United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:40:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership  (Read 178429 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2016, 10:17:38 PM »

Everyone cheering for economic destruction is hilarious utterly depressing.

Pound is the lowest it's been since 1985.

You realize they will not be able to afford to buy our stuff anymore right?

You do realize that the Pound is still stronger than the Dollar, right?  They'll be ok.

Framed. F in principles of Macro.

Well, good thing you don't have to be an economist to vote in the referendum!  It's about what the people want, not what the elites want.  Sorry the world doesn't bend to your will.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2016, 10:24:28 PM »

You do realize that the Pound is still stronger than the Dollar, right?  They'll be ok.

Framed. F in principles of Macro.

Well, good thing you don't have to be an economist to vote in the referendum!  It's about what the people want, not what the elites want.  Sorry the world doesn't bend to your will.

Oh, you must've been one of those kids who refused to wear his retainer or rubber bands during his braces phase, because you didn't want to, but once your teeth started shifting you started complaining again.

But the dentist was an "elitist" for going to school and knowing what he is actually talking about

Judging by your logic, you should shutup and never talk to me about politics again.  I have a political science degree!  I am the elite, I know what I'm talking about!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2016, 10:27:07 PM »

Judging by your logic, you should shutup and never talk to me about politics again.  I have a political science degree!  I am the elite, I know what I'm talking about!

lmfao, he has a poly sci degree

You're making my point for me.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2016, 10:33:00 PM »

Harrow - 54.6 IN

Sinn Fein calls for a referendum on Irish reunification

Sinn Fein calling for an Irish Reunification Referendum now.

Excellent, also support.

Will this actually come to fruition though? And would both the Republic and Northern Ireland vote, or just NI?

There would be separate referendums for the Republic and NI.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2016, 10:33:59 PM »

A lot of the Irish might not want NI at this point, due to the economic disparity.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2016, 10:35:03 PM »

Wow, sad that you are gleeful over the prospect of the return of the Troubles.  That would no doubt lead to thousands of deaths! Tread lightly.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2016, 10:40:20 PM »

Those of you calling for an Irish Referendum don't know what you're asking for.  There will be death, and lots of it.  It's not something that most of the Northern Irish wish to revisit right now.  Leave it alone.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2016, 10:42:57 PM »

Those of you calling for an Irish Referendum don't know what you're asking for.  There will be death, and lots of it.  It's not something that most of the Northern Irish wish to revisit right now.  Leave it alone.

They'll want their freedom from England and Wales now though. If Scotland goes they'll be next, so blame the ignorant that voted for Brexit for anything that happens.

No, many of them won't.  I don't think you understand the difference between Ireland and Scotland.  It's not that simple, and it will be bloody.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2016, 10:44:18 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoLywiaM6PA
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2016, 10:49:41 PM »

Few Americans know anything about any of this, which is why so many of them seem hell bent on support Leave. (Most American's supporting Remain are the same way though.)

I took a class in undergrad and did a month long study aboard program in Brussels all on the EU.

We're talking about Ireland, not the EU.  Congrats tho!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2016, 10:58:17 PM »

When is Cameron going to speak?  I want to taste his tears.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2016, 11:00:39 PM »

The US is never going to let the UK lose their veto in the UN.  Not gonna happen!  Hate to burst all of your anti-British bubbles.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2016, 11:09:07 PM »

https://twitter.com/ITVAllegra/status/746191648850206720

ITV is reporting that Cameron and Osborne are on their way out, and it will be a "dignified exit".

Wow.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2016, 11:22:07 PM »

That's not how any of this works... the strength of a currency is relative to its own previous values, not in absolute terms. Please learn before you attempt to make a point.

Derp.  I actually misread that and thought he was saying they wouldn't be able to buy their own stuff anymore, although I'm sure no one will cut me any slack!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2016, 11:44:00 PM »

I wonder what other countries could get referendums after this I think Holland and France are somewhat likely

Hopefully all of them.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2016, 12:06:46 AM »

If Scotland wants to peace out, they should drop the queen.  They won't deserve her at that point. I would hope she would reject them.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2016, 12:22:20 AM »

Im not happy with the DOW futures.  Hopefully this is just a blip.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2016, 12:52:47 AM »

Much of the elite is feeling angry and spiteful right now.  They're lashing out.  Downgrading the UKs credit rating would be a spiteful move.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2016, 12:56:38 AM »

Much of the elite is feeling angry and spiteful right now.  They're lashing out.  Downgrading the UKs credit rating would be a spiteful move.

There needs to be consequences for this incompetence.

There's the spitefulness!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2016, 01:22:32 AM »

Fox News is not happy about Brexit.. Bad for US National Security!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2016, 02:01:21 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2016, 02:03:49 AM by Brown Line »

Some Leave politicians suggesting the Article 50 not be invoked for a while... omg was this all a scam?

If it was, you might as well take the entire British political system and flip it upside down.  I can't imagine what the electoral consequences  would be.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2016, 02:19:17 AM »

Cameron choosing to resign right now is irresponsible.  The country is in chaos!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2016, 02:03:01 PM »

It's just another addition to the long list of Obama's foreign policy failures.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2016, 04:33:23 PM »

The thing that really gets me is the dishonesty and fear mongering over Northern Ireland. There is absolutely not going to be border checkpoints set up. Absolutely no way. The most likely thing to happen is  there will be a passport required to travel between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2016, 04:37:30 PM »

The thing that really gets me is the dishonesty and fear mongering over Northern Ireland. There is absolutely not going to be border checkpoints set up. Absolutely no way. The most likely thing to happen is  there will be a passport required to travel between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.

I don't get it. What was the point of leaving the EU if not to impose ridiculous border restrictions? Smiley

There will be border restrictions, but not between Northern Ireland and the Republic!  This has been stressed over and over again but the Bremainers willfully ignored it to stir up fear.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies