National poll by YouGov
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:52:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  National poll by YouGov
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: National poll by YouGov  (Read 898 times)
Former Democrat
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2015, 04:46:11 AM »

President:
Hillary/Cruz: 46/37

Hillary/Paul: 46/40

Hillary/Rubio: 44/40

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/5bfxk1yh2f/econTabReport.pdf#page=89&zoom=auto,-268,603
Former Democrat
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 05:01:42 AM »

Rubio is doing great in that poll, he is holding Clinton to below 50% with Hispanics while he is getting 30%.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 05:15:08 AM »

Would certainly be an interesting election to see for sure. I could easily see a Hillary/Rubio matchup resulting in a bump in the number of whites voting Democrat and Hispanics voting Republican.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 06:21:18 AM »

Would certainly be an interesting election to see for sure. I could easily see a Hillary/Rubio matchup resulting in a bump in the number of whites voting Democrat and Hispanics voting Republican.

How so? Because of white women? Certainly possible.

White women, and the view that Obama's 39% among white voters (especially in a victory) was an aberration. Similarly, his high performance among Hispanic voters was another aberration. I don't think Hispanics are going to become a monolithic Democratic voting block like some seem to believe, nor do I believe whites are going to be a monolithic Republican voting block.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 01:32:06 PM »

Any Latino who would vote for a candidate because they are Latino likely wouldn't consider Rubio "Latino." Same with Ted Cruz.  Trust me, I have a Latino name but my apperance constantly gets me referred to as a whiteboy.

He will do well with the Cuban vote in Florida and perhaps significantly drive up turnout amongst that group, but for most Mexicans, Central American, and South American descendants, Rubio is more the kind of Latino politician that many of these people emigrated to escape.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies