Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:44:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 51
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 107427 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2015, 08:14:55 PM »

Chisholm Picks Up Congressional Black Caucus Endorsement!

January 10
All members of the Congressional Black Caucus issued a joint endorsement today of Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm for President of the United States.  Founded two years ago, with Chisholm as a founding member, the CBC stated that:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ms. Chisholm welcomed the CBC's endorsement and will be seeking to jointly campaign with their members in their respective states.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2015, 08:16:52 PM »

New Endorsements for Carter 72'

Former Atlanta Mayor Ivan Allen Jr. (D-GA) (Allen will fundraise in Atlanta and Washington D.C this turn)

Congressman Richard Fulton (D-TN) (Fulton will campaign in Florida, and fundraise in Nashville, Knoxville and Memphis this turn)

Congressman Brock Adams (D-WA) (Adams will campaign in New Hampshire and Illinois, plus fundraise in Chicago and Seattle this turn)

Former Labor Secretary/UN Ambassador and Supreme Court Justice Arthur Goldberg (Goldberg will fundraise in the New York City Metro Area, plus write an op-ed endorsing Carter for the New York Times)
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2015, 08:21:11 PM »

Morgens for America

January 9th
     -Filing for the New Hampshire Primary
     -Barnstorming in New Hampshire
     -Foreign policy speech on the steps of the State Capitol

Excerpt from Speech:

"I do not believe that President Nixon pushes the Soviets enough. His pursuit of detente, his desire for peace with America's enemies has blinded him to the incredible reliance the Soviet Union has on the United States. The Russians need us to keep from starving. As President, I will not accept any sort of arms reduction or arms freeze that does not eliminate the Soviet advantage among nuclear weapons.

I support a program that will protect farm incomes while putting pressure on the Soviets and expanding our global influence. Food is a valuable commodity across the globe. I support the federal government stepping up purchases of American grain and other food products, typically bound for the Soviet Union, and using it to feed the Third World, strengthen our alliances, and weaken the Soviet Union."

January 10th
     -Barnstorming in New Hampshire
     -Townhall in Concord

Excerpt from townhall answer on Vietnam:

"Look, I absolutely respect the President as Commander-in-Chief and I readily accept that he might have some sort of intelligence that I don't have. However, I think it's hard for anyone to say President Nixon has handled Vietnam particularly well. My personal opinion on this is clear: we need to know why we're in Vietnam. I believe Vietnam is a necessary fight to have against communism.

I believe the Korean War is an effective model when it comes to our current conflict. Today, one Korea is prosperous and the other is a Communist wasteland. We must strengthen South Vietnam, build its infrastructure and economy as well as its military, and we must take sweeping conventional measures to weaken the Communists in the region.

Let's show them the greatness of the American way and let us stop the forces of tyranny in their tracks. Communicating with China could be an important step in reaching a Korea-like consensus in Vietnam. Our top priority, for me, is clear: a free South Vietnam,"

January 11th
     -File for the Florida Primary
     -Barnstorming in Tallahassee
     -Townhall in Tallahassee

January 12th
     -Barnstorming in Gainesville
     -Address to Gainesville Chamber of Commerce
     -Townhall in Gainesville

Excerpt from town hall answer on busing:

"I've got an ad running that talks about my support for making life better for people, and I think that is what advocates of busing want. But the truth of the matter is this: the solution to the African American quality of life problem isn't busing. The current economy harms black Americans even more than it does white Americans. How is a school supposed to be nice when a trip to the grocery eats up the whole family's paycheck and they can't afford to improve their community? I support laws that make sure business startup loans and home loans are made on completely financial grounds, not racial grounds. Busing does nothing to solve the fundamental problem and creates a lot of needless tension, it's all about the economy."

January 13th
     -Barnstorming in Miami
     -Citizens' Roundtable in Miami
     -Rally in Miami

January 14th
    -Campaigning with William F. Buckley in New Hampshire
    -Rally with Buckley in New Hampshire
    -Roundtable in Concord with Buckley
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2015, 08:38:50 PM »

Lindsay 72 Ad: A Fighter
Airing in New Hampshire, Iowa, Arizona

"I spoke out against the war 7 years ago because it was a senseless waste. On hot summer days, I walked the streets of New York because we couldn't surrender to violence. I cut pollution by 30% because our lives were on the line. I won some. I lost some. and I learned. Maybe it's time we had a President who knows how to fight, and what to fight for. That's why I want the job."

Narrator
"Lindsay hasn't had the luxury of just talking about our problems, he's been too busy fighting them."
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2015, 08:47:47 PM »

Morgens for America: Memo Jan. 10

The Morgens campaign has hired a New Hampshire-specific campaign staff to win the nation's highest profile primary.

The campaign has hired one permanent field worker for each of the state's counties and apportioned sufficient funding to have a paid precinct captain in every precinct in the state. The county directors are responsible for building the campaign infrastructure in each county and recruiting precinct captains that can persuade voters.

The Morgens campaign, benefiting from its enormous warchest, has established field offices in Manchester, Concord, Nashua, and Portsmouth. These offices will serve as ground zero for doorknocking, letter writing, and other on-the-ground campaign activities.

Additionally, a state campaign committee has been established for each of the four other First Five states to conduct the hiring and infrastructure building.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2015, 09:28:41 PM »

More Text From New Hampshire Foreign Policy Speech

"The most important job the Commander-in-Chief has is to protect and preserve freedom. Every day, the President, ought to wake up in the morning knowing in their heart that freedom is right and tyranny is wrong. This is the fundamental battle between freedom and communism.

The leader of the free world must know, with every fiber of their being, that freedom must be preserved. I believe that in our present struggle with communism, that conviction must come to the forefront. We must go to the negotiating table knowing what freedom does for people.

The free world, in contrast with communism, is near and dear to my heart. I was born a middle class kid in St. Louis, Missouri in 1910. My lifetime has seen victory in World War 1, the Roaring Twenties, the Great Depression, and the defeat of the Nazis in addition to the struggles we face in recent years. I do not come from an exceptionally privileged background. I was not born to royalty or left an enormous inheritance. I was a middle class kid from St. Louis who knew how to work hard and dream big.

I worked hard all through school. One thing led to another and I found myself a graduate of one of the greatest business school's in the country with a good job. Over the years, I kept working hard, but my big dreams were limited by the scope of my position. I knew our company could be more than it was. I knew it could be one of the greatest in America, and one of the greatest in the world.

After spending my entire adult life at Procter & Gamble, I became its CEO. During my time as CEO, I oversaw the introduction of many new household products, the largest investment in product development the company had ever made, the acquisition of the greatest coffee brand in the country, and an enormous expansion of the company overseas. Today, Proctor & Gamble is worth four times as much as it was when I became CEO.

All of that was done by a normal, middle class kid from St. Louis.

Now, I brought the press here today by promising them a foreign policy speech, and I'll give them one. However, my beliefs about the world cannot be separated from the life I've lived. My life is a testament to everything the Commander-in-Chief is supposed to defend. Where else in the world can a middle class kid from an average sized city take a company into the Fortune 500? Nowhere. That's your answer.

And that is exactly why freedom's victory over communism is so important to me.

Communism is the only ideology in the world that tells people they were simply born to die and they'll make life as easy on you as possible. At the end of the day, that promise boils down to "we'll make sure you don't starve." The Soviets despise faith. They despise family. They despise our way of life.

However, why is it then, that our farmers are the only way the Soviets can feed their people? The way of life they seek to destroy is what feeds them. They attempt to bite the hand that literally feeds them.

I do not believe that President Nixon pushes the Soviets enough. His pursuit of detente, his desire for peace with America's enemies has blinded him to the incredible reliance the Soviet Union has on the United States. The Russians need us to keep from starving. As President, I will not accept any sort of arms reduction or arms freeze that does not eliminate the Soviet advantage among nuclear weapons.

I support a program that will protect farm incomes while putting pressure on the Soviets and expanding our global influence. Food is a valuable commodity across the globe. I support the federal government stepping up purchases of American grain and other food products, typically bound for the Soviet Union, and using it to feed the Third World, strengthen our alliances, and weaken the Soviet Union.

The fruits of our freedom are so bountiful that they can be shared with the world while increasing our farmers' standard of living.

President Nixon pursues agreement for agreement's sake. He does not seek to negotiate in the interest of freedom or in the interests of America. He assumes that any sort of deal that opens dialogue with the communists is a good deal.

As I said, I believe that the Commander-in-Chief has a duty to preserve freedom. Any agreement, on any issue should serve the interests of the free world and seek to reveal the weakness of communism.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2015, 09:37:05 PM »

Romney endorses Morgens!
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2015, 10:21:32 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2015, 10:38:28 PM by YPestis25 »

Edmund Muskie Endorsers

Representative John Culver, Iowa 2nd
John Culver will hold a fundraiser in Des Moines.

Representative Neil Smith, Iowa 5th
Neil Smith will head up the soon to be announced Iowa campaign operations.

Representative Hugh Carey, NY 15th
Hugh Carey will hold a fundraiser in New York City.

Representative Peter Kyros, ME 1st
Peter Kyros will head up the soon to be announced New Hampshire campaign operations.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2015, 12:27:26 AM »

New Mike Gravel Endorsers!

Ambassador Sargent Shriver (D-MD)

"Mike Gravel is a Senator who stands for the people, and that's what we need. As former Director of the Peace Corps, I know what it takes to help our nation to the peace it deserves, and so does Senator Gravel."

Governor William A. Egan (D-AK)

"I know Mike Gravel. I knew him when he was in the State Legislature, and I know that he's not afraid to rub elites the wrong way in order to advance the cause of the people. We need a president who can do that, and I know Mike Gravel will be that president."

Ambassador Raul Hector Castro (D-AZ)

"I'm an immigrant to America. I moved here from Mexico, and needed to work my way to a job. Eventually, I became a lawyer, and then an ambassador. I understand the value of hard work, and I understand the American dream. So does Mike Gravel."
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2015, 02:38:25 AM »

MAJOR SPEECH FROM MAYOR SAM YORTY: BRINGING BACK LAW AND ORDER

Mayor Sam Yorty made the following remarks during a stop in Manchester, New Hampshire, billed as a major policy speech:

Good afternoon, everyone. Please have a seat.

The news that we all heard from Baton Rouge last night has sent shock waves throughout the country. It is a painful reminder that despite a pledge to turn the page on the chaos that engulfed the last decade, this new decade seems all too familiar to Americans. Nothing substantive has really changed from 1968 to 1972. As some personal experience, I have had to directly deal with similar riots in my own city of Los Angeles. Back in 1965, the Watts neighborhood in L.A. blew up for a week, and what came from all of the rioting? Lost lives, plenty more injured, and tons of destroyed businesses. You can be damn sure that not a positive thing came out of that deliquency, and we have seen this same story play out over and over again in recent years.

I won't mince words: If you're like me, you're angry as hell right now. What can be done of it, though? I've got an answer for you: backbone. For far too long many of our leaders in government have been too permissive toward social unrest. Where is the outrage coming from them? A real leader would step up to the occasion and defend ordinary people from the hooligans parading around in the street. There should be no friction between the federal government and the states when it comes to handling incidents like these, and as president I would swiftly act to improve communication and significantly increase funding for law enforcement. There should be no reason why officers across the country are deprived of resources and why citizens can't feel safe walking on their own streets.

A real leader would also acknowledge a very painful fact, and that is this: our great nation has been increasingly splitting apart into different factions. Many of our younger folks have become radicalized by these social movements that have upended society. They come out as agitators, doing nothing but harm to our communities. Just look at who initiated these latest riots. The Black Liberation Army, the Black Panthers, and all of the other radicals of their kind are nothing but terrorists hellbent on destroying civilization as we know it. They are declaring a war on the United States of America, and if it's a war that they want, then we should come right back at them with everything we've got. No sympathy for these thugs, only punishment.

Unfortunately, not many of the candidates for President are running on this message. Many of them are dancing around the issue and offering nothing new to the table, maybe only providing the occasional lip service. In fact, some of the candidates downright frighten me with how they might deal with social unrest. Can you imagine a George McGovern, Eugene McCarthy, or Mike Gravel effectively handling widespread national violence? There is very little room for error and no room for weakness when you are the President of the United States. When you have ideologues with guns and opportunistic looters collaborating to destroy order, a real leader would clamp down on all criminal activities and seek to restore stability.

Law and order might be the defining issue of our times. If we cannot control the situation within our own borders, how can we claim any authority as a world leader? For this reason, I am offering a challenge to President Nixon and my fellow Democrats: show that you mean it when you condemn riots such as this one. Are you willing to do what is necessary to bring about peace again, or will you remain wishy-washy and let the violence persist for years to come? I hope that all of the candidates will stand with the American people and I when we say, "End the madness now."

Thank you.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2015, 07:48:45 AM »

Carter is the best pick in 72

By Arthur Goldberg

Having resigned from the Johnson Administration and the Supreme Court to oppose the Vietnam War, and having seen a candidate who has promised "peace with honor" deliver us neither peace nor honor as President, It's time for a changing of the guard.

I'm endorsing Governor Carter because he opposes the war, supports detente with China and the Soviet Union, and will move to mend racial relations in this country, not divide us further.

I'm also endorsing Governor Carter because his minimal political experience makes him the best candidate to stand up to President Nixon's dirty tricks...we know they exist, just ask just Helen Gaghan Douglas, or opponents of other Nixon campaigns other the years. He can fight back because he has nothing to hide, and he can win with your support.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2015, 09:04:12 AM »

Can we have general election polling please.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »

Campaign Schedule:  January 9, 1972 - January 15, 1972

Sunday, Jan 9:  ARIZONA
Tucson - Centennial Hall:  Rally with US Rep. Mo Udall on "Environmental Conservation"
White Mountain Apache Reservation - Tribal Cultural Center:  Rally on "Native Americans and Civil Rights"

Monday, Jan 10:  CALIFORNIA, IOWA
San Francisco - The Fillmore: Rally with US Sen. James Tunney on "Growing the Peace Movement"
Des Moines - Drake University:  Speech on "Jobs, Unions, and Workers' Rights"

The Filmore

Tuesday,  Jan 11:  IOWA
Grinnell - Grinnell College:  Lecture on "Promoting Peace through Education"
Marshalltown - Marshalltown Community College:  Town Hall

Wednesday, Jan 12:  NEW HAMPSHIRE
Nashua - Public Appearance at Daniel Webster College on "Our Changing Economy"
Hanover  - Town Hall at Dartmouth University

Dartmouth College

Thursday, Jan 13: NEW HAMPSHIRE
Manchester - Meeting with Local Union leaders
Concord - NH State House: Rally on "Improving the Lives of Working Families"
                - Eagle Hotel: Dinner and Speech on "The Ravages of the War"

Friday, Jan 14:  WASHINGTON, DC
U.S. Senate - Congressional duties

Saturday, Jan 15: MASSACHUSETTS
Rad/Lib Caucus - Participate
McGovern speaking to the Rad/Lid Caucus in MA

Quote from: Restricted

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2015, 03:26:47 PM »

Surrogates

Representative Morris Udall of AZ
Morris Udall will be barnstorming in Arizona for the next week.

Senator John V. Tunney of CA
John Tunney will be travelling around in CA boosting the McGovern campaign.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2015, 04:29:16 PM »

McCarthy Schedule - Week 2

January 9th

- Fundraiser in Portsmouth, NH
- Fly to FL
- Barnstorm in Jacksonville, FL

January 10th

- File for FL Primary
- Barnstorm in Tampa, FL
- Town Hall in Orlando, FL
- Fundraiser in Miami, FL

January 11th

- Fundraiser in St. Petersburg,FL
- Town Hall in Tallahassee, FL
- Barnstorm in Gainesville, FL
- Barnstorm in Hollywood, FL

January 12th

- Fly to Iowa
- Barnstorm in Ames, IA
- Barnstorm in Iowa City, IA

January 13th

- Town Hall in Atlantic, IA
- Barnstorm in Grimes, IA
- Barnstorm in Waterloo, IA
- Fundraiser in West Des Moines, IA

January 14th

- Barnstorm in Sioux City, IA
- Barnstorm in Council Bluffs, IA
- Fly to Massachusetts

January 15th

- Speak at Massachusetts Rad/Lib Caucus

" My friends, the military operations of this country are despicable. I am of the belief that unless America itself is attacked or another country declares war on us, we do not go to war. The affairs of other countries are quite frankly none of our business. Who cares if their government ideology does not agree with that preferred by the people of America? They have their sovereignty and that is their decision to make. I hate communism, just like every good american does. But it's simply not our job to make government choices for other countries, and we can't afford to do so anyways.

Unfortunately, under President Nixon, we've seen the exact opposite. We have dragged our feet slower than a snail in terms of getting out of Vietnam. We have bombed nearby countries that we disapprove of the policies of. We have gone on a crusade around the world in an attempt to institute democracy in countries that do not have one. This is not what the founders envisioned. This is not what our military was originally intended to do. It's just an idiotic extension of our military force from big spenders on both sides of the aisle.

As President, I would withdraw all remaining troops from Vietnam and the surrounding countries within 30 days of being inaugrated. I would issue a worldwide apology for the unethical military actions that our nation has taken in recent years. I would make our military presence around the world as light as possible. And our military would become solely a defensive force, as it was intended to be and as it should be."
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2015, 05:47:50 PM »

Carter for President-Turn Two

January 9, 1972

Speech at Southern University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I know it must be truly frustrating to have been discriminated against for most of recorded history, to have hope of a change, and then to see that hope taken away. It may make you want to riot and throw stones at people, but that's only reinforcing the negative stereotypes others have of you and your culture. Dr. King had the right idea. With, and only with, non-violent resistance can we change the prevailing stereotypes in our racial culture. Only without violence can we enact change, and bring equality to all who ask for it, Black, White or Latino, regardless of sexual identity or religious belief, and regardless of age or gender... America can do it, but it doesn't need to turn the streets into a battlezone to do so.

Meet Voters in Crescent City, Florida

Meet Voters in Palatka, Florida

Meet Voters in Palm Coast, Florida

Meet Voters in Flagler Beach, Florida (With David Gambrell)

January 10, 1972

Meet Voters in New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Meet Voters in Edgewater, Florida

Meet Voters in Lake Havasu City, Arizona

Meet Voters in Williams, Arizona

January 11, 1972

Speech at the Lowell Observatory, Flagstaff, Arizona

President Nixon has set our goals lower by putting the Space Shuttle ahead of landing a man on Mars. This is a country that prided itself on being the first to the Moon, being ahead it's time in many other scientific fields, and yet we're settling for only a Space Shuttle? Think of the discoveries we could make, the pride in our country we could earn, the ability we could continue to display to countries across the globe that we are unmatched in scientific prowess.

Meet Voters in Gila Bend, Arizona

Meet Voters in Coolidge, Arizona

January 12, 1972

Meet Voters in Braidwood, Illinois

Meet Voters in St. Charles, Illinois

Meet Voters in Merrimack, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Hollis, New Hampshire

January 13, 1972

Series of Phone Meetings with Home State legislators, from Antrim, New Hampshire

Meet Voters/Fundraisers in Nashua, New Hampshire

January 14, 1972

Meet Voters in Grimes, Iowa

Speech at Des Moines Ice Arena, Urbandale, Iowa

Sports plays a role in how we see the world....otherwise we wouldn't have had baseball during World War II. So I salute our ping-pong stars who went to China to take on the diplomatic endeavors, and I hope that the Olympics this year, and the sporting world in future years provides opportunities to extend the hand of friendship to all who wish to accept it, from Georges Pompidou and Harold Wilson to Golda Meir and Leonid Brezhnev.

Meet Voters in Canterbury, New Hampshire

January 15, 1972

Meet Voters in Dracut, Massachusetts

Meet Voters in Ayer, Massachusetts

Speech at Massachusetts Rad/Lib Convention

Certainly some of the wars we've been involved in throughout our almost 200 year history have been just, and rightly fought...but our fighting in Vietnam is none of those things! We've lost precious blood and treasure to a country that can't even defend itself, and people still expect us to soldier on!!! As President, I will recognize Vietnam's government, as the Government of the North, have our troops out within 90 days, and stop the madness. "Peace with Honor" is a fabrication, if no one is behaving honorably, and that is what is happening here!!!

Meet Voters in Hooksett, New Hampshire
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2015, 08:31:17 PM »

Right, a few notes.

First, endorsements are limited to three or four per turn and I tend to make research to secure they are somehwat (emphasis there) realistic, so I would ask for players to send limited requests so I can answer faster.

Second, I will not be doing weekly general election polling, as the situation is probably not going to change too dramatically and it takes significant time. GE polling will be monthly, General Primary polling weekly, and state polls will change depending on the week.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2015, 09:30:39 PM »

Right, a few notes.

First, endorsements are limited to three or four per turn and I tend to make research to secure they are somehwat (emphasis there) realistic, so I would ask for players to send limited requests so I can answer faster.

Second, I will not be doing weekly general election polling, as the situation is probably not going to change too dramatically and it takes significant time. GE polling will be monthly, General Primary polling weekly, and state polls will change depending on the week.
Seems fair. I just will point out that for our 2 (I guess one now) Independent players, it may be a bit tricky to see what works and what doesn't every turn. It may not be an issue to them, but just pointing it out.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2015, 09:33:57 PM »

Muskie Campaign Opens Offices in Iowa and New Hampshire

Muskie for America will be opening campaign offices in Des Moines, Sioux City, and Cedar Rapids, Iowa. They will work towards voter outreach, and beginning a grassroots effort to get out the vote.

Muskie for America will be opening additional campaign offices in Manchester, Concord, and Rochester, New Hampshire. They will follow the same plan as the above.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2015, 11:58:42 PM »

Mike Gravel, Turn 2

January 9th
Fly to Tucson, AZ
Barnstorming in Tucson, AZ with Raul Hector Castro
Barnstorming in Sierra Vista, AZ
Barnstorming in Yuma, AZ
Barnstorming in Lake Havasu City, AZ with William A. Egan

"I heard that not everyone is too fond of my actions regarding the papers in Washington. And that's fine. This isn't a beauty contest, this is part of my long term efforts to create a more transparent, democratic government. I'm not trying to please the media, or Washington elites. I'm here to serve the people. Now, do you agree with my actions to increase government transparency? [cheers] I thought so."

January 10th
Barnstorming in Flagstaff, AZ with Abraham Ribicoff
Barnstorming in Prescott, AZ
Barnstorming in Casa Grande, AZ
Fundraising in Phoenix, AZ

January 11th
Barnstorming in Mesa, AZ
Barnstorming in Chandler, AZ
Barnstorming in Glendale, AZ with Raul Hector Castro
Townhall in Scottsdale, AZ

"I'm saddened by the riots in Louisiana. Yes, we need to bring wrongdoers to justice, but we also need to find the roots of our problems, and solve those. We live in a time of turmoil in this nation, a time of division, and a time of anger. This is not the time for partisan politics, like we've seen under the current administration. This is a time for politics based on unity, equality, liberty, and hope for a better America. If I'm elected President, I will be committed to peace, both at home, and abroad."

January 12th
Fly to Orlando, FL
Barnstorming in Orlando, FL with Sargent Shriver
Barnstorming in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Fundraising in Miami, FL
Barnstorming in Miami, FL

January 13th
Fly to Manchester, NH
Barnstorming in Manchester, NH with Noam Chomsky
Barnstorming in Laconia, NH
Barnstorming in Conway, NH

January 14th
Barnstorming in Berlin, NH
Barnstorming in Lebanon, NH
Barnstorming in Claremont, NH
Barnstorming in Keene, NH with Sargent Shriver

"I've visited all 9 counties in New Hampshire, because I think that to be president, you need to talk to people all across the nation. I'm running a grassroots campaign, because the people are those who decide who gets to be president--not the donors, not the lobbyists, and not the current elected officials in Washington. Being president is about being the leader of all Americans--no matter the race, gender, religion, or political affiliation--and giving them the power over their own lives and their own government."

January 15th
Fundraising in Manchester, NH
Speech in Boston, MA for Massachusetts Rad/Lib Caucus:

"The war is a failure. All wars not necessary to defend America are failures. Wastes of money, and more importantly, wastes of lives.

"The foreign policy of this nation has been frankly disasterous. This is a war that we should never have gone to, and many details have been hidden from the American people who the government is elected by, and who it's their duty to serve. Of course communism isn't the way, but I believe that because it isn't the way, it will defeat itself--without our imperialistic military intervention!

"I'm a candidate that has consistently stood against our involvement in South Asia. I've helped lead the charge against this needless war, by leading the charge against the draft, and it was me who helped release the details of this war to the people who deserve to know.

"If I'm elected president, we will leave Vietnam! If I'm elected president, we will never go to war unless it's the only option left! War is not a political tool, and trying to end communism is not worth American lives!"
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2015, 12:34:56 AM »

McCarthy Organization

Campaign Offices for grassroots voter outreach will open in:

Des Moines, IA on January 12th.
Portsmouth, NH on January 12th.
Miami and Naples, FL on January 15th.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2015, 03:34:46 AM »

Sam Yorty Campaign Schedule: January 9-15

January 9
-Meet and Greet in San Manuel, AZ
-Meet and Greet in Holbrook, AZ
-Meet and Greet in Benson, AZ
-Meet and Greet in Vail, AZ
-Meet and Greet in Fort Mohave, AZ

January 10
-Town Hall in Anthem, AZ
-Town Hall in Rio Rico, AZ
-Town Hall in Eloy, AZ
-Opening of campaign office in Phoenix, AZ

VOTER: What would you do on the economy?

YORTY: Well, first of all, I'd take everything that Nixon did these last few years and throw it all in the trash. This president has been a total failure here, and God help us all if the next administration follows his footsteps. It's not the government that creates jobs and spurs growth, it's everyone in the marketplace. Taking drastic measures like price controls and confiscation of valuable belongings does not show effective leadership at all. Now, there are areas where we may provide a boost. Spending on our nation's infrastructure has been overlooked, and as president I would work to increase funding for construction and repair, for good-paying jobs come out of those opportunities. Above everything, I would practice fiscal responsibility for a change. That means no out-of-control spending and a pile of unsustainable debt on our backs. We've got to think about our children and grandchildren here and not make reckless decisions in the short term.

January 11
-Rally in Avondale, AZ
-Rally in Goodyear, AZ
-Rally in Mesa, AZ
-Fundraiser in Phoenix, AZ

This primary looks to be very crowded, folks. You'll get plenty of candidates coming your way these next few weeks, asking for your vote. Here at the Yorty campaign, we're taking things one step at a time. I may not be the most famous candidate or the one with the most money behind my name, but what I've got is a clear message for how we'll fix our problems. With your help, we can take this nomination and head all the way to the White House!

January 12
-Town Hall in Swanzey, NH
-Town Hall in Peterborough, NH
-Major Address in Manchester, NH

January 13
-Meet and Greet in Sunapee, NH
-Meet and Greet in Antrim, NH
-Meet and Greet in Chichester, NH
-Rally in Keene, NH
-Rally in Derry, NH

You know, it's pathetic how so little attention has been given to the Baton Rouge riot by most of the candidates so far. One might think that unrest would redirect their attention to back home, but I suppose not. Let me tell you something: I am running for President to speak the truth on these matters and to get something done rather than to just engage in empty rhetoric like all the professional politicians out there. If you want more destroyed communities, there are plenty of candidates to choose from. But if you want a return to order, I'm the guy to do the job.

January 14
-Rally in Merrimack, NH
-Rally in Hudson, NH
-Rally in Bedford, NH
-Fundraiser in Nashua, NH

January 15
-Meet and Greet in Milsum, NH
-Meet and Greet in Columbia, NH
-Meet and Greet in Cornish, NH
-Meet and Greet in Lancaster, NH
-Meet and Greet in Lee, NH

Campaign Activities

-Hiring more campaign staff in early primary states (Arizona, New Hampshire, Florida)
-Contacting grassroots Democratic organizations in early primary states and gauging support
-Voter outreach in early primary states and later high-delegate primaries (California, Illinois, Pennsylvania)
-Fundraising in major cities nationwide (Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia)
-Expanding mailing list nationwide, with focus on larger states
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2015, 03:44:26 AM »

Gravel for President New Grassroots Outreach Offices:

Offices will be open in:

Phoenix, AZ on January 9th.
Tucson, AZ on January 10th.
Flagstaff, AZ on January 10th.
Des Moines, IA on January 11th.
Orlando, FL on January 12th.
Miami, FL on January 12th.
Jacksonville, FL on January 13th.
Manchester, NH on January 13th.
Lebanon, NH on January 14th.
Dover, NH on January 14th.
Chicago, IL on January 15th.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2015, 03:49:17 AM »

TV Ad: End The Madness Now

[. . .]  If you're like me, you're angry as hell right now. [. . .]

[. . .] They are declaring a war on the United States of America, and if it's a war that they want, then we should come right back at them with everything we've got. [. . .]

[. . .] I hope that all of the candidates will stand with the American people and I when we say, "End the madness now."

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2015, 01:06:47 PM »

We still lack six or seven schedules, so this turn ends tomorrow in the afternoon.

Truly astounding work so far, gentlemen!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies