Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:47:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 108182 times)
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2015, 09:03:35 PM »

Past Muskie Endorsers

Averell Harriman
Barnstorming and fundraising in New Hampshire.

Sylvio Dupuis
Barnstorming in southern New Hampshire.

Dean Rusk
Barnstorming in Florida.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2015, 10:56:41 PM »

Muskie for America Endorsers

Rep William Hathaway ME 2nd
Fmr senator Stephen Young of Ohio
Ohio State Treasurer Gertrude Donahey
All will be barnstorming in New Hanpshire.

Muskie Statement on the Manchester Union Leader
"Frankly, if the Union Leader wishes to continue their attacks, that is fine with me, they will only continue to degrade their reputation as a 'newspaper.' If and when they are wling to take an objective stance in this race, I would be more than happy to make peace, and conduct an interview with this once illustrious paper."
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2015, 04:48:43 PM »

Muskie New Hampshire Speech

“Ladies and gentlemen, we have been dealt a blow tonight, by the likes of none other than Sam Yorty. I would like to congratulate him on his victory, but to tell him, that our fight is not over! Until now I have run a cautious campaign. My advisers beseached me not to take any position which might be viewed as controversial, or really brave at all. No longer! I will run on my beliefs and not merely experience. I will run on my convictions, and not a poll tested message. From here on out, I will be a candidate you will be proud to vote for! Thank you, god bless the state of New Hampshire, and god bless the United States of America.” 

Muskie for America Schedule

March 8th
Fundraiser in Chicago, IL
Voter registration drive in the suburbs, with Muskie attending.
Rally in Chicago, IL.
“Thank you all for coming out tonight! Together, we will show Yorty, and Lindsay, and McGovern that we are still a force to reckoned with! We were shellacked by our loss in New Hampshire, I won't deny it, but will we let Yorty and his campaign drag this party so far to the  right, that even Nixon would balk? Of course not! First in Florida, an then here in the great state of Illinois we will show everyone that we can and will win the nomination, and the Presidency! Thank you and goodnight.”

March 9th
Fundraiser in Springfield, IL.
Barnstorm in Springfield, IL.
Town hall at local UAW
“As President I will work tirelessly for the working man. Nixon has made it deadly clear with his policies, that he does not support the average American. He has cut the highest tax bracket by over 25% of it's original value, and then wishes to saddle you all with the deficit that will create. Under President Muskie, I will ensure the wealthy pay their fair share.”

March 10th
Voter registration drive in Van Buren, IL, with Muskie attending.
Barnstorm in Southern Illinois
Meeting with civic leaders in Cairo, IL.

March 11th
Fly to Miami, FL.
Fundraiser in Miami, FL.
Barnstorm in the suburbs of Miami, FL.

March 12th
Meet with civic leaders in Tallahassee, FL.
Town hall in Tallahassee, FL.
“Ladies and gentlemen, how many of you know someone wounded or killed in Vietnam? Nearly everyone in the room does. Ladies and gentlemen, that is outrageous. Too many of our bright, young men have been sent to their deaths in a war with no end in sight. Too many. And you know what? Four years ago we were promised peace with honor. Four years ago we were promised an end to the debacle in Southeast Asia, and lo and behold, American boys are still dying over there. As your President, I will immediately withdraw all American soldiers from combat rolls, and leave the fighting to the South Vietnamese. Any our boys left over the pacific, will be to ensure American workers, and the American embassy are not overrun, and not in any of these pointless offensives which the Nixon White House keeps ordering.”
Fundraiser in Tallahassee, FL.

March 13th
Barnstorm in Orlando, FL.
Barnstorm in North Western Florida.
Pre-Primary rally in Orlando, FL.
“Tomorrow is the all important Florida primary. Your great state plays a huge roll in determining our nominee for the Presidency of these United States. A strong showing here will propel us to a strong win in Illinois, and then Wisconsin and then the Presidency! Thank you all so much for coming tonight, and  let's give Lindsay, and Yorty, and McGovern a shellacking tomorrow at the polls! Goodnight Orlando!”

March 14th
Fly to Milwaukee, WI.
Voter registration in Milwaukee with Muskie in attendance.
Barnstorm in Polish neighborhoods in Milwaukee, WI.
Fundraiser in Milwaukee, WI.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2015, 04:49:41 PM »

Muskie Response to Busing Straw Poll

1. I commend Governor Askew for making the right choice on the issue of a constitutional amendment on busing. As President I will adamantly oppose any amendment to ban busing. A document graced with the Bill of Rights, and the 14th, 15th, and 16th amendments need not be reduced to simply a catch all for a portion of the population's grievances. I also stand with Congressman Lindsay, this race baiting tactic cannot be used to divide us. We, north and south, black and white, must stick together to ensure our country continues to be the greatest this world has ever seen.
2. I unequivocally stand in favor of equal education. And that, like it or not, requires busing. Not only is this the only real, if imperfect, solution to the scourge on unequal education, it is the price we all must pay for centuries of segregation, and hatred between the races. Only through busing can we have equal education, and an end to the preconceived notions about the races which make up this great nation. Thank you, and goodnight.

Muskie for America Campaign Offices

Muskie staff in New Hampshire will be transferred to our Illinois offices, and to opening a new office in Milwaukee. No new staff will be added, and the offices in New Hampshire and Iowa will be vacated.
The Wisconsin and Illinois offices will begin to register new voters, and the Florida offices will send advance men before each of Muskie's appearances.

YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2015, 10:12:54 PM »

Past Muskie Endorsers

Gov. Harold Hughes of Iowa:
Hearns will act as Muskie for America's chairman for the Wisconsin Primary, directing campaign offices there, and holding fundraisers.

Sen. Stuart Symington of Missouri:
Symington will act as Muskie for America's chairman for the Illinois Primary, directing the campaign offices there, and holding fundraisers.

Gov. Warren Hearnes of Missouri:
Hearnes will act as a chairman for the Missouri Primary. He will attend fundraisers, and barnstorm across the state.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2015, 09:33:05 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2015, 09:36:17 PM by YPestis25 »

Muskie for America Turn Eight

March 15th
Barnstorm in Utica, IL.
Town hall in La Salle, IL
"Thank you all for coming out to see me! Together we will win in Illinois, and take that win to the White House! We have seen John Lindsay emerge as the front runner in the Democratic race, staking out liberal positions, but need I remind you, that he was a Republican as late as 1971? How can we know which John Lindsay we are going to get? The moderate or the liberal? The Democrat or the Republican? Let's show him on the 21st that the citizens of Illinois want a real Democrat on our ticket. Thank you, and goodnight!"
Fundraiser in La Salle, IL.

March 16th
Barnstorm in Peoria, IL.
Barnstorm in Bloomington, IL.
Fundraiser in Peoria, IL.

March 17th
Barnstorm in Decauter, IL.
Rally in Springfield, IL.
"Sam Yorty has staked out positions to the right of Richard Nixon! Are we going to let him take this contest in a cakewalk? No! Are we going to let him destroy the work of countless civil rights activists? No! Together, we will show America, that Muskie has what it takes to win the White House. Thank you and goodnight!"
Fundraiser in Springfield, IL.

March 18th
Barnstorm in Belleville, IL.
Rally in East St. Louis, IL.
Fundraiser in East St. Louis, IL.

March 19th
Union town hall in Mt. Vernon, IL.
"Unions are the cornerstone of the American dream. Without unions, are children would still be working the factories, and slaving away in the mills. Without unions, there would be no forty hour work week, or a living minimum wage. Unions are the bedrock of the middle class, and I will protect them with all my heart in the White House."
Barnstorm in Salem, IL.
Fundraiser in Vandalia, IL.

March 20th
Barnstorm in Metropolis, IL.
Rally in Cairo, IL.
"Are we going to let the Daley Machine decide how this state votes? Are we going to let Chicago overshadow your votes? No! Will we let Yorty push back civil rights for all? No! Tomorrow, we will send a message loud and clear, that Muskie is the man for the White House! Thank you, and goodnight."

March 21st
Fly to Wisconsin to file for the primary.
Barnstorm in Milwaukee, WI.
Voter registration in Milwaukee, WI.

Muskie for America Endorsers

Representative Melvin Price (IL 24th)
Barnstorm and GOTV in his district.

Representative George Shipley (IL 23rd)

Representative Kenneth Gray (IL 21st)

Muskie for America Past Endorsers

Gov. Warren Hearnes
Barnstorm in Illinois, fundraise in Missouri.

Sen. Stuart Symington
Barnstorm and fundraise Illinois.

Gov. Harold Hughes
Barnstorm, and set up GOTV operation in Wisconsin.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2015, 09:54:55 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2015, 09:56:29 PM by YPestis25 »

Muskie TV Ad

Narrator: John Lindsay, a liberal?

Narrator: John Lindsay, a Democrat?

Narrator: He was a Republican until 1971! Which Lindsay are we going to get? The liberal or the conservative? The Democrat or the Republican?

Narrator: Vote for Muskie March 21st, for the proven Democrat, for proven leadership, in 1972.

To run in Illinois. 
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2015, 10:04:51 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2015, 10:10:08 PM by YPestis25 »

I'll jump on the bandwagon.
Muskie GOTV in Illinois
Reps. George Shipley, and Kenneth Gray will run up the totals in their districts. Muskie canvassers and volunteers will fan out throughout the state, attempting to get out the anti-Daley vote, especially amongst those who do not want Chicago to decide the primary. Rep. Price will also hold numerous GOTV events in his East St. Louis district to increase turnout of African Americans against Yorty. In Springfield buses will be provided to get people to polling locations, and in Chicago, Muskie volunteers will bus people from working class, and ethnic neighborhoods to polling locations, using the Daley machine as a rallying cry, as well as Lindsay's record on unions as Mayor of New York City.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2015, 10:17:27 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2015, 10:24:07 PM by YPestis25 »

Muskie Response to Lindsay's Statement
Mayor Lindsay says he will unite America, and that he has helped working families. Where was this compassionate, unifying Mayor when the teachers of New York were striking for their rights? Where was this compassionate Mayor in the blizzard of '69 where the upper class neighborhoods of Manhattan were being plowed before the other boroughs? He was showing his true loyalty, to those at the top, and not the hard working families which this nation the greatest on Earth.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2015, 08:49:35 PM »

Yep. You see, I spent the past two days buried in textbooks as I prepared for a final exam on Early Medieval history (and god knows I'm traumatized with the amount of Germanic Kings and Roman/Byzantine Emperors to learn). I'm holding a valiant struggle now in an attempt to update, so it will be up soon.

Basil the Bulgar Slayer for the win
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2015, 10:26:59 PM »

Iconoclasm is fascinating. It's hard telling how much artwork was lost in the 8th and 9th centuries.

Muskie Speech on Illinois Results

Thank you Illinois! Thank you! Tonight was not only a victory for this campaign and its supporters, but for the Democratic Party. Tonight we showed the old machines can be beaten. Tonight we showed that your opinion, your decision, your vote, matters more than that of some old party boss. Tonight, we are once again proud to be Democrats. Now on to South Carolina, and on to Minnesota, and on to Missouri and Wisconsin, and on to Miami in July. Thank you and goodnight!
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2015, 05:48:26 PM »

Muskie for America

March 22nd
Barnstorm in Sikeston, MO.
Barnstorm in Kennett, MO.
Union meeting in Cape Girardeau, MO.
"Unions, as I have said before, are the bedrock of the American dream, and without them, our country, and our workers would be unrecognizable."
Fundraiser in Cape Girardeau, MO.

March 23rd
Barnstorm in Perryville, MO.
Rally in St. Genevieve, MO.
Fundraiser in De Soto, MO.

March 24th
Meet civic leaders in Farmington, MO.
College rally in Rolla, MO.
"You are the future of this great nation. you are the soon to be leaders of America. Only with your help can we fulfill this country's great potential ."
Fundraiser in Rolla, MO.

March 25th
Rally in Colombia, MO.
Barnstorm in Boonetown, MO.
Rally in Jefferson City, MO, with Gov. Warren Hearnes.

March 26th
Fundraiser and meeting with leading state legislators in Jefferson City, MO.
Barnstorm in Kansas City, MO.
Rally with Sen. Stuart Symington, in Kansas City, MO.
"Our cities need revitalization! As President I will increase investment into some our poorest urban areas, leading to a brighter future for places like Kansas City!"

March 27th
Barnstorm in Joplin, MO.
Rally in Springfield, MO.
Fundraiser in Springfield, MO.

March 28th
Barnstorm in St. Charles, MO.
Rally in St. Louis, MO.
"Let's show them on April 30th, that we are still front runners this race! Let's show them that we are in this to win it! Thank you and goodnight."
Fundraiser in St. Louis, MO.

March 29th
Barnstorm and GOTV in Columbus, WI.
Barnstorm GOTV in Sun Prairie, WI.
Rally with Rep. Zablocki and GOTV in Milwaukee, WI.
"Thank you all for coming out tonight! Too many of our brave young men have died fighting in that pointless war across the Pacific! Far too many! Nixon promised us peace with honor! Has he delivered? No! As your president, I will deliver. I will ensure that no more American boys are killed on the offensive in South Vietnam. I have seen the horrors of war, and would not wish that upon anyone."

March 30th
Barnstorm and GOTV in Monticello, WI.
Fundraiser in Madison, WI.
Rally in Madison, WI.

March 31st
Barnstorm in Chippewa Falls, WI, with Rep. Obey.
Barnstorm in Ladysmith, WI, with Rep. Obey.
Barnstorm in Eau Claire, WI, with Rep. Obey.

April 1st
Fundraiser in Minneapolis, MN.
Barnstorm and GOTV in Minneapolis, MN.
Rally in St. Paul, MN.

April 2nd
Barnstorm throughout the Iron Range.
Rally in Duluth, MN.
"You hard working union members are the foundation of what makes this country great. You prove each and every day that with hard work, anything is possible. As President, I will always be a friend of the working man, and will always advocate for their protection from the rapaciousness of some of our most wealthy citizens."
Fundraiser in Duluth, MN.

April 3rd
Barnstorm and GOTV in Milwaukee, WI, with Reps. Henry Reuss and Clement Zablocki.
Rally in Northern Milwaukee, WI, with Henry Reuss.
Fundraiser with Henry Reuss.

April 4th
Final GOTV effort in Wisconsin with Milwaukee Reps. Reuss and Zablocki.
Fly to Harrisburg, PA and file for the Pennsylvania Primary.
Fly to Boston, MA and file for the Massachusetts Primary.
Fundraiser in Boston, MA.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2015, 06:17:49 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2015, 06:21:48 PM by YPestis25 »

Muskie Endorsers

Representative Clement Zablocki, Wisconsin 4th
Zablocki will fundraise, and coordinate GOTV efforts in his district.

Representative Henry Reuss, Wisconsin 5th
Reuss will fundraise, and coordinate GOTV efforts in his district.

Representative Dave Obey, Wisconsin 4th
Obey will fundraise, and coordinate GOTV efforts in his district.

Past Muskie Endorsers

Gov. Warren Hearnes
Hearnes will fundraise in Missouri, and attend caucus sites to rally support for Muskie.

Sen. Stuart Symington
Symington will fundraise in Missouri, and attend caucus sites to rally support for Muskie.

Fmr. Sec. of State Dean Rusk
Rusk will travel across Minnesota selling Muskie's plan for Vietnam.

Muskie Organization and GOTV
Staff from Illinois will be moved Muskie offices in Wisconsin. They will target union and immigrant neighborhoods and provide busing to primary sites.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2015, 06:34:10 PM »

Muskie Statement on Mayor Lindsay's Death
John Lindsay and I had our political differences, however despite those, he was first and foremost in my mind a moral and honorable man. I am deeply saddened by his death. The city of New York, the Democratic party and the nation will worse off for his loss.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2015, 09:13:20 PM »

Muskie For America Turn 10

April 7th
Barnstorm in Casper, WY with Rep. Tancriello
Barnstorm in Cheyenne, WY, with Rep. Tancriello
“We as Democrats must decide which route our party will take. Will we stay the party of Kennedy, of Johnson, of Humphrey, or will we be dragged kicking and screaming into the past by the likes of Sam Yorty and George Wallace? Cheyenne deserves better. Wyoming deserves better. America deserves better.”
Fundraiser in Cheyenne, WY.

April 8th
Barnstorm and GOTV in Missoula, MT.
Barnstorm and GOTV in Butte, MT.
Rally and GOTV in Helena, MT.
“Thank you! Thank you all for coming out tonight! Next week you, and numerous other states will make your voices heard in who you want to be our nominee. Will you choose strong leadership, or demagoguery? Will you choose reason, or bigotry? That is your choice to make, and I hope that choice is for Muskie.”

April 9th
Barnstorm and GOTV in Potacello, ID and along Interstate 84 until Boise.
Meet with civic leaders in Boise, ID.
Rally and GOTV in Boise, ID.
“Thank you for the warm welcome! Idaho is a state of hard working, honest people, and as your President, I will work to represent those values in the White House. I will ensure that workers are protected, and that everyone who wishes to work hard, can earn a good living. Next week you have a momentous decision to make, and I hope and pray you consider Muskie that day. Thank you and goodnight.”

April 10th
Fly to Anchorage, AK.
Barnstorm and GOTV in Anchorage, AK.
Rally and GOTV in Juneau, AK.
Fundraiser in Juneau, AK.

April 11th
Fly to Richmond, VA.
Barnstorm and GOTV in Richmond, VA
Barnstorm and GOTV in Norfolk, VA.
Rally in Norfolk, VA.

April 12th
Fundraiser in Richmond, VA.
 Barnstorm in Arlington, VA.
Barnstorm in Alexandria, VA.
“We must come together as Americans and choose steady, proven leadership. A demagogue will not do in the White House. As your presidential nominee, I will represent all Democrats in the White House, both northern and southern, black and white. Now is the time for unity, not division.”

April 13th
Barnstorm in Roanoke, VA.
Barnstorm in Martinsville, VA.
Barnstorm in Bristol, VA.

April 14th
Fly back to Wyoming.
Tour Yellowstone State Park, with press in attendance.
Speech in Jackson, WY.
“We must protect our natural treasures, such as Yellowstone. They are what helps make America the great country that it is today. As President, I would ensure that our drinking water is clean to drink, and that our air is clean to breath.”

April 15th
Barnstorm and GOTV in Great Falls, MT.
Fundraiser in Great Falls, MT.
Barnstorm on Idaho and Montana border.

April 16th
Barnstorm in Kendrick, ID.
Barnstorm in Coeur d'Alene, ID.
Rally in Boise, ID.

April 17th
Barnstorm in Richmond, VA. suburbs.
Fundraiser in Richmond, VA.
Pre-caucus rally in Richmond, VA.
“Tomorrow is a key moment in our campaign for the nomination. Tomorrow eight states cast their votes for the Democratic nomination for the Presidency. Tomorrow is a make or break moment for this campaign. Let's go out and show them tomorrow what we're made of! Thank you and goodnight.”
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2015, 03:59:30 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2015, 09:01:38 PM by YPestis25 »

Muskie Gotv
Alaska
-Appeal to Gravel Supporters (Gravel was a Muskie supporter irl)
-Appeal to mainstream dems in Anchorage and Juneau

Idaho, Wymoning, Montana
-Appeal to moderate western dems
-Former Lindsay supporters
-People turned off by Yorty

Virginia
-Mainstream dems again
-Don't mention busing either way
- Turnout in Industrial Centers

Muskie Endorsers
Wymoning Rep. Toncrellio
-Attend caucus locations in Wyoming and Montana
-Build establishment support for Muskie.

Idaho Governor Cecil Andrus
-Attend caucus locations in Idaho
-Build support among mainstream dems

Past Muskie Endorsers

Gov. Warren Hearnes of Missouri
-Barnstorm throughout Kansas.
-Fundraising in Kansas City, MO.

Sen. Stuart Symington of Missouri
-Barnstorm throughout Kansas.
-Fundraising in St. Louis, MO.

YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2015, 05:18:34 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2015, 06:09:47 PM by YPestis25 »

Muskie Ad
To run in Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Alaska
Narrator: Do you want proven leadership in the White House?
Do you want a man who will stand up for your values?
Do you want a man that can win?
The vote Muskie on your upcoming primaries.

Also, Muskie files for the Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee, Nebraska, West Virginia and North Carolina primaries.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2015, 11:25:10 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2015, 11:31:03 PM by YPestis25 »

So let's say I pull a hail Mary in one of the early primary states this turn. Would that increase my numbers in the upcoming contests even though there isn't a turn in between?
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2015, 07:00:01 PM »

For what it's worth, you've been doing a tremendous job as GM and you're one of the best ones these games have ever had. From past experience I know how much time has to be devoted to a game like this. Keep up the great work!
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2015, 09:46:36 PM »

Muskie For America Endorsers

Governor Milton Shapp of Pennsylvania
-Barnstorm in mid-state Pennsylvania
-Fundraise in Philadelphia and Pittsburg
-Attend GOTV operations throughout his state

Senator Stephen Young of Ohio
-Barnstorm in Cuyahoga County
-Barnstorm in Cincinnati
-Fundraise in Ohio
-Attend GOTV operations throughout Ohio.

Senator Vance Hartke of Indiana
-Barnstorm in Indianapolis
-GOTV throughout Indiana
-Fundraise in Indiana

Mayor Frank Rizzo of Philadelphia
-GOTV in Philadelphia among union members and mainstream democrats
-Register new voters in Philadelphia

Mayor Peter Flaherty of Pittsburgh
-GOTV in Pittsburg among union members and mainstream democrats
-Register new voters in Pittsburgh
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2015, 08:25:42 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2015, 09:53:24 PM by YPestis25 »

Muskie GOTV

Pennsylvania
-Focus on moderate and mainstream democratic union members and ethnic workers in Philadelphia and Pittsburg.
-Focus on mainstream democrats in rural Pennsylvania.
-Provide busing to primary polling places.

Ohio
-Focus on union and ethnic worker turnout in major metropolitan areas.
-GOTV in rural southern Ohio, target democrats turned off by Yorty and Wallace, but not ready to vote for McGovern.

Indiana
-Focus on union and ethnic worker turnout in Indianapolis, Evansville and the East Chicago area.
-Once again turnout moderate democrats in rural Indiana (If any really exist).

And sorry Lumine. I will have my full schedule up shortly.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2015, 09:59:10 PM »

Muskie For America Turn Eleven

April 18th
Barnstorm in Philadelphia, PA.
Meet with Mayor Frank Rizzo for endorsement.
Rally with Mayor Rizzo.
"Thank you Philadelphia! Together we will take back the White House! For too long have the corrosive policies of Richard Nixon torn this nation apart! Together we will heal this country. Together we will win this nomination. Together we will take this primary! Thank you and goodnight!"

April 19th
Fundraiser in Philadelphia, PA.
Barnstorm in Allentown, PA.
Register new voters in Allentown, PA.

April 20th
Meet with Governor Milton Shapp in Harrisburg, PA for endorsement.
Rally and GOTV with Governor Shapp in Harrisburg, PA.
"We must come together as Americans, and not be pulled apart. We cannot let demagogues and ideologues divide us. We as Americans are at our best when we stand united. Vote for a more unified America April 25th, vote for a stronger America April 25th."
Fundraiser in Harrisburg, PA.

April 21st
Barnstorm in Gettysburg, PA with Gov. Shapp.
Barnstorm along Interstate 81 with Gov. Shapp.

April 22nd
Barnstorm in Erie, PA.
Register new voters in Erie, PA.
Fundraise in Erie, PA.

April 23rd
Fly to Burlington, VT.
Barnstorm in Burlington, VT.
Rally in Burlington, VT.
"A victory here will propel us to victory in Ohio, and Indiana, and eventually the nomination itself! Together we will take our party back from the demagogues who are attempting to wrest it from us! Let's show them that the core of the Democratic Party is still strong!"

April 24th
Fly to Pittsburg, PA.
Meet with Mayor Peter Flaherty for his endorsement.
GOTV and barnstorming in Pittsburg, PA.
Fundraiser in Pittsburg, PA.

April 25th
Final events in Harrisburg, PA and Philadelphia, PA.
Watch returns come in in Philadelphia, PA.

April 26th
Fly to Cleveland, OH.
Barnstorm in Cuyahoga Country, OH.
Rally in Cleveland, OH.
Fundraiser in Cleveland, OH.

April 27th
Barnstorm in southern Ohio with Sen. Young.
Meet voters in Marietta, OH.
Meet voters in Gallipolis, OH.
"It is small towns like these which form the fabric of America. Hardworking people like you are what keeps this nation going even when everything else is stagnating, or even reversing. Let's take back the White House together!"

April 28th
Barnstorm in Cincinnati, OH.
GOTV and register new voters in Cincinnati, OH.
Fundraiser in Cincinnati, OH.

April 29th
Drive to Indiana.
Meet voters in Madison, IN.
Meet voters in Sellersburg, Clark City, and New Albany, IN.

April 30th
Barnstorm in Dale, IN.
GOTV in Evansville, IN.
Rally in Evansville, IN.
"Some people may say that our campaign is lagging behind. Let's prove them wrong! Some people may say that the Democratic Party has lost its mind in the mess of ideologues and demagogues. Let's prove them wrong! We are Democrats, not Republicans. We nominate people with real ideas, calm personas, and the ability to affect the change we need in Washington. A vote for me, is a vote for reason, a vote for me is a vote for real change."

May 1st
Meet Senator Hartke in Indianapolis, IN for endorsement.
Barnstorm and GOTV in Indianapolis, IN.
Fundraiser in Indianapolis, IN.

May 2nd
Barnstorm in Hammond, IN with Senator Hartke.
Barnstorm in Gary, IN with Senator Hartke.
Rally in Southbend, IN with Senator Hartke.
"If you want a President who will stand up for the little guy, I am your man. If you want a President who will protect the rights of labor, I am your man. If you want a President with proven leadership which spans beyond just spouting platitudes, I am your man."

I'll have my schedule for the southern contests out tomorrow. Also, Muskie files for the Michigan, Maryland, Oregon, Rhode Island, California and South Dakota primaries.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2015, 11:44:03 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2015, 08:56:37 AM by YPestis25 »

Muskie for America Turn 11, pt. 2

May 3rd
Rally in Chattanooga, TN.
Fundraiser in Chattanooga, TN.
Barnstorm in Nashville, TN.

May 4th
Rally in Nashville, TN.
Fundraiser in Nashville, TN.
Rally in Memphis, TN.

May 5th
Rally in Charlotte, NC.
Fundraiser in Charlotte, NC.
Barnstorm in Durham, NC.

May 6th
Barnstorm in Raleigh, NC.
Barnstorm in Greensboro, NC.
Fundraiser in Raleigh, NC.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2015, 10:25:55 PM »

Could I get mine up late Thursday? I've had a crazy week.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2015, 10:05:28 PM »

Muskie Debate Performance

1.- The Senate has seen a lot of debates on the issue of defense planning and defense spending, and indeed candidates like Senator Muskie, Senator Harris and Senator McGovern have been forced to intervene in said debates. Question to you all, which are your plans regarding defense and how to they differ from the rest of the field?

"My plan differs from the other candidates, because my plan is actually a plan. With our combat forces in Vietnam pulled down to a minimum, our defense spending will naturally go down to much more reasonable levels. I am by no means calling for drastic cuts into our military. Our brave service members deserve the best, and with my plan, funds would continue to go towards ensuring our boys are the best equipped, best trained, and best protected out there. Frankly, some of my colleagues proposals on this stage are simply untenable. Calling for more military action is simply ridiculous and would only seek to increase our already ballooning national deficit."

2.- Welfare is also a theme hotly debated now, increasing calls not only from the conservative Republicans, but also from conservative Democrats, to cut on welfare spending. What are your plans regarding welfare, and can you provide concrete details of the sort of spending and initiatives you would like to see?

"The social safety net established by President Johnson was one of his most significant achievements of his presidency. Through his perseverance we are now seeing people who would otherwise not have access to healthcare being treated in our nation's hospitals. However, we cannot stop there. I am in favor of universal healthcare for all of our citizens, and a large investment into local hospitals, particularly those in rural areas. Someone's access to quality healthcare should not be dependent on where they live, and health equity across our nation is something that we should all strive for."

3.- More and more elected officers of the Democratic Party have come out saying that victory for any of you on the primaries and first ballot of the convention is increasingly unlikely, stressing that this year's DNC could be more chaotic than Chicago 1968. Considering the level of division, who would you like to choose as Vice-President to, so to speak, heal the divide? Would you run with any of the other candidates?

"I would certainly consider running with any of my fellow congressmen on the stage, particularly Senator Harris. Our party has never been more divided, and once this contentious nomination process is over, we must unite to face down Nixon, despite our differences with whoever the eventual nominee is. We as Democrats have more that unite us, than divide us, and we must make a stand for the working people of this great nation."

4.- The Paris Peace talks have all but collapsed as the United States resumes bombing operations in North Vietnam and South Vietnam is under attack. Should the talks be resumed at any cost?

"This war in Vietnam has been horrendous, and must be brought to a close. However, peace at any cost is to vague a statement. Where would we draw the line? Withdraw of American troops from the Pacific? Withdraw of American troops from South Korea? Of course not. An end to this war is of course an absolute priority for a future Muskie administration, however we cannot destroy our position on the world stage, in pursuit of that end."

1.- To Senator Muskie: Senator, the past weeks have seen your campaign lose several friendly states and take a major hit in the polls, a stark comparison to your earlier days as the frontrunner. Do you still believe you have what it takes to win the nomination despite these setbacks?

"Absolutely I do. The measure of a true leader is not perfection, not at all. The measure of a true leader is learning from one's past mistakes. The campaign I was running during the winter was a mess. I will be the first to acknowledge that. I took your nomination for granted. I ran a campaign based solely off of my electability, and that is all on me. I have learned from my losses. I am now running a campaign based off ideas, and based off my long held ideals. And I trust, once those ideas are heard, our campaign will go into the convention with several strong showing in the late primaries."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies