25 Years From Now. . . (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:16:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  25 Years From Now. . . (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 25 Years From Now. . .  (Read 11359 times)
danwxman

« on: May 02, 2005, 12:37:23 PM »

I'd say this looks very reasonable.
danwxman

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 10:01:26 PM »

I know what you're thinking... Ian, you crazy mofo!  WTF are you thinking?  Well, to tell you the truth, this map is pretty unlikely, but I'll stand by it.  The parties will centrist-ize, I do believe, and social issues will be put on the backburner.  An election based solely on economic issues, which is what I believe the future of American politics will be and following trends creates this map:

In an election on economic issues, Pennsylvania would vote Republican? Ummm...no.

I don't see any reason Pennsylvania turns Republican, even with a realignment. There are just two many different forces. It may go from a Democratic leaning swing state to a Republican leaning swing state in a realignment, thats all.
danwxman

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 03:07:01 PM »

If states voted on economic issues 25 years from now, PA would be solidly for the right wing economic party. The Philly Burbs already make up 25% of the state. By that time, they could make up nearly 50% of the state.  Here's a map of the growing suburbs.

Green is dying cities
Yellow is growing suburbs
Orange is stagnant rural areas

Pretty good map I guess. Although Centre county is growing...and Fulton county is starting to get some Washington DC exurbs (Interstate 70 enters PA in Fulton county).
danwxman

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 07:16:27 PM »

If states voted on economic issues 25 years from now, PA would be solidly for the right wing economic party. The Philly Burbs already make up 25% of the state. By that time, they could make up nearly 50% of the state.  Here's a map of the growing suburbs.

Green is dying cities

I would say that that map is pretty accurate.  Though, I would take Centre County out of the "stagnant" rural category, because State College is growing pretty rapidly and there is an expected merger with the surrounding townships soon.

And Pittsburgh is starting to turn around.  They just need to get back on their feet financially.  The city itself is doing pretty well, even if city government is in miserable shape.

Didn't Pittsburgh just announce a budget SURPLUS? Hooray for them!
danwxman

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 07:49:50 PM »

Green is dying cities

I would say that that map is pretty accurate.  Though, I would take Centre County out of the "stagnant" rural category, because State College is growing pretty rapidly and there is an expected merger with the surrounding townships soon.

And Pittsburgh is starting to turn around.  They just need to get back on their feet financially.  The city itself is doing pretty well, even if city government is in miserable shape.

Didn't Pittsburgh just announce a budget SURPLUS? Hooray for them!

We did? I must have missed it because of all the negative "City Under Siege" reporting that was going on.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/trib/pittsburgh/s_329091.html
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies