United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:59:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership  (Read 177600 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: June 23, 2016, 02:12:06 AM »

I am going to go with 46% Leave and 54% Remain.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 09:27:11 PM »

Sad!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 11:49:14 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2016, 11:50:45 PM by Sbane »

So is it just me or does it look like Asian heavy areas didn't vote as much in favor of Remain as one would expect. Looking at Hounslow in particular but also Harrow and Ealing and Brent to a lesser extent. Also Bradford, Leicester and Birmingham results. A breakdown of Birmingham would be nice. Is differential turnout an issue?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 12:33:43 AM »

Awake already... probably head back to bed shortly but...

So is it just me or does it look like Asian heavy areas didn't vote as much in favor of Remain as one would expect. Looking at Hounslow in particular but also Harrow and Ealing and Brent to a lesser extent. Also Bradford, Leicester and Birmingham results. A breakdown of Birmingham would be nice. Is differential turnout an issue?

You are correct to observe this. And check out Luton and Slough. And Newham. And etc. Minorities in general turned out not to be a heavily Remain block at all. Suspect some Asian demos (which though?) may have been more than 50% Leave.

I am not noticing any difference between national background (Indian vs Pakistani Vs Bangladeshi) or religion. Too bad there is no exit poll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies