Office of GM Foucaulf - POLICY AGENDA POSTED (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:41:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Office of GM Foucaulf - POLICY AGENDA POSTED (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of GM Foucaulf - POLICY AGENDA POSTED  (Read 5240 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: July 20, 2015, 03:01:38 PM »

Location. I still want to start up the scenario in a more dystopian version of America, but location is something Parliament should decide. I just don't want to see a totally fictitious location - roleplaying isn't the goal here yet.

so like america a couple years after overthrowing a fascist regime, for example?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 12:59:40 PM »

what about a mid-80s federated europe? dealing with the collapse of the ussr could be fun

20 constituencies between around 6-8m population in 1980. could add one for overseas territories
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 12:43:35 AM »

hashemite what are the names of the constituencies? and i'd like to claim the southern argentinan one if that's ok
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 10:35:18 AM »

Okay, here's the deal with the first election. I thought it would be a good idea to have everyone in the game run for a seat, but I'm an idiot. That would just lead to everyone voting for themselves.

The plan I raised in IRC was this: for our first election, we just run a national party list. It still has the same problem as everyone voting for themselves, but the intrigue that matters is the list order. In other words, people need to join parties and figure out who should get elected and who shouldn't.

We can "apportion" out the constituencies once the election's over. Party list leaders have priority in choosing a seat. Registration by constituency for all will also be available.

Thoughts?

i like the idea in principle but i was planning on forming a localist party which i guess wouldn't work all that well under that system
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies