GOP donor calls for debate boycott if Trump included
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 03:35:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  GOP donor calls for debate boycott if Trump included
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: GOP donor calls for debate boycott if Trump included  (Read 4097 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2015, 07:59:20 PM »

It's not enought that these scumbags buy individual candidates; now they openly want a veto power on the campaign process.

My mind's now made up.  I'm a registered Republican who liked Trump, but was unsure as to whether not not I really wanted him as a President.  Now, I'm on board to stick it to these rich pieces of crap who want to buy our democracy.  Trump needs to win and the Rich Lowlife Donor Class needs to lose.

Your a RINO if you support Trump.

You're. Jesus.

Wow. Okay, sorry "you're a RINO if you support Trump."

There's no such thing as a RINO.  If you're a Republican, then you're a ing Republican.  You'd have to be a completely moronic hack to agree with the RNC on every single issue.

Well, I'm a "RINO" in the sense that while I am a registered Republican, I am a truly independent voter.  But the fact that in Florida, I am a REGISTERED Republican means I am part of the GOP Presidential Primary electorate.  And I show up and vote in the Republican Primary without fail.

In that sense, Rockefeller GOP gets it.  A Republican is a guy who's eligible to be part of their primary electorate.  If I were a registered Independent (in Florida), I wouldn't be a Republican; I'd be an Independent.  If I were a registered Democrat (in Florida), it wouldn't matter if I were one of those old fashioned Southern Conservative Democrats who vote in local Democratic primaries, but never voted Democratic for President; I WOULDN'T be a Republican because I wouldn't be part of the GOP Primary Electorate.

Being part of the GOP Primary Electorate means that I am a voter who actually shapes the GOP.  I shape it by my vote.  I shape it when a pollster calls me and I identify myself as a Republican.  I'm part of the Republican Party that isn't down with the GOP line point for point.  And there are others like me.  And we're not going to leave and become Independents and disenfranchise ourselves just for the sake of "purity" or "regularity". 
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2015, 08:16:07 PM »

Excellent. The GOP deserves to lose. I applaud Trump for this.

The GOP's punishment must be more severe.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies