California 100 years from now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:24:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  California 100 years from now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: California 100 years from now  (Read 8304 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 09:37:22 PM »

There are far fewer "rich" liberals in the US than this forum likes to believe, and there are without a doubt more rich conservatives.  This idea that the Democratic Party is 50% minorities and 50% rich PhD cosmopolitans who play hero and look out for said minorities' interests is ... well, it's funny.

CA is a state run for and by the wealthy liberal elites.

Yet its most affluent county (Orange) is a GOP stronghold.  There's not a blue state in the Union that Democrats have these mythical "liberal elites" to thank for their margins of victory.

Have you heard of the bay area? The poorest county in the bay area has the same median income as Orange County.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 09:39:51 PM »

There are far fewer "rich" liberals in the US than this forum likes to believe, and there are without a doubt more rich conservatives.  This idea that the Democratic Party is 50% minorities and 50% rich PhD cosmopolitans who play hero and look out for said minorities' interests is ... well, it's funny.

CA is a state run for and by the wealthy liberal elites.

Yet its most affluent county (Orange) is a GOP stronghold.  There's not a blue state in the Union that Democrats have these mythical "liberal elites" to thank for their margins of victory.

Have you heard of the bay area? The poorest county in the bay area has the same median income as Orange County.

The bay area is very wealthy if you ignore cost of living.
bobloblaw
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2015, 10:51:25 PM »

I question I have about CA, is will there be white flight once hispancs constitute an electoral majority. Right now whites are 38% and hispancs 39% of the population. But of the electorate Whites still make up 70% of those who vote on election day.

Also no one ever gives up political power voluntarily. What will the white gentry liberals do to keep power in a state that is majority hispanic? Blacks in LA used the same tactics to prevent hispanics from gaining power in the 1990s that whites used against blacks in the 1960s

Liberal rich ones do

Not every white person hates living around minorities.

They do? That's news to me, based on the fact that whites who live around minorities tend to be more liberal, and, in places like NYC, richer.

Yes, there's whites who don't like living around minorities, but they're usually working class or conservative.

Yeah, those liberals wall themselves off. Their only contact with minorities is when they happen to see them cutting their grass

That's not true, though. Certainly of some, yeah, but of all? Most assuredly not.

So which Gentry Liberals live amongst the unwashed?

Those in New York City? Or any major city, for that matter?

On please, they live in enclaves in Manhattan separated from everyone else. Same in Chicago along the Gold Coast.

Irrelevant. They still live in the same city. I mean, Manhattan isn't separated from everyone else either, you'd know that if you've ever been here, but I digress, let's assume that your point is correct.

It's still the same city. The same state. There's no out-of-state exodus going on.

Try walking up to some of the wealthiest citizen's apartments and see how far you get. NYC is the most unequal city in the US

I regularly walk past them because I live here? Income inequality has nothing to any of the points being debated here. The point still stands that the "wealthy liberals" who apparently fear minorities as you say they do live in the same city as them and interact with them on a regular basis without running for the hills or being overtaken by some strange notion that there's something to fear from living amongst minorities.

You dont like that I pointed out that rich liberals dont like living among the great unwashed. They dont and youre free to wallow in your preconceived notions of liberal egalitarianism
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2015, 12:35:24 AM »

I question I have about CA, is will there be white flight once hispancs constitute an electoral majority. Right now whites are 38% and hispancs 39% of the population. But of the electorate Whites still make up 70% of those who vote on election day.

Also no one ever gives up political power voluntarily. What will the white gentry liberals do to keep power in a state that is majority hispanic? Blacks in LA used the same tactics to prevent hispanics from gaining power in the 1990s that whites used against blacks in the 1960s

Liberal rich ones do

They do? That's news to me, based on the fact that whites who live around minorities tend to be more liberal, and, in places like NYC, richer.

Yes, there's whites who don't like living around minorities, but they're usually working class or conservative.

Yeah, those liberals wall themselves off. Their only contact with minorities is when they happen to see them cutting their grass

That's not true, though. Certainly of some, yeah, but of all? Most assuredly not.

On please, they live in enclaves in Manhattan separated from everyone else. Same in Chicago along the Gold Coast.

Irrelevant. They still live in the same city. I mean, Manhattan isn't separated from everyone else either, you'd know that if you've ever been here, but I digress, let's assume that your point is correct.

It's still the same city. The same state. There's no out-of-state exodus going on.

Try walking up to some of the wealthiest citizen's apartments and see how far you get. NYC is the most unequal city in the US

I regularly walk past them because I live here? Income inequality has nothing to any of the points being debated here. The point still stands that the "wealthy liberals" who apparently fear minorities as you say they do live in the same city as them and interact with them on a regular basis without running for the hills or being overtaken by some strange notion that there's something to fear from living amongst minorities.

You dont like that I pointed out that rich liberals dont like living among the great unwashed. They dont and youre free to wallow in your preconceived notions of liberal egalitarianism

I mean, if you're going to change the argument to "they live in separate parts of the city", then sure. But what's that prove? Neighborhoods are usually tailored to certain class or ethnic groups. Outside of the apartments where they live, they're intermingling with everybody else anyway. So what's the point?
bobloblaw
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2015, 10:32:32 AM »

Liberal rich ones do

I mean, if you're going to change the argument to "they live in separate parts of the city", then sure. But what's that prove? Neighborhoods are usually tailored to certain class or ethnic groups. Outside of the apartments where they live, they're intermingling with everybody else anyway. So what's the point?

A great 538 Blog article in how NYC is the most racially segregate city in America. Now while race segregation isnt wealth segregation, it is highly correlated Id bet.

"Tailored to different classes" So there you admitted it
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2015, 08:20:53 PM »

A great 538 Blog article in how NYC is the most racially segregate city in America. Now while race segregation isnt wealth segregation, it is highly correlated Id bet.

The thing is that people may live in different apartments or condos or what have you, but they're interacting with each other everyday.

And yes. In every city there's neighborhoods of wealth and those of non-wealth. That has nothing to do with white people fleeing though.
bobloblaw
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2015, 09:26:05 PM »

The thing is that people may live in different apartments or condos or what have you, but they're interacting with each other everyday.

And yes. In every city there's neighborhoods of wealth and those of non-wealth. That has nothing to do with white people fleeing though.

No, they arent interacting with one another every day.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2015, 01:45:46 PM »

Yes they are. I know you probably have this idea in your head that they aren't, but I actually live here and have more knowledge on the subject, based on seeing it happen everyday, then you have just by conjuring up this fantasy about what you think.
bobloblaw
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2015, 04:04:31 PM »

Yes they are. I know you probably have this idea in your head that they aren't, but I actually live here and have more knowledge on the subject, based on seeing it happen everyday, then you have just by conjuring up this fantasy about what you think.

No you dont have knowledge
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2015, 06:48:37 PM »

lol. This thread has demonstrated I have more than you in just about every way.

Sorry. Smiley
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2015, 10:34:23 PM »

Sorry. Smiley

+1. Talking with people who don't bother himself with presenting arguments and limit himself to empty statements is useless))))
bobloblaw
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 08:51:54 AM »

Youre from NY, you have none what so ever.

Sorry. Smiley
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2015, 09:43:49 AM »

It is 2115 and California is recovering the the Great Quake of 2067. Between the largest earth quake in state history and a drought that is now over 100 years long, much of what was is lost. In the sound and central is a giant uninhabited desert where the remains of ghost cities are being reclaimed into nature. California is, as of the  2110 census, 37% Asian, 34% Hispanic, 16% Caucasian, 12% Black, and 1% Native American.

On the state level 4 parties compete for dominance.
The Liberal Party: A socially progressive, fiscally centrist party, formed from the ashes of the Democratic Party after they were eclipsed by the Green movement in the mid 21st century.

The Green Party: After years of drought and and natural disasters people began taking the Green Party seriously. In 2045 they won the Governor's office for the first time and from 2069-2083 held control of the state legislature.

The New Conservative Party: After years of repeated failures the California GOP disbanded in 2027 after receiving only 8% of the vote in the 2026 gubernatorial race. Soon filling the void to replace them were the People's Party and the Conservative Party. Agreeing that they were only hurting each other, they merged to form the moderate New Conservative Party.

Latino National Party: Founded as a tiny fringe party in the early 21st century, the LNP saw an explosion in growth following the Great Quake of 2067 after millions of Hispanics felt like they were ignored during the crisis. For the most part the party is centered around greater Hispanic representation, its more extreme factions advocate the complete Independence of SoCal.

The Gubernatorial Election of 2114:

Carlos Ho (NCP) - 30%
Anita Cartwell (GR) - 27%
Jane Davis-Johnson (LIB) - 26%
Jaime Lopez (LNP) - 17%
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 11:44:47 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2015, 01:32:55 PM by NYMillennial »

Youre from NY, you have none what so ever.

I have more than you. Smiley

If you don't want to believe that, you can keep being wrong. You've been wrong this entire thread, it wouldn't be much of a change for you. Smiley
bobloblaw
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2015, 04:46:56 PM »

It is 2115 and California is recovering the the Great Quake of 2067. Between the largest earth quake in state history and a drought that is now over 100 years long, much of what was is lost. In the sound and central is a giant uninhabited desert where the remains of ghost cities are being reclaimed into nature. California is, as of the  2110 census, 37% Asian, 34% Hispanic, 16% Caucasian, 12% Black, and 1% Native American.

On the state level 4 parties compete for dominance.
The Liberal Party: A socially progressive, fiscally centrist party, formed from the ashes of the Democratic Party after they were eclipsed by the Green movement in the mid 21st century.

The Green Party: After years of drought and and natural disasters people began taking the Green Party seriously. In 2045 they won the Governor's office for the first time and from 2069-2083 held control of the state legislature.

The New Conservative Party: After years of repeated failures the California GOP disbanded in 2027 after receiving only 8% of the vote in the 2026 gubernatorial race. Soon filling the void to replace them were the People's Party and the Conservative Party. Agreeing that they were only hurting each other, they merged to form the moderate New Conservative Party.

Latino National Party: Founded as a tiny fringe party in the early 21st century, the LNP saw an explosion in growth following the Great Quake of 2067 after millions of Hispanics felt like they were ignored during the crisis. For the most part the party is centered around greater Hispanic representation, its more extreme factions advocate the complete Independence of SoCal.

The Gubernatorial Election of 2114:

Carlos Ho (NCP) - 30%
Anita Cartwell (GR) - 27%
Jane Davis-Johnson (LIB) - 26%
Jaime Lopez (LNP) - 17%

By 2114, CA will be 90% Spanish, and likely in some type of confederation with Mexico
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2015, 09:00:35 PM »

You really don't understand why people are leaving Mexico, do you?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2015, 12:45:44 PM »

By 2114, CA will be 90% Spanish, and likely in some type of confederation with Mexico

Spoken like a true nativist. I don't know if this ever came across to you, but people want to leave Mexico because they want to come here. Not because they want to feel entitled by welfare or something and join back with their ancestors. Over half of those who speak Spanish as their primary language also speak English fluently according to the census. The same people who think like you would've been the same people who said Catholics and eastern Europeans wouldn't integrate into America and wouldn't feel proud of their country in the 1920's.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2015, 06:29:02 PM »

Spoken like a true nativist. I don't know if this ever came across to you, but people want to leave Mexico because they want to come here. Not because they want to feel entitled by welfare or something and join back with their ancestors. Over half of those who speak Spanish as their primary language also speak English fluently according to the census. The same people who think like you would've been the same people who said Catholics and eastern Europeans wouldn't integrate into America and wouldn't feel proud of their country in the 1920's.

Very true.  Bobloblaw seems like a Dixiecrat of days passed - looking down on the rich, anti-immigration, suspicious of "elites" yet has little substantive to say.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2015, 07:54:46 PM »

Very true.  Bobloblaw seems like a Dixiecrat of days passed - looking down on the rich, anti-immigration, suspicious of "elites" yet has little substantive to say.

Exactly why he has no place in the Republican Party.  He sounds like an intolerant fool every time he speaks.
bobloblaw
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2015, 11:37:15 AM »

You really don't understand why people are leaving Mexico, do you?

because of a corrupt white elite that runs Mexico and doesnt want to address the social and economic problems in the country.

If you people think borders are permanent, think again. There has already been white flight from CA. According to the census bureau over 2 million whites have left CA since 1990 and in fact over 150,000 blacks have left too.

At the very least some type of autonomy will be given to CA and possibly the other SW states by 2050 or 2060. CA will be like PQ is today, only PQ doesnt border France.
bobloblaw
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2015, 11:39:41 AM »

Exactly why he has no place in the Republican Party.  He sounds like an intolerant fool every time he speaks.

youre irrelevant in the GOP even in ME. You dont even have pull in your own state. Paul Lepage is not Rockefeller wimp. 
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2015, 02:03:39 PM »

youre irrelevant in the GOP even in ME. You dont even have pull in your own state. Paul Lepage is not Rockefeller wimp. 

I'd like to hear you agree with or refute the claim that your views are more or less that of a Dixiecrat.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2015, 02:41:59 PM »

I'd like to hear you agree with or refute the claim that your views are more or less that of a Dixiecrat.

No, Dixiectats gave US a lot of very smart politicians. And here we deal with Neanderthal fool...
bobloblaw
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2015, 08:02:09 PM »

Im from Illinois and Jewish
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2015, 11:13:19 PM »

Im from Illinois and Jewish

You do know people once thought of the Jews the way you see Mexicans, right?

(Note:  I'm not even a great fan of open borders, but I am 100% opposed to bigotry)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies