WA Republicans win legal challenge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:44:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WA Republicans win legal challenge
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA Republicans win legal challenge  (Read 2687 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2005, 07:06:35 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050503/ap_on_el_gu/election_challenge;_ylt=ArnGdC78oLzMKwdRFQnscYyyFz4D;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 08:13:17 AM »

Some of the more extremist Dems wanted that in Florida in 2000.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 04:45:26 PM »

Humorously, most of the Democrats want proportional analysis in the highly Republican areas only, whereas the Republicans want proportional analysis in the highly Democrat areas.

Still, this does seriously raise the chance of the election outcome being changed because of the slight numbers involved.

This is also funny because in the three months since Gregoire's been elected, the Washington state government has been raising taxes like there's no tomorrow.

It is particularly humorous, because with the exception of a minor increase in estate taxes, most of these taxes have been regressive "sin" taxes and sales tax increases.

Just like when conservative Republicans rail on federal government spending and then proceed to spend like drunken sailors, I am curious to hear what liberal Democrats have to say about this, since I always hear them railing about regressive taxation and how terrible it is.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 04:49:46 PM »

Dean, in the future, could you use the alternate method of posting links as below:

(url=http://Whatever the link is]Description[/url]

Just replace the first '('
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 05:15:35 PM »

From the story:

Democrats said the method amounts to statistical guessing. At the same time, they have been collecting evidence of illegal votes in GOP-leaning counties, and plan to use the same proportional analysis in court.

For once, at least, I agree with the Democrats.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 05:22:35 PM »

Are these idiot Republicans claiming that the Republican secretary of state stole the election?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 05:24:17 PM »

Am I the only one who does not fully understand why the GOP is doing this? I would assume that felons are more likely to vote Democratic, perhaps soley because they are more likely to be poor.

In any case, I still see that this is only an estimation, not definitive proof of anything.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 06:33:33 PM »

Am I the only one who does not fully understand why the GOP is doing this? I would assume that felons are more likely to vote Democratic, perhaps soley because they are more likely to be poor.

In any case, I still see that this is only an estimation, not definitive proof of anything.

Alcon, I agree.  At least one of the illegal voters has come forward and stated he voted for Rossi.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 06:52:26 PM »

Aren't the felons mostly from King County? If so they could probably go 2-1 Gregoire...

Although the Democrats created their own 400+ felon list they think helps Rossi.

Oh well. Nickels 2008!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies