If every state had a Nebraska/Maine-style CD split for presidential electors... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:47:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  If every state had a Nebraska/Maine-style CD split for presidential electors... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If every state had a Nebraska/Maine-style CD split for presidential electors...  (Read 2070 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: May 02, 2005, 01:26:02 AM »

...nobody knows, since in that case there'd either be much less gerrymandering or a revolution would have occurred ages ago. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 07:06:06 AM »

2000 data is on this site if you look closely. I think you have to be a member to get the exact data, but you can do a map count. Anyways Bush wins.
2004 data isn't completely compiled yet, but I don't doubt Bush wins again.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 07:33:27 AM »

Depending on two seats that Dave considers too close to call, and my reading of the California map, Bush would have had anything from 283 to 286 EVs in 2000.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 07:58:57 AM »

Going by the states that are up,
Bush gains 14
Kerry loses 11
due to about equal parts to reapportionment,  regerrymandering and the Republicans' larger majority.
Tossup/don't know loses 1 (I can decipher the California map, being more comfortable with the new districts. There is a new tctc district in NC to replace the one in TN.)
Overall gain of 2 because the states not up yet lost 2 seats net. They are:
Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies