What is the next issue that will animate the Forum the most?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:16:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is the next issue that will animate the Forum the most?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the next issue that will animate the Forum the most?  (Read 1672 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2015, 08:16:56 AM »

When it comes to public policy issues, my impression is that the Affordable Care Act created the most action, and now it is SSM. But the odds are, that SSM will be departing from the public square soon, via one Constitutional legal path or another, as in about six weeks from now. So what do you think the next issue will be the gets the juices going around here, if any?  I suppose what the POTUS candidates focus on might have some influence perhaps. Myself, I have no idea really. Maybe nothing, and policy interests will become more "Balkanized."
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 09:11:23 AM »

The incoming banning of Grumps, most likely. Sad
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 09:13:57 AM »

That is not a public policy issue. Your perceptions about what goes on in the Cave are typically the opposite of what you think anyway, my friend.  When are you going to be inducted into the NY Bar by the way? If it is on May 13, we might run into each other. Smiley
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 11:10:49 AM »

No, no, unfortunately. I'm taking the bar exam in July, so probably some time this winter.
t_host1

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 11:34:18 AM »
« Edited: May 01, 2015, 11:39:16 AM by t_host1 »

The success of the liberal left progression to anarchy; to where, law and the court are of no use, to which, brutal uncivil force ensues with Shakespeare prevailing leaving 101 law looking for work.

…hmm, nah, that’s not an issue.

Damn, no problem, what’s a lawyer to do?

Break the law, known in lawyer speak as creating precedence.  
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 11:46:59 AM »

The success of the liberal left progression to anarchy; to where, law and the court are of no use, to which, brutal uncivil force ensues with Shakespeare prevailing leaving 101 law looking for work.

Translation. You see, with the liberal left enervating the saliency of the rule of law, as opposed to the rule of the mob, Shakespeare's comment about killing all the lawyers will become a reality. They are no longer needed. Oh damn, lawyers never die, they don't even fade away. They are like maggots, you just can't get rid of them. And how will lawyers survive it all?  Well, of course by being the spear carriers for judicial activism, with their common law case law precedents which trash statutory law, making them a functional part of the lawless mob themselves. So it's all good - at least for lawyers.

How did I do? Smiley
t_host1

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 12:17:59 PM »

Translation. You see, with the liberal left enervating the saliency of the rule of law, as opposed to the rule of the mob, Shakespeare's comment about killing all the lawyers will become a reality. They are no longer needed. Oh damn, lawyers never die, they don't even fade away. They are like maggots, you just can't get rid of them. And how will lawyers survive it all?  Well, of course by being the spear carriers for judicial activism, with their common law case law precedents which trash statutory law, making them a functional part of the lawless mob themselves. So it's all good - at least for lawyers.

How did I do? Smiley

Yep, you’re certifiable, so much to look forward too.

Would it be fair to compare the Forest Gump analogy of life is “like a box of chocolate” and law is that of a “pretzel”?  The beginning and the end are indistinguishable, therefore removing the blind lady and scales to that of a pretzel would be more appropriate prior the anarchy.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 12:35:39 PM »

t_host1 is now posting in the Forum Community board and calling Torie light in the loafers!

This thread is a self-fulfilling prophecy!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 12:38:41 PM »

t_host1 is now posting in the Forum Community board and calling Torie light in the loafers!

Missed and don't get the homo reference, but whatever. Facts are facts, after all. The host discerns all.
t_host1

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 07:13:28 PM »

Mr. King, I wasn't up to speed with your reference until Torie surmised. Unknowingly or not, you have swerved into an equation to which, a claim has merit. Allow me to sleep on it so to proffer a position to our jurist.

In returning torie, I was half expecting a badger & ag straightening out. yeah, I know, the things I live for. I'll be back.
t_host1

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 10:41:07 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2015, 11:50:43 AM by t_host1 »

Picture this in the form of a question; with the sport of a SCOTUS hearing being the interpretation of the questions that the 9 appointed black robed biases’ do ask - one jurist ask, would a practitioner of law give resistance to its symbol of conscience, the scales held by the blind lady, replaced by, a fat lady wearing rose colored glasses singing while holding a ballpark size pretzel? And, sealing the symbols point of contention, the pretzel is dripping with the conscience of man (the cheese) and for good measure; the pretzel has a large bite with a little dripping of that conscience from the cheek of the fat lady singing.

Is there an equivalency of conscience for the lifelong practice of law, its dedication and honor, too that of, one man, one woman lifelong honored conscience of marriage?

Does this qualify as an animated issue? Subjecting the conscience change to law as that of the conscience change of marriage is being subjected to.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 08:09:01 PM »

Wow. Torie might as well just the leave the forum now after that slam dunk.

Good job, t_host1!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 08:26:32 PM »

Your perceptions about what goes on in the Cave are typically the opposite of what you think anyway, my friend.

His perceptions are the opposite of what he thinks?  He must have a very strange brain.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 10:29:14 AM »

opebo's return?
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 11:09:53 PM »

the pretzel is dripping with the conscience of man (the cheese)

Literally having trouble breathing this parody is so fantastic.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies