The Convention for Agreement on Regional Consolidation in Atlasia (Voting)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:12:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Convention for Agreement on Regional Consolidation in Atlasia (Voting)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Convention for Agreement on Regional Consolidation in Atlasia (Voting)  (Read 6999 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 26, 2015, 04:33:23 PM »
« edited: September 01, 2015, 09:32:03 AM by Mideast Governor windjammer »

Two years ago, Adam Griffin and other members tried to consolidate the regions. Unfortunately it failed. Now that inactivty is a big problem (and with all the defections), I'm restarting this.

How we will proceed. Firstly, people who wish to consolidate the maps, please sign up. When there will be enough members, people will start proposing their map (three region map, four region map etc etc) and then we will select the "map".

For more informations, read the previous thread 2 years ago: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=179784.0

FIRST STEP: PLEASE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO CONSOLIDATE THE REGIONS, SIGN UP.

xWindjammer

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 04:36:54 PM »

The problem is, of course, that some region are working just fine (Mideast comes to mind here) and some are, despite best efforts of those involved, going static (Pacific).
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 04:57:34 PM »

The problem is, of course, that some region are working just fine (Mideast comes to mind here) and some are, despite best efforts of those involved, going static (Pacific).
You can still sign up Tongue
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 05:19:03 PM »

X Harry S Truman

That depends on your definition of "fine". If all that matters is keeping the Regional government fully staffed, then the Mideast, Northeast, and South are doing fairly well; if your goal is competition at the Regional level, they're barely scraping by. Though the Mideast has been able to keep 4 of 5 seats in the Assembly filled over the past seven months, it has struggled to find enough candidates for competitive elections (this month was the first in which there were more candidates than available seats, and two of those were write-in options). The Northeast has had similar struggles recently, and the last legislative election in the South drew 2 candidates for 3 seats. Consolidation won't solve all our problems, but a larger pool of voters is almost certain to lead to more competitive elections. I therefore support a 3 Region plan.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 09:30:51 PM »

X rpryor03
pikachu
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 10:12:12 PM »

x pikachu

It's become quite obvious that we can't have 5 regions functioning well at the same time. At this point, a more streamlined Atlasia is necessary for its survival.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 10:36:55 PM »

X New Canadaland
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 05:14:56 AM »

x Cris

If there will be a ConCon, I'm sure that this map will be debated by the delegates.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 05:27:51 AM »

x Kalwejt

Given the situation, I think we ought to have a very open mind, perhaps something along these lines:

Red: North
Blue: South
Green: West

(Puerto Rico is in the South; Oceania is in the West)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 06:01:28 AM »

X DC
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 06:39:48 AM »

x Classic Conservative
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 07:15:45 AM »

x Simfan
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 08:04:03 AM »

xVega
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 09:52:39 AM »

Why do we keep recycling this moronic idea?  The idea that the problems of Atlasia can be solved by perpetuating the structures of Atlasia is clearly insane to me, under that definition of insanity that goes "trying the same thing twice and expecting a different result each time".
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 12:42:06 PM »

This does not have my signature. I oppose this because the regions are too different to consolidate. We need to look into better ways to do things as is, rather than lumping everything together.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 01:00:29 PM »

This does not have my signature. I oppose this because the regions are too different to consolidate.
How so? A statute reboot would eliminate any legal differences between the consolidated areas, and I don't think cultural quirks (like the different state names in the MW) are an insurmountable boundary to consolidation.

We need to look into better ways to do things as is, rather than lumping everything together.
Such as? The current system is clearly not working. Regional inactivity is not a new issue, and I fail to see how we can sustain five active Regions in the current climate.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 02:57:50 PM »

x Gass3268
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 05:06:57 PM »

x Marokai
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 05:23:22 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2015, 09:24:46 PM by Senator Polnut »

x Polnut

This vote is to support the discussion and debate. But there MUST be more to this than tinkering with maps.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 08:48:58 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2015, 09:06:39 PM by vivaportugalhabs »

I think politically each has its own separate legacy and climate that might be harmed by consolidation.

How to reform it? Make things more accessible to newbies. I don't know specifically how that might be done, as I myself do not have a terrible amount of experience, but it's a suggestion. Possibly keeping the wiki up to date on more things would help? 
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2015, 09:42:10 PM »

I think politically each has its own separate legacy and climate that might be harmed by consolidation.

How to reform it? Make things more accessible to newbies. I don't know specifically how that might be done, as I myself do not have a terrible amount of experience, but it's a suggestion. Possibly keeping the wiki up to date on more things would help? 

Well, yes, consolidation would alter the political climate of the Regions. Seeing as things are pretty terrible right now, I consider that a good thing.

Accessibility is certainly something we should strive for, and it was with that in mind that I drafted and fought to pass the Fix the Constitution Amendment and the Accessible Statute Act as a member of the Mideast Assembly. But to suggest that poor record keeping is the source of the current crisis is frankly naive and ignores the much deeper issues plaguing Atlasia. People like Nix and Hagrid did not leave because the wiki was not kept up to date.

As someone who joined Atlasia in January, started a newspaper within a day of registering, and was elected to the Assembly two months later, I can testify that it is perfectly possible for new citizens to get involved in the current climate. More troubling are the many structural instabilities facing Atlasia: shrinking populations in the Pacific and Midwest, a stagnant party system, an excessive number of offices, and a dearth of true ideological competition, to name a few. Like it or not, we are entering a period of decreased interest in the game and we must tighten our belts accordingly; consolidation is the best and most efficient way to do this.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 03:07:38 AM »

This does not have my signature. I oppose this because the regions are too different to consolidate. We need to look into better ways to do things as is, rather than lumping everything together.

I was in favour of keeping 5 regions until some time ago, but really... believe me. It's impossible keeping 5 regions.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 04:43:48 AM »

I suggest holding referendums in the Midwest and Pacific to consolidate them. They would probably agree to that. Then we'll see what 4 regions would do for us, and if that doesn't work, I'd jump on the bandwagon/fire engine for 3 regions as well.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 06:25:34 AM »

I suggest holding referendums in the Midwest and Pacific to consolidate them. They would probably agree to that. Then we'll see what 4 regions would do for us, and if that doesn't work, I'd jump on the bandwagon/fire engine for 3 regions as well.
Well,
Just to be clear,
This "convention" isn't only for three regions maps, you will be able to propose four regions maps if you wish to and advocate for it.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 09:42:51 AM »

This is ridiculous.  Someone, anyone, dear God, please, tell me why continuing the current form of government would help anything.  The Titanic is sinking and you're talking about throwing a couple of chairs overboard.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies