Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:25:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 51
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 108910 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: September 02, 2015, 07:47:42 PM »

When will the next round start?

#400threply
Lumine said that he had a big final today and is trying to do it tonight.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #401 on: September 02, 2015, 08:27:00 PM »

Yep. You see, I spent the past two days buried in textbooks as I prepared for a final exam on Early Medieval history (and god knows I'm traumatized with the amount of Germanic Kings and Roman/Byzantine Emperors to learn). I'm holding a valiant struggle now in an attempt to update, so it will be up soon.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #402 on: September 02, 2015, 08:49:35 PM »

Yep. You see, I spent the past two days buried in textbooks as I prepared for a final exam on Early Medieval history (and god knows I'm traumatized with the amount of Germanic Kings and Roman/Byzantine Emperors to learn). I'm holding a valiant struggle now in an attempt to update, so it will be up soon.

Basil the Bulgar Slayer for the win
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #403 on: September 02, 2015, 09:03:35 PM »

Basil the Bulgar Slayer for the win

One of my personal favourites, but this course didn't get that far. We essentially covered from Diocletian to the Iconoclast controversy in the East and Charlemagne in the West.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #404 on: September 02, 2015, 09:18:33 PM »

NBC News Special, March 21st, 1972:

Chancellor: Evening, gentlemen, I'm John Chancellor live from Chicago, where the results of the Illinois Primary will be released in a few moments. As you know, the Republican side saw little excitement as the Goldwater and Nixon camps did not file in for this primary, but the Democratic one was nothing short of explosive in many ways. A Florida win and the endorsement of powerful Mayor Richard Daley would have secured Lindsay a landslide in a different year, yet his fellow candidates saw it otherwise. Illinois was flooded in ads and speeches, a free for all in which Senators Harris and McCarthy held a spirited duel as Senator Muskie and Mayor Yorty pulled every trick possible to bring Lindsay and each other down, featuring a strong campaign against the increasingly unpopular Daley. A lot of momentum swings were reported through the past week, leaving many to wonder if Lindsay will survive the harsh criticism his campaign has found in the state.

With that said, let's look at the GOP results first:

Republican IL Primary:

Uncommitted: 59.69% (68)
WI: Richard Nixon: 30.01% (34)
WI: Barry Goldwater Jr: 10.23%

Chancellor: No shocks there, as the Goldwater campaign did not wage a write-in campaign yet President Nixon did after giving some strong speeches in Chicago, delivering him a decent portion of delegates yet leaving the rest to sit as an uncommitted delegation. We saw earlier turnout reports suggesting Nixon to have an even better performance, yet voters mentioned a recent "bizarre" ad by the Nixon campaign to be a reason for them not voting for the President. Let us move now to the Democrats, as I believe we have major news:

Democratic IL Primary:

John Lindsay: 23.06% (55)
Fred Harris: 20.49% (47)
Ed Muskie: 20.25% (47)
George McGovern: 16.08% (31)
Sam Yorty: 10.36%
Eugene McCarthy: 6.55%
Mike Gravel: 3.21%

Chancellor: According to our reporting team, it seems Muskie, Yorty and Lindsay all weakened themselves one way or another by launching their respective ad attacks, which drove their leads way down as the Daley machine could not cope with the ads and the massive GOTV operations led by the rest of the field, disrupting Lindsay's well thought plans. As Ed Muskie continues to live to fight another day by retaining his delegate lead, the real winner of the night is Senator Fred Harris, who was widely thought to have won his public feud with Senator McCarthy to emerge along with fourth place winner George McGovern as the least damaged candidates. Mayor Yorty also had a decent performance, but with a late effort, a low floor and heavy attacks from the rest of the field he could not win delegates as he probably hoped. This leaves current delegate numbers as follows:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #405 on: September 02, 2015, 09:43:14 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2015, 09:46:38 PM by Lumine »

Turn Nine: Winnowed In:
March 22nd to April 4th, 1972

In the News!

ERA Amendment approved by the Senate:
84-8 vote sends new amendment to the states, debate to begin right away

Eisenstadt v. Baird ruling by the Supreme Court
SCOTUS rules that unmarried persons had the same rights to contraceptive products as married persons do

Stormont suspended, Heath and Whitelaw to rule Northern Ireland
Prime Minister Faulkner dismissed, William Whitelaw made Sec. of State for Northern Ireland

North Vietnam launches new offensive!
More than 30,000 troops to invade Quang Tri in North Vietnam, is South Vietnam in danger?

1.- Wisconsin Primary, SC, MN and MO Caucuses: This contest will get rid of that pesky one state result per turn, and this two week turn will involve the results of four different states, a grand bargain of more than 200 delegates for the Democrats and about a 120 for the GOP. Mind you, primaries are easier to deal with in terms of campaiging, whereas Caucuses are more depending on the quality of efforts you make.

2.- Massachusetts/Pennsylvania Deadline: All players interested in contesting Massachusetts and Pennsylvania (April 25), do feel free to file-in, because this is the sole turn to allow for it.

Primary Polling

Gallup: Republican Primary:

Richard Nixon: 65% (-5)
Barry Goldwater Jr: 27% (-1)
Undecided: 9% (+6)

On one hand, Richard Nixon has proved to be a better candidate in 68' and his ground game has proved to be rather decent, allowing him to even clinch Illinois delegates on a write-in bid. On the other hand, he shot himself in the foot by running an ad that voters found "off-putting", essentially equating Democrats with war and nuclear weapons and Republicans with money. The Goldwater campaign has not been able to seize on this, but the President's numbers take a huge hit in national terms as people begin to consider an alternative.

Gallup: Democratic Primary:

John Lindsay: 26% (-2)
Ed Muskie: 18%
Sam Yorty: 16% (-1)
George McGovern: 15% (+1)
Fred Harris: 12% (+4)
Eugene McCarthy: 7%
Mike Gravel: 3% (-3)
Undecided: 3%

Sure as Lindsay's rise was, it fell down as his victory in Illinois proved to be unimpressive following a good deal of attacks via ads. Yorty is also facing some minor losses nationally, while surging as a potential southern favourite, and Gravel campaign is in literal free fall after two bad results and a failure to find a proper launchpad. The winner, of course, is Fred Harris, who won an excellent result in his first primary to reach fifth place in the polls as he has not been as damaged as other options. Whether this scenario will hold after the upcoming caucuses and primaries... well, that has to be seen.

Random and Player Consecuence Events:

Yorty on the rise in the South:

Despite a less than favourable performance in Illinois, Mayor Yorty faces signs of hope in the growing number of Souther Democrats joining his campaign to protest economic and social issues, believing the rest of the candidates to fail to represent them (with the exception of Harris). This has led to a growing number of volunteers appearing for Yorty in South Carolina, and many more in later states like Alabama and Mississippi.

Harris has fundraising surge:

Heavy expenses in Illinois will most likely be covered by the Harris campaign, as many crucial donors from the Midwest have signed on to his campaign following a very convincing performance in the latest contest. Further financial support is obviously depending on more success in the primary season, but the news are welcome for the Oklahoma Senator's campaign.

Lindsay challenged on party afiliation:

Attacks on the Lindsay campaign by Senator Ed Muskie seem to have stuck despite Mayor Lindsay's best attempts to address it, as several voters question the loyalties of their frontrunner given his change of parties over last years (which many voters do not know about). While not a serious wound, this does raise a series of questions to be answered and solved, as quickly as possible.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #406 on: September 02, 2015, 09:47:55 PM »

Primary Candidate Data

Notoriety = N, Organization = O, Finance = F

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #407 on: September 02, 2015, 09:52:33 PM »

On one hand, Richard Nixon has proved to be a better candidate in 68' and his ground game has proved to be rather decent, allowing him to even clinch Illinois delegates on a write-in bid. On the other hand, he shot himself in the foot by running an ad that voters found "off-putting", essentially equating Democrats with war and nuclear weapons and Republicans with money. The Goldwater campaign has not been able to seize on this, but the President's numbers take a huge hit in national terms as people begin to consider an alternative.

LOL

Anyway, do you have polls for SC, MN, MO, and WI?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #408 on: September 02, 2015, 09:54:56 PM »

Early States, Tentative Polling:

Gallup: Republican Wisconsin Primary:

Richard Nixon: 54% (-2)
Barry Goldwater Jr: 40% (+3)
Undecided: 6% (-1)

Gallup: Minnesota Republican Caucus:

Richard Nixon: 68% (-3)
Barry Goldwater Jr: 20% (-1)
Undecided: 12% (+4)

Gallup: Missouri Republican Caucus:

Richard Nixon: 56% (+1)
Barry Goldwater Jr: 37% (-1)
Undecided: 7 %

Gallup: South Carolina Republican Caucus:

Richard Nixon: 47% (+3)
Barry Goldwater Jr: 46%
Undecided: 7% (-3)

Gallup: Democratic Missouri Caucus:

Fred Harris: 33% (+3)
Ed Muskie: 17% (-1)
Sam Yorty: 17% (+2)
John Lindsay: 11% (-1)
George McGovern: 8% (+1)
Eugene McCarthy: 4% (+1)
Mike Gravel: 3% (-2)
Undecided: 7% (-3)

Gallup: Democratic Minnesota Caucus:

Eugene McCarthy: 36% (-1)
Ed Muskie: 15% (+1)
Fred Harris: 13% (+2)
John Lindsay: 10%
Mike Gravel: 8% (-2)
Sam Yorty: 5%
George McGovern: 4%
Undecided: 9%

Gallup: Democratic South Carolina Caucus:

Fred Harris: 21% (+2)
Sam Yorty: 20% (+2)
Uncommited: 19% (-2)
John Lindsay: 11% (+1)
George McGovern: 8%
Mike Gravel: 7% (-2)
Ed Muskie: 7%
Eugene McCarthy: 2%
Undecided: 5% (-1)

Gallup: Democratic Wisconsin Primary:

George McGovern: 33% (+5)
Fred Harris: 14% (+1)
Ed Muskie: 14% (-1)
John Lindsay: 13% (+1)
Eugene McCarthy: 11% (+4)
Sam Yorty: 9%
Undecided: 6% (-4)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #409 on: September 02, 2015, 10:00:52 PM »

Yay! I'm up in SC again. Smiley

Anyway, time for some heavy campaigning this week...

And a politically correct ad or two. Ech.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #410 on: September 02, 2015, 10:02:45 PM »

Yay! I'm up in SC again. Smiley

Anyway, time for some heavy campaigning this week...

And a politically correct ad or two. Ech.

Don't take it the wrong way, Dar, it's one of those subtle handicaps I devised for some candidates. Richard Nixon will always be held to a rather large and unfair standard by the press...
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #411 on: September 02, 2015, 10:12:46 PM »

May we see polls for Massachusetts and Pennsylvania? Also, how many delegates are up for Missouri? Wikipedia doesn't seem to have information on all states.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #412 on: September 02, 2015, 10:15:59 PM »

May we see polls for Massachusetts and Pennsylvania? Also, how many delegates are up for Missouri? Wikipedia doesn't seem to have information on all states.

Said polls would be rather experimental, but I can try. I did set up a list on the sign up thread on delegates:

Delegate Numbers:

YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #413 on: September 02, 2015, 10:26:59 PM »

Iconoclasm is fascinating. It's hard telling how much artwork was lost in the 8th and 9th centuries.

Muskie Speech on Illinois Results

Thank you Illinois! Thank you! Tonight was not only a victory for this campaign and its supporters, but for the Democratic Party. Tonight we showed the old machines can be beaten. Tonight we showed that your opinion, your decision, your vote, matters more than that of some old party boss. Tonight, we are once again proud to be Democrats. Now on to South Carolina, and on to Minnesota, and on to Missouri and Wisconsin, and on to Miami in July. Thank you and goodnight!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #414 on: September 02, 2015, 10:27:47 PM »

I checked the sign-up/rules thread before asking and I only saw a primary schedule with the dates included. Thanks, though!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #415 on: September 02, 2015, 10:57:52 PM »

Oh boy that map does not look good for me...
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #416 on: September 03, 2015, 01:33:05 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2015, 01:36:08 PM by vivaportugalhabs »

Fred Harris Speech on Illinois Results
"Today, we showed the establishment a new coalition. This is a coalition they're afraid of, because of the power it can hold. We pulled together farmers, union workers, Blacks, students, Yellow Dog Democrats, returning Vets, and more. What a fantastic result in Illinois and I'm so glad I got the chance to spend time in this wonderful state. I foresee vicious attacks from my opponents because they've witnessed the peoples' power in action, but we will fend them off. We will keep the ball rolling for the common man, from Missouri to Minnesota to South Carolina to Wisconsin!"

Random Stuff I Needed to fit in
-Winding down of operations at the Chicago HQ
-Followthrough contact with Harris volunteers and 'Students for Harris' groups
-Having Illinois volunteers call Missouri voters
-Hiring Rev. Jesse Jackson as the campaign's minority outreach director

CAMPAIGN MANAGER: "So what about now, Fred? We have the money, the volunteers and the energy!"
FRED HARRIS: "Full steam ahead, playing the right cards, fielding whatever gets thrown at us. Resources don't mean anything without application."
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #417 on: September 03, 2015, 07:27:03 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2015, 07:30:03 PM by Classic Conservative »

Round 9 Endorsements!!!

The following persons and individuals have endorsed Congressman John G. Schmitz for President.

J. Bracken Lee
Former Governor of Utah and Former Salt Lake City Mayor
  "I believe America is going down a horrible turn for the worse. Only one candidate can change our current path and that man is Congressman Schmitz. He has stood on every major issue that he could and I'm proud to be endorsing him and becoming one of his God's Country Co-Chairs."
Lee will be touring the state of Utah for the month.

Kent Courtney
Conservative Activist
   "For many years now I've been a proven conservative fighter, I've met with Governor Wallace, Congressman Goldwater and Mayor Yorty during the past weeks but I decided only Schmitz is the closest to the everyday views of myself. I believe in Schmitzs message and that's why I support him."
Courtnery is campaigning in the Deep South and securing support from many of his big figure friends

Liberty Lobby
Political Group
   "Our executive committee has decided unamiously to support congressman Schmitz we believe Schmitz is the closest to our views and our 500,000 members views. Schmitz stands for Liberty, justice and freedom for white Americans. That's why we support Schmitz"
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #418 on: September 04, 2015, 08:41:58 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2015, 07:15:45 PM by Classic Conservative »

John G. Schmitz for President Part 1 Campaign Schedule
March 22-29, 1972

God's Country for Schmitz Tour

March 22, 1972

Meet and Greet in Boise, Idaho
Town Hall in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho
Meet and Greet in Island Park, Idaho with Mayor of Island Park and local Mormon bishop
Meet and Greet in Soda Springs, Idaho

This is God's Country Rally at Mormon Church in Nampa, Idaho

March 23, 1972

Meet and Greet in Havre, Montana
Town Hall in Whitefish, Montana
Meet and Greet with City officials who support Schmitz in Helena, Montana
Meet and Greet in Virginia City, Montana

This is Gods Country Rally at The Chabad of Montana in Bozeman, Montana

March 24, 1972

Meet and Greet in Evanston, Wyoming
Town Hall in Afton, Wyoming secure support from local and county leaders
Open State Office in Casper, Wyoming name Natrona County Clerk Pat McClark as Chairman
Meet and Greet in Lusk, Wyoming

This is God's Country Rally at Bethel Baptist Church in Laramie, Wyoming

March 25, 1972

Meet and Greet in Burns, Oregon
Town Hall in La Grande, Oregon
Meet and Greet in Baker City, Oregon
Meet and Greet in Ashland, Oregon

This is God's Country Rally at East Hill Church in Portland, Oregon, which is Oregon's largest church with speeches by the pastor, local leaders and conservative activists

March 26, 1972

Meet and Greet in Walla Walla, Washington
Gold Standard is the Right Choice for America Town Hall in Yakima, Washington sponsored by Goldline and The Austrian Economic Club of Eastern Washington
Meet and Greet in Ellensburg, Washington
Meet and Greet in West Richland, Washington
This is God's Country Rally at Spokane First Assembly of God in Spokane, Washington

March 27, 1972

Meet and Greet in Bethel, Alaska
Town Hall in Nome, Alaska
Meet and Greet in Seldovia, Alaska with local leaders
Meet and Greet in Sitka, Alaska
This is God's Country Rally in at Anchorage Baptist Temple in Anchorage, Alaska

March 28, 1972

Meet and Greet in Cottonwood Heights, Utah
Town Hall in Nephi, Utah
Meeting with State Co-Chairs, County and Town Co-Chairs at Salt Lake Convention Center in Confrence Room B
Meet and Greet in Tremont, Utah
This is God's Country Rally at Salt Lake Temple announce Temple Bishop O. Lesile Stone as Salt Lake City Mormon Outreach Chair

March 29, 1972

Meet and Greet in Lovelock, Nevada
Town Hall in Ely, Nevada with the Mayor of Ely
Meet and Greet in Fallon, Nevada
Meet and Greet in Austin, Nevada
This is God's Country Rally at The Salvation Army Church in North Las Vegas
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #419 on: September 04, 2015, 07:22:35 PM »

When is this round due?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #420 on: September 04, 2015, 07:27:44 PM »

It will take a while, I'm utterly exhausted (especially in the emotional sense) over the end of my semester, and I will take a trip tomorrow for three or four days to clear my mind. The preliminar end of turn comes at Wednesday, Thursday at the latest, since I will have zero internet access.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #421 on: September 07, 2015, 04:31:08 PM »

McCarthy will not compete in the Missouri and South Carolina caucuses

McCarthy for President - Turn 9

March 22

- File for Pennsylvania and Massachusetts Primaries

March 23-25

- Barnstorm in Milwaukee, WI
- Town Halls in Milwaukee, WI
- Barnstorm in Madison, WI
- Town Halls in Madison, WI

March 26

- Town Hall in Eau Claire, WI
- Town Hall in Green Bay, WI
- Town Hall in Lacrosse, WI
- Town Hall in Appleton, WI

March 27

- Town Hall in Oshkosh, WI
- Town Hall in Kenosha, WI
- Barnstorm in Racine, WI
- Barnstorm in Sheboygan, WI
- Fly to MN

March 28

- Barnstorm in Minneapolis, MN
- Barnstorm in St. Paul, MN

March 29

- Barnstorm in Eden Prairie, MN
- Barnstorm in St. Cloud, MN
- Barnstorm in Rochester, MN
- Barnstorm in Edina, MN

March 30

- Barnstorm in Hastings, MN
- Barnstorm in Apple Valley, MN
- Barnstorm in Minneapolis, MN
- Speak at select caucus sites in St. Paul, MN

March 31

- Fly to WI
- Barnstorm in Janesville, WI
- Barnstorm in Bayfield, WI
- Barnstorm in Rhinelander, WI
- Barnstorm in Baraboo, WI

April 1

- Barnstorm in Racine, WI
- Barnstorm in Stevens Point, WI
- Barnstorm in Fond Du Lac, WI
- Barnstorm in Superior, WI

April 2

- Barnstorm in Baraboo, WI
- Barnstorm in Wauwatosa, WI
- Barnstorm in Hayward, WI
- Town Hall in Neenah, WI

April 3

- Town Hall in Marshfield, WI
- Town Hall in Delavan, WI

April 4

- Barnstorm in Milwaukee, WI

- Newman and Rep. Edwards will be campaigning in WI the entire turn
- Gov. Wellstone will be campaigning in MN from March 25-30 and in WI on all other days of the turn
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #422 on: September 08, 2015, 09:03:28 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2015, 09:17:48 PM by VPH »

Harris Hits the Trail
March 22
Rally about the economy at Oyster Point: Charleston, SC
Talking to voters: North Charleston, SC
GOTV: Charleston, SC
Dinner/Rally with the local NAACP (Alongside Jesse Jackson): Charleston, SC

March 23
Speech about agriculture: Florence, SC
GOTV W/Claude Pepper: Florence, SC
GOTV W/Claude Pepper: Sumter, SC
Town Hall: Sumter, SC

VOTER: "How will you fight inflation?"
HARRIS: "I won't freeze your wages, that's what! My plan to tackle inflation is to get a grip on our monetary system. I'll push the federal reserve to curb inflation to keep prices down. Also, with my plan to invest more into infrastructure projects, the economic prosperity will help stop damaging runaway inflation."

March 24
GOTV: Columbia, SC
Speech about Vietnam at the University of South Carolina: Columbia, SC
GOTV: Greenville, SC
Town Hall: Spartanburg, SC

March 25
Meeting voters: Rock Hill, SC
Speech about taxes: Myrtle Beach, SC
GOTV: Conway, SC
Fundraising dinner with Sen. Jennings Randolph: Norfolk, VA
Late night flight to Kansas City, MO

March 26
Speech at Harry Truman's boyhood home about foreign policy: Independence, MO
Rally about unions/GOTV: Raytown, MO
Knocking Doors (GOTV): Kansas City, KS
Town Hall/GOTV: St. Joseph, MO

"It was a man hailing from Independence who passed the first GI Bill. He also played an instrumental role in containing communism through provision of humanitarian aid. These are two Truman-era policies that need to be brought back. I'm the ONLY candidate who's proposed a new GI bill for the young men I'm going to bring home from Vietnam. Moreover, I understand that humanitarian means are the most effective for promoting democracy."

March 27
Rally about university costs at MSU: Springfield, MO
Town Hall: Poplar Bluff, MO
Press conference/Rally about jobs: Jefferson City, MO
Speech to the Mizzou Students for Harris group/campus GOTV with Phillip Berrigan: Columbia, MO

March 28
GOTV: Florrisant, MO
Town Hall: Clayton, MO
GOTV with Jesse Jackson: St. Louis, MO
Dinner with factory workers: St. Louis, MO
Nighttime flight to Minneapolis

March 29
GOTV and speech about inflation: Rochester, MN
Campus GOTV with Phillip Berrigan at UMinn: Minneapolis, MN
GOTV downtown: Minneapolis, MN
GOTV: Bloomington, MN

March 30
Presser: Moose Lake, MN
Fundraiser luncheon/town hall: St. Paul, MN
GOTV: Duluth, MN
Attending a watch party with the family and local volunteers: Duluth, MN

"We can only hope at this point that our results tonight will be favorable. We've done a lot of hard work, and I know all my surrogates and volunteers have done the same. It's been a tiring but rewarding stretch, and I know deep down that the people will speak tonight. The special interests will not overrun our energy."

March 31
GOTV with Rep. Obey: Superior, WI
Rally about jobs/GOTV with Rep. Obey: Eau Claire, WI
GOTV with Rep. Obey: Wausau, WI
Town Hall/GOTV: Green Bay, WI

"Creating jobs should be a top priority. We need to lower the unemployment rate, and the best way to do that is to improve this nation's infrastructure and attract businesses. Instead of our growing trade imbalance, the government should simplify the tax code to spur investment and close loopholes that harm small businesses. Investing in education will pay off by attracting high-tech industries to the US."

April 1
GOTV: Appleton, WI
GOTV (Doorknocking) with mayor Maier: Milwaukee, WI
Town Hall/Rally about union rights with the mayor: Milwaukee, WI
Speech with the mayor: Milwaukee, WI

April 2
Speech at the Serb Hall: Milwaukee, WI
GOTV: West Allis, WI
Campus GOTV with Phillip Berrigan at UWisconsin: Madison, WI
Rally about Vietnam downtown: Madison, WI

April 3
Flight to Wichita, KS
Speech at Wichita State University about unemployment: Wichita, KS
GOTV: Topeka, KS
GOTV: Kansas City, KS

April 4
Speech with local VFW group: Leavenworth, KS
Campus GOTV with Phillip Berrigan: Lawrence, KS
Flight to Milwaukee
Watching election results at the Serb Hall with workers and the mayor

KU STUDENT: "What's your stance on gender equality?"
FRED HARRIS: "Women and men are fundamentally equal. I fully support the ERA and call on the other candidates who haven't yet done so to publicly announce their support to."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #423 on: September 09, 2015, 01:08:17 PM »

I'm back! This should end tomorrow, Friday at the latest should there be a need for an extension.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #424 on: September 09, 2015, 09:51:44 PM »

I apologize so much, school has been a bear for me also. Tomorrow is my goal, but it may have to be Friday evening.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies