Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:10:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 51
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 107490 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2015, 10:03:37 AM »

I take it an extension until tomorrow will be needed?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2015, 10:28:08 AM »

Yessir, I still need to do the endorsement schedule.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2015, 10:43:48 AM »

I'll try and get my schedule up today, but just in case, may I ask for an extension as well.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2015, 11:26:47 AM »

I'll try and get my schedule up today, but just in case, may I ask for an extension as well.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2015, 11:54:11 AM »

The Nixon campaign will participate in the Republican Primary debates.

Us too.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2015, 02:51:32 PM »

I'll join the chorus asking for an extension...though I should have my endorsement list up tonight.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2015, 02:54:33 PM »

Sure, tomorrow afternoon or night it is.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2015, 07:29:05 PM »

Carter in 1972-New Endorsements

Phoenix Mayor John Driggs

Former Iowa Attorney General Lawrence Scalise (Scalise will fundraise in Chicago)

Former Miami Mayor Stephen Clark (D-FL) (Clark will campaign in Miami and Palm Beach)

Florida Attorney General Robert Shevin (Shevin will be campaigning in Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2015, 08:42:18 PM »

Terribly sorry but I'm going to have to withdraw from the game.

Shirley Chisholm withdraws and endorses George McGovern.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2015, 10:32:34 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2015, 09:58:42 PM by YPestis25 »

Edmund Muskie Endorser

Governor Warren Hearnes of Missouri
Governor Hearnes will barnstorm in Iowa January 23rd, before attending a pre-caucus rally that night in Des Moines, IA.

Senator Stuart Symington of Missouri
Senator Symington will barnstorm in Arizona leading up to the caucus there.

Former Endorsers

Governor Harold Hughes of Iowa
Governor Hughes will barnstorm in Iowa January 23rd, before joining the pre-caucus rally that night.

Rep. John Culver (IA 2nd)
Rep. Culver will barnstorm in Iowa January  23rd, before joining the pre-caucus rally.

Rep. Neil Smith (IA 5th)
Rep. Smith will barnstorm in Iowa January 23rd, before joining the pre-caucus rally.

Mayor James Corbett of Tuscon, AZ
Barnstorm all week in Arizona, join a pre-caucus rally in Phoenix on the 28th.

Rep. Hugh Carey (NY 15th)
Fundraise in New York City.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2015, 01:20:15 AM »

George McGovern Statment(s)

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2015, 03:54:45 AM »

New Gravel Endorsers

Governor Patrick Lucey (D-WI)

"Sometimes it's not about doing what's easy, but about doing what's best for the American people. Mike Gravel understands this, so I support his candidacy for president."

Governor Wendell Anderson (DFL-MN)

"I hear people saying that Senator Gravel isn't electable, but I think standing for democratic principles is a winning message. I was part of the silver medalist hockey team back in '56, and I believe Mike Gravel can win the gold this year!"

Governor John C. West (D-SC)

"I'm an advocate for social change, and Mike Gravel is the best candidate to help the poor, because when he moved to Alaska, he himself had no job and no money. Politicians need to understand the people, and Gravel understands the people better than anyone else in this election."
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2015, 04:21:01 AM »

Sam Yorty Campaign Schedule: January 23-29

January 23
-Town Hall in Epping, NH
-Town Hall in Kingston, NH
-Town Hall in Gilmanton, NH
-Town Hall in Hampstead, NH
-Rally in Concord, NH

Ever heard the expression, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"? Seems an awful lot like what's going on right now. Now you got all these big-wig party leaders running around trying to squash my candidacy. What's been happening, though? I'm still rising in the polls despite everything they're throwing at me! I would say I'm flattered over all the attention I'm getting these days, but it's a complete slap in the face to voters like yourself when guys like Hubert Humphrey want to undermine me just because I don't follow the party orthodoxy on every single issue. I say we should stick a fork in the eyes of those party elitists when the time comes, New Hampshire. Will you stand with me?

January 24
-Town Hall in Window Rock, AZ
-Town Hall in Doney Park, AZ
-Town Hall in Tolleson, AZ
-Rally in Peoria, AZ
-Fundraiser in Buckeye, AZ

The President can try all he wants, but no good peace deal is going to come out of Vietnam. His latest failure shows that much. See, the problem with diplomacy in these cases is that the communists are relentless. Their one goal is to spread their ideology across the globe until we're all cloaked in red. Do you really think that the North Vietnamese are going to stop their aggressions because we made a few pretty promises to them? That's incredibly naοve. We're trying to end a conflict prematurely without even having a clear strategy for the battle, so we're losing our boys and not making any progress either. When I'm President, this nonsense is going to stop. I will get the job done and halt the spread of communism in Asia, and our boys will come back home with honor.

January 25
-Town Hall in Flowing Wells, AZ
-Town Hall in fort Mohave, AZ
-Barnstorming in Bullhead City, AZ
-Barnstorming in Maricopa, AZ
-Barnstorming in Oro Valley, AZ

These hotshots in the Democratic Party want me to shut up and go away because I'm not playing by their rules. You see, they're scared of us. They know that we're able to win and that's a risk to all of their plans. Their man is Muskie, but I bet he'll be faltering pretty soon. All I can say to the snooty elitists is this: I'm not going away, I'm not shutting up, and you can be damn sure that this campaign is going full steam ahead all the way to the convention!

January 26
-Town Hall in Nogales, AZ
-Barnstorming in Sun City, AZ
-Barnstorming in Prescott, AZ
-Barnstorming in Lake Havusu City, AZ
-Fundraiser in Pheonix, AZ

I'll say this loud and clear: Ed Muskie should not be our party's nominee. He has let the party down before and he'll do it again if he's nominated. You look at Muskie's record and he's been both ways on the most important issues. The guy who called me Nixon Lite was a big supporter of going into Vietnam, but he only changed his mind when things got tough and the base turned against him. Do we want someone who bucks under pressure that easily in the White House? Muskie and his kind cannot be trusted. The American people deserve a leader with a backbone and the drive to actually accomplish something as president, not these mushy establishment politicians who care more about just getting elected to the next office. Call me what you want, but I've always been consistent.

January 27
-GOTV in Sierra Vista, AZ
-GOTV in Marana, AZ
-GOTV in Catalina Foothills, AZ
-GOTV in Goodyear, AZ
-GOTV in Avondale, AZ

I have talked a lot about foreign policy and law and order recently, but another part of my platform that is just as important is what to do with the economy. Right now our economy is in shambles, and the Nixon administration sure isn't doing anything to help out struggling Americans. The biggest reform we can make is changing the tax system so that the burden on the middle and working class is significantly less than what it is now. We also need to provide incentives for good-paying jobs here at home in sectors like manufacturing. We can't afford to have more of these plants closed down or never built at all. No other candidate is serious about how to revive this economy, but I pledge to you with all of my heart that I will do everything in my power to protect American interests and bring back prosperity.

January 28
-GOTV in Yuma, AZ
-GOTV in San Tan Valley, AZ
-GOTV in Scottsdale, AZ
-GOTV in Glendale, AZ
-GOTV in Gilbert, AZ

Tomorrow is the day, Arizona. I feel something in the air that can't be ignored. This campaign has been surging here and I see enthusiastic supporters everywhere I look. If you just listen to the talking heads on the evening news, this is supposed to be some horse race between Muskie and Lindsay. That's not what's going to happen, though. I see an army of Americans making their voices heard and voting for an alternative. They're frustrated by our fractured society, flailing economy, and overseas failures. They're gonna shock the establishment and vote for Yorty. This can happen, but only with your help. I need all of you to caucus tomorrow and make sure that your voices are heard in this sea of candidates. Bring your family and friends along, too. Together, we're gonna win this contest and march toward the nomination!

January 29
-GOTV in Chandler, AZ
-GOTV in Mesa, AZ
-GOTV in Tuscon, AZ
-GOTV in Phoenix, AZ
-Election Night Rally in Phoenix, AZ
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2015, 04:37:57 AM »

Sam Yorty Endorsements

Former Governor W. Haydon Burns (D-FL)

Mayor Yorty represents the common-sense wing of our party. He is the best candidate to tackle President Nixon in the general election, and I will do my part to ensure that he wins the Florida primary in March.

January 23-29
-Barnstorming in FL
-Fundraising in FL

Former Governor Otto Kerner, Jr. (D-IL)

There's no disputing that Sam is quite the character. But beyond that, I see all the traits of leadership that a man needs. The country would be much better off if we had someone like him in the White House.

January 23-29
-Barnstorming in IL
-Fundraising in IL

Past Endorsements

John W. King: Barnstorming in NH
Ross Perot: Fundraising in CA
Happy Chandler: Barnstorming in AZ
Robert Byrd: Barnstorming in AZ
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2015, 01:57:39 PM »

Sam Yorty GOTV Strategy: Arizona

The Yorty campaign is now actively bringing out voters in Arizona after weeks of organizing in the state. A victory or a strong performance would add continued momentum to Yorty's candidacy heading into New Hampshire. This is how the campaign is handling its GOTV operations:

-Actively seeking out blue collar workers in urban and suburban areas
-Targeting voters in smaller, rural areas ignored by other candidates
-Persuading voters leaning towards Muskie or Lindsay to switch to Yorty, bringing up issues such as Vietnam, law and order, and the economy
-Bringing out disaffected Democrats across the state who normally don't vote
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2015, 02:21:19 PM »

I will have my schedule up shortly.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2015, 04:05:05 PM »

Goldwater Campaign Schedule:

Jan 23:
Organizing Volunteers and staff in AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Yuma, AZ
Town Hall in Yuma, AZ

Jan 24:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Fortuna Foothills, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Mohawk, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Dateland, AZ

Jan 25:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Theba, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Mobile, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Maricopa, AZ

Jan 26:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Casa Grande, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Chandler, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Gilbert, AZ

Jan 27:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Mesa
Barnstorming and GOTV in Tempe, AZ
Attend Carl Hayden's funeral in Tempe, AZ
Speak at Senator Hayden's memorial service in Tempe, AZ With Senators Goldwater and Fannin and Governor Williams

I can remember the first time I met Senator Hayden, it was on one of my father's first campaigns. The first thing I noticed when I met him was his composure, a kind and thoughtful man, a man my father held in high regards. Later on when I had a chance to speak in greater detail with him, I understood why. He was someone who truly cared about his state and the people who he represented. He was the model statesman, and I, along with all of Arizona will miss him.

Jan 28:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Scottsdale, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Glendale, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Phoenix, AZ

Jan 29:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Flagstaff, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Kayenta, AZ
Barnstorming and GOTV in Red Mesa, AZ

Past Endorsers:
Rep. Sam Steiger (Barnstorming and leading staffers and volunteers in GOTV efforts in his district)
Rep. John Jacob Rhodes (Barnstorming and leading staffers and volunteers in GOTV efforts in his district)
Senator Goldwater: (Barnstorming and leading volunteers in GOTV in small towns across AZ)
Senator James Buckley: (Fundraising)
Senator Paul Fannin (Barnstorming and leading volunteers in GOTV in small towns across AZ)
Governor Williams (Barnstorming and GOTV in Phoenix and surrounding areas with volunteers)
Fmr. Sec. of Def. Thomas S. Gates, Jr. (Fundraising)

Goldwater Jr. GOTV Strategy:
  • Sending volunteers out to small towns, priority on those which Nixon ignored
  • Enlisting college students in volunteer work
  • Sending volunteers door to door with fliers highlighting Nixon's broken promises

Newspaper advertisements will continue in AZ, IA, FL, NH
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2015, 04:17:11 PM »

Carter '72- Week 4 Schedule

January 23, 1972

Speech in Temple Terrace, Florida

Mayor Lindsay was, in many ways right to point out just how new to my job as Governor I am...but I wouldn't run for a higher office, without complete trust in team in Atlanta, and in any event, it's unlikely I'll win the nomination, meaning Georgia likely will still have me for three more years anyways... Assuming I do lose, this experience should make me a better a Governor by helping see what other states do, and experimenting with what works in Georgia.

Meet Voters in San Antonio, Florida

Meet Voters in Zephyrhills, Florida

Meet Voters in Brandon, Florida

Meet Voters at Weeki Wachee, Florida

January 24, 1972

Meet Voters in Davenport, Florida

Meet Voters in Roxbury, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Dublin, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Croyden, New Hampshire

January 25, 1972

Statement/Speech on Carl Hayden's passing, from St. John's, Arizona

I didn't know Senator Hayden particularly well, but anyone who can represent their state as well as he did for you here in Arizona, is a winner in my book. From what I know about him, he was a workhorse, not a show horse trotting his name out for the press at any opportunity. That's what a good politician should be...and that's what Senator Hayden did so well.

Meet Voters in Horseshoe Beach, Florida

January 26, 1972

Meet Voters in Pembroke Pines, Florida

Meet Voters in Miramar, Florida

Speech in Boynton Beach, Florida

Like my fellow candidates, I don't appreciate being called a "pinko". Mayor Yorty is dangerousy wrong on Vietnam, and I strongly recommend he exit the race, or run as an Independent or Republican, because his denouncement of people who want to do our country right, means he does not belong in the Democratic Party.

January 27, 1972

Telephone meetings with State Legislative Leaders and Lt. Governor Maddox...Boynton Beach, Florida

Meet voters in Lantana, Florida

Meet Voters in Fellsmere, Florida

January 28, 1972

Meet Voters in Harts Location, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Monroe, New Hampshire

January 29, 1972

Film appearance in Adam-12! (as a murdered LA City Councilman-episode tentatively scheduled to air in December 1972), Sylmar, Los Angeles, California.

Watch results of Arizona and Iowa Caucuses, Los Angeles, California.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2015, 04:32:28 PM »

Will have my schedule up soon, on a vacation at the moment so it will take a bit. Sorry yall.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2015, 10:01:16 PM »

Muskie for America Turn 4

January 23rd
Town Hall in Cedar Rapids.
Meet and greet in Iowa City.
Rally in Des Moines, IA with Gov. Hearnes, Rep. Culver, and Rep. Smith.
"Iowa, you have truly given me a warm reception, and thanks to your support, I am confident of a decisive victory tomorrow. With you help I can bring an end to Nixon's reactionary policies. I will end the war in Vietnam in no uncertain terms, and ensure our troops serve in no offensive, or front line roles. I will defend the New Deal and the Great Society! I will restore our respect on the world stage! Thank you, and goodnight."

January 24th
Fly to Phoenix, AZ.
Meet with local city leaders.
Meet and greet at local UAW Hall.
Speech to Democratic activists.
"Now, I'm sure some of you have heard of Mayor Yorty's accusations. As I have said before, he has brought out the worst in our party. He has accused me of being soft in Vietnam, well frankly that's a ridiculous accusation. Wanting to end the useless expenditure of American lives is not being mushy, and it's not being soft, it's having common sense, something which Mayor Yorty seems to lack almost as a much as experience."

January 25th
Meet with local city leaders in Tuscon, AZ.
Barnstorm with local businessmen in Tuscon, AZ.
Speech to Democratic activists.
"Thank you for receiving me. We're in quite a horse race with Mayor Lindsay, a man I deeply respect, but with whom I have some fundamental disagreements. He has accused me of doublespeak on the issue of Vietnam, well if I'm guilty, then so is he. Mayor Lindsay, along with most members of Congress voted for the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution. And yet, he has the gall to accuse me of doublespeak? Preposterous."

January 26th
Barnstorm in Chandler, AZ.
Meet with local Union leaders.
Dinner and fundraiser with business leaders.

[bJanuary 27th[/b]
Fly to Manchester, NH.
Barnstorm in southern New Hampshire.
Fundraiser in Plymouth, NH.
Fundraiser in Concord, NH.

January 28th
Fly to Chandler, AZ.
Barnstorm in Union neighborhoods.
Meet and greet with business and civic leaders.
Rally in Phoenix, AZ.
"Thank you Arizona for your tremendous support. I trust that you as the voters will make the right decision. I was truly honored to have the support of your late Senator Hayden, and of Tuscon's mayor. With their support we will win this thing! Thank you, and goodnight."

January 29th 
Barnstorm in northern New Hampshire.
Meet business leaders in Whitfield, NH.
Meet civic leaders in Bethlehem, NH.
Fundraiser in Portland, ME.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2015, 10:05:06 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2015, 10:07:05 PM by YPestis25 »

Muskie for America Ad
 Narrator: Muskie is the man for 1972. With a proven track record as Governor from Maine, he has the executive experience needed to lead. Only with Muskie will the war end, and the working man be protected. Only with Muskie will we retake the White House!

To run in Iowa, Arizona, New Hampshire, and Florida.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2015, 10:50:49 PM »

McGovern Campaign Schedule: January 23th - January 29th

Sunday, Jan 23:  IOWA
Clarinda - Rally in Town Square on "Small Town America in Our Declining Economy"
Des Moines - Lecture at Drake University on "The Over-reach of Government with the Draft"

Clarinda Town Square

Monday,  Jan 24:  IOWA
Iowa City - Lunch with Voters at Hamburg Inn No 2
          - "GOTV" Campaign
          - Watch caucus result in Iowa City HQ

Tuesday, Jan 25:  ILLINOIS
Chicago - Rally with Fmr. Governor Sam Shapiro on "Ending the War in Southeast Asia"

Chicago

Wednesday, Jan 26:  ARIZONA
Papago Reservation - Tribal Headquarters on "Indians and Civil Rights"
Tucson - Rally with Fmr. Senator Guy Gillette at University of Arizona on "Engaging College Students in Ending the War in SE Asia"

University of Arizona

Thursday, Jan 27: ARIZONA, WASHINGTON, D.C.
Nogales - Rally on "Improving Jobs and the Economy for All Citizens"
Washington, D.C. - U.S. Senate - Congressional duties

Friday, Jan 28:  NEW HAMPSHIRE
Laconia - Meet with United Steelworkers of America union members on "The Need for Workers' Rights in America"
Manchester - Rally at Headquarters for Amalgamated Transit Union on "The Role of Infrastructure Today"

Laconia, New Hampshire

Saturday, Jan 29: NEW HAMPSHIRE
Concord - Lunch with Voters at Capital Diner
         - "GOTV" Campaign
         - Watch primary results in Concord HQ

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2015, 11:00:31 PM »

Gov. Shapiro will be campaigning in his home state of Illinois and will be the McGovern Head Illinois Advisor.

Sen. Guy Gillette will campaign in Arizona this week.

Ralph Nader will campaign in New Hampshire this week.

Past Surrogates will continue their previous week's activities.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2015, 11:42:09 PM »

About 20 minutes left before I go with the results.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2015, 11:54:17 PM »

About 20 minutes left before I go with the results.

I know it's lazy and bad, but I'd like to repeat my schedule from last week with changes to the town's. All New Hampshire, all the time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies