What is the next issue that will animate the Forum the most? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:40:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is the next issue that will animate the Forum the most? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the next issue that will animate the Forum the most?  (Read 1691 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: May 01, 2015, 08:16:56 AM »

When it comes to public policy issues, my impression is that the Affordable Care Act created the most action, and now it is SSM. But the odds are, that SSM will be departing from the public square soon, via one Constitutional legal path or another, as in about six weeks from now. So what do you think the next issue will be the gets the juices going around here, if any?  I suppose what the POTUS candidates focus on might have some influence perhaps. Myself, I have no idea really. Maybe nothing, and policy interests will become more "Balkanized."
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 09:13:57 AM »

That is not a public policy issue. Your perceptions about what goes on in the Cave are typically the opposite of what you think anyway, my friend.  When are you going to be inducted into the NY Bar by the way? If it is on May 13, we might run into each other. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 11:46:59 AM »

The success of the liberal left progression to anarchy; to where, law and the court are of no use, to which, brutal uncivil force ensues with Shakespeare prevailing leaving 101 law looking for work.

…hmm, nah, that’s not an issue.

Damn, no problem, what’s a lawyer to do?

Break the law, known in lawyer speak as creating precedence.  

Translation. You see, with the liberal left enervating the saliency of the rule of law, as opposed to the rule of the mob, Shakespeare's comment about killing all the lawyers will become a reality. They are no longer needed. Oh damn, lawyers never die, they don't even fade away. They are like maggots, you just can't get rid of them. And how will lawyers survive it all?  Well, of course by being the spear carriers for judicial activism, with their common law case law precedents which trash statutory law, making them a functional part of the lawless mob themselves. So it's all good - at least for lawyers.

How did I do? Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 12:38:41 PM »

t_host1 is now posting in the Forum Community board and calling Torie light in the loafers!

This thread is a self-fulfilling prophecy!

Missed and don't get the homo reference, but whatever. Facts are facts, after all. The host discerns all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies