Provisional Parliament: Voting on Amendment
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:01:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Provisional Parliament: Voting on Amendment
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]
Author Topic: Provisional Parliament: Voting on Amendment  (Read 21350 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: August 11, 2015, 09:34:22 AM »

Aye.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #401 on: August 11, 2015, 09:56:16 AM »

The vote has passed.

And that concludes the Provisional Parliament, ladies and gents.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #402 on: August 11, 2015, 10:15:29 AM »

The vote has passed.

I'd say it went well. A little rushed, here and there, but it got the job done. That guy with the yellow GA avatar needed to shut up, but most members were pretty good.

Anyways, I think I speak for all of us when I say: let's do this!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #403 on: August 11, 2015, 10:19:23 AM »

The vote has passed.

I'd say it went well. A little rushed, here and there, but it got the job done. That guy with the yellow GA avatar needed to shut up, but most members were pretty good.

Speaking of yourself in third person really doesn't make you any more likeable.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #404 on: August 11, 2015, 10:51:02 AM »

The vote has passed.

Eh, I generally find self-deprecating humor makes people more likeable, although I wasn't really trying to improve my likeability. I was just trying to make a joke in that sentence--the main point of the post was stating my opinion that the Provisional Parliament was successful in it's job, and to voice eagerness in starting the real thing.

I'm not sure what purpose critiquing my posts does, but hey, whatever floats your boat, I guess.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #405 on: August 11, 2015, 11:50:39 AM »

The vote has passed.

Eh, I generally find self-deprecating humor makes people more likeable, although I wasn't really trying to improve my likeability. I was just trying to make a joke in that sentence--the main point of the post was stating my opinion that the Provisional Parliament was successful in it's job, and to voice eagerness in starting the real thing.

I'm not sure what purpose critiquing my posts does, but hey, whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Well, if that was a joke, then we really have quite a different sense of humour.

Does critiquing needs a specific purpose? Is it not more acquainting someone of your opinion on a certain action of your opposite? The case could be made that such is a purpose, in which case we have found that specific purpose you were speaking of, but that should be left to every one's individual interpretation, should it not?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #406 on: August 11, 2015, 12:28:51 PM »

Well, if that was a joke, then we really have quite a different sense of humour.

Does critiquing needs a specific purpose? Is it not more acquainting someone of your opinion on a certain action of your opposite? The case could be made that such is a purpose, in which case we have found that specific purpose you were speaking of, but that should be left to every one's individual interpretation, should it not?

I wouldn't be shocked if we did have quite different senses of humor--mine seems to be not-normal. Oftentimes my jokes are kind of subtle (which is sometimes the nice word for "not funny enough to even tell it was a joke").

Yeah, you're right, it doesn't need a specific purpose, and it should be left up to the individual. Hence my line of "whatever floats your boat." Just as how you are allowed to critique me, shouldn't I be allowed to critique your critiquing of me? Especially when your critique seemed to be based on the faulty premise that I value being liked above all.

Anyway, I look forward to working with you and the others when this begins for real! Cheesy
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #407 on: August 11, 2015, 12:38:15 PM »

I wouldn't be shocked if we did have quite different senses of humor--mine seems to be not-normal. Oftentimes my jokes are kind of subtle (which is sometimes the nice word for "not funny enough to even tell it was a joke").

Yeah, you're right, it doesn't need a specific purpose, and it should be left up to the individual. Hence my line of "whatever floats your boat." Just as how you are allowed to critique me, shouldn't I be allowed to critique your critiquing of me? Especially when your critique seemed to be based on the faulty premise that I value being liked above all.

Anyway, I look forward to working with you and the others when this begins for real! Cheesy

"Subtle" would not be the first word I would use to describe what I have seen thus far of your sense of humour, but alas, to each the way he wants (or does this sound strange when being used in English, the language barrier leaves me wondering...)

I don't recall ever "not allowing" you your right of critiquing me, hence I am afraid I am not really able to grasp your argumentation in this paragraph.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies