Doniphan County (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:55:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Doniphan County (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Doniphan County  (Read 6089 times)
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« on: May 01, 2005, 03:49:38 PM »

Leslie, Kentucky has always voted Republican; Elliot, Kentucky has always voted Democratic. I'll put up more as I find them.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 03:53:34 PM »

Northampton, North Carolina has always voted Democratic.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 06:21:36 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2005, 06:29:10 PM by Bob »

Leslie, Kentucky has always voted Republican

I think this is for every single race in the county's history or something daft; although it came shockingly close to voting for Mongiardo in last year's Senate race (Leslie is in his State Senate district).

That reminds me of Jackson County- it came within a single vote of going Democratic in the 1999 gubernatorial race. That probably would have been the first time it ever voted for a Democrat.

BTW, the best FDR ever did in Jackson was in 1932, when he managed to crack a staggering 16 percent of the vote (it gave Smith 3 percent in 1928, so that was a strong showing Wink).
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 08:34:15 PM »

*Bump*

Putnam, Missouri has always gone Republican.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 02:50:24 PM »

The amazing thing about South Central KY is that the Republicans from there (Hal Rogers is a good example) are fairly moderate, at least economically (in direct contrast to the nutters in Northern KY...)

Those areas are historically quite populist... They're old school Republicans, from the Civil War era. They loathed the slave owning aristocrats of the lowlands, and fought against them. Then they voted against them- it's just that now they're on the same side, since the conservative old time Democrats have switched parties.

It's not suprising that the anti-elitist attitudes of south-central Kentucky and eastern Tennessee have survived, due to their traditionalism, isolation, and small populations.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 06:54:58 PM »

I've found some more counties that have always voted Republican: Wayne, Tennessee; Cocke, Tennessee; Yadkin, North Carolina; Carroll, Illinois; Gasconade, Missouri; Taney, Missouri; Clinton, Kentucky; Rockcastle, Kentucky; Butler, Kentucky; Cumberland, Kentucky; Monroe, Kentucky; Russell, Kentucky.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies