Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 07:36:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 144
Author Topic: Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2  (Read 28872 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: August 20, 2010, 10:41:09 PM »

The third application I put in today was a call center that a lady from church applied to and was accepted.  It is a logistics company for a trucking company basically telling truck drivers where to get their freight and where to unload it.  She said it's super simple.  She said that she put in her resume online on a Monday night at 8:15 and she had an e-mail scheduling a phone interview by 8:00 am Tuesday morning.  She had the phone interview and had the final, in-person, interview that Thursday and got the job.  She said she could have done the final interview on Tuesday afternoon, but she was working at her current job, so they were basically waiting on her.  She said it is very easy to get on there.  The pay is $11.50/hr plus shift differential plus benefits.  The next training class begins Monday, September 13.  I just put the application in at 4:15 Friday evening, so I will see if there is anything in my inbox Monday morning.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #476 on: August 20, 2010, 10:42:40 PM »

The third application I put in today was a call center that a lady from church applied to and was accepted.  It is a logistics company for a trucking company basically telling truck drivers where to get their freight and where to unload it.  She said it's super simple.  She said that she put in her resume online on a Monday night at 8:15 and she had an e-mail scheduling a phone interview by 8:00 am Tuesday morning.  She had the phone interview and had the final, in-person, interview that Thursday and got the job.  She said she could have done the final interview on Tuesday afternoon, but she was working at her current job, so they were basically waiting on her.  She said it is very easy to get on there.  The pay is $11.50/hr plus shift differential plus benefits.  The next training class begins Monday, September 13.  I just put the application in at 4:15 Friday evening, so I will see if there is anything in my inbox Monday morning.

I can tell you from experience if you're directly interacting with drivers it will be holy hell, no matter how easy it is.

"This run sucked ass" "They're not paying enough for this run" "You work me to hard"

I left out the expletives. Plus you'll have to deal with a million problems truck drivers naturally have, blowouts, breakdowns, accidents, tickets, running out of time, log book issues, DOT interactions. But go for it if you really want it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #477 on: August 21, 2010, 01:15:11 AM »

That actually sounds kind of interesting, as far as call center jobs go. Much better than customer service anyway.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #478 on: August 21, 2010, 01:47:29 AM »

I like how States trolls directly on Okie's fb page! haha. I've been trying to hold back from that.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #479 on: August 21, 2010, 08:53:36 AM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #480 on: August 21, 2010, 10:51:14 AM »

i'm just going to relax this weekend and not worry about the job market, at least until late tomorrow afternoon.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #481 on: August 21, 2010, 07:06:56 PM »

I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to pick up a good job within the next two weeks, hopefully before the end of this week.  The reason I say that is I've got at least three very good leads, plus other interviews, so it's very likely that one of those leads will pan out.  One is a Mortgage CSR, one is a Loan Counsellor, and the third is a Customer Service Rep.  I'd really like to have the third one (the trucking company), but I'll take just about whatever I can get for right now.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #482 on: August 22, 2010, 01:12:37 AM »

How's ameripwned doing?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #483 on: August 22, 2010, 07:46:13 AM »

A recap of this Friday's activities.  I had two interviews this morning, nothing spectacular, but I filled out a couple applications, and I just filled out a third application just now.

How's your little lady doing?

Don't reopen this pandora box.

Too late!

Don't say I haven't warned you.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #484 on: August 22, 2010, 05:43:55 PM »

I don't think he's allowed to talk about it.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #485 on: August 22, 2010, 06:16:57 PM »

Indeed.  The second he posts on the subject, I'll be bombarded with emails from Al and Lunar to infract it, and they'll chew me out if I don't.

It's best for everyone involved if Bushie just stays quiet on that subject.  Eraserhead, if you really want to know, PM him.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #486 on: August 22, 2010, 06:20:48 PM »

I only did the one.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #487 on: August 22, 2010, 07:06:06 PM »

For some reason, I have a very good feeling about this week.  I've got a good feeling that something good is going to happen in the way of employment.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #488 on: August 22, 2010, 07:09:32 PM »

For some reason, I have a very good feeling about this week.  I've got a good feeling that something good is going to happen in the way of employment.

How is Ameriscam going?
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #489 on: August 22, 2010, 07:28:12 PM »

Did God tell you this?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #490 on: August 22, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »

Maybe you should try something else for change?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #491 on: August 22, 2010, 07:41:43 PM »

Did God tell you this?

No, but he's given me the peace I need and the financial wherewithal.

Maybe you should try something else for change?

Haha, I have too soft a heart for that job!!  I might get the job, but the president and prison officials might get so frustrated with my soft heart that they might let me swing, too.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #492 on: August 23, 2010, 03:48:49 AM »

For some reason, I have a very good feeling about this week.  I've got a good feeling that something good is going to happen in the way of employment.

Reverend,

Praying will only get you so far.  This job market sucks.  I collected unemployment for 13 months even with CPA parts passed.  Please revisit reality.  Oh and masturbating to something hotter than Susan will probably do you a lot of good too.  Thank you.

x ICE HOCKEY/FLYERS20XX

Revisit reality??  Thats going to take some extra special praying powers to Jeebus considering its quite hard to revisit a place he has never visited to begin with.

Seriously though Bushie, you need to do more than pray.  I have been out and collecting even longer than Flyers (I work part-time, but the trade off is losing part of my benefits which is a wash if not losing more slightly more  $$ by actually working part-time)

The market has gotten a little better, but still sucks and has a long way to go, especially for people like you, Flyers (who with the CPA has the strongest background of the three of us) and myself, who are caught in between having too much experience for many of the entry level jobs and not having enough experience for most of the non-entry level jobs.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #493 on: August 23, 2010, 04:54:49 AM »

Move to Bangkok.  With a degree you can teach and make about $1,000-$2,000 a month salary, plus extras at around $15+/hour, in a place where the rent is around $200/month and meals around $2.

Some people make more but I doubt you fit that 'type'.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #494 on: August 23, 2010, 06:08:29 AM »

Did God tell you this?

So God now pays you money? Sweet deal!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #495 on: August 23, 2010, 05:04:46 PM »

Had a pretty good day, and still not done for the evening.  I went to an interview at 2:00 today and then applied with the State of Oklahoma at 3:00.  I've got another interview tonight at 6:30 at a local bank.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #496 on: August 23, 2010, 05:22:38 PM »

These interviews must be fun when they ask you why you left your old job.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #497 on: August 23, 2010, 05:26:29 PM »

These interviews must be fun when they ask you why you left your old job.

So, what are you going to tell them, Bushie?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #498 on: August 23, 2010, 05:49:13 PM »

Did God tell you this?

I have a money tree right outside!  God provided it.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #499 on: August 23, 2010, 05:50:56 PM »

Did God tell you this?

I have a money tree right outside!  God provided it.

I want such a tree too. How to make God provide it?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 144  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies