Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:06:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 144
Author Topic: Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2  (Read 29030 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: August 26, 2010, 07:07:36 PM »

Smash, I applied to this job and they conducted two interviews and hired me.  I'm not too worried by it.

Oh, and by the way, guys, it is official - the wedding is offically off now.  I called her to see how she was doing and she broke up with me.  Oh well.  I'm not torn up about it, because I've been kind of preparing myself for it and was probably going to end up doing it anyway, but at least I wasn't kept hanging.

I hope I'm wrong on this, but this just doesn't look good.....

The fact that the ad says no experience or education needed is questionable.  The whole POTENTIAL $1,400 a month thing sticks out the worst.   It just doesn't add up that they would throw potential in there if this was an actual salary or guaranteed
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #626 on: August 26, 2010, 07:12:48 PM »

Smash, I applied to this job and they conducted two interviews and hired me.  I'm not too worried by it.

Oh, and by the way, guys, it is official - the wedding is offically off now.  I called her to see how she was doing and she broke up with me.  Oh well.  I'm not torn up about it, because I've been kind of preparing myself for it and was probably going to end up doing it anyway, but at least I wasn't kept hanging.

The fact that the ad says no experience or education needed is questionable.  The whole POTENTIAL $1,400 a month thing sticks out the worst.   It just doesn't add up that they would throw potential in there if this was an actual salary or guaranteed

but I'm sure that BushOK left no stone unturned! After all, we have no reason to believe he wouldn't...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #627 on: August 26, 2010, 07:29:20 PM »

Smash, I applied to this job and they conducted two interviews and hired me.  I'm not too worried by it.

Oh, and by the way, guys, it is official - the wedding is offically off now.  I called her to see how she was doing and she broke up with me.  Oh well.  I'm not torn up about it, because I've been kind of preparing myself for it and was probably going to end up doing it anyway, but at least I wasn't kept hanging.

Umm, you were supposed to dump her.

Artist's rendition of BushOklahoma's relationship with Susan (or anybody else for that matter).

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #628 on: August 26, 2010, 08:02:35 PM »

Jeff, seriously think about this Zimbabwe offer. It's just pulling a damn lever.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #629 on: August 27, 2010, 12:06:36 AM »

The fact that the ad says no experience or education needed is questionable.  The whole POTENTIAL $1,400 a month thing sticks out the worst.   It just doesn't add up that they would throw potential in there if this was an actual salary or guaranteed

Well, there is base + commission with this.  The base is $1,600/month and whatever the guys sell out in the field, I'll get a cut of it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #630 on: August 27, 2010, 01:00:05 AM »

Ahhh jobs with base salariesss ahhhhhh.  STOP IT THAT'S ENOUGH!!!

YOU EITHER GET PAID OR YOU DON'T! A JOB WITH A BASE IS A JOB THAT IS FAIL!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #631 on: August 27, 2010, 01:17:54 AM »

The fact that the ad says no experience or education needed is questionable.  The whole POTENTIAL $1,400 a month thing sticks out the worst.   It just doesn't add up that they would throw potential in there if this was an actual salary or guaranteed

Well, there is base + commission with this.  The base is $1,600/month and whatever the guys sell out in the field, I'll get a cut of it.

If that was the case the ad would not have said potential for $1,400 a month.....
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #632 on: August 27, 2010, 01:21:22 AM »

Smash, I applied to this job and they conducted two interviews and hired me.  I'm not too worried by it.

Oh, and by the way, guys, it is official - the wedding is offically off now.  I called her to see how she was doing and she broke up with me.  Oh well.  I'm not torn up about it, because I've been kind of preparing myself for it and was probably going to end up doing it anyway, but at least I wasn't kept hanging.

Well, there is base + commission with this.  The base is $1,600/month and whatever the guys sell out in the field, I'll get a cut of it.

If that was the case the ad would not have said potential for $1,400 a month.....

You're looking at the wrong ad.  Or, at least it's not the ad I looked at and responded to.  It said $400/wk, which is $1,600/mth (or 4 weeks).  And, it had no "potential" anywhere on it.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #633 on: August 27, 2010, 02:01:13 AM »

Well, there is base + commission with this.  The base is $1,600/month and whatever the guys sell out in the field, I'll get a cut of it.

You're looking at the wrong ad.  Or, at least it's not the ad I looked at and responded to.  It said $400/wk, which is $1,600/mth (or 4 weeks).  And, it had no "potential" anywhere on it.

I linked it a few pages back, as did Gramps.  Its basically what I found when searching for jobs for the company (another one was a pure sales ad) even if it was something different, the whole thing just seems fishy.  It probably isn't as bad as On.Company, but this whole thing just doesn't add up.   The whole non website thing I find really questionable.

Look, I hope things work out for you with this and that I am wrong, but I think the chances of that happening are quite slim.  Look I have been out of work myself (I do work part-time and collect benefits, but was laid off from my full time job).  I know how much it sucks, but you need to do some research before you accept anything and everything and it appears again that you did very little research.  Research is not what the guy tells you in an interview, but actually doing your own searches about the company.  A website, what others have said about the company,  BBB links, etc. 

Now not every legit company might be registered with the Better Business Bureau, some small mom and pop companies probably aren't, but even they will have a website, or some info to search about them.  This has none of that, and that usually is a really really bad sign.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #634 on: August 27, 2010, 04:36:11 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2010, 04:39:50 PM by ICE HOCKEY »

Umm, you were supposed to dump her.

Artist's rendition of BushOklahoma's relationship with Susan (or anybody else for that matter).

Cute.  But accurate.  Sorry to hear that Bushie.  

Now this time be PICKIER, not settling for nonsense.  You will come out of this better.  Susan will be an old maid, no man, no sex, living with her parents till death.  

FTR, I've been just as much an ass with friends' exes.  One of my best friends, not to be gay, is a good looking guy and his first girl was a beast and treated him like crap.  She weighed 90 lbs., had very short hair and no boobs.  Looked very butchy.  He thought she was the hottest thing and she even had the nerve to cheat on him.  I thought she looked like a boy, but she was older than him ironically.  Once he got dumped and depressed over her, I told him she looks like a 12 year old boy, and now he's with a FAR hotter woman. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #635 on: August 27, 2010, 08:03:41 PM »

Well, just 3 days into the job and I have a darn cold.  It's either a cold or severe allergies.  My temp is up to 99.9 as of 7:30 CT (30 min ago).  I made it through work today, but it was a struggle.  As a result, I have cancelled all weekend activities except for going to work for 30-45 minutes tomorrow at 10:00 am.  The majority of the weekend will be spent sleeping and resting and sleeping and resting some more.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #636 on: August 28, 2010, 06:15:27 AM »

Well, just 3 days into the job and I have a darn cold.  It's either a cold or severe allergies.  My temp is up to 99.9 as of 7:30 CT (30 min ago).  I made it through work today, but it was a struggle.  As a result, I have cancelled all weekend activities except for going to work for 30-45 minutes tomorrow at 10:00 am.  The majority of the weekend will be spent sleeping and resting and sleeping and resting some more.

99.9?! Hopefully you went to the emergency room already. Remember, when you party hard, drink bleach.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #637 on: August 28, 2010, 07:30:24 AM »

Well, just 3 days into the job and I have a darn cold.  It's either a cold or severe allergies.  My temp is up to 99.9 as of 7:30 CT (30 min ago).  I made it through work today, but it was a struggle.  As a result, I have cancelled all weekend activities except for going to work for 30-45 minutes tomorrow at 10:00 am.  The majority of the weekend will be spent sleeping and resting and sleeping and resting some more.

99.9?! Hopefully you went to the emergency room already. Remember, when you party hard, drink bleach.

It had risen to 101.1 by 8:15, so I took some Tylenol and NyQuil and went to bed.  Thankfully, I rested well last night and woke up a little after 7:00 this morning.  Hopefully, I'll feel better today.  I feel alright right now, but with the wearing of the day, it could go down hill.

It was starting out almost like my H1N1 started last Halloween.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #638 on: August 28, 2010, 07:34:45 AM »

Dude, that's my temp after a few martinis. I do hope you feel better, but c'mon, suck it  up and live your life.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #639 on: August 28, 2010, 07:57:09 AM »

Dude, that's my temp after a few martinis. I do hope you feel better, but c'mon, suck it  up and live your life.

Exactly. People get a minor fever, but we live. Plus, what the hell activities would you have that you need to cancel?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #640 on: August 28, 2010, 03:55:18 PM »

I am feeling a whole lot better folks.  The fever broke during the night last night, and it hasn't even attempted to come back up, yet.  The highest it's gotten today is 98.8, but most of the time it's been between 97.5 and 98.0.  I'm still going to stay home from church tomorrow so I can make sure it's all gone, but if this trend continues, there should be no reason I can't be back to full speed by 10:00 Monday when I have to report to work.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #641 on: August 28, 2010, 04:16:55 PM »

Why would you stay home tomorrow when you have no fever! Is this seriously how you live your life?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #642 on: August 28, 2010, 04:19:11 PM »

Yeah seriously, at least get stoned or something so you don't waste your day tomorrow.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #643 on: August 28, 2010, 04:22:07 PM »

Maybe he just wants an excuse not to go to church? If so, bravo! I mean, that is probably an even bigger waste of time than laying in bed but I digress...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #644 on: August 28, 2010, 04:24:29 PM »

Why would you stay home tomorrow when you have no fever! Is this seriously how you live your life?

Just to make sure it's all gone and to make sure I have enough strength for Monday, because I'll probably be working 6 days this week, and probably 6 days a week for most of the month of September.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #645 on: August 28, 2010, 04:26:27 PM »

Just to make sure it's all gone and to make sure I have enough strength for Monday, because I'll probably be working 6 days this week, and probably 6 days a week for most of the month of September.

I'm not sure if that's exactly how a sickness works.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #646 on: August 28, 2010, 08:26:49 PM »

Just figured out a date that I am going to project to put up my Christmas Tree for this year - Saturday, October 16, 2010.

Yes, now that I am free of engagement/wedding responsibilities, I can put all my attention to the elections and also to Christmas!!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #647 on: August 28, 2010, 08:27:32 PM »

Just figured out a date that I am going to project to put up my Christmas Tree for this year - Saturday, October 16, 2010.

Yes, now that I am free of engagement/wedding responsibilities, I can put all my attention to the elections and also to Christmas!!

Please, you'll be engaged again within 6 months.....  Roll Eyes
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #648 on: August 28, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »

Please, you'll be engaged again within 6 months.....  Roll Eyes

Even if so, 6 months is the end of February, which is AFTER Christmas!!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #649 on: August 29, 2010, 08:45:50 AM »

That's it. I won't read this s**t anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 144  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies