Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:12:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 108511 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2016, 11:44:47 PM »

I've got our remaining ads on the way since Sanchez is away at the moment.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2016, 11:55:42 PM »

Nixon Campaign TV Ad: Leadership

Leadership is about courage.

It's about taking challenges head on and unafraid.

Leadership is about conviction.

Leading with honor and passion is how a nation thrives.

Leadership is about opening doors and forging new alliances.

A true leader has a vision for America, taking it to new heights. That man is Richard Nixon.

This election, vote for leadership.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2016, 12:24:12 AM »

[Gotta replay this ad for now, not enough time Tongue]

Nixon Campaign Ad: Fellow American

I stand before you as a fellow American.

We live in extraordinary and challenging times. Make no mistake: this nation has gone through much turmoil in the last few years.

When I came into office, people were rioting in the streets. Blood was shed often.

But we as a nation could no longer tolerate that. We stood on principle and we went back to work.

This administration has worked from day one to stop the violence in the streets and truly restore peace.

Parents should let their children go to school without worrying what will happen. Communities and businesses should thrive.

It has been a long road, but as your President, I am honored to have played a role in healing our nation's wounds. Let's keep working together to make the United States better than ever.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2016, 03:48:21 AM »

Would a one-day extension be okay? It gives us more breathing room to follow tonight's primary results, too. Tongue
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2016, 03:51:23 AM »

Would a one-day extension be okay? It gives us more breathing room to follow tonight's primary results, too. Tongue
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2016, 09:17:47 PM »

Sam Yorty Campaign Schedule: September 16-22

September 16
-Town Hall in Moody, AL
-Town Hall in Pell City, AL
-Town Hall in Selma, AL
-Rally in Tuscaloosa, AL
-Rally and Voter Registration in Montgomery, AL

You look around you, and what do you see? Your see your kids in your communities being subject to a social experiment gone wrong. The verdict is clear on busing: it doesn't work. Some pointy-headed intellectuals and radical activists may want to continue ramming busing down the throats of the American people, but I'm here to tell you that enough is enough! President Nixon knows that busing is a failed policy and he's the only one who can bring this failed policy to an end once and for all. It takes guts and some determination, but a little work goes a long way. We can start by making the right choice this election. This is about our future--our children's future. If we don't make the right choice this year, we may never get rid of programs like busing.

September 17
-Town Hall in Laurel, MS
-Town Hall in Oxford, MS
-Meeting with workers in Gulfport, MS
-Rally in Meridian, MS
-Rally and Voter Registration in Jackson, MS

September 18
-Town Hall in Estelle, LA
-Town Hall in Belle Chase, LA
-Meeting with union members in Lafayette, LA
-Meeting with grassroots activists in Shreveport, LA
-Rally and Voter Registration in Baton Rogue, LA

A lot of voters in this part of the country are enthused with Congressman Schmitz. They think he's a breath of fresh air and will really shake things up in Washington. While I understand the appeal, Congressman Schmitz is not the man who should lead this great nation. He's thrown around wild accusations and expects no consequences from them. He's called our own president a communist multiple times, for goodness sake! Say what you will about Richard Nixon, but the man is a patriot who's worked his entire career to fight communism and other poisonous ideologies. Schmitz throws out the red meat every day on the campaign trail but will disappoint you every day in office. He would be a disaster in a real position of power. As a congressman, he can bloviate all he wants, but these presidential elections have consequences. The Nixon-Yorty ticket is about really helping the working man and restoring our power around the globe. I ask that you consider us for your vote when November arrives.

September 19
-Town Hall in Berea, KY
-Town Hall in Newport, KY
-Meeting with union members in Owensboro, KY
-Meeting with small business owners in Lexington, KY
-Rally and Voter Registration in Bowling Green, KY

VOTER: Mayor, I'm a Democrat but I'm undecided. What can you say to a voter like myself to show that you and the President will be the best ticket to lead the country?

YORTY: I'm glad you asked me that question. As a Democrat until very recently, let me respond. *chuckles* To be clear, although I left the party, I have nothing against regular Democrats like yourself. Nothing at all. In fact, it might be more accurate to say that the party left me. The party establishment, now controlled by radical elites, doesn't really know the concerns of working men and women--the same people I've always stood for. What President Nixon and I want to do is reach out to the working class, the people who have been ignored for the most part for many years. We want to protect your jobs, improve your children's education, and scrub crime in the cities. I think these are things that we should all agree on. The difference between President Nixon and someone like Senator Muskie is that Senator Muskie doesn't have the solutions to make any of this better. The Nixon administration wants to give Middle America a seat at the table so we know what we have to do and how we're going to do it. We're bringing in Republicans, but also Democrats, independents, and everyone in between. That's the only way we're going to solve our country's big problems, and it can be done.

September 20
-Meeting with farmers in Allen, TX
-Meeting with small business owners in Austin, TX
-Meeting with grassroots activists in Fort Worth, TX
-Meeting with pastors and religious leaders in Dallas, TX
-Rally and Voter Registration in San Antonio, TX

September 21
-Town Hall in Webb City, MO
-Town Hall in St. Ann, MO
-Meeting with farmers in Wildwood, MO
-Meeting with grassroots activists in Florissant, MO
-Rally and Voter Registration in Springfield, MO

September 22
-Town Hall in Pekin, IL
-Town Hall in Romeoville, IL
-Meeting with factory workers in Elgin, IL
-Meeting with union leaders in Springfield, IL
-Rally and Voter Registration in Aurora, IL

Make no mistake: this election is not one to skip. We've got to work together to win this thing. We need young and old, male and female, black and white to show just how much of a force the American people can be this year. So, get involved in this campaign now. Knock on doors, make those phone calls, and spread the word wherever else you can. We have the opportunity to continue to rebuild our nation after the horrors of the '60s, but it isn't going to happen if we suddenly change course just when real progress is being made. Remember that the next time Ed Muskie comes around here and begs for your vote.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2016, 10:38:29 PM »

Sam Yorty on the Schmitz Campaign's Anti-Yorty Advertisement

What does Congressman Schmitz try to gain by implying that I'm some kind of communist? This ad is completely ridiculous. I would like to remind Americans that I was one of the very first in Congress to push for a crackdown on Soviet spies within government. I've been one of the strongest anti-communist voices in this country for years and I'll continue to stand up for American freedom and democracy at every turn.

This sort of slander is nothing new from the Congressman, though. He's accused the President of being a communist multiple times in the past. These increasingly desperate calls for attention are pitiful and I trust that the American people won't fall for them.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2016, 11:03:25 PM »

Nixon Campaign TV Ad: Temper

Calm. Cool. Collected.

These are qualities expected of any president.

Ed Muskie wants to become president, but does he meet these expectations?

Senate aides have described him as having a "hot temper."

Senator Muskie lashed out in anger after facing scandals in New Hampshire this year.

When the moment counts and the U.S. sits down with the Soviets, will a President Muskie handle the pressure?

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2016, 12:12:36 AM »

PRESS RELEASE: NIXON CAMPAIGN ANNOUNCES NEW HIRES FROM YORTY CAMPAIGN

Today, the Nixon campaign has recruited a dozen top operatives from the Sam Yorty campaign. Veterans of the brutal and long-lasting Democratic primaries, these operatives will be working in the upper ranks of the President's reelection bid to bring in a surge of voters nationwide. Using their intricate knowledge of GOTV effort, the Yorty veterans will be bolstering campaign operations in battleground states through a variety of the same innovative methods used to propel Mayor Yorty to the highest amount of delegates in the primaries. These states include:

Ohio
Indiana
Vermont
Delaware
New Hampshire
Iowa
Missouri
Texas
New York
Pennsylvania
Alabama
Louisiana
Mississippi
Oregon
Washington
New Jersey

Efforts on the ground to revamp organization are already underway. Currently the Nixon campaign has been making great strides to reach out to grassroots activists across the country and provide them with the resources to motivate committed voters and persuade undecided voters.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #159 on: March 19, 2016, 07:34:00 PM »

I ask for an extension for your benefit!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #160 on: March 21, 2016, 12:35:59 PM »

Sam Yorty Campaign Schedule: September 23-30

September 23
-Town Hall in West Memphis, AR
-Town Hall in Forrest City, AR
-Town Hall in Hot Springs Village, AR
-Meeting with factory workers in Springsdale, AR
-Meeting with local activists in Jonesboro, AR

You and your family might have anxiety about your jobs, about how you'll put food on the table for your kids. A lot of you may have faced hard times throughout your lives. I know how it feels. When I grew up, my family didn't have a whole lot of money. I had to work plenty of part-time jobs in my formative years so we could get by. What we did have was a whole lot of love. The President was the same: He was just a little Quaker kid without much but a loving and supportive family. This administration wants to protect the family, grow people's wages, and give children access to the opportunities that led President Nixon and I to where we are. It can be done, folks, and all it takes is a team effort. That team is the United States of America. We're really all in this together if you think about it, no matter who you are.

September 24
-Town Hall in Malvern, AR
-Town Hall in Centerton, AR
-Town Hall in Mountain Home, AR
-Rally and Voter Registration in Rogers, AR
-Rally and Voter Registration in North Little Rock, AR

Many of you here might be tempted by Congressman Schmitz. I understand that. In a year with a lot of anger, he might be pretty appealing. Here's the thing, though: Schmitz can't win. He can have the South all locked up and lose in a landslide in every other state. If you want to bring the biggest bang for your buck with your vote, you have only two choices. Now, you can look at a guy like Ed Muskie: pro-busing, weak on crime, weak on national security. Not so great, right? Luckily, you have one choice left, and that's the President. For all our challenges, here's a man who's stood firm and worked every day to bring about real changes. He'll work to halt busing and improve your kid's education. He wants more police on the streets, not more appeasement. Also, he's the only man with a vision for this country on the world stage. Laying it all out, I think the choice is pretty clear. We'll be strong once more if you elect President Nixon to another four years.

September 25
-Town Hall in DeSoto, TX
-Town Hall in Flower Mound, TX
-Meeting with ranchers in Grand Prairie, TX
-Meeting with local activists in Plano, TX
-Rally and Voter Registration in El Paso, TX

Gotta say, Muskie's team has been giving a strong effort here in the Lone Star State. You know what that means, though? Y'all have to work twice as hard as before! We have neighborhoods out there that have barely been touched by past campaigns. We have thousands and thousands of people here in the state who likely have never voted and never gotten the proper motivation. This election, we have to give them that motivation! This campaign is about pushing our way back to a strong, secure, and optimistic nation. We have our opponents to the left and right of us. They may have biting words, but what they don't have is leadership. That's what we need more than anything right now. So, please, I ask of all of you to get out there and make this campaign count! Thank you!

September 26
-Town Hall in Moline, IL
-Town Hall in Buffalo Grove, IL
-Town Hall in Carol Stream, IL
-Rally and Voter Registration in Waukegan, IL
-Rally and Voter Registration in Rockford, IL

Here in Illinois, I see the same troubles that I see across the country. It may be a few shades different, but Americans all want to see high-paying jobs, safe streets, and quality schools. President Nixon inherited quite a mess when he took over four years ago, we can't deny that. Think about what he's had to juggle: a war in Vietnam, social unrest, massive inflation, and a whole host of other problems on top. No one man can make things perfect, folks, but I've seen President Nixon up close and he understands where we have to go from here. You see, we can't afford to change course now that we're beginning to pick up again. You listen to Ed Muskie rail against the administration every day, but ask yourself this: What's his plan? Where are his details? What kind of record does he have? He says "get out of Vietnam" but doesn't go much deeper than that. He wants quality healthcare for everyone--and we all do! But, again, what's the meat behind that? I look at Senator Muskie's record and I see a guy who promises a lot but just can't deliver. Let's not make the mistake of electing another one of those fellas in Washington!

September 27
-Town Hall in Clayton, MO
-Town Hall in Concord, MO
-Town Hall in Old Jamestown, MO
-Meeting with farmers in Florissant, MO
-Meeting with union leaders in St. Louis, MO

September 28
-Town Hall in Coos Bay, OR
-Town Hall in Central Point, OR
-Meeting with ranchers in Grants Pass, OR
-Meeting with local activists in Eugene, OR
-Rally and Voter Registration in Portland, OR

Hello, Oregon! I wanna begin by saying this: All too often we see divides in our country. We have big-city politicians who don't give a hoot about the farmer or about other working men. They don't know them, they don't see them, but they think they can dictate how their lives are run. I want to tell you right here that you've had enough of that! Now, some of you may be skeptical and say, "Gosh, Yorty, how can a guy like Richard Nixon relate to me?" Well, he grew up not too far away from here, in rural California. He didn't have much at all when he was a young one. He grew up on a ranch with his parents and many siblings. They were dirt poor and hardship was everywhere. With determination and a little bit of luck, he was able to escape that cycle of poverty and make something of himself. So, when I see our opponents attack Nixon as some sort of out-of-touch elitist, always remember that people aren't far from their roots. He understands you and he wants to give this country opportunities so that you and your children can really live this American dream.

September 29
-Town Hall in Hazel Dell, WA
-Town Hall in Centralia, WA
-Town Hall in Graham, WA
-Meeting with local activists in Belleuve, WA
-Rally and Voter Registration in Vancouver, WA

September 30
-Town Hall in Stevens Point, WI
-Town Hall in Mequon, WI
-Meeting with activists in Racine, WI
-Meeting with union leaders in Green Bay, WI
-Rally and Voter Registration in Kenosha, WI

I saw Mr. Meany's comments earlier about the race. I'm glad he complimented my record as well as our friends in the Democratic Party. That should tell you that everywhere you look, this race is far from over. Some of the pundits in the media may assume that labor is all locked up for Democrats like usual, but like many events this year, conventional wisdom has been thrown out the window! Look, the President and I are reaching out to all Americans because we represent all of you once we're in the White House. We can't turn a blind eye just because you don't tend to support us. This administration wants to protect and strengthen standards in the workplace so that workers get a fair shake. This doesn't mean that we have to be hostile to business at the same time, though. Too many believe it's either-or, but we've been looking to find a balance and we'll continue to do that if you give us four more years. Reach out to your buddies at work and in your unions, spread the message about this campaign. We stand firmly behind working Americans.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #161 on: March 21, 2016, 10:34:32 PM »

Nixon Campaign Organization Update

The Nixon campaign is currently seeing a mini-surge of new volunteers joining the campaign nationwide following a week of negative momentum over at the Muskie campaign. To compensate, the campaign has been instructing volunteers on how they can help out in their respective states. Whether it is door-to-door, phone banking, or posting flyers, the message is simple: Get the word out about President Nixon's record and contrast his record with that of Muskie's. In particular, the campaign is focusing on bringing voters' attention to how Muskie has been vague on his plans across the board, demonstrating a lack of seriousness. Meanwhile, efforts are also being made underway to peel back voters who have shifted to Schmitz in the South. The campaign is targeting Schmitz supporters by pointing out their candidate's inability to win the general election, reverting the choice back to two tickets, only one of which is acceptable to most of these voters.

Areas of concentration: every swing state, Texas, New York, West Virginia
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2016, 10:38:52 PM »

Sanchez just came back from a concert and I just came back from an exam, so hey Tongue
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2016, 11:14:35 PM »

Nixon Campaign TV Ad: Temper

Calm. Cool. Collected.

These are qualities expected of any president.

Ed Muskie wants to become president, but does he meet these expectations?

Senate aides have described him as having a "hot temper."

Senator Muskie lashed out in anger after facing scandals in New Hampshire this year.

When the moment counts and the U.S. sits down with the Soviets, will a President Muskie handle the pressure?

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2016, 02:33:41 PM »

We'll definitely need more time on this. The VP debate questions haven't even been posted yet.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2016, 03:51:48 PM »

Yeah, sorry. I'll try to get up some of my stuff this weekend. This is what happens when we don't have concrete deadlines. Tongue
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #166 on: July 02, 2016, 12:31:12 AM »

Let's play!

I'm not picky on how to end it, but seeing as everyone else is saying four turns, that's fine with me too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies