California 100 years from now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:04:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  California 100 years from now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: California 100 years from now  (Read 8301 times)
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2015, 08:51:09 AM »

By 2114, CA will be 90% Spanish, and likely in some type of confederation with Mexico

Spoken like a true nativist. I don't know if this ever came across to you, but people want to leave Mexico because they want to come here. Not because they want to feel entitled by welfare or something and join back with their ancestors. Over half of those who speak Spanish as their primary language also speak English fluently according to the census. The same people who think like you would've been the same people who said Catholics and eastern Europeans wouldn't integrate into America and wouldn't feel proud of their country in the 1920's.

Very true.  Bobloblaw seems like a Dixiecrat of days passed - looking down on the rich, anti-immigration, suspicious of "elites" yet has little substantive to say.

Exactly why he has no place in the Republican Party.  He sounds like an intolerant fool every time he speaks.

youre irrelevant in the GOP even in ME. You dont even have pull in your own state. Paul Lepage is not Rockefeller wimp. 

I'd like to hear you agree with or refute the claim that your views are more or less that of a Dixiecrat.

Im from Illinois and Jewish

Glad you didn't bother to address the question about your actual views.
bobloblaw
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2015, 12:41:04 PM »

By 2114, CA will be 90% Spanish, and likely in some type of confederation with Mexico

Spoken like a true nativist. I don't know if this ever came across to you, but people want to leave Mexico because they want to come here. Not because they want to feel entitled by welfare or something and join back with their ancestors. Over half of those who speak Spanish as their primary language also speak English fluently according to the census. The same people who think like you would've been the same people who said Catholics and eastern Europeans wouldn't integrate into America and wouldn't feel proud of their country in the 1920's.

Very true.  Bobloblaw seems like a Dixiecrat of days passed - looking down on the rich, anti-immigration, suspicious of "elites" yet has little substantive to say.

Exactly why he has no place in the Republican Party.  He sounds like an intolerant fool every time he speaks.

youre irrelevant in the GOP even in ME. You dont even have pull in your own state. Paul Lepage is not Rockefeller wimp. 

I'd like to hear you agree with or refute the claim that your views are more or less that of a Dixiecrat.

You do know people once thought of the Jews the way you see Mexicans, right?

(Note:  I'm not even a great fan of open borders, but I am 100% opposed to bigotry)

So?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2015, 05:05:52 PM »

You do know people once thought of the Jews the way you see Mexicans, right?

(Note:  I'm not even a great fan of open borders, but I am 100% opposed to bigotry)

So?

My point is, there used to be a bunch of people who thought you folks were all a bunch of Communists who would never integrate with true American culture.  They were wrong. 

My concern is that our complicated welfare system inhibits income mobility by discouraging advancement in earned income, which may impede Hispanic mobility; however, I have no doubt that Hispanics will integrate in due time into our society fully.  They already have to an extent, and will continue to do so.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2015, 08:00:35 PM »

1. Will humanity exist? Think of the possibility of global thermonuclear war.

2. Will California be part of the United States? Consider that the United States could be partitioned, greatly shrunken, or even eliminated from the map should its leadership get America into a catastrophic war or two.

3. Will California support 35 million people? If the climatic of Baja California shifts north, then the only parts of California that could be populated densely would be the equivalents of Tijuana to Ensenada and La Paz.  Crescent City to Eureka and greater San Diego.  35 million to ten million  -- a smaller population than Michigan as even Yosemite becomes a lunar landscape.

That implies about 40 electoral votes gone elsewhere.

bobloblaw
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2015, 08:41:34 AM »

1. Will humanity exist? Think of the possibility of global thermonuclear war.

2. Will California be part of the United States? Consider that the United States could be partitioned, greatly shrunken, or even eliminated from the map should its leadership get America into a catastrophic war or two.

3. Will California support 35 million people? If the climatic of Baja California shifts north, then the only parts of California that could be populated densely would be the equivalents of Tijuana to Ensenada and La Paz.  Crescent City to Eureka and greater San Diego.  35 million to ten million  -- a smaller population than Michigan as even Yosemite becomes a lunar landscape.

That implies about 40 electoral votes gone elsewhere.

Questions 2 and 3 are very valid.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies