Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:13:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 107412 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2015, 02:17:33 AM »

Sam Yorty Endorsements

William Loeb: Barnstorming in NH
W. Haydon Burns: Barnstorming in FL
Otto Kerner, Jr.: Barnstorming in IL
John W. King: Barnstorming in NH
Ross Perot: Fundraising in TX
Happy Chandler: Barnstorming in SC
Robert Byrd: Barnstorming in SC
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2015, 03:15:00 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2015, 03:17:55 AM by Co-Speaker Spiral »

Sam Yorty Campaign Activities

-Expanding office in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Opening new office in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Opening new office in Chicago, Illinois
-Opening new office in Tampa, Florida
-Opening new office in Charleston, South Carolina
-Aggressive fundraising in California, New York, Texas, Illinois, and Florida
-Registering new voters in New Hampshire, Florida, Illinois, and South Carolina
-Securing support from local Democratic Party officers in New Hampshire, Florida, Illinois, and South Carolina
-Expanding volunteers in New Hampshire, Florida, and Illinois
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2015, 01:48:52 PM »

Newspaper Ad: A Vote For . . .

A VOTE FOR SAM YORTY IS A VOTE FOR . . .

•WINNING THE WAR IN VIETNAM

•RESTORING LAW AND ORDER

•REDUCING INFLATION

•ELIMINATING THE NATIONAL DEBT

VOTE FOR SAM YORTY IN YOUR UPCOMING PRIMARY

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2015, 07:29:26 PM »

Sam Yorty Campaign Schedule: March 1-7

The New Hampshire Blitz

March 1
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Pembroke, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Hollis, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Plaistow, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Atkinson, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Alton, NH

Friends, the Union Leader is only saying what the rest of us have been thinking this whole time: Ed Muskie is a terribly weak candidate. He's got no message, he excites no one, and, to top it all off, he hasn't even been performing as a frontrunner in these first few primaries. What kind of mandate can Senator Muskie claim to have as our party's supposed nominee? I won't comment on his personal life, but if any of those allegations are also true, it just adds up to a candidate who can't win the general election if he makes it that far. Democrats can surely do better than Muskie, and I know New Hampshire can do better than him. You'll have the chance to show that this week.

March 2
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Swanzey, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Swanton, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Weare, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Newmarket, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Berlin, NH

Thank goodness that terrorist plot in NYC was thwarted! Think of what could have happened had law enforcement not been able to respond quicker, though. We live in a world with plenty of dangers and tons of uncertainty. In a rapidly evolving environment like ours, we must keep up with the times. Terrorism, as well as all crime, is changing its tactics as technology changes how we live. It's up to leaders in the government to take action and make sure that law enforcement has the tools necessary to keep the entire country safe. I'm asking my fellow candidates to stand with me and make the pledge to defend us from all of these threats. It's time to get serious about keeping our streets safe.

March 3
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Conway, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Raymond, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Amherst, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Hanover, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Somersworth, NH

President Nixon may be enjoying a bounce in support now, but it's not going to last. Once voters remember our economic stagnation, domestic chaos, and international mayhem, they'll see the President for what he really is: an unimpressive leader who's failed to deliver on all of his promises. This year, the Democrats have the chance to make a clear contrast. The Silent Majority is still angry, and they deserve someone who will actually do as he says. I'm the only candidate who will be able to bring in these Americans and defeat Nixon in November. My opponents either will make things worse or won't have the guts to change anything of worth.

March 4
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Pelham, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Hooksett, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Exeter, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Durham, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Laconia, NH

Earlier, Senator Muskie validated everything we have said about his campaign from day one, and from his own words! Senator Muskie acknowledges that he inspires no one. He acknowledges that no one knows what his positions really are. Now he claims that he'll change in the coming days, but you have every right to be skeptical of this. If it wasn't for all the hits he's faced these last few weeks, Muskie would have never brought this up! He would have kept chugging along as usual! Now he's scared that he's beginning to lose it all in this race, so he's scrambling to reclaim his mantle. Ladies and gentlemen, let's not give him that opportunity this week. Muskie is not the man for New Hampshire, nor is he for the rest of the country. On the 7th, he will get that message loud and clear.

March 5
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Goffstown, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Bedford, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Portsmouth, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Keene, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Londonderry, NH

Over the last two months I've gotten a great reception here in New Hampshire, and it shows. I'm proud to have received the endorsement of your state's biggest newspaper, the Manchester Union Leader. They called me the one serious Democrat running because I'm highlighting issues that the other Democrats would never dare touch, and I'm sticking to my guns on them. I've also been endorsed by your long-serving governor, John King, a good man. Governor King and I both believe that our nation is in trouble right now and that we need strong leadership to set things straight. When we're losing control of our situation at home and when our influence on the world stage is also diminishing, we can't afford to have any more weak leaders. Weak leaders are the guys who brought us where we are today. I'm running because I strongly believe that our best days are ahead of us if we brought back our nation's spirit. As President, you can count on me to lead the charge and restore the United States to what it's supposed to be: the undisputed leader of the free world.

March 6
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Hudson, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Merrimack, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Salem, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Rochester, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Concord, NH

New Hampshire is the Live Free or Die State. People in New Hampshire have a fierce independent streak and are known to buck the trend. I have to say that I'm a bit of an independent rascal myself. I'm a maverick in a party that I fear is slowly being engulfed by fringe elements. My opponents are all on the same page of declaring defeat and pulling out all across the world. They also are united in not have any real solutions on fixing our finances or restoring law and order. These are issues that voters care deeply about, and the reason why I entered the race was because I saw that those issues were ignored. If no one else is willing to address them seriously, so be it. My message is resonating here in New Hampshire. However, this mission is not over until we win the nomination and head all the way to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue!

March 7
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Derry, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Dover, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Nashua, NH
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Manchester, NH
-Election Night Rally in Manchester, NH

This is it, New Hampshire! My opponents have been pounding at me left and right for months straight, hoping that they'll get me out of the picture. Guess what? We're stronger than ever here in this state and across the country! *cheers* Let them do whatever they want, because they're not doing a damn thing to kill this message we've got! Not only is this campaign continuing full steam ahead, but we're gonna do another thing tonight: we're gonna win this primary! *cheers*

To the naysayers out there who can't imagine such a thing, you just watch. We have the message, we have the momentum, and we're the best organized in this state by far. Tonight, an army of Americans will flood the polls and make their voices heard. These are Americans who work hard, contribute to their communities, and are just fed up with our leaders. Tonight, once the votes roll in, their voices will be heard across the world for the first time in a long time. Your help tonight will be the beginning of a new and uplifting chapter in American history. God bless you all, and go vote!

Sam Yorty Endorsements

William Loeb: Barnstorming in NH
W. Haydon Burns: Barnstorming in FL
John W. King: Barnstorming in NH
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2015, 07:32:35 PM »

Sam Yorty GOTV Strategy: New Hampshire

Since the launch of Mayor Yorty's campaign months ago, New Hampshire has been at the forefront of his candidacy. A victory in New Hampshire would catapult the Mayor to frontrunner status and ensure a viable path to the Democratic nomination. To achieve this goal, the Yorty campaign has been heavily investing in building up its organization in the state since the very beginning. On the eve of the vote, the Yorty campaign eclipses all of the other Democrats in its New Hampshire operation, being the best organized statewide with the largest number of active volunteers. Led by former Governor John W. King, who intimately knows the state's complexities, the New Hampshire GOTV operation is now underway through these actions:

-Targeting undecided voters, highlighting Yorty’s independent streak and willingness to “speak the truth”
-Targeting blue collar voters in urban and suburban areas, highlighting the economy, law and order, and Vietnam
-Targeting white collar voters in urban areas, highlighting the economy and law and order
-Targeting voters in smaller, rural areas ignored by other candidates
-Targeting disaffected Democrats across the state who normally don't vote
-Persuading Muskie voters to switch to Yorty, citing Muskie's lackluster campaign, fuzzy message, and flip-flops on key issues such as Vietnam
-Persuading Lindsay voters to switch to Yorty, citing Lindsay's very low chances of winning the primary as well as highlighting similarities between Lindsay and Yorty such as on crime and other issues, showing their moderate politics compared to other candidates
-Persuading Carter voters to switch to Yorty, citing Carter's very low chances of winning the primary as well as highlighting the moderate-to-conservative policies of Carter and Yorty where they are similar
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2015, 10:42:52 PM »

LOEB: IF MUSKIE CANNOT WIN NH, HE MUST DROP OUT

Adding to the rapidly growing barrage of attacks directed towards Senator Edmund Muskie (D-ME), William S. Loeb stabbed the Muskie campaign yet again in the final days before the New Hampshire primary. Mr. Loeb, the editor-in-chief of the influential Manchester Union Leader, declared that Mr. Muskie should withdraw from the presidential race should he fail to win the primary. "If you look at Senator Muskie's campaign, it has been a total disaster, and he is the only one to blame for this," Loeb wrote in a scathing editorial. "Only Senator Muskie could have started out 20 points ahead of his competitors in New Hampshire and now appear in danger of losing the state." Loeb continued on to opine that Muskie's campaign has been "stuffy," "directionless," and "uninspiring," adding that a loss would be "well deserved." "Democrats wary of McGovern, McCarthy, and the like would be much better off with another candidate," Loeb concluded, "and that man would be Sam Yorty."
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2015, 11:21:01 PM »

TV Ad: Who Is He?

He's got the spirit.

He's got the momentum.

He's got the Union Leader's backing.

He's independent.

He's tough.

Who is he?

He's Sam Yorty.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2015, 12:14:07 AM »

Manchester Union Leader Response to Senator Muskie

As a newspaper, we have the editorial freedom to endorse a candidate whom we feel would be the best leader for the country. Our main priority, however, is to report on all of the candidates and their backgrounds. Senator Muskie is subject to criticism on his record and his associates just as any other person running is. We here at the Union Leader shall continue to do our job and report on the race as it develops. We are also open to Senator Muskie's suggestion to conduct an interview and hope that he will participate in one in the near future.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2015, 03:10:23 AM »

Sam Yorty Victory Speech

We did it! With your help, we've overcome all the odds and proved all of our critics dead wrong. Despite everything thrown our way for months, the people of New Hampshire have made it loud and clear tonight that they're looking for someone who actually cares about them. The same establishment politicians who have gotten us into this mess should cower in fear after these results, because Americans are now standing up and are ready to fight. They're sick and tired of seeing defeat at home and around the world. Our leaders have failed us so may times, and what the voters want now is new, fresh leadership with a backbone.

Make no mistake: this is not some flash in the pan. What we've seen tonight is the beginning of a real movement. Millions of Americans are energized and ready to upend the entire political system. The good work in New Hampshire tonight is going to extend to Florida, Illinois, and beyond, and we will continue to build momentum across the nation. What's going to happen these next few months? We'll squash our opponents at every turn and come out as the Democratic nominee! Then before you know it, we'll trump President Nixon and head all the way to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue! We will continue fighting and we will win! Thank you all, and God bless the United States of America!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2015, 02:40:01 PM »

May we also get polling for South Carolina, Minnesota, and Missouri this turn?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2015, 03:06:48 PM »

May we also get polling for South Carolina, Minnesota, and Missouri this turn?

Can't make any promises as doing polling is annoying as hell, but I'll try!

Believe me, I sympathize. Tongue
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2015, 01:27:20 AM »

Sam Yorty - Florida Busing Straw Poll

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Absolutely, no doubt about it. This forced busing scheme has done communities across the country no good. The civil rights people pushing busing say that they want to unite Americans and improve education, but you just look at their deeds and you know that they're achievning none of that. The children aren't any better off, education continues to suffer, and we're only pitting off white and black folks against each other by forcing integration so quickly. You can't ram down equality on people and expect that everything will go well. It's ultimately up to parents and their children to determine where they want the kids to attend school. A constitutional amendment would be a great way of handling this issue once and for all by making it clear that the federal government can't stick its nose here.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I strongly believe in equal opportunity for all students. Part of the problem that we have right now in addressing education is that many of our nation's school systems are deprived of resources, making it difficult to keep up with rising standards. The federal government should do much more to provide funding for education, and as President I would work to see that happen. I also believe that establishing a Department of Education would be an appropriate way to organize federal education policy. If we devote the necessary resources to education, then you will see an improved quality of education and equal opportunities for students across the board. From here on out, it's time to stop ignoring this issue.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2015, 03:30:21 AM »

May this turn's deadline be extended to midnight tonight?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2015, 12:30:08 AM »

Yeah, tomorrow night.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2015, 11:05:28 PM »

Sam Yorty Campaign Schedule: March 8-14

March 8
-Rally in Normal, IL
-Rally in Oak Park, IL
-Rally in Elmhurst, IL
-Rally in Des Plaines, IL
-Fundraiser in Aurora, IL

The labor movement is an integral part of the American way of life. With labor, the little guy has a force that he can rally behind to do good. Not only can he benefit himself, but his co-workers, family, and the entire community. Without labor, the little guy is left with no strong shield to counter titans of industry. We have some Democrats running who are positioning themselves as the one true populist in the race, such as Senator Harris. I no doubt respect Senator Harris for the work he has done here, along with the others, but no one can compare to my record on this. I've been fighting longer than anybody for unions and union members, all the way back to the 1930s. Some of my fiercest critics tried to label me a communist, and I thought I was the one who was supposed to call others communists! *laughs*

March 9
-Rally in Chicago Heights, IL
-Rally in Woodridge, IL
-Rally in Oswego, IL
-Rally in Skokie, IL
-Rally in Mount Prospect, IL

Senator Muskie continues to show his desperation after losing New Hampshire. He wants to make you think that I'm some extremist that will wreck the country. However, I ask that you take a step back and look at where we are today. Our leaders in Washington have led us to this mess after years of mismanagement, and Senator Muskie is part of the problem, but he doesn't want to admit it. In fact, he represents all the traits of an entrenched politician. He stands for nothing and all he does is appease the right people to get votes. Muskie's campaign is just as vapid as his career in Washington, and I think he's beginning to realize that Democrats see right through him. I'm not some nutjob, I'm the guy who's going to get us out of this mess and actually represent the American people!

March 10
-Barnstorming and GOTV in The Villages, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Doral, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Jupiter, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in North Miami, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Daytona Beach, FL

Governor Carter was not qualified for the job of President of the United States with so little experience, but he still had a lot in common with me. You see, both of us are moderates in the party. We're both troubled by the fringe elements in the party that seem to be gaining more clout in recent years. The McGoverns and McCarthys of the Democratic Party are living in a fantasy if they think that their vision for America is feasible, much less if they think that America itself wants that vision. We've got to make sure that they never come to power, or else I fear that our worst days have yet to come. In this respect, Governor Carter saw eye-to-eye with me here. I know the Governor had his fans here in Florida, so if any of his former supporters are out here tonight, I ask that you take a long look at my campaign. You might like what you have to see.

March 11
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Kendall, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Palm Bay, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Clearwater, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Miami Gardens, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Brandon, FL

It's official: Senator Muskie is floundering, and he knows it. Muskie's people are panicking and scrambling to salvage their remaining dignity, but they should know by now that it's practically over for them. The Senator was a guy who started out with 40% of the vote in New Hampshire, the first primary, and who led by 20 to 30 points over all his rivals. That was then. Flash forward to last week, and they crumbled all the way to a second place finish! If that isn't an incompetent candidate, I don't know what is! What should be clear after New Hampshire is that moderate Democrats have a better choice out there for them, and that would be myself. Not only am I the one who's really fighting for them, but I've shown that I can win, unlike the Senator. We're going to keep on winning, too, including here in Florida.

March 12
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Coral Springs, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Gainesville, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Miramar, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Hollywood, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Pembroke Pines, FL

I've managed the great city of Los Angeles for the past 11 years. That's really a long time to be in charge of a city, if you think about it. However, being mayor has shown me the best of what can happen in government, and I'm proud to say that we've accomplished so much in those 11 years. Under my leadership, L.A. has grown from a mid-sized city to one of the largest and notable cities in the nation. Our economy is booming, our culture is flourishing, and our infrastructure is better than ever. Many of my opponents have voted on budgets in Congress. How many of them have actually had to manage budgets, though? I have every year in office. I have the managerial experience to get this country back on track after years of mishandling from our leaders.

March 13
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Cape Coral, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Port St. Lucie, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Fort Lauderdale, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Tallahassee, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Hialeah, FL

When it comes to busing, all of my opponents are right on the same page. They want the feds to stomp on your freedom of choice to decide where you want to send your kids to school. You want your seventh grader to go to the middle school two blocks away? Too bad, they've got to go miles away to be at an integrated school! If this is supposed to be the next step towards equality, then this is a farce. Like I said, my opponents agree with doing all of this. Mayor Lindsay agrees, Senator Muskie agrees, Senator McGovern agrees, and so do the rest. I am the only voice for sanity on busing, Florida. If you want to send a strong message that things are going too far, then vote for me. If you want to protect your children's quality of education and solve the education issue the right way, then I'm your guy. If you disagree, then you have five other choices on the ballot.

March 14
-Barnstorming and GOTV in St. Petersburg, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Orlando, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Tampa, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Miami, FL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Jacksonville, FL

Today is the day, Florida! This is the day when we can win yet again! New Hampshire was not some fluke, it was only the beginning of the road to the Democratic nomination! It can't happen without you at the polls today, though. You need to bring your family and friends along with you to send a clear message that you're all fed up and you're not gonna take it anymore. A vote for Yorty is a vote for the end of forced busing. A vote for Yorty is a vote for strong American leadership in Vietnam. A vote for Yorty is a vote for stopping criminals and restoring order. If this is what you want to hear from your leaders, then storm the voting booths and continue our national momentum!

Campaign Activities

-Aggressive fundraising in California, Texas, Florida, Illinois, and New York
-Expanding campaign offices in Illinois and South Carolina
-Opening campaign offices and recruiting volunteers in Missouri, South Carolina, Kansas, Virginia, and Alaska
-Registering voters in Missouri, South Carolina, Kansas, Virginia, and Alaska
-Securing support from local Democratic Party officers in Illinois, Missouri, South Carolina, Kansas, Virginia, and Alaska

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2015, 11:24:04 PM »

Newspaper Ad: Busing

John Lindsay is for forced busing.

Ed Muskie is for forced busing.

Gene McCarthy is for forced busing.

Sam Yorty is for school choice.

Vote for Sam Yorty on March 14 for a real alternative.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2015, 11:40:54 PM »

Sam Yorty Endorsements

Former Governor James F. Byrnes (D-SC)

Mayor Yorty is the candidate who is talking some sense in this race. He recognizes that we are at a crossroads in our nation's history and that we need strong leadership to turn the tide. Whether it is keeping us safe at home or defending American interests across the world, Mayor Yorty shows the judgment necessary to become our next President, and this old man will be helping him get elected in South Carolina and beyond.

March 8-14
-Barnstorming in South Carolina
-Fundraising in South Carolina
-Registering Voters in South Carolina

Past Endorsements

William Loeb: Barnstorming and GOTV in FL
W. Haydon Burns: Barnstorming and GOTV in FL
John W. King: Barnstorming and GOTV in FL
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2015, 11:52:26 PM »

Sam Yorty GOTV Strategy: Florida

Sensing the new momentum coming out of a shock victory in New Hampshire, the Yorty campaign is putting great efforts into driving up the Florida vote in hopes of a consecutive victory, providing the Mayor another boost going forward. With a high number of undecided voters and the sudden departure of high-polling Jimmy Carter, up to a quarter of Florida voters are up in the air, and much of the efforts are going into grabbing those voters and bringing them to the Yorty camp. The Florida operation, led by former Governor W. Haydon Burns, is performing the following actions this week:

-Targeting undecided voters, highlighting Yorty’s independent streak and willingness to “speak the truth” on busing, law and order, etc.
-Targeting blue collar voters in urban and suburban areas, highlighting busing, the economy, law and order, and Vietnam
-Targeting white collar voters in urban areas, highlighting the economy, education, and law and order
-Targeting low-income voters across the state (especially in rural areas), highlighting the economy, education, and healthcare
-Targeting union members across the state, highlighting labor, the economy, and education
-Targeting disaffected Democrats across the state who normally don't vote
-Persuading former Carter supporters to vote for Yorty, highlighting similarities between Carter and Yorty with their moderate-to-conservative policies
-Persuading Lindsay supporters to switch to Yorty, citing busing as a wedge issue and highlighting similarities on other issues such as crime
-Persuading Muskie supporters to switch to Yorty, citing busing as a wedge issue and contrasting Muskie's faltering campaign with Yorty's surging campaign (using NH victory as example)

The issues mentioned in the Florida campaign the most frequently include the economy, law and order, Vietnam, and especially busing. With all the other candidates on the ballot being in favor of busing, Yorty is hoping to consolidate all of the anti-busing votes to emerge as the primary's clear winner while his opponents split the pro-busing votes. Yorty has also been capitalizing on his surge following New Hampshire and has most frequently attacked Senator Muskie on the campaign trail. With Muskie's campaign in trouble, Yorty hopes to peel off a significant number of Muskie's supporters who are losing faith in him and who are inclined to back a conservative alternative to the more liberal Mayor Lindsay.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2015, 10:06:05 PM »

May we get one more day on this? I've been busy.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2015, 10:10:58 PM »

This latest turn started two days ago and they last for two days unless an extension is granted.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2015, 11:34:05 PM »

Is this being extended again? If not, I shall have all my stuff up within the next two hours.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2015, 10:48:41 PM »

Sam Yorty Campaign Schedule: March 15-21

March 15
-Town Hall in Clemson, SC
-Town Hall in Seven Oaks, SC
-Town Hall in Berea, SC
-Rally in Spartanburg, SC
-Fundraiser in North Charleston, SC

South Carolina, the results we saw in Florida last night shows just how strong this campaign has become now. Despite all the attacks from my opponents, we're not backing down. I'm talking the real issues that voters want to hear, and they're storming the polls because they believe in this message. I think the good people of the South understand this quite well. They know they're getting screwed by the political establishment, and they want a fighter for them in the White House for once. I want to be your fighter, South Carolina. Will you give us another resounding victory in the coming weeks?

March 16
-Town Hall in Ozark, MO
-Town Hall in Clayton, MO
-Town Hall in Rolla, MO
-Rally and Voter Registration in Independence, MO
-Rally and Voter Registration in Lee's Summit, MO

It's a good thing that President Nixon issued that moratorium on busing. Finally, the President acted on the will of the people for once! It's clear that this busing policy has been a failure so far and will continue to be as long as it's around. You can address equality without driving down the quality of our kid's education, and I've got the right plan to address this. As President, I'll continue to resist forced busing and instead revamp our nation's education policy so we'll continue to lead the world for success and innovation.

March 17
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Oak Forest, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Granite City, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Addison, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Rock Island, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Calumet City, IL

Above all the other candidates, I'm the one who fights for organized labor. I've been on the trenches of this battle for the last 40 years, and while I've collected my good share of enemies along the way, I know this is a cause worth fighting for. Families and communities depend on labor to be there for them. Take it from the guy who's battle-tested and ready to take this fight to the next stage: the White House! My opponents are newcomers to this game, but you can know that I'm the real deal. Bring your hard hat with you to the polls and send a message that Yorty is going to win!

March 18
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Wheeling, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Quincy, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Elmhurst, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Tinley Park, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Wheaton, IL

Senator Muskie is a man of no principles. What he is is a politician who wants to tell you what you want to hear. The difference I have with Senator Muskie is that I tell you like it is, and I think a lot of people respect me for that even if they disagree. You see, unlike Senator Muskie, I'm not going to let my positions go with the wind just because of public opinion. What we need in government is less panderers and more leaders. If you want the same results as we've been getting for the last 5 or 10 years, then go right ahead and vote for someone like Muskie. But if you want a real change from how things are, then vote for someone who's shown some principle.

March 19
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Stokie, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Evanston, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Schaumburg, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Cicero, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Champaign, IL

Mayor Lindsay is not the right man to lead this Democratic Party. If you don't believe me, then only look at the sort of record that he's made for himself in New York City. Under his watch, poverty has ballooned, racial tensions have skyrocketed, and crime has exploded. While his citizens were struggling to make ends meet, he was parading around like some kind of celebrity. If that's what's happened in New York, then I don't want to know what would happen to the rest of the country! Stand with me and oppose limousine liberals like Mayor Lindsay who don't care about the people whom they represent. I'm a fighter, and I'm going to be fighting for you every day.

March 20
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Waukegan, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Elgin, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Peoria, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Springfield, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Bloomington, IL

Tomorrow, you'll have another chance to prove my critics wrong. After our win in New Hampshire and our near-win in Florida, it's clear that this message is a strong one. My main opponents may get establishment support, but they are not the right people to lead our party. Mayor Lindsay has an inflated ego and a disastrous record, while Senator Muskie has no convictions and no spine. I'm the only candidate in the race with the right experience, the right judgment, and the right vigor to win the election and lead the nation. Everyone has tried to knock me down, but I remain standing. Tomorrow, we're going to shock the pollsters and the media once more!

March 21
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Naperville, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Joilet, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Rockford, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Aurora, IL
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Chicago, IL

Campaign Activities

-Aggressive funding in California, New York, Texas, Illinois, Florida, and Virginia
-Actively courting new donors in California, New York, Michigan, and Pennsylvania
-Hiring more staffers in South Carolina, Missouri, Kansas, and Virginia
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2015, 11:01:51 PM »

TV Ad: Responsible Leadership

This is Mayor John Lindsay.

Under his watch in New York, this happened.

This is Mayor Richard Daley.

Under his watch in Chicago, this happened.

These two may be a match for each other, but they are not a match for Illinois.

On the 21st, vote for responsible leadership. Vote for Sam Yorty.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2015, 11:12:00 PM »

Before I forget: The Yorty campaign will file for the Wisconsin primary.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2015, 11:27:07 PM »

That's a surreal ad if I've ever seen one
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies