WI-Marquette: Hillary+12 vs. Walker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:51:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WI-Marquette: Hillary+12 vs. Walker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-Marquette: Hillary+12 vs. Walker  (Read 10842 times)
porky88
Rookie
United States

« on: April 17, 2015, 11:52:54 PM »

I still wouldn't underestimate Scott Walker. Democrats in Wisconsin have been doing that for five years now, and he always beats them.

With that said, the home son or daughter affect is very overrated in presidential politics. Maybe John Kasich could carry Ohio if he’s somebody’s running mate, though I still have reservations about that. For the most part, the electorate is too polarizing to care about somebody living in the same state as him or her. Wisconsin reinforces this narrative. I suspect Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio won’t solidify Florida, either. The same goes for Tim Kaine and Mark Warner if Hillary chooses one of them as her running mate. Hillary win or lose Virginia on her own.
porky88
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 12:08:39 AM »

Walker is going through a bit of a rough patch in Wisconsin with the budget cuts and him presumptavely running for president. Wisconsinites never wanted President Walker to begin with; if we wanted any of the Wisconsin Republicans to run it was Paul Ryan. If he had to run for re-election again any time soon, Walker would probably lose. The state's economic numbers and budget look rather ugly at the moment.

Now, I voted for Scott Walker, but he doesn't look like the answer for president right now.

I heard on the radio today that Wisconsin's unemployment rate dropped to like 4.6 percent, placing us well below the national average. I think this has more to do with Wisconsin stubbornly voting blue in presidential elections.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies