Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:56:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 108419 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2015, 06:16:58 PM »

I will try to get my stuff out as fast as I can. As it stands I have some RL homework and stuff so I may get it out a bit late, but still by today!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2015, 09:08:07 PM »

Lumine, can I please get a little more time. I really want to get this out, but I am still working.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2015, 09:58:13 PM »

Lumine, can I please get a little more time. I really want to get this out, but I am still working.

Sorry, it's a lot more late here than it is there, and I do have to go to university tomorrow. Given the time it takes to calculate results the remaining time could be an hour at best, but that's it.
Have it up with-in the hour.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2015, 10:28:11 PM »

Campaign Schedule:  May 24th to June 6th, 1972

Tuesday, May 24: NEVADA
Las Vegas - Policy Speech on "Ending the War - NOW"
Carson City - Town Hall on "Abuses in Law and Order"
Sparks - Barnstorming on  "Good Jobs and Fair Wages - A Recipe for Success"

LAS VEGAS:  "Four years ago, America was angry over the ongoing war - now we're furious.  We were promised an end to this war with "secret plans" and "Vietnamization" - but we now see not only no end in sight, but an expansion to other countries.  We have had enough!"

Wednesday, May 25: NEVADA
Reno - Policy Speech on "Improving American Economy by Improving Work Safety"
Elko - Town Hall on "Civil Rights for All"
Virginia City - Town Hall on "The Need for Unions Today"

ELKO:  "The battle for civil rights and equality has been hard fought.  Too many have struggled for too long to now let this Administration erase the very progress we have made to guarantee civil rights for all of our most vulnerable."

Reno, NV

Thursday,  May 26: NEVADA
Henderson - Barnstorming on "We Need Transparency in Government"
Summerlin - Barnstorming on "Democracy Requires the Rule of Law"
Las Vegas -  Policy Speech on Final Speech to Campaign Volunteers

SUMMERLIN: "A democracy requires that all parties - all branches of government, all institutions, and all elected officials adhere to the very laws we have established;  this is the principle of "rule of law."  But we now have elected officials disregarding laws, judicial determinations, and our very constitution to promote its agenda."

Friday, May 27: NEW JERSEY
Newark - Policy Speech on ""Unions and Why We Must Protect Them"
Trenton - Policy Speech on "Civil Rights and Civil Liberties - The Basis of Our Democracy"
Cape May - Town Hall on "We Need Economic Justice Across the U.S."

NEWARK:  "Without the ability to have a seat at the bargaining table, workers' rights are not heard and, therefore, not protected.  We as a nation NEED the advocacy and voice provided by Unions today."

Trenton, NJ

Saturday, May 28: NEW JERSEY
Atlantic City - Policy Speech on "Workers' Rights are Essential Today"
Hoboken - Barnstorming on "Ending the Vietnam Debacle"
Princeton - Town Hall on "The Importance of our Democratic Process"

PRINCETON:  "America stands tall in its democratic heritage - but we have seen an erosion of our democratic under this Administration.  Now more than ever, with an ongoing war, compromised civil rights, and a lagging economy that fails to protect its workers, we need our Democracy back."

Sunday, May 29:  NEW JERSEY
Jersey City - Policy Speech on "Fair Pay for Fair Work"
Paterson - Barnstorming on "Education is a Foundation of our Democracy"
Newark - Final Speech to Campaign Volunteers

JERSEY CITY:  "America is a place where those who work hard and honestly deserve the right to safe condition, fair pay, and the opportunity to voice their concerns.  I believe that America is strongest when we protect those who are working for our nation;  for them, I will be a strong Champion."

Monday, May 30:  NEW MEXICO/WASHINGTON D.C.
Santa Fe - Policy Speech on "Rights For Native Peoples"
Albuquerque - Final Speech to Campaign Volunteers
Washington D.C. - Congressional Duties

SANTA FE:  "The battle for Civil Rights was hard won.  Generations of people were denied access to basic accommodations and rights. Now we find that governments, businesses, and individuals are finding ways to subvert the Civil Rights Act – to “go around” the act to continue discriminatory practices against Native Americans, Black Citizens, Women, and other groups who deserve equality under the law. We as a country cannot guarantee Civil Rights on the one hand, but then allow practices that contravene the very act that guarantees those rights."

Santa Fe, NM

Tuesday, May 31:  COLORADO/CALIFORNIA
Denver - Policy Speech on "Protect and Preserve our Environment"
Colorado Springs - Final Speech to Campaign Volunteers
San Francisco - Policy Speech on "Civil Rights - We Have Fought Too Long and Too Hard to Lose them Now"

COLORADO SPRINGS:  " First of all, I want to express my gratitude for your willingness to given your time and energies to this momentous journey of ours.  Whether we win or lose, tonight we take one more step in understanding the moral compass of our nation.  I would like to thank each for your for your work, your contributions, and your willingess to stand for your principles . . . so let's say it all together:  MCGOVERN FOR COLORADO!

Wednesday, Jun 1: CALIFORNIA
Los Angeles - Policy Speech on "Improving the Lives of our Young People:  Jobs not Draft"
Fresno - Barnstorming on "Ending the Abuses of Power with Governmental Transparency"
Sacremento - Barnstorming on "Policies that Promote Economic Justice"

FRESNO:  "A democracy cannot exist when any branch of government fails to adhere to the very laws we have established, fails to inform its electorate of its action, and simply fails.  Our elected officials have disregarded laws, judicial determinations, and our very constitution to promote its agenda.  They have simply forgotten they are public servants - failing to serve, and failing to make public their actions."

Thursday,  Jun 2:  CALIFORNIA
San Diego - Policy Speech on "Not One More Life Lost in Vietnam"
Long Beach - Barnstorming on "Civil Rights are Rights for All"
Oakland - Town Hall on "Ending Policy Brutality"

OAKLAND:  "Balancing the right to free speech and to peacefully assemble with the real needs to protect and provide order is always a challenge. But we as a society must always support and facilitate all freedoms of expression when done peacefully.  I can say without a doubt that if I have the opportunity to be your next President, we will institute protections against police violence, and brutality.

Oakland, CA

Friday, Jun 3:  CALIFORNIA
San Jose - Policy Speech on "The Link Between Civil Rights and Workers' Rights"
Bakersfield - Barnstorming on "Fair Pay, Safe Jobs, Economic Security"
Anaheim - Barnstorming on "Environmental Protection - For Our Children"

ANAHEIM:  "We, as a Nation, have experienced significant growth in industry over the course of this century;  but it has come at a cost.  Industry has heolped contribute to an environmental degredation - destroying our waterways, harming our soil and vegetation, and compromising human health as a result.  We MUST protect our environment - for ourselves and for our children."

Saturday, Jun 4: CALIFORNIA/SOUTH DAKOTA
Los Angeles - Policy Speech on "Safe Cities through Economic Justice"
San Francisco - Final Speech to Campaign Volunteers
Mitchell - Policy Speech at the Corn Palace on "Com Home, America" - Watch Final Results with Hometown Supporters

MITCHELL:  "Join me and together we will call America home to the ideals that nourished us from the beginning.  From secrecy and deception in high places; come home, America.  From military spending so wasteful that it weakens our nation; come home, America.  From the entrenchment of special privileges in tax favoritism; from the waste of idle lands to the joy of useful labor; from the prejudice based on race and sex; from the loneliness of the aging poor and the despair of the neglected sick — come home, America.  Come home to the affirmation that we have a dream. Come home to the conviction that we can move our country forward.  Come home to the belief that we can seek a newer world, and let us be joyful in that homecoming, for this "is your land, this land is my land — from California to New York island, from the redwood forest to the gulf stream waters — this land was made for you and me."

The Corn Palace, Mitchell, SD
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2015, 10:37:37 PM »

Endorsements -

James V. Tunney: As Senator From California, Tunney will be strongly campaigning for McGovern on the homefront.

Mike Mansfield: As Senate Majority Leader, Mansfield will be talking about the "Fight For Peace" in Vietnam all over California

Ernest McFarland: As Former Senator from the West, McFarland will be campaigning all over California

Gore Vidal: As a political activist and novelist, Vidal will be fighting for civil rights all over California

Sam Shapiro: Shapiro will talk to crowds about the needs of a governor, and how McGovern is best suited to the people of California.

Ralph Nader: As A political activist, Nader will be campaigning all over California.

Guy Gillette: Gillette will be campaigning all through California.

Gaylord Nelson: Nelson will be campaigning through town halls in California

Warren Beatty + Shirley McClaine: Beatty + McClaine will be campaigning for McGovern on the issues of our time, and how Hollywood will be represented by McGovern.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2015, 10:38:57 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2015, 10:47:24 PM by Speaker NeverAgain »

OOC: I wish all my fellow candidates good luck, and hope that we can continue to play such an enjoyable game! Also, I thank Lumine for his patience with me extending back. I know this is a lengthy process and I want to apologize for my tardiness in it.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2015, 12:01:12 AM »

Great job Lumine! Congrats to Spiral on your big win.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2015, 07:48:27 PM »

Will need an extension until tomorrow, possibly Tuesday.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2015, 08:55:24 PM »

Television Ad: Our Future

George McGovern Speaking -

I met this amazing couple down in Texas that, to me, exemplifies what our Democratic party can be.  This couple, Bill and Hillary Clinton, have a faith in our party - in our ideal - that inspire me.  With young people such as this - just think where our party will go!

Will Be Airing In:
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2015, 08:58:36 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2015, 09:04:35 PM by Speaker NeverAgain »

Monday, Jun 7:  NEW YORK
New York - Policy Speech on "Governmental Abuses are Remedied Only by Governmental Transparency"
Buffalo - Barnstorming
Yonkers - Town Hall

"I've heard a lot about Mayor Yorty saying how much he's going to fight . . . fight the establishment, fight a war, fight crime, fight party bosses, fight!  But the honorable Mayor seems to have mixed up "fighting FOR" an ideal with simply "fighting."  I've taken on my fair share of fights in my life - fight for country, fight for civil rights, fight for governmental transparency, and most importantly the fight for you.  Now there's a fight I want to take up . . . I will fight for you and the causes we hold dear every day - but simply fighting to fight, Mayor Yorty, to call the lesser loser a winner doesn't make him so."  

Tuesday, Jun 8: NEW YORK
Rochester - Policy Speech on "Workers' Rights ARE Civil Rights"
Syracuse - Barnstorming
Albany - Barnstorming

Wednesday, Jun 9:  NEW YORK
New York - Policy Speech on "End the War in Vietnam"
New Rochelle - Town Hall
Mount Vernon - Town Hall

"I have said it before, and it warrants saying again:  “I'm fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to die in.”  It doesn t require any particular bravery to stand here and urge our boys in Vietnam to fight harder and if this war mushrooms into a major conflict and a hundred thousand young Americans are killed it won t be Sam Yorty who dies to "fight communism." It will be American soldiers who are too young to even run for office.”

Thursday,  Jun 10:  NEW YORK
Syracuse - Policy Speech on "Quality Education for All"
Schenectady - Barnstorming
Utica - Barnstorming

Friday, Jun 11:  NEW YORK/DELAWARE
New York - Final Campaign Speech to Volunteers
Middletown - Town Hall
Smyrna - Barnstorming

"I must admit I get a bit of a chuckle when Mayor Yorty calls me a radical.  I am a moderate liberal who simply wishes to call America home to the principles that gave us birth - liberty, justice, equality, and protection."

Saturday, Jun 12: DELAWARE
Wilmington - Policy Speech on "Fair Pay for Fair Work"
Milford - Barnstorming
Seaford - Town Hall

Sunday, Jun 13:  DELAWARE
Dover - Policy Speech on "The Erosion of Our Democracy - What YOU Can Do!"
Georgetown - Barnstorming
Elsmere - Town Hall

"The highest patriotism is not a blind acceptance of official policy, but a love of one's country deep enough to call her to a higher standard.  We are calling her to a higher standard - and we need you to join us.”

Monday, Jun 14:  DELAWARE/WASHINGTON D.C.
Newark - Final Campaign Speech to Volunteers
New Castle -  Barnstorming
Washington D.C. - Congressional Duties                

Wednesday, Jun 15:  TEXAS
Houston - Policy Speech on "Support Unions to Protect Our Workers"
Arlington - Barnstorming
Corpus Christi - Barnstorming

"Mayor Yorty:  You have somehow become convinced that negative campaigning pays off in elections.  I, instead, think that we politicians should call our citizens to be more than, greater than anyone thought possible."

Thursday,  Jun 16:  TEXAS
Dallas - Policy Speech on "Pushing for Environmental Protection"
Plano - Barnstorming
Laredo - Barnstorming

"You have called me pro-acid - my actual comment was "I am fed up with a system which busts the pot smoker and lets the big dope racketeer go free."  I think that's a matter of equity, and I think the American people think so too.  Somehow, you hear that as "pro-acid"."

Friday, Jun 17:  TEXAS
Austin - Policy Speech on "Enforce our Hard-Won Civil Rights"
Lubbock - Barnstorming
Garland - Barnstorming

Saturday, Jun 18: TEXAS
Fort Worth - Policy Speech on "When Will The Last Soldier Die in Vietnam?"
Irving - Town Hall
Amarillo - Barnstorming

Sunday, Jun 19:  TEXAS
El Paso - Policy Speech on "The Need for Law and Order - NOW"
Grand Prarie - Barnstorming
Brownsville - Town Hall

"Well, I suppose Mayor Yorty is accurate when he says that he has been talking about CRIME . . . but that's because I have chosen to talk about the need for law and order.  You see, Mayor Yorty talks about the PROBLEMS he sees, while I talk about the SOLUTIONS I see.  It takes very little to complain or gripe about a problem - it takes a lot more to identify a solution and stand your ground.  I have done that and I will continue to do that.  We are a country in which the rule of law is paramount, and in which law and order must prevail."

Monday, Jun 20:  TEXAS
Houston - Final Campaign Speech to Volunteers
McKinney - Barnstorming
Pasadena - Town Hall

"Politics is an act of faith; you have to show some kind of confidence in the intellectual and moral capacity of the public - I do!  Do you, Mayor Yorty?"

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2015, 09:00:19 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2015, 09:03:51 PM by Speaker NeverAgain »

Endorsements -

James V. Tunney: As Senator From California, Tunney will be strongly campaigning for McGovern in Texas.

Mike Mansfield: As Senate Majority Leader, Mansfield will be talking about the "Fight For Peace" in Vietnam all over New York.

Ernest McFarland: As Former Senator from the West, McFarland will be campaigning all over New York

Gore Vidal: As a political activist and novelist, Vidal will be fighting for civil rights all over New York.

Sam Shapiro: Shapiro will talk to crowds about the needs of a governor, and how McGovern is best suited to the people of New York.

Ralph Nader: As A political activist, Nader will be campaigning all over Texas.

Guy Gillette: Gillette will be campaigning all through Texas.

Gaylord Nelson: Nelson will be campaigning through town halls in Texas

Warren Beatty + Shirley McClaine: Beatty + McClaine will be campaigning for McGovern in Texas.

Elbert N. Carvel: Governor Carvel will be campaigning in his home state of Delaware.

Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan: Mrs. Friedan + Mrs. Steinem are campaigning all around New York

Shirley Chisholm: Rep. Chisholm will be campaigning in her home territory of NY

Eugene McCarthy: McCarthy will be speaking to rural and urban voters in TX
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2015, 09:16:34 PM »

Well, I think that's it. Very good work, gentlemen, results will be in shortly.

After that... the DNC begins tonight as well!
Wishing all my fellow candidates luck and well wishes. Let's take down Nixon! (No Offense Dar!) Also thanks for all you do Lumine.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2015, 09:19:45 PM »

Yeah, thanks for everything, Lumine. This primary season has been one hell of a ride!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2015, 06:21:27 PM »

Technically three hours left, but the results are ready now. Thus I ask the players, should I just release?
I would still enjoy posting.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2015, 09:11:57 PM »

Shirley Chisholm Nominating Speech For McGovern:

"My fellow Democrats, I stand before you today to nominate for President a colleague, a friend, a champion for us all:  Senator George McGovern.  No one has been as consistent in his opposition to this atrocious war as Senator McGovern.  I have vowed to vote against any defense appropriation bill until the time comes when our values and priorities have been turned right–side up again.  Senator McGovern has been as stalwart in his opposition to the War.

We Americans have a chance to become someday a nation in which all racial stocks and classes can exist in their own selfhoods, but meet on a basis of respect and equality and live together, socially, economically, and politically.  In the end, anti-black, anti-female, and all forms of discrimination are equivalent to the same thing -- anti-humanism.  Senator McGovern has consistently stood for Civil Rights in their fullest sense.

I don't measure America by its achievement but by its potential.  Our potential is great . . .but you don't make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas.  Senator McGovern has implemented ideas that are near and dear to my soul – to our country.

The one thing you’ve got going: your one vote.  Vote for Senator McGovern."
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2015, 04:07:40 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2015, 04:48:20 PM by Speaker NeverAgain »

McGovern Press Conference -

"First, I would like to congratulate Mo Udall on his years of service to this country as he departs this race.  And from what I hear, I suppose I should also congratulate him on his VP bid with Sam Yorty.  His recent change of heart from his previous endorsement of me to now endorsing Sam Yorty in no way changes my respect for his past service.  It does, however, raise the spectrum of motive behind his alliance with Sam Yorty - particularly as the Congressman calls for party unity.  There are few people that have preached unity less than Sam Yorty."

"As for the claims of extremism that Congressman Udall and Mayor Yorty have made against me:  it is impossible for me to see how a platform that is endorsed and supported by the majority of Americans can be described as "extreme" . . . if it's extreme to want to end the slaughter in Vietnam, if it's extreme to want equal rights for all, if it's extreme to want fair pay for fair work, then by all means call me an extremist, but also call me an American, because these are the American ideals."

"I have heard pundits criticize me for not being negative toward my fellow candidates.  Will we Democrats never learn?  Spreading rumors, unfairly attacking candidates, these are tactics right out of the Republican playbook.  The American people want to hear about issues and solutions, they want to know what we're going to do to help them . . . they don't want to hear squabbling about minutia that doesn't impact their lives.  I don't run negative campaigns - America is about hope, and so is my campaign."

"I have been asked by both Senator Muskie and Senator Harris for my endorsement.  Perhaps they have not heard:  I too am running for President.  I respect both of them enormously, but am focusing on my own campaign."

"Tonight we were engaged in the 4th ballot of our National Convention.  You are being asked to vote in this crucial decision.  There has been much discussion of electability.  As people discuss electability, they forget that anyone who represents the ideals and issues of the American people is by definition electable.  A point or 2 in a poll does not define electable.  The American people want to elect someone who knows and understands their issue, someone who believes in them and their moral capacity, someone who will fight FOR them.  I believe that someone is me, and I am asking for your vote tonight and next November."

"God Bless America!  God Bless this Convention!  and God Bless all those whose lives are in harm's way in service to this Nation!"
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2015, 06:31:04 PM »

McGovern Concedes -

I have just sent a telegram to Senator Muskie, congratulating him on a fine campaign and promising him my full endorsement for President of the United States!  I let him know that I hope in the next four years he will lead us to a time of peace abroad and justice at home.  He has my full support in all such efforts.

It hurts all of us in this auditorium as well as many others across the country to have to withdraw from such an important enterprise' but rather than shedding any tears tonight, we instead focus on the great joy this campaign has brought us over the past two years.

There can be no question that we have pushed this country in the direction of peace, and I think each one of us loves the title of peacemaker more than any office in the land.  We will press on with that effort until the bloodshed and all the sorrow have ended once and for all.

Cries of sorrow flow from the crowd -

I know I speak for us all when I say that we love this country and will continue to beckon it to a higher standard.  So I ask you to stand with your convictions.  I ask you not to despair of the political process of this country, because that process has yielded too much valuable improvement in these past two years.  The Democratic party will be a better party because of the reforms that we have carried out.  The nation will be better because we never once gave up the long battle to renew its oldest ideals and to redirect its current energies along more humane and hopeful paths.

I thank each and every one of you for your hard work, your ideals, and - most importantly - your faith in me.  I am a better person for having worked with each of you and consider myself among the luckiest men in the world.  Thank you - and God Bless America!

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2015, 10:09:55 PM »

McGovern Congratulates Muskie

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Senator Muskie on his nomination as our party's nominee for President! He has run an effective campaign and remained stalwart in his convictions. I hope in the next four years he will lead us to a time of peace abroad and justice at home.  He has my full support in all such efforts. Again many congratulations, and let's take back the White House!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2015, 07:36:24 PM »

Oh dear!

I do hope you get better soon Lumine; my thoughts are with you. Feel no rush to update the timeline, your health is the first priority.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2016, 01:55:27 AM »

Wonderful job! Glad to join YPestis in this adventure.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2016, 06:52:38 PM »

Is this still due tonight? I can certainly get everything in on time if you need me to but I haven't seen anything from YPestis or NeverAgain yet...
YPestis just posted, and I am getting ready for such soon.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2016, 08:49:21 PM »

Bayh Campaign Schedule, Sep. 1st - 7th

Friday, Sep 1:  KENTUCKY
Louisville - Policy Speech on "Restoring Our Democracy"
Lexington - Rally with Supporters on "Crooks, Crime, and Cambodia. Why We Need Change."
Frankfort - Town Hall Speech
Bowling Green - Rally with KY Congressional Democrats

"Today we face so much disruption and corruption from our leaders in Washington, that's why I have always fought hard for the working people of Indiana just like a President Muskie will do for America."

Bowling Green, KY

Saturday, Sep. 2:  INDIANA
Indianapolis - Potluck with Constituents
Bloomington - Town Hall on "The Importance of Fairness to Democracy"
South Bend - Rally with Local Unions on "Labor Rights are Human Rights"

Sunday, Sep. 3:  INDIANA
Ft. Wayne - Attend Sunday Mass with Local Citizens
Evansville - Rally on "Save Our Kids in Vietnam"
Gary - Rally with Factory Workers on "Fair Wages for Fair Work!"
Lafayette - Meeting with Mothers of Soldiers over Seas

"Unlike others in the campaign who have flip-flopped, we have remained unwaivering in our call for fair wages for fair work and the need to end hostilities in Vietnam."

Ft. Wayne, IN

Monday, Sep 4: ILLINOIS
North Chicago - Policy Speech on "Combating Inflation and Unemployment"
South Chicago - Town Hall
Aurora - Barnstorming
Springfield - Testify before State Legislature on "No More War in Vietnam"

"We must continue to work to expand our economy, reduce unemployment, and promote basic economic fairness."

Tuesday, Sep 5: MISSOURI
Kansas City - Radio Interview on Kansas City Radio
St. Louis - Rally on "The Foreign Policy Debacle of this Administration:
Columbia - Rally on "Women's Rights - Pass the EPA!"
Joplin - Get Out the Vote Campaign

Wednesday, Sep 6: MICHIGAN
Ann Arbor - Policy Speech on "Jobs, Wages, Rights, and Dignity"
Flint - Rally on "Civil Rights Must Continue To Be Fought For" with Senator Muskie
Mackinaw City - Barnstorming
Detroit - Voter Registration and Meet + Greet

"It's time for us to achieve civil rights - rights for women, rights for minorities, rights for workers - NOW!"

Ann Arbor, MI

Thurday, Sep 7:  MICHIGAN
Detroit - Rally on "The Corruption in the White House must End"
Dearborn - Voter Registration and Meet + Greet
Ocean City - Barnstorming
Traverse City - Town Hall

"Our democracy is based on the rule of law - and that is entirely inconsistent with the governmental abuses and corruption that we are seeing now in this Administration."
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2016, 11:09:57 PM »

Wow I just found this in an alternate history post from 2010. http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=177359

Nixon/Agnew vs. Muskie/Bayh.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2016, 11:43:43 PM »

Muskie/Bayh Campaign Ad #3

Nixon.
Yorty.

Can we really trust these candidates to lead our country?  Both Nixon and Yorty support sending more troops to Vietnam despite the obvious futility.  Both Nixon and Yorty want to dismantle the social policies and programs that help lift Americans out of poverty and that support our workers.  Both Nixon and Yorty flout rule of law and our democratic principles.  We don't need candidates that will ultimately take us down this destructive path.

We need proven leadership that will help our nation right its course. We need Senator Edmund Muskie as President!

This Ad will play in:
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2016, 07:11:00 PM »

Just letting you know, ClassicConservative, four states in a single day is too much, I tend to consider just one per day (two tops, depending on the proximity).
May we get an extension until tomorrow afternoon. I have had a schoolwork filled weekend. I apologize for the delay, I hope I can focus on this more as school slows.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies