Office of GM Foucaulf - POLICY AGENDA POSTED
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:20:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Office of GM Foucaulf - POLICY AGENDA POSTED
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Office of GM Foucaulf - POLICY AGENDA POSTED  (Read 4892 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2015, 01:14:35 AM »

Also don't forget that there's always the option of REFORM within the game, much as there is in a lot of r/l countries (c.f. Italy). A future populist party could easily incorporate constituencies into its platform, etc.

Precisely.  Once we have a good framework ready, I think we're all interested in getting the game moving.  Further issues can be addressed down the road, and can lead to interesting party positions based around said proposals.

Also, with reference to the cabinet, keep it as small as manageable (this lies within the discretion of the PM as well, of course) so as to allow a nice amount of government backbenches plotting a midnight coup.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2015, 08:44:25 PM »

In hindsight, I wish we were playing an Anglophone settler colony in Patagonia.
Foucaulf
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2015, 09:01:47 PM »

While Parliament continues to hammer out specifics, I've been slacking off for a bit. Sorry about that.

Between now and the election, anyone should feel free to ask in this thread the game's status quo policies. I gave a partial answer in Hash's thread, but that seems to have died out.

Without getting too pedantic, the setup will involve parliament trying to pass policies that will be applied throughout the continent; think of it as playing a unitary state. The status quo, however, would be that each South American country keeps its own policy on an issue until legislation is passed. I'll present the categories these policies fall into when creating policy briefings, and MPs can take them into account in whatever way they choose.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2015, 09:28:07 PM »

Yeah, I was really hoping we'd go with something more along the lines of the last mock parliament, but I am not disappointed with the current make up of the game.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2015, 12:34:10 PM »

Yeah, I was really hoping we'd go with something more along the lines of the last mock parliament, but I am not disappointed with the current make up of the game.

Maybe it's not too late...?
Foucaulf
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2015, 11:56:41 PM »

Citizens of South America,

Sorry for my radio silence the past week. Work takes up time, and not seeing any policy requests in here isn't a good motivator.

Now that an election is imminent, it's about time I figure out policies we could start on. As a reminder, as of now my agenda involves writing policy briefs, at least one a week. Each will detail current national policies in South America on a certain subject. The policy briefs serve both as a canonical description of the game's status quo as well as a document that informs parliamentary debate.

Looking at the five major parties' platforms, I think I'll take on the following agenda:

• Immigration policies, and the obstacles to a continential citizenship law.
  • Views and attitudes on the renationalization of certain industries.
  • Reestablishing relationships with the (former) United States.
  • The status of abortion.
  • Social welfare schemes for the poor, universal or means-tested.

Once cabinet is formed, I will also contact them and provide them with exclusive information.

In Unity and Freedom.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2015, 10:14:30 AM »

Sounds good!

Could we also get information on same-sex marriage, legalization of various  drugs, and the death penalty?
Foucaulf
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2015, 01:50:27 PM »

Sounds good!

Could we also get information on same-sex marriage, legalization of various  drugs, and the death penalty?

I imagine it'll take me two weeks to write up what I listed. I'll gladly put those on the docket after the first five, but in the meantime anyone should feel free to propose topics.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2015, 02:11:24 PM »

Excellent work so far. I think it would be best for the incoming governemnt (whomever that may turn out to be) to concentrate on the economic situation first and foremost and leave the social issues (abortion, etc) for another day.

We need to figure out just how our economy is functioning now and with whom we want to focus trade talks. In particular, an emphasis on expanding BRICS as a new economic powerhouse would be fascinating to play. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies