallup: Democratic New Hampshire Primary:

Ed Muskie: 33% (-3)
George McGovern: 20% (-1)
Sam Yorty: 13% (+2)
Eugene McCarthy: 11% (+4)
Mike Gravel: 8%
John Lindsay: 6% (+2)
Jimmy Carter: 4% (+1)
Undecided: 5% (-4)

Gallup: Democratic Florida Primary:

Ed Muskie: 25%
John Lindsay: 21% (+3)
Jimmy Carter: 12% (+1)
Eugene McCarthy: 9%
Sam Yorty: 9% (+1)
Mike Gravel: 5% (+1)
George McGovern: 1% (-1)
Undecided: 18% (-2)

Gallup: Tentative Democratic Illinois Primary:

Ed Muskie: 35%
John Lindsay: 20%
Mike Gravel: 10%
Sam Yorty: 7%
George McGovern: 5%
Eugene McCarthy: 4%
Jimmy Carter: 2%
Undecided: 17%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2015, 05:47:14 PM »

And the debate comes tomorrow. Enjoy!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2015, 05:57:18 PM »

John Lindsay files for the Illinois primary.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2015, 06:08:55 PM »

Jimmy Carter will file for the Illinois Primary... though winning is unlikely at best, admittedly.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2015, 06:15:08 PM »

Edmund Muskie files for the Illinois Primary.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2015, 06:40:56 PM »

Screw it, let's have it anyway:

Presidential Primary Debates:

(Candidates of both parties invited to participate, but not doing so will not hurt polling numbers)

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2015, 07:04:04 PM »

The McGovern campaign would like to file for the Illinois Primary
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2015, 08:02:06 PM »

Muskie Debate Performance

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for having me, and hosting this debate.

1. Now, busing would not be necessary if it weren't for the insidious stain of geographic segregation. You have large swaths of America dominated by one race. Without busing, and the integration it allows, the preconceived misconceptions about each race will be allowed to flourish. And as long as those misconceptions continue to exist, we will not enter a post-racial America. This solution will be difficult, but frankly it is the only solution to end segregation currently on the table. I stand unequivocally in favor of busing and desegregation in our schools.

2. With my plan for  Southeast Asia, there will be no need for the draft, so of course I will support an end of forced conscription. However, the issue of amnesty for draft dodgers is a nuanced one. To simply forgive them is an insult to our brave men dying overseas. Those who fled the country due to the draft must be repatriated, and sensible solution must be reached for them, and amnesty is no solution. Our men died because they followed the law, and these men are still alive because they violated it. However, simply filling our jails with repatriated citizens is nonsensical. I would advocate for mandatory community service for ten years, and a fine, even though nothing even close to that will do justice for our fallen soldiers.

3. I will support our nominee for President, no matter whom he or she is.

4. As President, I will take any and all American troops out of offensive rolls, and begin a massive scale back of our presence in Southeast Asia. The only American military presence left in the region will be at our embassies, and limited military bases. I will move our soldiers out of harms way, and work towards a reasonable approach to peace in the region, and if none can be achieved, it's the South Vietnamese's war to win or lose, not ours. Thank you, and goodnight.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2015, 08:39:05 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2015, 06:42:20 AM by Classic Conservative »

Schmitz's for President '72
Campaign Schedule January 30-February 28, 1972

January 30, 1972

9:00 AM- Meet and Greet in Lynchburg, Virginia

10:00 AM- Speech at Liberty University Weekly Address
12 Noon- Set up Campaign Office at Liberty University introduce Leader of The Liberty University College Republicans John Guildson as manager
1:00- Speech to Parents at Liberty Academy about education and race
3:00- Meeting with The Virginia Southern Baptist Convention Pastors
5:00- Town Hall in Richmond, Virginia
7:00- Fundraiser in Alexandria, Virginia

January 31, 1972

8:00 AM- Meet and Greet in Pass Christian, Mississippi
9:00- Meeting with AIP Party Leaders in Biloxi, Mississippi
10:00- Town Hall in Oxford, Mississippi
12:30 PM- Speech in Hattiesburg, Mississippi
2:00 PM- Meeting with The KKK of The Deep South
4:00 PM- Meet and Greet in Canton, Mississippi

5:00 PM- Speech in Kosciusko, Mississippi
  "Our nation needs strong leaders, all of you are here for a strong leader and that's me. We see The Communist who's our President go to China. To meet with his friends in the Communist Party and then he basically does nothing but have more blacks and oriental move here and take our jobs. Enough is enough we need the jobs not those pigs."

February 1, 1972

11:00 AM- Meet and Greet in Portsmouth, NH
12:45 PM- Meet and Greet in Manchester, NH
1:45 PM-Meeting with The Manchester Union Leader
3:00 PM- Speech in Campton, NH
  "I've decided to make my endorsements for the Democratic Primaries that candidate will be Sam Yorty. Even though we don't agree on all of the issues he's the only democrat willing to address the issues, If you support me in any state and your a Democrat, Yortys your candidate for their nod but remember to vote for me in the general."
6:00 PM- Town Hall in Laconia, NH
8:00- Fundraiser in Wolfboro, NH

February 2, 1972

10:00 AM- Rally with Veterans in front of the Washington Monument
11-2 PM- Legislative Duties
4:00 PM- Rally in Annapolis, Maryland
7:00 PM- Fundraiser in Baltimore, Maryland

February 3, 1972
Meet and Greet in Salt Lake City, Utah
Town Hall in Provo, Utah
Meet and Greet in Alpine, Utah
Rally at Lehi Roller Mills in Lehi, Utah to a crowd of 15,000
Fundraiser in Moab, Utah

February 4, 1972
Meet and Greet in Ashland, Oregon
Town Hall in Pendleton, Oregon to a crowd of 900 people; highest town hall attendance
Meet and Greet in Fossil, Oregon with over 3/4 of the town in attendance
Rally at Convention Center in Portland to a crowd of 20,000 people
Fundraiser in Medford, Oregon

February 5, 1972
Meet and Greet in Missoula, Montana
Town Hall in Anaconda, Montana to a crowd of 600 people
Meet and Greet in Kalispell, Montana
Rally in Helena, Montana
Fundraiser in Billings, Montana

Schmitz's News for The Turn

Schmitz Campaign adds a fleet of new vehicles including a private jet donated by Carl Karcher and a yacht donated by a wealthy citizen who supports the campaign.

The Schmitz Campaign had a high record of attendance this week at over 500,000 people

During the first month of the campaign the team raised over $4.8 million dollars!!!

Schmitz has gained ballot access in Alabama, Utah, Mississippi, Idaho, Oregon, New Hampshire, California, Iowa and South Carolina.

We Thank are state chairs and those states for leading the ballot access effort.

We are only 54 signatures away from are goal in Tennessee and 197 away in Kansas!!

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: August 08, 2015, 08:55:52 PM »

John Lindsay Debate Performance

Introduction:

Question 1:

Question 2:

Question 3:

Question 4:

Conclusion:
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2015, 12:53:22 AM »

Can Fred Harris file for the Illinois primary? (Late entry into the race)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies