The Social Liberals (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:31:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  The Social Liberals (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Social Liberals  (Read 18135 times)
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« on: July 21, 2015, 03:39:48 PM »

I'm in.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 04:33:06 PM »

Hmmm I'm not sure, in a parliamentary system the two are often the one in the same. You could have a parliamentary leader and a chairman.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 04:19:18 PM »

I'm personally a fan of the Liberty Bird. There's already a green one in existence.

BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 03:41:06 PM »

Aye
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 04:51:07 AM »

I'll stand for the Party Executive.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 03:18:24 PM »

Deputy Leader

[X] Blair

[  ] SJoyce
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 01:12:38 AM »

I nominate myself for the party list.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 01:15:18 AM »

1. BaconBacon96
2. Blair
3. Barnes
4. Vega
5. X
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 03:01:28 AM »

Fellow members. I'm proud to be standing before this conference today, as a part of a party that has already achieved so much in so little time. Our nation's first government is on track to completing what has already been a highly successful term, with our new constitution and our successful confrontation of the FARC terrorists that have plagued us for so long.

Yet, my friends, there is much work to be done. Our mission, as Social Liberals, is to strike the balance between individual liberty and social justice. We recognize the ability of the market economy to empower and engage people like nothing else yet we also acknowledge the very legitimate role government must play in ensuring fairness and in protecting the basic human rights and decency of all people. These rights extend to the living conditions of our citizens. A right to an education, a right to healthcare and ultimately a right to an adequate standard of living.

Our understanding of liberalism- social liberalism, mandates us to protect not only the civil and political rights of South Americans but also these vital economic rights. We must make progress on combating the socioeconomic challenges that continue to pervade us. As a party of human rights, the human rights of all, we must work towards improving the living standards of all in our society but in particular the disadvantaged, the marginalized and the vulnerable.

This is why I am urging the following commitments be placed in our party platform:

• Introduction of universal healthcare, leaving not a single man woman or child without access to healthcare services
  • Guaranteed free education up to the end of secondary schooling for all children
  • The eventual implementation of a social safety net, including pensions for the retired and assistance for the unemployed, low-income households and the disabled
  • Provision of adequate mental health services
  • A commitment to combat homelessness throughout South America

These pledges are broad and lacking policy detail, I admit, but at this early stage we cannot afford to get bogged down arguing over the minutiae of policy. We must take a stand for the principles we believe in and by incorporating these important principles into our manifesto we will be mandated to hold ourselves to our commitment to including those on the margins of society and indeed helping all of our citizens prosper. These reforms are not just aimed at the vulnerable, they are aimed at all who can benefit from an adequate social safety net.

I am a pragmatist and a realist and yes I understand that our Conservative Party allies in government may not share these priorities right now. Nonetheless, we should aim to implement what measures we can in this term of Parliament and continue our agenda into the next term, regardless of whoever is in power then. And if all goes to plan and this government continues on the path which it is headed, I am confident that we can be power again, which will give us the best opportunity to advance our agenda of improving the lives and protecting the rights of all South Americans.

Thank you.

BaconBacon96, Party Executive
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 05:45:26 AM »

I motion the following policies be added to the platform, under section one, A society that works for all

• We will introduce a comprehensive program providing for readily accessibly mental health services for South Americans
  • We will commit to battling the scourge of homelessness through social housing and support for emergency shelters, among other methods

I motion that the section one, line 2 (education) be amended to read the following-

• We will standardize the system of education into a national program and ensure that education is free and completely accessible up to the end of secondary schooling, making sure that every child can get an equal chance.  We understand that communities work best on the local level, and will seek to partner with existing school authorities on a basis of mutual respect.

I also motion that the following policy be added to the platform under section three, Leadership in a changing world

• We will commit to investment in and the development of renewable energy for South America's future, ending our reliance on limited and environmentally harmful sources of power
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 02:09:18 AM »

I nominate for the party list.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 07:24:40 PM »

1. BaconBacon96
2. Barnes
3. Vega
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »

I nominate myself for the Party Executive and I second Barnes' nomination for Party Chairman.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies