Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 09:38:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 144
Author Topic: Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2  (Read 28509 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2010, 10:38:24 AM »

I still believe this whole thing is a jamespol scam.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2010, 10:42:36 AM »

I still believe this whole thing is a jamespol scam.

But imagine the work put into it...all the fake Facebook accounts it would have to entail and the sheer amount of posting, both here and there.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2010, 11:50:31 AM »

As someone who rushed into marriage too quickly and still feels the profound psychological effects of that mistake to this day (and probably always will, given it's gotten worse if anything with time), my advice to you is this: consider the fact that other than having children it is far and away the most important decision you will ever make and will have the most profound effect on your happiness or lack thereof for the rest of your life.

If you have even the tiniest shred of doubt in your mind, you shouldn't do it.

Well, we're going to give it a month, or until about Labor Day, to kind of take a break and assess where we both stand.  If you were to ask me right now, I have no doubts and no reservations.  I'm still going to take advantage of this next month to relax and focus on other things and take a good look at my feelings, my goals, my dreams, and what I want in this marriage.  She's going to do the same.  We will talk to each other on the phone every now and then, but we may not see each other very much.  As of now, my mother is still in possession of the ring and will remain so until Susan and me decide that we want to continue.  Susan told me today that she does want to keep April 9, 2011 intact.

Torie, I read part of the Wikipedia article on bipolar disorder and from what I can tell, she has the lowest level of bipolar (bipolar I).  She does have her mood swings, but they are not as severe as people with bipolar II.  In fact, sometimes I think I have a very mild case of bipolar disorder as I have some extreme mood swings.  The thing with her is she has never been, to my knowledge anyway, suicidal nor does she ever use any illegal substances to calm down.

Cut and run.  Seriously.  She is a head case you don't need.  You have a job, have a house.  She's offering NOTHING to the table.  She sounds like she's taking advantage of your good nature.  As you get older, women will get more desperate and YOU enter the drivers' seat.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2010, 11:56:31 AM »

As someone who rushed into marriage too quickly and still feels the profound psychological effects of that mistake to this day (and probably always will, given it's gotten worse if anything with time), my advice to you is this: consider the fact that other than having children it is far and away the most important decision you will ever make and will have the most profound effect on your happiness or lack thereof for the rest of your life.

If you have even the tiniest shred of doubt in your mind, you shouldn't do it.

Well, we're going to give it a month, or until about Labor Day, to kind of take a break and assess where we both stand.  If you were to ask me right now, I have no doubts and no reservations.  I'm still going to take advantage of this next month to relax and focus on other things and take a good look at my feelings, my goals, my dreams, and what I want in this marriage.  She's going to do the same.  We will talk to each other on the phone every now and then, but we may not see each other very much.  As of now, my mother is still in possession of the ring and will remain so until Susan and me decide that we want to continue.  Susan told me today that she does want to keep April 9, 2011 intact.

Torie, I read part of the Wikipedia article on bipolar disorder and from what I can tell, she has the lowest level of bipolar (bipolar I).  She does have her mood swings, but they are not as severe as people with bipolar II.  In fact, sometimes I think I have a very mild case of bipolar disorder as I have some extreme mood swings.  The thing with her is she has never been, to my knowledge anyway, suicidal nor does she ever use any illegal substances to calm down.

Cut and run.  Seriously.  She is a head case you don't need. You have a job, have a house.  She's offering NOTHING to the table.  She sounds like she's taking advantage of your good nature.  As you get older, women will get more desperate and YOU enter the drivers' seat.

Uh, no. He has an involvement in a pyramid scheme.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2010, 05:09:59 PM »

Odds their breaks lasts more than a week?

This is obviously a match made in heaven.  A bipolar woman and

Hmmm, this reminds me more of:

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2010, 05:19:29 PM »

The engagement process seems just so strange in Oklahoma. She broke up with you through your parents and now you're considering a wedding after all that? It sounds like she has a multitude of problems and her parents are trying to find a person they can tie her to to pay for her expenses.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »

Sorry BushOK, but I just can't believe that you are real person. You have to be a fake persona. You just have to be.

Of course, in the unlikely event that you aren't fake, my sincere apologies go out to you.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2010, 05:29:58 PM »

Sorry BushOK, but I just can't believe that you are real person. You have to be a fake persona. You just have to be.

Sadly, dude, the truth is brutal.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2010, 05:38:54 PM »

The fact that BushOK himself is now using his Facebook as proof he's real actually makes me doubt him. It's like he saw that was what other people had caught onto and then decided to use it himself, if that makes sense. He never used to bring it up when people accused him of being a troll, did he?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2010, 06:31:56 PM »

xavier110
United States
« Reply #135 on: August 08, 2010, 06:51:52 PM »

I can't believe I spent hours reading through this thread and the "I Got a Job!" one. Sad or Shocked?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #136 on: August 08, 2010, 07:08:11 PM »

The fact that BushOK himself is now using his Facebook as proof he's real actually makes me doubt him. It's like he saw that was what other people had caught onto and then decided to use it himself, if that makes sense. He never used to bring it up when people accused him of being a troll, did he?

That struck me as odd too. But I'm getting to a point where I don't really care. Both cases seem equally hilarious and equally unlikely at this point.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2010, 07:48:48 PM »

I can't make anyone believe that I'm real or fake, but I know that I am real.  I just have gone through a rough month starting around the middle of July and I've just been documenting my troubles as part of my self-prescribed "therapy".  A lot of the past month was of my doing, but I still need to recover and this forum has helped with my healing.  I just have a habit of being very open and very transparent about my life and sometimes I take it too far which makes me seem unbelievable to some.

I will say that i am having a pretty good August so far and nothing much has gone too terribly wrong.  I'm looking forward to the "break" with Susan and I do sincerely hope that come September that we can pick up where we left off and move on for by that time we will be down to 7 months if we keep April 9 as the wedding date which is what we plan on doing.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2010, 07:51:18 PM »

I am taking bets.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2010, 08:00:05 PM »

The engagement process seems just so strange in Oklahoma. She broke up with you through your parents and now you're considering a wedding after all that? It sounds like she has a multitude of problems and her parents are trying to find a person they can tie her to to pay for her expenses.

I've heard of similar things happening, but only in 3rd World Countries.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2010, 08:00:55 PM »

Let's see if we can create a derivative on InTrade for:

BushOklahoma revealed to be fake before Dec 31, 2010
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2010, 08:15:27 PM »

Surely InTrade would find more interest in that then many of their derivatives. Who the hell bets on who will win the 2010 Idaho Senate race?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2010, 08:17:44 PM »

I'm looking forward to the "break" with Susan and I do sincerely hope that come September that we can pick up where we left off and move on for by that time we will be down to 7 months if we keep April 9 as the wedding date which is what we plan on doing.

Why?  What is the point of proceeding with the wedding at this point?  If things broke down to the point where she (temporarily) cancelled the engagement and you both decided that you "needed a break" from each other, why would you possibly still want to proceed with this wedding on the planned schedule?  Why don't you just date without being engaged?  Does "dating without planning for marriage" exist in your world?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2010, 08:50:53 PM »

Hands down, he's real and that's a morbid thing regarding a whole story.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2010, 08:56:07 PM »

Whether he's real or not (and the extent to which he is if he is) does not matter now, if it ever did. All possible explanations for this are scarcely believable and deeply tragic (yet paradoxically - and inevitably - amusing).
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #145 on: August 08, 2010, 09:17:46 PM »

I'm not worrying about this like the job thing, everyone's got to learn from experience what works and what doesn't in relationships and this particular situation will resolve itself on its own one way or the other fairly soon.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: August 08, 2010, 10:02:55 PM »

I'm not worrying about this like the job thing, everyone's got to learn from experience what works and what doesn't in relationships and this particular situation will resolve itself on its own one way or the other fairly soon.

And, on the job front, I've got an interview for a data entry position in the southern suburb of Moore, OK that would pay between $10-$12 an hour working 9-6 M-F.  This would allow me to get a consistent income while my business is building.  I still think Ameriplan is legit and I've had several people around here check it out and they are okay with it.  Not to mention, we were featured on Good Morning America this past Wednesday morning.  By the end of this week I will have already made $335 and will have acquired my first promotion.  It's not much, but it's a good start.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2010, 10:18:49 PM »

Jeff -- choosing to believe that you are indeed telling the truth about all of your recent mishaps, I think you need to go beyond your "self-prescribed therapy" of posting every detail of your life here and actually seek legitimate help.

Many of us are offering, but we've been ignored or told we "don't really know" you for months; our advice, by and large, has been rebuffed. That's why you need to find a neutral party -- a therapist -- that can help you overcome what really has become a disturbing pattern of self-delusion followed by predictable failure.

And I don't mean talking to your parents about it, nor anyone from your church. You don't need enablers right now, and as near as any of us can tell from your story, they've enabled every bit of this expensive bullheadedness by refraining from giving sound, honest and realistic advice. You need professional help.

I seriously don't understand your aversion to taking the advice of the people who attempt to engage you in a reasonable process of thinking through decisions. And I know it's "just an internet forum," but hopefully some of us -- myself included -- have shown you that you're more than just an object of mockery (though you lend yourself to that quite well through your ignorance).

You can't believe that your vetting process is working -- you "left no stone unturned" and nearly fell for an obvious money-laundering scam, only abandoning it when forum members here presented you with absolute irrefutable proof of what it was.

Personally, I think you need to put yourself on pause (except for the hunt for a real job) for a while and get truly introspective about the life choices you've made and admit that they were wrong. Realize that trying to justify a poor decision can lead to even worse situations (ie: you were going to give ON-Company "a chance" despite literally dozens of people telling you it was a scam).

And get professional help. Yes, the kind you have to pay for. I believe you have something seriously wrong that is impairing your judgment and decision-making abilities ... and if you say that you don't, you're just being delusional again. The last month of decision-making on your end should be proof of that.

There's no such thing as "a string of bad luck." You make your own luck. You've chosen poorly, and now you need to face up to that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2010, 10:50:44 PM »

Jesse,

I’m fine, seriously.  I’ve read every bit of advice given to me on this forum and I have taken it to heart.   I still believe Ameriplan is a legitimate company, but I am looking for another office job to boost my income at least in the short term.  I do not believe that the only legitimate jobs are an 8-hour a day office job with limited advancement or working in the trades.   I am doing what I believe is best for myself and my future family.  Everybody’s path to success in the corporate world is different, and I see no reason why I cannot be successful with Ameriplan and feel good about it at the same time.  I also don’t believe that every MLM business is a scam.  It’s definitely not for everybody, but so far I’m doing pretty well in it, much better and much faster than I ever thought I would at this point.  I’ve already accomplished the necessary tasks to achieve my first promotion, which will boost my pay just a bit.  The thing is right now I am happy with my career choice and I am content with whatever happens with the relationship.  As I said earlier, August has been a really good month for me so far and we’re a quarter of the way through the month.  I’m not trashing the advice I’ve been given on the forum, and in fact I appreciate all the advice, but a man has to make his own mind up and make his own mistakes and own up to the mistakes he’s made.  Sure, I’ve made mistakes especially in the last half of July, but I’m happy with where I’m at and I do sleep well at night.  I do not need a therapist, and again, I feel happy and I feel content.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2010, 10:59:35 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 144  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies