Opinion of Juggalos
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:06:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Juggalos
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of Juggalos
Freedom Fighters

Horrible People

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Opinion of Juggalos  (Read 5878 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2015, 12:49:11 PM »
« edited: May 10, 2015, 12:54:32 PM by I left my heart in the back of the cab »

One of the worst and dumbest subcultures ever. The way they're like a cult would be creepy if it wasn't just so stupid.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 01:25:23 PM »

These weird subculture/stereotype polls make think of :

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 01:46:01 PM »

Not too much worse than overly obsessive fans of any other bad band or artist. And still better than Igloo Australia and Travis Scott.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 01:57:15 PM »

Slightly more socially acceptable than furfags.

That is not a compliment.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 03:04:02 PM »

Salt of the earth. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 03:31:44 PM »

The worst of America's white trash.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 03:58:17 PM »

I've got a buddy who likes them and has gone to their concerts and paints his face up when he does.

Other than that though, he's just a normal guy with a normal job. I never saw what the big deal was.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 06:27:02 PM »

I've read a couple of "embedded journalism" pieces about the Juggalos and their Gathering. I get the impression that they provide a sense of community and family for a lot of people who don't otherwise have one because of various life traumas or disadvantages or just being "different."
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 09:51:41 PM »

I don't like their culture personally, but I actually know a self proclaimed juggalo. He's a decent guy, but he doesn't connect with a lot of people and has a lot of issues. Like someone said, being a part of that community had provided him with friendship and an outlet for his oddness.

What I have definitely learned from him is that they absolutely do not take themselves seriously, and take great delight in that "regular" people don't understand them. They're trolling you. But if you insult them, they will take it personally.   It's a weird mindset. Actually of you had different musical tastes you'd fit in well, BRTD.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 09:56:00 PM »

Not too much worse than overly obsessive fans of any other bad band or artist. And still better than Igloo Australia and Travis Scott.

You don't like Upper Echelon?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 10:22:31 PM »

I've read a couple of "embedded journalism" pieces about the Juggalos and their Gathering. I get the impression that they provide a sense of community and family for a lot of people who don't otherwise have one because of various life traumas or disadvantages or just being "different."

Yeah, but writing them off as "white trash" is a lot easier than acknowledging that they're real human beings with emotions and a need to relate to other people.

True, the phenomenon is endlessly fascinating. They're like something out of a dystopian science fiction novel.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 10:29:41 PM »

Yeah, but writing them off as "white trash" is a lot easier than acknowledging that they're real human beings with emotions and a need to relate to other people.

One of the worst and dumbest subcultures ever. The way they're like a cult would be creepy if it wasn't just so stupid.

BRTD, are you trying to be ironic? This reads exactly like the least charitable reactions to your own subculture of choice. You, more than most people here, should be capable of reading the ugly, classist subtext.

Heh but my subculture hates Juggalos. You should see any messag board's posts on them. They also don't wear facepaint or ridiculous things to shows, or engage in that other ridiculous ritual nonsense. Or listen to music with such an anti-social message. I mean geez, can you imagine Juggalo SJWs?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 10:41:18 PM »

BRTD, are you trying to be ironic? This reads exactly like the least charitable reactions to your own subculture of choice. You, more than most people here, should be capable of reading the ugly, classist subtext.

Heh but my subculture hates Juggalos. You should see any messag board's posts on them. They also don't wear facepaint or ridiculous things to shows, or engage in that other ridiculous ritual nonsense. Or listen to music with such an anti-social message. I mean geez, can you imagine Juggalo SJWs?

BRTD, if I told you I think your hobby is a pointless and absurd waste of time and resources, you probably wouldn't like that very much. It wouldn't be very nice of me to say such a thing. Other people let you and your Ingress people do your weird portal stuff. Let the Juggalos be who they want to be. They're not hurting anyone.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 10:42:04 PM »

BRTD, if I told you I think your hobby is a pointless and absurd waste of time and resources, you probably wouldn't like that very much. It wouldn't be very nice of me to say such a thing. Other people let you and your Ingress people do your weird portal stuff. Let the Juggalos be who they want to be. They're not hurting anyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggalo_gangs
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 10:43:18 PM »

I like them because I think the face paint looks good on them. And they haven't done anything bad to me. So, FF.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 10:46:42 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggalo_gangs

Can I make blanket statements about all Muslims being horrid, despicable people just because groups like ISIS and al-Qaeda exist?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 03:58:58 AM »
« Edited: May 11, 2015, 04:03:43 AM by Stone Cold Conservative »

OKay, yeah,

this is just pretty freaking dumb pal.  And I'm saying this as someone who has a less than generous view of Juggalos.  And really, statements like this are why I will defend my past assessment that you have the mentality and mindset of a bigot (yes this coming from the guy who said earlier that he viewed Juggalos as slightly more acceptable than furries.  But at least I'm honest about my character defects).  The whole "yeah but my people hate theirs so that is why I hate them!" is one of the very worst arguments in the world.

Let me put it this way: You would fit in with these people

quite well, Better Rimmel Than Dead.  THEY ARE EVEN INTO RAISING THEIR HANDS!

nb4 BUT MY FAVORITE MOVIE IS INGLORIOUS BASTERDS WHICH SHOWS PEOPLE KILLING NANZIES!  THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN COMPARE ME TO NAZIS I AM NOT A NAZI I LIKE JEWS MAN!

So yeah, this post will likely go over your head, much like the plane above your head, rational arguments, individuality, logical reasoning, coherent ideology, etc. etc. etc.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 04:21:46 AM »

Exclusive footage of BRTD at one of his gatherings.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 05:11:19 AM »

wtf Mecha the Nazis weren't even SJW's and very rarely, if ever played ingress. Flawed comparison.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2015, 06:29:37 AM »

Insane Clown Posse is a terrible band. So kinda stupid IMO.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2015, 08:48:38 AM »

I've got a buddy who likes them and has gone to their concerts and paints his face up when he does.

Other than that though, he's just a normal guy with a normal job. I never saw what the big deal was.

Yeah, I knew a girl like that as well.  Mom of 3 kids, wife, whacky as hell, but peaceful enough.  Scary when in costume. 
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2015, 09:05:23 AM »

Used to work with a few, they were good guys. Sure, they were 'white trash', but so am I, so I obviously didn't have any kind of problem hanging around with 'those people.' It's amusing how liberals always go on about how tolerant or whatever they are and how much they want to uplift the downtrodden or the poor or whatever and then use words like 'white trash' or 'trailer trash' to describe the people they're talking about. Yet more proof that the average liberal is a coddled, middle class dolt who, while proclaiming his or her love for 'the people', actually detests them for not standing up to their absurd, ideological vision of what 'the people' should be.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2015, 09:16:54 AM »

Look, the ICP makes objectively terrible music, I find their mannerisms and rituals bizarre myself, and "Miracles" in particular is one of the most aggressively stupid, anti-facts, anti-thought songs ever recorded.

But I'm glad for these folks that they've found a community where they feel like they belong, and Nix and TNF are absolutely right to decry the sneering classism in this thread.  FF in protest.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2015, 09:23:17 AM »

OK my point was simply that there was no hypocrisy in attacking Juggalos from my subculture, it's quite common. Plus consistent. Can you seriously imagine someone who is a fan of this type of band being an ICP fan? I mean even if they liked any hip hop music AT ALL...

Furthermore it's well known that ICP's music is full of misogyny, homophobia and glorifies violence and is extremely un-PC. Is it any surprise it'd be hated by some of the most politically correct out there? I mean, consider that even Dude Fest has come under controversy before due to the name, with some people in some zines finding it sexist. In 2007 there was even "A Different Kind of Dude Fest", a more political and SJW-oriented musical fest of the same type in Baltimore and the name primarily protesting that even if the "Dude Fest" name was a joke it had undertones of the institutionalized sexism of mainstream culture in it. Even some bands that played at the normal Dude Fest played at that. It's no coincidence these Juggalo gangs also popped up. Can you imagine gangs of SJW hardcore fans? Of course not because that'd be completely antithetical to all their values.

Look, the ICP makes objectively terrible music, I find their mannerisms and rituals bizarre myself, and "Miracles" in particular is one of the most aggressively stupid, anti-facts, anti-thought songs ever recorded.

But I'm glad for these folks that they've found a community where they feel like they belong, and Nix and TNF are absolutely right to decry the sneering classism in this thread.  FF in protest.

So then what's your thoughts on the whole DIY post-hardcore/real emo scene? Because you haven't expressed a particularly positive opinion of that in the past.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2015, 09:28:40 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So then what's your thoughts on the whole DIY post-hardcore/real emo scene? Because you haven't expressed a particularly positive opinion of that in the past.

I actually have, if obliquely, defended the community aspect of it a couple times!  I'm glad for you that you have that.

The music sucks though. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies