Atlas Campaign 2032
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:07:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Campaign 2032
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
Author Topic: Atlas Campaign 2032  (Read 63080 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: December 31, 2005, 04:10:49 AM »

Colorado: 47 Delegates
L. Longley (WA): 12.2%

This clearly shows that the country is coming around for me.  I estimate that at this rate, I will be getting 102% in the last few primaries.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #351 on: December 31, 2005, 10:46:35 AM »

Colorado: 47 Delegates
L. Longley (WA): 12.2%

This clearly shows that the country is coming around for me.  I estimate that at this rate, I will be getting 102% in the last few primaries.

YOU CAN DO IT L. LONGLEY
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #352 on: January 01, 2006, 08:18:31 PM »

Campaign ’32 Update

News in short from your humble correspondent, Wallace Phidipedes Kueeler, Publisher Emeritus

Iowa Governor’s Brother Now Thorn in Side of the Successful Campaign.

Governor Paul Brunsel (R-IA) is a man of high ideals and morals, but the same can not be said of his crazy brother Aaron “Hawkeye” Brunsel (John Birch Society-IA). “Hawkeye” Brunsel (a track and field star at his local college) is like Billy Carter, Roger Clinton, and the Reagan siblings wrapped into one. He would like nothing more than to see his younger brother get elected President of the United States, but his antics seem to be hurting Brunsel in the upcoming Super Tuesday Primaries (Brunsel leads in polls in Illinois and Michigan). Hawkeye (a nickname he got while serving in the air force from 2006-2010) decided yesterday to attend a campaign rally for Senator John Ford (R-CA) held in Cicero, Illinois. He held a sign stating, “Go back to Jew Land JEW Ford!” He also has called Veep hopeful Joe “Republic” Delaney, “Joe Repubic hair” several times. The funny thing, he is sober when he does these things. The next place he plans on visiting is Detroit, Michigan, where he will attempt to disrupt a gay pride parade. He has already made a sign stating, “Homofags can’t be Christians!” and “King Jesus will burn you all!” Governor Brunsel had no comment to give Campaign ’32.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #353 on: January 01, 2006, 08:58:42 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2006, 09:37:03 PM by Senator PBrunsel »

Super Tuesday make or break for several campaigns: GOP[/u]
Wallace P. Kueeler, Publisher Emeritus Campaign ‘32

FROM THE DESK OF THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF

The campaigns of several Republicans were severely wounded or ended yesterday, as few came out unscathed from the mad house that is now the Republican Primary.

Illinois: 127 Delegates
P. Brunsel (IA): 22.8%, 51 Delegates
C. Soult (PA): 21.3%, 50 Delegates
J. Ford (CA): 15.9%, 13 Delegates
C. Wixted (PA): 15.2%, 13 Delegates
S. Nichols (WA): 12.5%
J. Rights (FL): 8.6%
D. Smith (WY): 2.8%
J. Craddock (NC) and others: 0.9%

The wild actions of Governor Brunsel’s brother most likely did him in when it came to the Illinois Primary. Leading considerably in the polls a week before, Hawkeye Brunsel’s anti-Jewish attacks on Senator Ford hurt him in Jewish neighborhoods in the Chicago suburbs, which led to the high vote totals of Senator Wixted. Brunsel was visibly crushed when he made his “victory” address and many could only barely hear his baritone voice ring out when his campaign party sang the “Battle Hymn of the Republic.” His brother was not at the campaign party.

Michigan: 114 Delegates
J. Ford (CA): 28.3%, 38 Delegates
P. Brunsel (IA): 28%, 38 Delegates
C. Soult (PA): 27.4%, 38 Delegates
D. Smith (WY): 6.6%
S. Nichols (WA): 4.8%
C. Wixted (PA): 4.6%
J. Craddock (NC) and J. Rights (FL)*: 0.3%

*Rights, after being snubbed from a debate in East Lansing, withdrew his name from the ballot.

With this primary the campaign of Senate Minority Leader Steven Nichols is now ended. His campaign was once seen as a favorite, but it fell through the floor when the more likable conservative in the form of Governor Brunsel arose. In an address, given from the Lansing Hilton, with great composure (as it was clear by the glazed look in his eye he was crying) Nichols dropped out of the race for President, endorsing Brunsel. “I have tried so hard to do what was right for my state and my nation” declared the former candidate.

Washington: 117 Delegates
S. Nichols (WA): 62.3%, 117 Delegates
D. Smith (WY): 17.3%
J. Ford (CA): 11.8%
C. Soult (PA): 2.6%
P. Brunsel (IA): 2.2%
C. Wixted (PA): 1.7%
J. Rights (FL): 1.1%
J. Craddock (NC) and others: 0.1%

Posthumously Senator Nichols easily won his home state. Smith took a weak second place showing. It is expected at the GOP Convention in Philadelphia in July 2032 Nichols will release all his delegates to Brunsel.

Wisconsin: 95 Delegates
P. Brunsel (IA): 22.8%, 42 Delegates
C. Soult (PA): 19.2%, 33 Delegates
J. Ford (CA): 18.1%, 17 Delegates
C. Wixted (PA): 14.9%
S. Nichols (WA): 13.5%
D. Smith (WY): 9.6%
J. Rights (FL): 1.6%
J. Craddock (NC) and others: 0.3%

Now the match we’ve all been waiting for. Even with the backing of popular conservative Senator Ryan Noble (R-WI), Brunsel could not win an easy victory in the state of Wisconsin. Governor Adam Sarnstrom (D-WI) was out on the warpath against the “three GOP stooges” as he called them: Soult, Ford, and Brunsel. The three front-runners were attacked by an add campaign the wealthy computer executive turned partisan democratic Governor released on them. The most bruising one to Brunsel showed his brother at his counter gay rights demonstration in Detroit. Ford’s most damaging ad was  one that showed his record of supporting the regime in Saudi Arabia and the mass murders that the royal family was behind before and during the Saudi Civil War. Soult continued to be ravaged by the false impression he was a manic depressant who had been given electroshock therapy. The three GOP frontrunners appeared on stage in Madison the day before the primary to decry the “Democratic smear merchants” in Wisconsin. Though the Governor had funded the ads, he had no idea that they would go so negative as to ply into the personal lives of the candidates. He made a formal apology and dissolved his advertising group.

Still there is no clear front-runner in what is now a bruising campaign.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #354 on: January 01, 2006, 09:05:25 PM »

This is getting really interesting for the GOP nomination, no one has been able to break through. Nym's likely got the Democratic nomination wrapped up though.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #355 on: January 01, 2006, 09:38:51 PM »

As expected, I did rather poorly in Super Tuesday. It's the Assorted Other Primaries in the coming weeks that I am focusing most of my campaign energies on...
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #356 on: January 01, 2006, 09:39:09 PM »

Is Hawkeye's name really Aaron Brunsel?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #357 on: January 01, 2006, 11:32:54 PM »

I'm going to Detroit. Two 'Iowans' can play that game. Main focus on Washington though.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #358 on: January 02, 2006, 12:56:45 AM »

DETROIT WHAT

my nigga
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #359 on: January 02, 2006, 04:35:42 AM »

Delegate count:

Soult       259
Brunsel   235
Nichols    195
Ford        181
Rights       65
Smith        56
Craddock  18
Wixted      31
Berger      11
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #360 on: January 02, 2006, 09:21:04 AM »

Another great udate PB! And those tricky WI Governors. Tongue
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #361 on: January 02, 2006, 12:44:08 PM »

Super Tuesday: Democrats solidify behind Nyman

Senator Eric Nyman has coolly brushed aside his opponents in the race for the Democratic Presidential nomination. Unlike the GOP Race, this one seems like all is over but the shouting.

Illinois: 127 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 55.9%, 127 Delegates
G. Lundregen (MN): 12.8%
H. Bartlett (IA): 9.9%
P. Kramer (AR): 8.2%
K. Nation (NY): 7%
L. Longley (WA): 6.2%

Illinois fell in line under the Nyman Banner. It was expected however. The tired and bankrupted Bartlett Campaign and demoralized and confused Lundregen Wagon have been derailed. The biggest surprise of the primary was Senator Kramer’s finish over Senator Nation. Just like Senator Jeff Rights (R-FL), Kramer was able to appeal to Southern Illinois and those along the Kentucky border.

Michigan: 114 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 87.3%, 114 Delegates
H. Bartlett (IA): 4.3%
G. Lundregen (MN): 3.3%
P. Kramer (AR): 3.2%
K. Nation (NY): 1.7%
L. Longley (WA): 0.2%

Despite a last second swing through Michigan and an ad blitz that was admirable, Senator Bartlett couldn’t even break 5% in Michigan. Nyman easily won his home sate. The most popular Senator in the country easily took his home state, but received fewer votes than he did in his last election (where he received over 95% of the vote).

Washington: 117 Delegates
H. Bartlett (IA): 32.1%, 41 Delegates
L. Longley (WA): 32%, 41 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 30.2%, 35 Delegates
G. Lundregen (MN): 3.6%
K, Nation (NY): 1.9%
P. Kramer (AR): 0.2%

In the only race he’ll ever come close to winning, Senator Lucas Longley lost Washington by 24 votes to the last second campaign of Hugh Bartlett. Bartlett spent the last of his limited funds to narrowly defeat Longley in his home state. Longley was not upset, seeing how his goal is to come as close to win a primary without actually winning it.

Wisconsin: 95 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 38.2%, 48 delegates
G. Lundregen (MN): 36.3%, 47 delegates
H. Bartlett (IA): 13.6%
P. Kramer (AR): 6.3%
L. Longley (WA): 2.9%
K. Nation (NY): 2.7%

With this the long-shot candidacy of Senator Kevin Nation ended. He declared in his withdrawal speech from the Milwaukee Grand Hotel that he was bankrupted, bruises, and beaten. “This was not my year,” the Senator declared, “But I am not upset by it. The best candidate for our party is Senator Nyman, and he has my support.” His few delegates will most likely be given to Nyman at the Democratic Convention in Miami in August 2032. Governor Sarnstrom endorsed and campaigned actively for Nyman, and he was able to win a close victory over our beleaguered Veep.

The Libertarian Caucus in Michigan went comfortably for G. Leonard Hobbes. Why did I even cover this?

In conclusion:

The Democratic race is basically drawing to a close while the GOP beats itself to a bloody pulp. I believe that the next President will be a Michigan Democrat, but this is just my opinion.
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

« Reply #362 on: January 02, 2006, 04:39:40 PM »

G. Leonard Hobbes (FM-CA) rejoiced in his victory in Michigan today, calling the Libertarian Party "a nice group of folks" and then went on a rant for repealing privacy statutes.  (Kidding, kidding.)

Nice update PB!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #363 on: January 02, 2006, 04:47:34 PM »

And another good update you've given us PB! Keep them coming!
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #364 on: January 02, 2006, 04:57:00 PM »

Oh wow, I didn't know this was comming up so soon or I would have posted a strategy.  I would have hoped to do better in Wisconsin (working class mining and agricultural areas) and Michigan (working-class factory workers, but I guess I didn't get my name out well enough in these primaries, though I would have thought I'd have enough media attention by now to accomplish that.

Regardless, I'm going to keep running, unless Nym offers me a VP spot (right before the southern primaries or something).  But if he doesn't, I will be running through to the end.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #365 on: January 02, 2006, 05:19:33 PM »

Along the lines of what Preston said I would say Gabu should have done really good here, at least in the areas that aren't the cities. (Milwaukee, Madison)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: January 02, 2006, 10:24:47 PM »

Longley was not upset, seeing how his goal is to come as close to win a primary without actually winning it.

I WIN
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #367 on: January 03, 2006, 08:47:17 AM »

I hereby officially announce my candidacy for VP (I'll keep some stuff in CA and OR, maybe Hawaii...but that's it pretty much. Maybe a little bit in the northeast if I can afford it).
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

« Reply #368 on: January 03, 2006, 04:36:30 PM »

Early Prediction:

Hobbes/Dibble takes 60% of the vote and wins all fifty states, plus D.C.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #369 on: January 14, 2006, 09:56:39 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2006, 10:40:55 PM by PBrunsel »

Oh there’s chaos in the Land of Cotton: Surprising GOP Primary Results from the Dixie.
By Wallace P. Kueeler, publisher emeritus Campaign ‘32]

FROM THE DESK OF THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF

A second Civil War brewed in the South as the Republican Party continues to tear itself apart in this bitter primary. Senator Rights (R-FL) was assuming he would do extremely well in the South, but he has been stopped in his tracks by the Governor of Pennsylvania and a Senator from California.

Alabama: 42 Delegates
J. Rights (FL): 24.8%, 18 Delegates
J. Ford (CA): 22.1%, 12 Delegates
P. Brunsel (IA): 22%, 12 Delegates
J. Craddock (NC): 16.4%
C. Soult (PA): 10.8%
D. Smith (WY): 2.3%
C. Wixted (PA): 1.6%

This is a surprise to me, a complete surprise. Rights screwed this one up a big amount, and I have no idea why. He said everything they wanted to hear. He waved the Stars and Bars and spoke about right-winged populism, so this result throws me a curve. The reason I feel that Ford took second was due to his momentum from the last Super Tuesday. Ford was able to use his strength from two weeks ago in a state that does not really fit his political views that well. I can say that this is promising for Ford to say the least. Brunsel was able to use the issues of abortion and school prayer to his advantage, but he has begun to appear as a Religious Rightist much like the Reverend Joshua Craddock. Craddock had his thunder stolen by Brunsel; I would expect him to drop out by next week.

Arkansas: 41 Delegates
J. Rights (FL): 23.8%, 14 Delegates
C. Soult (PA): 23.4%, 13 Delegates
J. Craddock (NC): 20.1%, 8 Delegates
J. Ford (CA): 18.3%, 6 Delegates
P. Brunsel (IA): 12.8%
C. Wixted (PA): 1%
C. Wixted (PA): 0.6%

Soult has proven that superior funding can overtake a powerful blue-collar campaign. It surprises me that Rights won this one by .4% (or about 1,000 votes). Right’s campaign machine was at full force trying to get every factory worker, farm hand, and would be-rebel out to the polling place to cast their votes for “Senator Confed.” Soult was able to use his own populist rhetoric to make the race close. His support amongst minority and
women voters was the highest he has ever received in a primary.

Georgia: 91 Delegates
J. Rights (FL): 23.9%, 42 Delegates
J. Ford (CA): 23.3%, 41 delegates
C. Soult (PA): 19%, 5 Delegates
J. Craddock (NC): 18.2%, 3 Delegates
P. Brunsel (IA): 13.6%
C. Wixted (PA): 1.4%
D. Smith (WY): 0.6%

The Senator went down to Georgia, he was looking for some voted to take. He was in a bind, cuz’ he was way behind, and in the delegates he did rake. I hate rhyming; I will never try at it again. Ford was able to capitalize on his support from Atlanta suburbs and nearly topple Rights in this state just north of his home territory. Brunsel made the mistake of playing “Marching through Georgia” while visiting the Carter Museum in Atlanta. You’d think a man who is a self-described “historian” would know better.

Kentucky: 51 Delegates
C. Soult (PA):28.9%, 21 Delegates
J. Rights (FL): 24.4%, 18 Delegates
P. Brunsel (IA): 22.8%, 12 Delegates
J. Craddock (NC): 14.3%
J. Ford (CA): 8.7%
C. Wixted (PA): 0.3%

Governor Soult took Kentucky by a surprisingly larger margin than even I expected. I will say that Soult was able to use his regional strength well. Kentucky has never really been called a “rust belt” or “Bible belt” state. The “Bible belt” group was out in force for Rights, who saw Craddock play spoiler for him as the Reverend took nearly 15% of the vote. Soult met one odd moment during the campaign where eccentric (and odd) author, editor, and conspiracy theorist Tim Brown attempted to throw a pie at him during the Brunsel vs. Ford vs. Soult Debates in Louisville, but he missed and hit Ford right in the face! Brunsel broke into laughter, thus making him more hated by elitists.

Louisiana: 97 Delegates
J. Rights (FL): 23.1%, 37 Delegates
J. Ford (CA): 21.1%, 32 Delegates
C. Soult (PA): 20.3%, 15 Delegates
P. Brunsel (IA): 18.7%, 13 Delegates
J. Craddock (NC): 16.3%
D. Smith (WY): 0.3%
C. Wixted (PA): 0.2%

The population boom of Louisiana since 2006 seems to have helped Ford. A growth of suburbs around the former site of New Orleans voted strongly for the Californian Senator, thus nearly giving him victory in this Deep Southern state. The influx of retirees helped Soult sell his ideas on how to save Social Security, but they are too boring for me to go into. Whatever they were, Soult won the elderly vote, who voted in record numbers. Brunsel traveled the state nearly constantly the last three days leading up to the primary, but was unable to take better than fourth place. At least he’s not like poor Reverend Craddock, who didn’t secure a delegate despite taking over 16% of the vote.

Mississippi: 44 Delegates
J. Rights (FL): 55.1%, 44 Delegates
J. Craddock (NC): 22.3%
P. Brunsel (IA): 12%
J. Ford (CA): 5.3%
C. Soult (PA): 4.7%
C. Wixted (PA): 0.3%
D. Smith (WY): 0.3%

This one can be summed up in no other candidate cared. Rights was expected to win big in Mississippi, and he did. This further cements his control on the Deep South. Sadly, when these primaries are over he will have lost his base. All his base will belong to others!

North Carolina: 76 Delegates
J. Craddock (NC): 27.1%, 26 Delegates
C. Soult (PA): 26.8%, 25 Delegates
J. Rights (FL): 25.7%, 25 Delegates
P. Brunsel (IA): 11.7%
J. Ford (CA): 7.3%
C. Wixted (PA): 0.8%

North Carolina voted for its favorite son, this was expected. It was not expected that Soult would take second, and nearly win the entire thing. With the switch of 2,311 votes to Soult he wins Craddock’s home state, but he will just have to settle for a satisfying second place finish. Soult put a lot of effort into North Carolina to see if he could break past the Religious Right coalition of Rights and Craddock, and he did. Craddock was not too happy about this; he seems to be weighing an Independent run for president.

Tennessee: 93 Delegates
C. Soult (PA): 24.3%,48 Delegates
J. Rights (FL): 22.7%, 45 Delegates
J. Ford (CA): 16.9%
P. Brunsel (IA): 16.7%
J. Craddock (NC): 12.3%
C. Wixted (PA): 5.3%
D. Smith (WY): 1.8%

Riding high with an endorsement from popular Governor Don Johnson (R-TN), Christ Soult was able to take another narrow victory over Rights. Johnson lambasted Senator Rights as, “The candidate of the old racist ways of the past. He is the candidate of segregation and ignorance. The South must move beyond the racism of the past and continue to embrace the social progress it has made since the 1960’s.” Rights was unable to shake the tag of “Wallace-ite” and “Johnnie Reb”, because he was darn proud of it! This actually helped him in the Southern part of the state and even more amongst his base, but the big cites came in for Soult and gave him a victory that has left Rights red (and purple) in the face.

Texas: 317 Delegates
J. Ford: (CA): 27%, 177 Delegates
P. Brunsel (IA): 24.5%, 122 Delegates
J. Rights (FL): 15.2%, 12 Delegates
C. Soult (PA): 13.3%, 6 Delegates
D. Smith (WY): 11.5%
C. Wixted (PA): 5.7%
J. Craddock (NC): 2.8%

Finally, a really big one has fallen, giving Ford a lot of delegates to work with. His strength amongst military families and businessmen gave him a powerful win in solidly-Republican Texas. Ford was able to use his knowledge of military affairs he so solidly was trained in while serving as Secretary of Defense and his pro-business platform to appeal to a wide range of Texans. Brunsel was able to use his solid platform of “pro-life, pro-family, and pro-American” very well at his rallies where he held barbecues, tossed horseshoes, and played “Oh beautiful, beautiful Texas.” Rights and Soult were both flabbergasted at their poor showings, but when you put together the facts that they were simply outshone by the two front-runners, they should be able to add it up.

The GOP Primary is hotter than the flames that burned the South down in 1865; I expect no less than 25 ballots at the Convention.

jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #370 on: January 14, 2006, 10:33:20 PM »

Kramer will fight for the South like mad.  I will run a pro-South campaign to a degree like StatesRights, but I will also compete for and, contrary to what is perhaps the con. wisdom, do well among minorities.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #371 on: January 14, 2006, 10:35:21 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2006, 10:44:37 PM by Supersoulty »

Wow... I just got tied into a sack and thrown into the Mississippi... there is no other way to describe it.

Apparently, I lack appeal in all but three Southern States.  My campaign is quite stuned by this.  I mean, I love grits.  I eat them four times a week in the summer.  And, I eat them with Vermont Maple Syrup... so, as you can see, I am the only candidate who can bridge the divide.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #372 on: January 14, 2006, 10:58:12 PM »

Wow... I just got tied into a sack and thrown into the Mississippi... there is no other way to describe it.

Apparently, I lack appeal in all but three Southern States.  My campaign is quite stuned by this.  I mean, I love grits.  I eat them four times a week in the summer.  And, I eat them with Vermont Maple Syrup... so, as you can see, I am the only candidate who can bridge the divide.

You'll do fine with the next bunch of primaries. You se, the center is split, and Ford had more revenue than you did. The Northeast and Pacific West will be much kinder to you (and a lot meaner to me!).
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #373 on: January 14, 2006, 11:05:17 PM »

Kramer and Nyman battle it out in Dixie.
By Wallace P. Kueeler, Publisher Emeritus Campaign ‘32

Senator Cosmo Kramer (D-AR) was given a treatment of Southern hospitality mixed with Sherman hospitality as well. Nyman used his front-runner status well as he battled it out in Kramer’s home terrain.

Alabama: 42 Delegates
P. Kramer (AR): 47.7%, 30 delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 33.2%, 12 Delegates
G. Lundregen (MN): 11.4%
L. Longley (WA): 7.3%

H. Bartlett (IA): 0.4%

Kramer was able to easily win a state he was highly favored to win. No news there. That Nyman was able to crack his base of blue-collar workers should send chills up the spine of Kramer. Poor Bartlett was confined to polling less than 1%, due mainly to what I would call “the not campaigning” factor. He has intelligently decided to forgo the South and is now aiming at the West.

P. Kramer (AR): 89.3%, 41 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 7.9%
G. Lundregen (MN): 2.7%
L. Longley (WA): 0.1%
H. Bartlett (IA): 0%

No one bothered to come to Arkansas because they all knew Kramer would easily win it. Here he nearly takes 90%, moving on…

Georgia: 91 Delegates
P. Kramer (AR): 46.9%,46 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 46.5%, 45 Delegates
L. Longley (WA): 3.6%
G. Lundregen (MN): 2.7%
H. Bartlett (IA): 0.3%

Nyman was able to nearly break into the Deep South losing Georgia by just 534 votes. Nyman skillfully was able to put together a large caucus of “white-collar” laborers in Atlanta and Savannah. This was enough to offset Kramer huge support from minimum wage workers and just those who prefer a Southerner on the top of the ticket. Kramer played his southerner card to the fullest, even adopting “Dixie” as his new campaign song. He even was endorsed by popular two-term Senator Dave Hawk (D-GA), thus helping him even more in the state. The Southern Card was enough to give him a narrow win over Nyman who outspent Kramer 4 to 1.

Kentucky: 51 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 51%, 30 delegates
P. Kramer (AR): 41.9%, 21 delegates
G. Lundregen (MN): 4.8%
L. Longley (WA): 1.7%
H. Bartlett (IA): 0.6%

Just like Soult, Nyman was able to use his regional sway to make Kentucky a “rust belt” state. Bible-thumping preachers were outvoted by the industrial workers of the Ohio River Valley. Kramer lost “the second Battle of Perryville” to Nyman. This debate at Perryville put Kramer on the spot. He was forced to fess up to a letter that was leaked by “Sore Throat” which was supposedly written by the Senator. In it the Senator used derogatory terms for blacks, gays, and other minority groups. “The Hate Letter” was the central issue of the debate, and Kramer seemed to relay the message that he didn’t care about the letter. Nyman cleverly spun this to mean that Kramer didn’t really care about minorities. Nyman was able to bolster his already huge support amongst minority voters by pointing out how he had had authored several Hate Crimes and Speech acts while serving in the Senate. On primary day a record number of black voters handed Nyman a convincing victory. Wait…I have just received word that “The Hate Letter” is a fake, and that “Sore Throat” has once again cost a candidate victory in a primary.

Louisiana: 97 Delegates
P. Kramer (AR): 46.2%, 53 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 43.7%, 44 Delegates
L. Longley (WA): 9.1%
G. Lundregen (MN): 0.7%
H. Bartlett (IA): 0.3%

Kramer took another victory in the Deep South, but this was a surprise. Nyman was polling even with him until about two-hours before the polls began. Vorlon Polling Company showed a swing of undecided voters in favor of Kramer. When the polls closed, Kramer had been able to offset the faked “Hate Letter” and a powerful Nyman Campaign in the suburbs. In surprising news, Longley actually polled well. His strength in the suburbs was not that great, but enough to place him in third place.

Mississippi: 44 Delegates
P. Kramer (AR): 52.2%, 31 delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 43.9%, 13 delegates
G. Lundregen (MN): 3.7%
L. Longley (WA): 0.2%
H. Bartlett (IA): 0%

Kramer’s strong poll numbers in the Deep South gave him victory in Mississippi.  End of story

North Carolina: 76 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 44.3%, 41 delegates
P. Kramer (AR): 39.8%, 34 delegates
G. Lundregen (MN): 12.7%, 1 delegate
H. Bartlett (IA): 2%
L. Longley (WA): 1.2%

The politics of the steel mill gave Nyman a strong victory. He was endorsed by the Steel Workers’ Union in Charlotte, giving him an edge in a state where Union activity was surprisingly high this year. Kramer was able to use his Southern drawl to his advantage, but he lacked endorsements from papers, mayors, and county officials. In the end Kramer couldn’t fight City Hall, and was sent packing back to Little Rock. Lundregen did well, but I have no idea why.

Tennessee: 93 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 45.1%, 47 delegates
P. Kramer (AR): 45.1%, 46 delegates
G. Lundregen (MN): 8.6%
L. Longley (WA): 1%
H. Bartlett (IA): 0.2%

Nyman won this one by 49 votes, putting a thorn in the side of Kramer’s campaign. Nyman was able to just use tons of more revenue and media attention to offset the Kramer campaign. His support in the northern area of the state was enough to stop Kramer’s strength in the West. The crucial endorsement of Representative and titular head of the Tennessee Democratic Party Tim Cash to Nyman gave him ponderous amounts of votes in the big cites. Minority voters came out in force on primary day, thus giving the man from Michigan a narrow victory over “The Arkansas Traveler.”

Texas: 317 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 32.3%, 201 delegates
P. Kramer (AR): 23.7%, 58 delegates
L. Longley (WA): 21.1%, 54 delegates
G. Lundregen (MN): 15.6%, 4 delegates
H. Bartlett (IA): 7.3%

Nyman and Longley were the two surprises here. Kramer’s huge support amongst the working man was offset once again by a combination of skilled craftsmen (for Nyman) and computer technicians (for Longley). Longley performed extremely well in Dallas, placing second behind Nyman. Kramer did well in the small rural counties. Nyman took the rest. This win seems to make him the Democratic nominee over night, He now just needs to win for his expected huge wins in the assorted primaries in two weeks, and he will only have to focus on picking a running-mate.

The Libertarian Primaries in Texas, Georgia, and Tennessee were all for G. Leonard Hobbes except Georgia, which went for Dibble, his running-mate. Hobbes has already rose over $100 million dollars for his campaign.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #374 on: January 14, 2006, 11:11:49 PM »

L. Longley (WA): 0.1%

I want to personally mail each of these people flowers.  They are true freedom fighters.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies