NOTE: How to enter 2016 polls to the database (at the moment)

(1/6) > >>

Tender Branson:
As long as the GOP field is fluid:

Quote from: Mr. Morden on May 10, 2015, 09:40:15 PM

Tender: Perhaps you should sticky a thread on the polling board, giving instructions about entering polls?  Otherwise, no one is going to remember the thing about averaging Bush/Rubio/Walker.

Quote from: Tender Branson on May 09, 2015, 11:14:58 AM

Also:

If someone wants to enter a new (or old) poll into the database, please do it the way DAVE did and average the GOP numbers from Bush/Walker/Rubio and use the average of Hillary against these 3 Republicans.

If a poll only shows Hillary vs. one or two top-Republicans, then just average these and enter it to the database.

I think averaging the top-3 GOPers is the best right now to show how the GOP matches against Hillary ...

Thx.

IceSpear:
Will this formula stay the same even if one or more of those candidates implode?

Tender Branson:
Quote from: IceSpear on May 11, 2015, 01:32:36 PM

Will this formula stay the same even if one or more of those candidates implode?

No, in this case we use the new TOP-3 on the RCP average:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

ElectionAtlas:
Hi -
Is there a desire for individual polling databases in addition to the generic - i.e. Clinton-Walker, Clinton-Bush, etc.?  This is of course a lot more data entry…

Thanks,
Dave

King:
Quote from: Dave Leip on May 12, 2015, 11:46:12 AM

Hi -
Is there a desire for individual polling databases in addition to the generic - i.e. Clinton-Walker, Clinton-Bush, etc.?  This is of course a lot more data entry…

Thanks,
Dave

I think we should hold off until the GOP contenders becomes clearer (December?). It'd be a waste to do all that work on a Clinton-Walker map and then Walker completely busts and drops out in November, for example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page