If the GOP keeps losing, when would a viable replacement party emerge?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:39:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  If the GOP keeps losing, when would a viable replacement party emerge?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: At which presidential election?

After 2044

Never would happen

The Dems. would be challenged from the left

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: If the GOP keeps losing, when would a viable replacement party emerge?  (Read 5568 times)
Sedona
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.78

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 05:53:24 AM »

I can honestly see it happening eventually.  Sure the parties are always in the public eye and exposed to greater media, so it would be harder to have a party be replaced, but that does not mean that it is impossible.  Some people are claiming that the blue wall will collapse, and it will eventually, but they do not realize the chance of the red wall collapsing as well.  If the Republicans keep on losing, certain red states will become available in time.  Though the blue wall will fall, I feel that it will coincide with the collapse of the red wall and, in the election following the collapses, the Dems will come out on top once more.  However, the GOP could survive all of this.  After a string of successes, the Dems will most likely move from centre-right to centre-left.  And then, to insure survival, the GOP will have to become Prog-Cons to return.  If they don't, they could see competition from the Libertarians or some other new party.
bobloblaw
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2015, 04:03:54 PM »

They don't need the Presidency when they have the House, Senate, Supreme Court, media, and the Presidents are spineless like Clinton and Obama.

As long as you realize just how far out of the mainstream you are, especially calling the media conservative, God bless you for your posts!  They're great, LOL.

The media is conservative, except for Salon.com. The rest of the media didn't dare criticize Bush for over a year after he failed to prevent 9/11. Salon.com had the balls to have this article the next day. Crickets from the NY Times, Washington Post, NPR, and the rest of the supposedly liberal media. Gary Hart is of course a FF.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010917041617/http://www.salon.com/politics/feature/2001/09/12/bush/index.html

Except he didnt fail to prevent a plot that was hatched in 1995. The PDB of 8/6/2001 make no specific  threats.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2015, 05:27:04 PM »

1936 and 1964 did not kill the GOP, even five losses in a row from 1932 to 1948. The era from the civil war until the New Deal, with only two Democratic presidents, did also not kill Democrats.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 05:51:29 PM »

2016, is gonna be a close; competetive campaign. The economy is growing at 0.2 percent.  I wouldnt be so confident if I were the Dems. They can risk playing it safe like the did in 2014; and Jeb Bush can sneak up, like they did before. In either case, whoever wins the prez, will still have a slow economy to deal with.
bobloblaw
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2015, 11:15:08 PM »

2016, is gonna be a close; competetive campaign. The economy is growing at 0.2 percent.  I wouldnt be so confident if I were the Dems. They can risk playing it safe like the did in 2014; and Jeb Bush can sneak up, like they did before. In either case, whoever wins the prez, will still have a slow economy to deal with.

Jeb isnt going to be the nominee and he certainly wont be President
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2015, 08:17:40 AM »

First assertion: untrue.
Second assertion: true.
bobloblaw
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2015, 03:52:16 PM »

History (liberals seem to love historical inevitability), says that 2016 will not only be close, but closer than 2012 (which was the 3rd closest re-election in US history). You have to go back t0 1904, to see where a party running for its third term won by a larger margin than in the previous election.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2015, 03:57:17 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2015, 04:14:32 PM by OC »

I didnt say we secularist will lose; assumption is that Dems will lock up FL and the senate is simply untrue.  The route to the majority in presidential and senate campaigns is lock down NV & PA and IL and WI; and win OH or CO. 290 frewal is alive and well; en route to 272 electors.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2015, 07:14:22 AM »

History (liberals seem to love historical inevitability), says that 2016 will not only be close, but closer than 2012 (which was the 3rd closest re-election in US history). You have to go back t0 1904, to see where a party running for its third term won by a larger margin than in the previous election.

I believe you were responding to a different post than the one you quoted.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2015, 10:53:51 AM »

Maybe 2024.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2015, 01:14:21 PM »

Likely never. Things were much less stable in the early Republic when parties came and went.  The GOP won 14 out of 18 presidential elections (and won the popular vote 12 times) from 1860-1928 and the Democrats still survived.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2015, 02:19:12 PM »

What would happen to the majority of elected legislators? (You know, the Republican ones who outnumber Democrats in most States.)
bobloblaw
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2015, 11:34:06 AM »

What would happen to the majority of elected legislators? (You know, the Republican ones who outnumber Democrats in most States.)

Not to mention governors, local officials, House members etc.

The GOP is in far better shape than the Dems were in 1972. The Dems controlled everything except the WH which they lost by 22 points. In 2014, the GOP controls everything having lost the WH by 4 points. We are much closer to a large GOP majority today than the Dems were in the 1970s and 80s.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2015, 11:42:34 AM »

What happens in 2018; when the bulk of GOP govs are term limited.  Dems are poised to pick up: IL, MI, NM, ME, MD and keep CO.

Then, in 2020; reapportionment starts all over again.

New Dem govs will include Emily Cain; ME, Lisa Madigan or Bill Daley in IL; and Stephanie Rawlings or Kathline Kennedy-Townsend of MD.

Not to mention; should Kennedy step down from SCoTUS; Loretta Lynch will be named by Hilary to that seat. Kennedy and Ginnsberg should give Clinton 2 more Appointments.
bobloblaw
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2015, 12:42:44 PM »

What happens in 2018; when the bulk of GOP govs are term limited.  Dems are poised to pick up: IL, MI, NM, ME, MD and keep CO.

New Dem govs will include Emily Cain; ME, Lisa Madigan or Bill Daley in IL; and Stephanie Rawlings or Kathline Kennedy-Townsend of MD.

Not to mention; should Kennedy step down from SCoTUS; Loretta Lynch will be named by Hilary to that seat. Kennedy and Ginnsberg should give Clinton 2 more Appointments.

Dream on pal. If Hillary is president 2018 will be another 2014 disaster for the Dems. MI??? Seriously??? They have no bench in MI or OH. Maybe PA will go GOP and give two one term govs the boot in a row. Lisa Madigan cant leave her AG post so long as DADDY in in the General Assembly or else he'll get indicted. ME??? You cant even beat the most right wing gov in America.

Nope, GOP is looking at 35 or more govs by 2018. Ill even place say Rauner is 50/50 and Hogan better than 50/50.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2015, 03:31:51 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2015, 03:34:02 PM by OC »

Bill Daley said he wants to run for gov and as for Larry Hogan; Kathlene Kennedy Townsend says she wants to run.  As for ME; Emily Cain will definately win.

If Wolf approvals are low enough; Bob Casey JR will run.

Pa; IL; MD; ME will go Democratic.

I am an optimist, but 2018; I assure you wont be 2014. Obama's approvals were 43 percent. At worst Clinton approvals will be 47-49 percent.
bobloblaw
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2015, 08:04:48 PM »

Bill Daley said he wants to run for gov and as for Larry Hogan; Kathlene Kennedy Townsend says she wants to run.  As for ME; Emily Cain will definately win.

If Wolf approvals are low enough; Bob Casey JR will run.

Pa; IL; MD; ME will go Democratic.

I am an optimist, but 2018; I assure you wont be 2014. Obama's approvals were 43 percent. At worst Clinton approvals will be 47-49 percent.

KKT is a loser. Obama has a much higher floor than Hillary does. Id love Bob Casey to run, because it will tear the Dem party apart in PA. There will be a recession by 2018, Clinton will be sub 40%, something that didnt happen to Obama for more than a week or two at RCP.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2015, 08:04:45 PM »

2028, most likely as the Democratic Party splits due to its unwieldiness. Such has happened twice.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2015, 04:38:15 AM »

Maybe even Obama gets another appointment.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2015, 09:26:15 AM »

Reguardless; Loretta Lynch should be the nominee; she passed the test of a GOP senate, either by a Clinton or Obama; hopefully for Kennedy's seat, by 2021.

If there is a third term Dem administration, Kennedy will feel pressure to retire.
hopper
United States

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2015, 02:37:12 PM »

They don't need the Presidency when they have the House, Senate, Supreme Court, media, and the Presidents are spineless like Clinton and Obama.

As long as you realize just how far out of the mainstream you are, especially calling the media conservative, God bless you for your posts!  They're great, LOL.

The media is conservative, except for Salon.com.
The rest of the media didn't dare criticize Bush for over a year after he failed to prevent 9/11. Salon.com had the balls to have this article the next day. Crickets from the NY Times, Washington Post, NPR, and the rest of the supposedly liberal media. Gary Hart is of course a FF.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010917041617/http://www.salon.com/politics/feature/2001/09/12/bush/index.html
Ha, Ha your funny. NY Times is strongly a Dem paper. Washington Post is left of center. I never listened to NPR so I can't speak of them
hopper
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2015, 02:47:36 PM »

Reagan and Nixon did perfectly well with divided govt. It is so much a problem; that the GOP, not Dems are worried that Obama and Hilary may have to face.

It is only until the end of the decade; and Congress will level off, as bulk of GOP governors are term limited and reapportionment will be back.

Xavier Beracera; not Pelosi wil be next Speaker, after Boehner.

Yeah if and when the Dems win back the US House. The GOP has had the House Majority for 16 out of the last 20 years.
hopper
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2015, 02:54:45 PM »

I can honestly see it happening eventually.  Sure the parties are always in the public eye and exposed to greater media, so it would be harder to have a party be replaced, but that does not mean that it is impossible.  Some people are claiming that the blue wall will collapse, and it will eventually, but they do not realize the chance of the red wall collapsing as well.  If the Republicans keep on losing, certain red states will become available in time.  Though the blue wall will fall, I feel that it will coincide with the collapse of the red wall and, in the election following the collapses, the Dems will come out on top once more.  However, the GOP could survive all of this.  After a string of successes, the Dems will most likely move from centre-right to centre-left.  And then, to insure survival, the GOP will have to become Prog-Cons to return.  If they don't, they could see competition from the Libertarians or some other new party.
The Dems are centre-left just check DW-Nominate. True about the GOP though that they will have to have a Progressive-Conservatism in the future to win the Presidency.

Still the GOP can still win Governorships and State Legislature even if the Dems win the Presidency. The GOP seems to be better suited governing at the State Level than say the Presidency right now.
hopper
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2015, 02:57:39 PM »

The media isn't conservative, but it sure falls hard over itself to help the Republicans.
Obama.
hopper
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2015, 03:15:20 PM »

Funny....Republican Voters think Congressional Republicans are spinless:

1.) Don't repeal ObamaCare
2.) Give Obama Fast Track Authority on "TPP"
3.) Don't repeal Obama's Executive Amnesty.

I just think in divided government neither side gets what it wants except for Number 2 on my list. 1.) and 3.) The Republicans could do nothing about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies