PA: Harper: Toomey leads by 20+ points
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:11:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  PA: Harper: Toomey leads by 20+ points
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PA: Harper: Toomey leads by 20+ points  (Read 3844 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2015, 10:32:02 PM »

Toomey is likely going to win this by five or so. He's played his first term very well, and you don't just beat a popular incumbent unless there's a tide for one party a la 2008/2014.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2015, 07:55:11 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2015, 09:44:01 AM by OC »

Toomey is likely going to win this by five or so. He's played his first term very well, and you don't just beat a popular incumbent

You may say that again about Portman; however, Dems will get behind Sestak and Feingold against Club for Growth candidates. Who is to the right, like Norquist on taxes and guns.

And like Kirk, must explain the GOP obstuction on background checks.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2015, 07:13:38 PM »

Obviously a junk poll. Toomey isn't going to win by more than Santorum lost. I don't doubt that Toomey is at least somewhat ahead, but it would be foolish not to invest in this race. PA is more likely than not to stay Democratic in the presidential race, so Toomey will have to count on winning a lot of Clinton voters.

The statewide and national Dem establishment is far more focused on beating Sestak than they are on beating Toomey.

Yeah, someone explain that to me. A guy who beats a seriously contested primary then comes within a hairsbreadth of winning a light blue state in 2010. Not to say Sestak doesn't have his weaknesses, but all things considered please tell me why again the establishment wants Shapiro??
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2015, 07:55:14 PM »

Obviously a junk poll. Toomey isn't going to win by more than Santorum lost. I don't doubt that Toomey is at least somewhat ahead, but it would be foolish not to invest in this race. PA is more likely than not to stay Democratic in the presidential race, so Toomey will have to count on winning a lot of Clinton voters.

The statewide and national Dem establishment is far more focused on beating Sestak than they are on beating Toomey.

Yeah, someone explain that to me. A guy who beats a seriously contested primary then comes within a hairsbreadth of winning a light blue state in 2010. Not to say Sestak doesn't have his weaknesses, but all things considered please tell me why again the establishment wants Shapiro??

Bitterness that he had the gall to run against Specter (and win!). Remember, everyone from Obama down heavily backed Specter in exchange for his party switch. They tried strong arming Sestak out of the race many times, and it didn't work.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2015, 07:58:48 PM »

This is also the state party that keeps putting up bumbling incompetent Manan Trivedi to run in an obviously competitive district.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2015, 05:40:15 AM »

Pa, is critical in getting Clinton into WH, Dems who arent satisfied with Sestak, has now settled on him.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies