Libyan WMD disarmament effects (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:25:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Libyan WMD disarmament effects (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Libyan WMD disarmament effects  (Read 8836 times)
M

« on: December 20, 2003, 02:08:33 PM »

I've seen it mentioned on my Iran thread, but I think it is a potentially big enough event to deserve it's own post. For a good in depth analysis, see http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=749 .

The Libyans have cut support for terrorists since '86, and now they have given up their WMD and long range missiles, w/o the US firing a shot. This will be viewed by many as proof that Bush's Iraq war has had a classic domino effect. However, others will show it as an easy  triumph of diplomacy, as opposed to the bloody triumph of war,soft power over hard power. My own views are similar to the former- Gadhafi saw Saddam taken out of a spider hole and doesn't want the same to happen to him.

Incidentally, Momar was squealed on the N/ Koreans, who were providing him aid. He was also much closer to a nuke then was generally thought.

So, how do you think this will effect politics at home? Will it be largely ignored? Will it hurt Dean? I assume Bush will make a big deal out of it in his SOTUA next month.

As a side note, will Doc Brown still be able to get those vital shipments of plutionium? He needs to recharge the DeLorean and get it to H.G.Wells, who is still pursuing Jack the Ripper through '70s Frisco.
M

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2003, 02:24:01 PM »

That is a distinct possibility. But a lot of things have to go wrong for Dean and right for say, Clark or Lieberman. Even now, Dean's lead is commanding.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies