Frau Merkel makes a Palestinian kid cry on national TV (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:32:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Frau Merkel makes a Palestinian kid cry on national TV (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Frau Merkel makes a Palestinian kid cry on national TV  (Read 5582 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: July 17, 2015, 02:34:48 PM »

Merkel's right.

While being a bit stiff ... and well, German ... in her approach to this immigrant kid - you simply cannot cry your way into Germany or open the door to millions of people from all over the world. Germany cannot solve all the problems of these failed countries by letting their people migrate to Germany.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 08:00:16 AM »

This pretty much sums it up:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/19/angela-merkel-weeping-refugee

The only thing that Merkel fumbled was her slightly awkward remark at the end of the video when she consoled the immigrant kid and told the reporter that she "wants to stroke her in this moment of sadness".

Maybe that stiff acting is due to Merkel not having kids herself, but there are way more clumsy/creepy politicians out there (just look at Biden or that guy who likes to pull the hair of little girls ...)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 10:27:10 AM »

And now the Palestinian kid speaks out for the first time after that interview and - surprisingly - she's a fan of Merkel and what she said/did during their meeting:

"She listened to me and told her opinion, which I like. I'm happy that the Chancellor was so honest with me. I like honest persons like Frau Merkel. I would have been aggrieved if she was not honest to me."

https://twitter.com/ardmoma/status/621910481805021184
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies