Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:18:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 51
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 107391 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2015, 05:22:38 PM »

January 2nd, 1972:
-Personally file for the NH primary in Concord, New Hampshire.
-Rally in Concord, New Hampshire.

"Times are tough, I know. That is why my administration is taking proactive action to implement wage and price controls to accompany the decision to end the "gold standard." These actions were necessary and I staunchly stand by them, but most importantly, I stand by you and for you-the consumer, and the voter. And together, we can continue to better America."

January 3rd, 1972:
-Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire.
-Fundraiser in New York City.

January 4th, 1972:
-Rally in Miami, Florida.
-Fundraiser in Miami, Florida.
-Meet and Greet with voters in Key West.

January 5th, 1972:
-File for the Florida primary in Tallahassee, Florida.
-Rally at the State Capital in Tallahassee, Florida.
-Meet and Greet with students at Florida State University, in Tallahassee, Florida.

January 6th, 1972:
-Meet and Greet in Tucson, Arizona.
-Rally in Phoenix, Arizona.
-File for the Arizona primary.
-Fundraiser in Phoenix, Arizona.

January 7th, 1972:
-Return to Washington for presidential duties.

January 8th, 1972:
-Attending presidential duties in Washington.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2015, 06:36:05 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2015, 12:23:35 PM by Classic Conservative »

Schmitz for President '72
Campaign Staff

Campaign Manager: Zell Miller(D-GA)
Defense Strategist: Former General John Singlaub(R-VA)
Crime and Race Relation Strategist: Former KKK Leader Maximillian Laub(AIP-MS)*
Founding Principles Strategist: Cleon Skousen(R-UT)
Economic Strategist: Paul Decant(L-CA)*
Chief Lawyer: Mark Jones(D-IL)*
Chief Financial Officer: Patrick Mount-Batten(AIP-ND)*

Director of Grassroots Groups
Veterans Grassroots Outreach Officers:
Sgt. Jacob Finely USM(AIP-NC)* United States Marine Corps- Southern Region
Lt. Col Richard Townshend USAF(D-MT)* United States Air Force- Midwestern Region
Chief Esnign John Troph USN(R-MA)* United States Navy- Northern Region
Gen. John Patterson USA (IND-VA)* United States Army- Mideastern Region

Jewish Voters Grassroots Outreach Officers:
Rabbi Shmuel Soitzer(D-CA) Conservative Judaism- Pacific Region*
Rebbe Shlomo Halberstam(R-NY) Ultra Orthodox- Northeast Region
Rabbi Rebekah Katz(R-OH) Reform Judaism- Mideastern Region*
Cantor Yaakov Ben-David(AIP-KS) Orthodox Judaism- Midwestern Region*

Oriential Voters Outreach
Ben Chan Rin(R-NH) Chinese- Northeast Region*
Hioro Quin(D-SC) Japanese- Southern Region*
Hao Fa(I-MN) Vietnamese- Middle American Region*
Peter Cao(AIP-CA) Korean- Pacific Region*

More to Come Soon!!!
ALL MILITARY PEOPLE ARE NOT ACTIVE DUTY, THEY ARE VETERANS.
* Stars denote fictional
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2015, 06:38:49 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2015, 06:40:47 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Campaign Staff

Crime and Race Relation Strategist: Former KKK Leader Maximillian Laub(AIP-MS)
Economic Strategist: Milton Freidman(L-CA)
Chief Lawyer: Mark Jones(D-IL)
Chief Financial Officer: Patrick Mount-Batten(AIP-ND)

Veterans Grassroots Outreach Officers: Sgt. Jacob Finely USM(AIP-NC) Lt. Col Richard Townshend USAF(D-MT) Chief Esnign John Troph USN(R-MA) Gen. John Patterson USA (IND-VA)
Jewish Voters Grassroots Outreach Officers:Rabbi Shmuel Soitzer(D-NY)

More to Come Soon!!!
Did you run these claims over with Lumine? Because Zell Miller, Milton Friedman and some of these army endorsements directly fly in the face of the game and the law itself.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2015, 06:52:00 PM »

Campaign Staff

Veterans Grassroots Outreach Officers: Sgt. Jacob Finely USM(AIP-NC) Lt. Col Richard Townshend USAF(D-MT) Chief Esnign John Troph USN(R-MA) Gen. John Patterson USA (IND-VA)

More to Come Soon!!!
Did you run these claims over with Lumine? Because Zell Miller, Milton Friedman and some of these army endorsements directly fly in the face of the game and the law itself.
I'll change those Freidman and The Soliders are all veterans beacuse that's what there title says "Veterans Grassroots Outreach Officers" Veterans don't mean active duty if you didn't know that. And the rest are already secured and speaking of Zell Miller he was the Chief of Staff to the Governor of Georgia at that time I don't think that really is such a high position.
But the Governor of Georgia is a candidate in this game. Zell Miller would obviously back Carter.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 07:14:27 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2015, 08:30:54 PM by Classic Conservative »

Scmitz for President '72
WARNING: I CAN'T FIND ALOT OF PICTURES OF HIM, SO I'LL USE OTHER POLITICANS.

Today, Congressman Scmitz delievered a speech to a crowd of 6,000 in front of the USS Norfolk, talking about his military experience and how he's the only candidate who cares about the military and doesn't want to make it communist like Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter and George Wallace. He also talked about a new bill he introduced on the House Floor this morning.

"Today, I introduced HR 5246, which beacuse makes the Langague of America, English.(cheers) This bill is needed in the U.S., beacuse the vast majority of Americans use English as their main Langague it will also help immigrants learn English more easily and will make them better citizens in the future. This bill will not damage people's rights to speak different langagues of their choosing but with this, everybody will be able to communicate better. We all hate going to a restaurant and the Mexican waiter says something and you hate it and then you say "God dammit speak, English man or go back to your old country."(cheers)"

He also invited all candidates who support the gold standard to attend a rally that his campaign is putting on in Louisville Kentucky called "The Gold Standard is the Right Choice for America". Congressman Schmitz says that the gold standard will be the only topic discussed. The rally will be held on January 10, 1972
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2015, 07:33:17 PM »

Campaign Staff

More to Come Soon!!!
I'll change those Freidman and The Soliders are all veterans beacuse that's what there title says "Veterans Grassroots Outreach Officers" Veterans don't mean active duty if you didn't know that. And the rest are already secured and speaking of Zell Miller he was the Chief of Staff to the Governor of Georgia at that time I don't think that really is such a high position.
But the Governor of Georgia is a candidate in this game. Zell Miller would obviously back Carter.
Oops I meant Maddox the governor before him. Then miller was unemployed.

For obvious reasons Friedman, Maddox or Miller and the army endorsers are not granted.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2015, 07:43:39 PM »

Sorry, I thought you meant to say Gov. Maddox. And as shown by General Singlaub military personnel is not allowed to campaign for a candidate, hence why I'm not allowing it. I would prefer it if further doubts on this were put on the rules thread, this should be gameplay alone.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2015, 07:51:37 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2015, 07:59:12 PM by YPestis25 »

Edmund Muskie Endorsers

Governor Harold Hughes of Iowa
Hughes will hold a rally in Des Moines on January 5th, with Senator Muskie, and attend the fundraiser there the following day.

Governor Kenneth Curtis of Maine
Curtis will attend the Portland Fundraiser on January 5th.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2015, 10:23:18 PM »

Goldwater Jr. Schedule
January 2nd, 1972:
Follow necessary steps to file for the New Hampshire primary.
Barnstorm in Manchester, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Manchester, New Hampshire
Set up New Hampshire HQ and Volunteers

January 3rd, 1972:
Fly to Tallahassee, Florida
Follow necessary steps to file for the Florida primary
Hold Town Hall in Tallahassee, Florida
Set up Florida HQ and Volunteers

January 4th, 1972:
Fly to Des Moines, Iowa
Hold Town Hall in Des Moines, Iowa
Meet and Greet after Town Hall
Set Up Iowa HQ and Volunteers

January 5th, 1972:
Rally and Speech at the University of Iowa
Barnstorming small towns throughout Iowa

January 6th, 1972:
Fly to Phoenix, Arizona
Barnstorm in Phoenix
Hold Town Hall in Phoenix with Senator Goldwater Sr.
Set up Arizona HQ and Volunteers (Senator Goldwater Sr. head of Arizona HQ)

January 7th, 1972:
Rally and Speech at University of Arizona with Senator Goldwater Sr.
Meet with students at UofA with Senator Goldwater Sr.
Barnstorm Tuscon, Arizona with Senator Goldwater Sr.

January 8th, 1972:
Barnstorm Tucson, Arizona with Senator Goldwater Sr.
Hold Town Hall in Tuscon, Arizona
Barnstorm outlying areas of Tuscon with Senator Goldwater Sr.

Endorsers:

Senator James Buckley (C-NY)

I'm proud to support Congressman Goldwater in his effort, he represents the principles at the heart of America, and the American people. People see his honesty, his integrity, and his commitment to making America better.

Senator Barry Goldwater Sr. (R-AZ)

I support my son in this effort to bring true American, conservative values to the White House. We have continued to see this degradation of the honor of the presidency, the broken promises, and the refusal to follow the will of the American people, and the disregard for the Constitution.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2015, 10:50:53 PM »

Congresswoman Chisholm enters Democratic race bringing race and gender to the forefront

January 2, 1972 - New York City, New York

Where does this nation stand just three years into the Nixon Administration? Just two years into this decade?  We are more divided, more separated, than ever before.  In three short years, President Nixon has succeeded in pitting white against black, young against old, north against south, those living in poverty and those enjoying the fruits of success, labor against employer, and American against American.

In this three wasted years we have seen needles conflict and fear sprouting from the highest office in the land.  America does not need divisiveness and fear - America needs unity and hope.  We must have a leader who has an interest in bringing Americans together, and not a vested interest in driving them apart.

We must show that America is a nation where anyone can achieve the fulfillment of their dreams and aspirations.  Including a black woman seeking the Presidency of the United States.

I want a president for all of America; I want a president that understands our youth population when they seek to have their opinions treated with respect and attention; I want a president that knows the plight of people of color fighting for their economic survival because she has lived it herself; I want a president who understands the value and indisputable role of women in the political sphere as equal to a man.

Together we can elect a president that deserves the great honor of representing the American people at home and abroad.  I wish to be that person, and our movement can achieve that together!

Congresswoman Chisholm will file to contest the Iowa caucus and the New Hampshire and Florida primaries.

January 3
Fly to Miami, Florida
Rally in Miami
Open Florida Headquarters

January 4
Speech at student rally at the University of Miami
Fly to St. Petersburg

January 5
Campaign rally in St. Petersburg

January 6
Fly to Tallahassee
Fundraiser in Tallahassee
Fly to Des Moines, Iowa

January 7
Rally in Des Moines
Rally in Cedar Rapids

January 8
Rally in Davenport

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2015, 04:11:58 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2015, 04:21:17 AM by Leinad, Southern Legislator »

Senator Mike Gravel (D-AK) Announces his Candidacy for President!

January 2nd, 1972
Manchester, New Hampshire

Sen. Mike Gravel made a speech to a crowd in Manchester today, starting his somewhat surprise campaign for the Presidency.

"I grew up in New England. In fact, just across the state line in Massachusetts. The son of French-Canadian immigrants, I learned the importance of work from my dad. I put that to use, as I worked several jobs before entering politics. When I moved to what was then the Alaska territory, I had no money and no job, but was able to become a real estate agent. These experiences have taught me the value of work and money. I enlisted in the military, in the counterintelligence corps, so I understand foreign policy as well.

"I've always stood for rule by the people, for the people. For democracy. Before I was in any office, I campaigned for Alaskan statehood, because the people deserve to be represented. When I was in the state legislature, I help create the state commission for human rights, and a regional high school system for rural Alaskan natives, because the people deserve their rights, and the people deserve education. When I was in the senate, I stood against the needless war in Vietnam, and I put into the record the government's secret actions--omitting parts that would compromise security--because the people deserve to know what their government is doing, and the people deserve peace.

"We need a president who will stand for the people. Who aren't afraid to go against their party, or make their colleagues angry, if it's the right thing to do. The current president has ran an administration on broken promises, and I'm running for president, because the people deserve better."

Gravel For President Campaign Staff

Campaign Manager: Bettye Fahrenkamp
Political Consultant: Joseph Napolitan
Media Strategist: Dick Maynard*
Director of Grassroots Outreach: Murray Mathers*
Director of Fundraising: Jack Greenwich*
Lawyer: Roger Morrison*

*I totally made these people up.

Gravel Schedule

January 2nd
Campaign Announcement Speech in Manchester, NH
Barnstorming in Concord, NH
Filing for New Hampshire Primary
Setting up New Hampshire HQ

January 3rd
Fundraiser in Boston, MA
Barnstorming in Derry, NH
Barnstorming in Rochester, NH
Barnstorming in Nashua, NH

"Other candidates may talk the talk, but I've walked the walk in Alaska, and in Washington. I've lived the American dream, and remain committed to giving as many Americans as possible that opportunity. I stand for education, healthcare, individual liberty for all, and foreign policy that doesn't go to war unless it's the only option left."

January 4th
Fly to Tallahassee, FL
Filing for Florida Primary
Barnstorming in Tallahassee, FL
Setting up Florida HQ

January 5th
Barnstorming in Jacksonville, FL
Barnstorming in Orlando, FL
Barnstorming in St. Petersburg, FL
Townhall in Tampa, FL

"Yes, I've heard what Congressman Schmitz has had to say, and I don't think it's worth responding to. Many young Americans are dying in a needless war, street violence is rampant, many Americans are impoverished, many are without healthcare--I'm sorry, but I won't take time to remark on a candidate who I'm not yet running against, and doesn't even have a realistic shot at winning! My job is to ensure that the government is properly serving the people, not to comment on someone else's incoherent ramblings."

January 6th
Fly to Ceder Rapids, IA
Barnstorming in Cedar Rapids, IA
Setting up Iowa HQ
Barnstorming in Des Moines, IA

"I think that the best way to reduce violence and unrest is to look at the root causes of the problems. And things would also improve if we helped the economy, by replacing the income tax with a progressive sales tax, and if we instituted a universal healthcare program, because all people have the right to healthcare."

January 7th
Fly to Tuscon, AZ
Barnstorming in Tuscon, AZ
Barnstorming in Mesa, AZ
Setting up Iowa HQ
Townhall in Phoenix, AZ

"Yes, I've heard what Shirley Chisholm has done, and I'm glad! I'm a supporter of equal rights, so to see not only a black person running, but a woman as well, is a positive sight for us all. I think that we deserve a president who will help guide America to becoming a land of opportunity for all people, and I would certainly be that president."

January 8th
Fly to Washington, DC
Congressional duties as United States Senator

Endorsements

Senator Abraham Ribicoff

"Mike is a senator committed to progressive ideals, but also grounded in sensible and responsible governance. He's stood for the people and against Washington's failed policies, so I'll stand with Mike Gravel for President!"

Noam Chomsky

"Senator Gravel is opposed to dictatorship of either the government or of business, and he's opposed to the pointless waste of life in Vietnam. America will be improved greatly with Mike Gravel in the White House."
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2015, 02:39:44 PM »

Sam Yorty Endorsements

Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV)

Mayor Yorty is an honorable man who has defended American values at home and abroad for his whole career. I trust him to put this nation back on track after years of unrest, and I will do whatever I can to help him get elected this year.

January 2-5
-Senatorial duties

January 6-8
-Barnstorming in IA, AZ, and FL
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2015, 03:09:55 PM »

Lindsay '72 - Campaign Schedule

January 2nd
Barnstorming in Tuscon, AZ
Town Hall in Casa Grande, AZ
Town Hall in Mesa, AZ

January 3rd
Town Hall in Mesa, AZ
Barnstorming in Phoenix, AZ
Fundraising in Phoenix, AZ

"The solid doors of Washington remain closed to outsiders. President Nixon only hears the echoes within those walls. He doesn't hear struggling Arizonans, attempting to pay their bills, keep their streets clean, or achieve the American dream, he only hears the voices to continue sending men to die in Vietnam and voices saying to implement programs that will raise inflation. I will be a voice for the American people in Washington, not a voice from Washington on the American people."

- Mayor Lindsay talking to voters in Arizona

January 4th
Barnstorming in Des Moines, Iowa
Fundraising in Des Moines, Iowa
Town Hall in Ames, Iowa

January 5th
Barnstorming in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Town Hall in Iowa City, Iowa
Town Hall in Iowa City, Iowa

"I know farmers are struggling in this economy. President Nixon has put into place arbitrary policies that do little to help farmers. I will be a voice for farmers. I will fight for you by put together a new farm program that will expand wages, reducce waste, and make sure the lowest among you get paid what you deserve. The American people are tired of empty promises. Time for bold solutions."

- Mayor Lindsay's speech to an Iowa Farm Group.

January 6th
Town Hall in Keene, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Jaffrey, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Peterborough, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Bennington, New Hampshire

January 7th
Town Hall in Hillsboro, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Weare, New Hampshire
Barnstorming in Concord, New Hampshire

January 8th
Town Hall in Suncook, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Manchester, New Hampshire
Barnstorming in Manchester, New Hampshire
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2015, 03:38:27 PM »

Buckley endorses Morgens!

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2015, 03:51:14 PM »

Right, virtually everyone has posted except Ashbrook (who is on a trip apparently, so I don't count that against him) and Wallace (who is not mandated to post schedules, but I do need his announcement speech now or in one of the next turns).

Turn Two begins in three hours, unless an extension is asked.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2015, 06:51:46 PM »

Right, virtually everyone has posted except Ashbrook (who is on a trip apparently, so I don't count that against him) and Wallace (who is not mandated to post schedules, but I do need his announcement speech now or in one of the next turns).

I am traveling ,so my announcement will be in turn 2 or 3.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2015, 07:07:26 PM »

Turn Two: Raising Hell on January, Part I:
January 9th to January 15th, 1972

1.- Primary Ballot Deadlines: Candidates have until the end of the turn (January 15th) to file in for the Florida and New Hampshire Primaries. Take notice of the deadlines and plan carefully!

2.- Massachuetts Rad/Lib Caucus: A chance for Democratic Anti-War candidates to make their case, the Rad/Lib caucus is open for candidates to speak during Jan. 15th to win its endorsement. Winning the Rad/Lib Caucus brings a major polling boost in Massachusetts, Vermont and New Hampshire, along with volunteers that can be deployed for a caucus one time and for the Massachusetts Primary.

In the News!

Race Riots in Baton Rouge, LA:
Black Liberation Army attack leaves four dead, seventeen injured

Bloodless Coup in Ghana:
Prime Minister Busie deposed by the National Redemption Council

Primary Polling

Gallup: Republican Primary:

Richard Nixon: 72%
Barry Goldwater Jr: 9%
Howard Morgens: 5%
John Ashbrook: 4%
Undecided: 10%

President Nixon starts in a high position in the polls, and in his announcement he struck at the right notes with a general election public not fully convinced that the President deserves four more years in the White House. But in condemning conservative reaction (save for the Schmitz case) Nixon has opened us his flank, and both Morgens and Goldwater have struck at the President's foreign and economic policy. Whether that means a truly serious challenge, we shall see. In the meantime, hawks wonder: Is there anyone willing to escalate the war?

Gallup: Democratic Primary:

Ed Muskie: 28%
John Lindsay: 17%
Sam Yorty: 9%
George McGovern: 8%
Eugene McCarthy: 7%
Mike Gravel: 6%
Jimmy Carter: 3%
Shirley Chisholm: 3%
Undecided: 19%

With key favourites Hubert Humphrey and Ted Kennedy not running (at least for now), the Democratic field was left wide open for candidates with high name recognition, and with a heavy media presence Muskie and Lindsay shot at the top of the polls. Muskie seems to be the choice of establishment democrats, while Lindsay has successfully rallied many liberal and centrist elements. Left dissapointed by Wallace's refusal to run in the primary, many conservatives have joined the ranks of the Yorty campaign, and if the Mayor can sustain a rise in support he could very well become a serious contender.

On the other side of the contenders, the three main anti-war candidates launched their campaigns to some good reception, showing a good deal of potential. The problem is that they share the same voting base, so by contesting the same primaries and caucuses they might very well damage each other. Ending the list we have Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm, who has quickly earned a decent level of support amongst women and minority voters, and Governor Jimmy Carter, who saw a rise in the polls by virtue of being the only actual Southerner in the race.

Random and Player Consecuence Events:

Schmitz denounced by GOP Leaders, Expulsion or Primary Likely:

Despite receiving strong support from John Birch Society members and other prominent far-right figures, Congressman John Schmitz’s bombastic rhetoric has won him the condemnation of many prominent Republicans (including conservatives) over his feud with President Nixon and his extremist views of race. Many have called for Schmitz to be primaries, and there is talk at the Republican National Committee to have him expelled from the party. The few bright spots for Congressman Schmitz from his proposal on English as the national language, which won at least some acceptance on non-hostile conservatives.

Manchester Union Leader blasts Gravel over Washington Papers!

Although he received a rapturous welcome from anti-war voters in his first New Hampshire visits, Senator Mike Gravel has suffered a setback among more moderate voters following a series of harsh attacks by the conservative Manchester Union Leader. Some of the editorials have barely stopped short of charging Gravel with treason over his publishing of the papers on the Congressional Record in 1971, one quoting that “A Gravel victory in New Hampshire could only mean the doom of the Democratic Party at the hands of an unstable and unreliable radical.”

Goldwater finds cold welcome in Iowa:

While Congressman Barry Goldwater Jr. had a strong start in his unlikely challenge to President Nixon, his seemingly pro-peace stance on Vietnam has brought the condemnation of local Iowa GOP officers, who were expecting a conservative challenger to Nixon to take the hawkish stance to end the war. The situation grew worse during a visit to Des Moines, where several groups of voters booed Goldwater Jr. after his stump speeches.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2015, 07:08:02 PM »

Man, that took time to write.

I am traveling ,so my announcement will be in turn 2 or 3.

Noted, no worries!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2015, 07:13:33 PM »

May we get polls for Iowa, Arizona, and New Hampshire on both sides?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2015, 07:19:20 PM »

Candidate Data

Notoriety = N, Organization = O, Finance = F

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2015, 07:22:09 PM »

May we get polls for Iowa, Arizona, and New Hampshire on both sides?

Sure. But of course, 1972 Polling was very unreliable, so don't trust the results as truly accurate, they will give more of a general idea.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2015, 07:39:16 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2015, 06:32:41 PM by Classic Conservative »

Scmitz for President '72 Campaign
Campaign Schudele Week of January 9-15th, 1972

January 9, 1972

9:00- Meeting with families of killed victims in Baton Rogue, Louisana
11:00- Speech in front of the State Capitol Building about the attacks
    "You know, last week everybody called me foolish and dismissed my claims that their are problems with race happening in the South. But, look these Black folk are armed and dangerous they killed 4 people with no intent. This, is a national tragedy and they should be tried accordingly and be sentenced to death by guillotine."
1:00- Meet and greet at Kentucky Fried Chicken in New Orleans, Louisana
3:00- Fundraiser at Brennan's Resturant in New Orleans.
5:00- Town Hall in Monroe, Louisana
7:00- Town Hall in Shrevport, Louisiana

January 10, 1972

10:00 AM- "Gold Standard is the Right Choice for America" Rally in Louisville, Kentucky joined by Cleon Skousen, Thomas Anderson and John Birch Society Leaders.
1:00 PM- Meet and Greet in Pulaski County, Kentucky
2:00 PM- Town Hall in Frankfort, Kentucky
4:00 PM- Meeting with Harlan Sanders at Kentucky Fried Chicken HQ
6:00 PM- Rally in Covington, Kentucky
8:00 PM- Fundraiser in Bowling Green, Kentucky

January 11, 1972
8:00 AM- Rally with KKK Leaders and Supporters in Northern Alabama
  "You know what, I'm sick and tired of people not listening when I say that they are going to destroy our way of life and kill our families. No one listened especially Furher Nixon and Provost Wallace and Chairman Muskie. But no everything is rainbows and unicorns, and then 4 Americans are dead."
9:30 AM- Town Hall in Southaven, Mississippi
12:00- Rally in Clarksdale, Mississippi

4:00- Rally in Birmingham, Alabama
  "I just learned something a few days ago that most of probably didn't know, they in the black and communist supporting media, say we can't win the south beacuse of Provost Wallace, but you know what back when Provost Wallace first ran he said he was anti-segregation he actually received the endorsement of The NAACP , a pro-black organization."
7:00- Opening Alabama State Headquarters with Alabama State Director and AIP Alabama Party Director Joseph McDoughnual*.
9:00- Fundraiser in Biloxi, Mississippi

January 12, 1972

8:00 AM- Meeting with John Wayne
10:00 AM- Meeting with Governor Ronald Reagan and First Lady Nancy Reagan

12:00- Rally in Long Beach, Califronia
1:00- Town Hall in Los Angeles, California
3:00- Visit to California AIP Headquarters in Sacramento
5:00- Fundraiser at Redwoods Forest Resturant
7:00- Meet and Great at Richards Nixons Neighbors House in Santa Ana.

January 13, 1972

10:00 AM- Meeting with John Birch Society Leaders at HQ in Appleton, Wisconsin
12:00 Noon- Meet and Greet in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1:00- Meet and Greet in Green Bay, Wisconsin
3:00- Meeting with The Young Republican Club at University of Wisconsin- Madison
6:00- Rally in Madison, Wisconsin with The McCarthy Family and Cleon Skousen at Madison State University

9:00- Fundraiser at the Home of Mrs. Jean McCarthy

January 14, 1972

8:00 AM- Meet and Greet at Colonel's Pancake a House in Joplin Missouri

10:00 AM- Shooting with Contest Winners and Sheriffs from Texas and Missouri at Pioneer Gun Club in Holden Missouri
12 Noon- Town Hall at Pioneer Gun Club in Holden, Missouri about violence with blacks and 2nd Admendment Issues.
     "I am the most ardent supporter of the 2nd Admendment who's running for President. The 2nd Admendment clearly states that people can have in their possession any weapon whether it's a tank or machine gun. When I'm President the only law for guns in place is responsible people can have any type of arms they want."
2:00- Rally in Jefferson City, Missouri
5:00- Meet and Greet in Ferguson, Missouri
7:00- Rally in St Louis, Missouri
10:00- Fundraiser in St Louis, Missouri

January 15, 1972

Legislative Duties from 9-12 Noon
12:30- Press Confrence at Capitol Building
  "Today, I've come to a decision I've served the people of my district proudly for many years, but I want a different change of pace and that's why I'm running for President. I've decided that this will be my last term as U.S. Congressman, I've loved my job and the people that I've served if you still believe that my plan is the best for America please vote for me John G. Schmitz for President. Thank You and God Bless!"
4:00- Meet and Greet in Peabody, MA
5:00- Meet and Greet in Orange, MA
6:00- Rally in Sandwich, MA
9:00- Fundraiser in Nantucket, MA

Total Voters Meet: 67,892
Total Amount of Money Raised $230,678
Total Babies Kissed: 189
Many endorsements including one newspaper and a family of 34.

Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2015, 07:47:29 PM »

Businessman
Running in the First Five States

Voiceover: Howard Morgens is one of the most brilliant businessmen in America. As the leader of Procter & Gamble, Mr. Morgens has quadrupled the value of the company, put thousands of people to work, and put P&G on the map.

Morgens: My name is Howard Morgens and I'm running to be the Republican nominee for President of the United States. I believe we need a businessman in Washington who is going to balance the budget, grow the economy, and provide the leadership we need in troubled times. I hope I'll earn your vote

At The Table

Voiceover: Successful businessman Howard Morgens knows how to get a good deal done. As the leader of the all-American company Procter & Gamble, Morgens has quadrupled the size of the company, in part by being a good negotiator.

Different Voiceover: In achieving detente with the Soviet Union, President Nixon has given away the kitchen sink. Howard Morgens won't let the Reds off so easy.

Morgens: During my time in business, I've learned to push a hard bargain. I'm a candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States and I hope to have your support.

A Strong America

Morgens: Hello, I'm Howard Morgens, candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States. In the past ten years, our country has gone through various stages of unrest, pain, and division. At the heart of it all, I think the beliefs that drove many social movements is a belief in broadening the American Dream. I empathize with wanting to expand the American Dream to folks who've never had that kind of hope. However, the way to do that is not radicalism, liberalism, and judicial activism. The radicals, the bad actors, and the demonstrators aren't looking to relieve pain, because you can only find relief through a stronger economy, a strong belief in free enterprise, and a belief in America's greatness. I'm Howard Morgens, Republican candidate for President, and I would appreciate your support.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2015, 07:52:26 PM »

Early States, Tentative Polling:

Gallup: Republican Arizona Caucus:

Richard Nixon: 62%
Barry Goldwater Jr: 21%
Howard Morgens: 3%
John Ashbrook: 2%
Undecided: 12%

Gallup: Republican Iowa Caucus:

Richard Nixon: 66%
Barry Goldwater Jr: 11%
John Ashbrook: 7%
Howard Morgens: 5%
Undecided: 11%

Gallup: New Hampshire Republican Primary:

Richard Nixon: 63%
Howard Morgens: 8%
Barry Goldwater Jr: 7%
John Ashbrook: 5%
Undecided: 17%

Gallup: Democratic Arizona Caucus:

Ed Muskie: 32%
John Lindsay: 23%
George McGovern: 17%
Sam Yorty: 6%
Mike Gravel: 5%
Jimmy Carter: 4%
Eugene McCarthy: 1%
Shirley Chisholm: 1%
Undecided: 11%

Gallup: Democratic Iowa Caucus:

Uncommitted: 27%
Ed Muskie: 26%
George McGovern: 13%
John Lindsay: 9%
Eugene McCarthy: 7%
Jimmy Carter: 4%
Shirley Chisholm: 3%
Sam Yorty: 2%
Mike Gravel: 1%
Undecided: 8%

Gallup: Democratic New Hampshire Primary:

Ed Muskie: 39%
George McGovern: 16%
Sam Yorty: 8%
Eugene McCarthy: 8%
Mike Gravel: 7%
John Lindsay: 5%
Jimmy Carter: 3%
Shirley Chisholm: 1%
Undecided: 13%
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2015, 08:09:45 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2015, 03:01:09 PM by Classic Conservative »

ROUND 2: ENDORSEMENTS!!!

Schmitz's for President announced that these organizations and people have endorsed Congressman John G. Schmitz for President.

The McCarthy Family
Family of The Late Senator Joe McCarthy of Wisconsin.
Mrs Jean McCarthy spoke for the family saying "My children their families and I have decided to make the first endorsement since Joe died. The family decided that the best candidate to stand for what Joe stood for is Congressman John G. Schmitz."
The McCarthy family will barnstorm in Wisconsin

The Deseret News
News organization from Utah
  "Last week, Congressman Schmitz met with the Board of Directors and Editors of Deseret News and we decided unamiously that Congressman Schmitz puts forth the best vision for America by bringing us back to our founding principles, restoring honor in our government and bringing law and order back to the South. We urge all readers to vote for Congressman John G. Schmitz for President."
The Deseret News will publish this article to its 159,000 weekly viewers.

Carl Karcher
Founder of Carl's Jr. Restaurants
  "Congressman Schmitz has been my friend for decades, when he announced that he was running I was thrilled. Congressman Schmitz will bring back America to our founding principles by strenghing businesses, lowering taxes and creating new jobs. That's why I'm proud to support Congressman Schmitz for President."
Mr. Karcher will barnstorm across Califronia for Schmitz and talking to Carl's Jr. Employees about his candidacy.

Past Endorsements

General John K. Singlaub- Barnstorming at VFW's and American Legion's, in Virginia and North Carolina
Thomas J. Anderson- Barnstorming in Tennessee, Alabama and Mississippi
Cleon Skousen- Attending many rallies and barnstorming at Mormon Churches in Texas, Utah, New Mexico and Idaho
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies